A Viking Chief's twins

By Lava_Serpant

(I know I have a completely different story like this) What if Hiccup had a brother? One he thought had died... More

Dragon's Child
Ultra Trouble
New Dragon And New Friend
Tattoos
I'm The Hunter
Healer
Father?
Trust
Attack
Staying? Or Leaving?
Bounty On Who?
AN
This Is Getting Ridiculous
Okay Another AN
Pressure Points
Pieces
Standards
Operation Frost
Frosty Love
Accepted? Or Disowned?
Where Are They?
Questions
The Calm Before The Storm
That's Your Name?
Here's The Storm
Time Out
Mystery Pair
Stranger? Or Friend?
Tense Reunions
Mislabled
Cruel Treatment
Hiccup and Snot-lout "help"
Finders Keepers
Ill gotten
Buffy
Teas Always The Answer
Friendly Family Introductions
Unexpected Contestants
You Hurt Us Too
Gaming time!
Icy Depths
New Contestant
Music soothes the savage dragon
I Want A Dog
Replacement
She is The Healer
Haddock's camping
Who Doesn't Like Chocolate?
Sandbusted
Deep Sea Terror's
Demonic
All Alone
Never Alone
Wing Maidens
The Battle Begins
Dragon's Are The Masters
Want A Race?
A/N
Sequal

Code Panic

2K 62 39
By Lava_Serpant

(Kai's POV)

It took me forever to find Astrid, but I did. She was in the forest with Heather doing target practice with their axes. It looked like she was getting her anger out on the targets and when I showed up she "accidentally" missed the target and it was only because of my quick reflexes that I did not get my skull split in half.

"Hey! Are you trying to kill me?" I asked her and she coldly replies. "Yes," I roll my eyes at the crazy blonde. "What are you doing here? We're busy," Heather said rudely crossing her arms. "Hey I thought we bonded when discussing how to kill a couple of annoying idiots," I said putting a hand over my heart and feigning innocence.

The raven haired girl rolls her green eyes. "I need more than that to warm up to you even a bit," she said. "Look I just want to talk to Astrid alone okay? No funny business just civil talking," I said trying to be reasonable, solely for Hiccup's sake.

Heather looks to Astrid who was looking at me with a calculated expression. "Drop your weapons," she said. "If you drop yours," I said. She drops her axe and kicks it away and I dropped my katnas doing the same.

"All of them," we both say at the same time. She looks really annoyed we said the same thing at the same time, but I laugh a little at it and took off my belt strapped around my waist that held all my smaller throwing weapons. I threw it with my Katana and Astrid took out her daggers from her belt. I think there's another one in her boot, but I'm not calling her out on it.

"Okay Heather you can go," Astrid said. Heather looks at her, makes eye contact with me, makes a threatening hand gesture, and finally leaves. I look at Astrid who was glaring at me with a impatient 'well?' face.

"Okay so I just want to start off and say I didn't mean for any of this to happen okay? I didn't mean for you and Hiccup to have a fight," I said. "Well clearly you did," she snaps at me. "Well I said don't steal the gold, I also never told Hiccup you took the gold in the first place that came out on its own," I said and she huffs.

"Are you here to scold me?" She asks dryly. "No I'm here so we can make up and you can go back to trying to date my brother," I respond and she glares at me with a blush on her cheeks. "So? Not like it's gonna fix anything," she said. "Yeah, but it's a start. Anyway I was thinking about what you like and I know exactly what you would like," I said and she raises a skeptic eyebrow. "Your going to teach me that spinning thing?" I rolled my eyes at her because she had been subtlety pestering me to teach her. "It's called spinjitzu and I can't teach you," I said. "Why not?" She asks with a angry voice. "Because I can only teach it to someone else if I ask permission from the one who taught me it. If I don't ask permission than I am upsetting Ninjago's god and I'm sure you agree we should never get on the bad side of gods," I said. It was a total lie about asking permission, I can teach anyone I want if I want, but I  can't just teach her and she's got to respect her gods to some degree.

I was right when she grumbles annoyed. "Fine then if you need me I'll be doing patrol," Astrid said picking up her axe, but I said. "Wait! I know Morse Code?" I said saying the first thing that came to mind. She pauses and looked at me like I was crazy and just done with me. "What?" She asks. "You know Morse code? Do Vikings not have Morse code?" I asked. She turns back to face me. "No what is it?" She asks and I sighed in relief.

"It's this series of taps that spell out a word. When me and the others get captured we make a escape plan by tapping against the cell walls or whistling. No one realizes we're making a plan until too late," I explained to her. She looks interested like I hoped. "So you communicate without words?" She asks. "Yeah you can do it in tapping, whistling, blinking, lights, or even write it out since no one in this realm must know it so when you guys are captured it would be a total advantage because no one will realize your planning a escape. Or if your in the same room as someone you don't trust you can communicate right in front of them without them knowing it," I explained.

Now I had her interest and she said. "Teach me," rather commandingly, but hey it was a step towards her warming up. Besides I didn't mention me being right about Yohan and I can tell she's grateful for that and also regretful. I must admit I don't really like her attitude, but I'll put up with her for Hiccup's sake.

I taught her the basic S.O.S which she got pretty quickly, but the rest was harder. I tried making it easier by doing a alphabet in the dirt, but then I realized I wrote it in Ninjagian. "Hmmm might have to redo this," I said. "Oh come on that took you ages!" She complains. "Well sorry," I rolled my eyes at her. "I'm going on patrol now," she said. "Well I'm gonna come," I said. "I don't need help," she said clearly offended. "And if you need it I'm not giving it, but I don't want to head back to the Edge and get hounded by my ex's so I'm joining whether you want me or not," I said and she groans in annoyance while I smile sweetly enjoying her misery.

With Fish-legs

Fish-legs smiles happily as he wrote down his notes on Ember with all the research he had been doing. He's measured her, plucked a scale or two to study, and managed to get her to spit some fire. The thing that stumps him though is that he can't get Ember to spit that healing fire like her mother. It's the unique part of the dragon that has Fish-legs so fascinated purely by the fact it should be impossible, yet he saw it himself.

He puts down his notes and then grabbed a wilting flower and put it in front of Ember who looks at it confused. "Go on Ember fire some of that nice fire," Fish-legs said encouragingly in a bit of a baby voice. Ember took a intake of breath and Fish-legs smiles excited only to be disappointed when the dragon burps with a puff of smoke.

"Aww come on little baby dragon I have until dinner to research that unique flame of yours so just use it," Fish-legs pleads the last part desperately. Ember just licks her front paw like a kitten and Fish-legs groans in defeat. There was a knock on his hut door and he got up to answer it. "Meat-lug watch Ember," He said to his dragon who was in the corner. He opens the door and was pleasantly surprised to see Heather standing there.

"Heather! What a delightful surprise anything you need?" Fish-legs asks cheerfully his previously glum appearance gone. Heather smiles shyly and said. "Well Kai and Astrid are talking things out and I can't really find anyone else nearby, so I decided to come by and hang out," Heather said walking in and Fish-legs closes the door behind her. "Well I'm just studying Ember," Fish-legs said modestly. "Kai let you study her?" Heather asks. "Yeah I convinced him besides I just need to have her back by dinner without a scratch and I'll be fine," Fish-legs said proud of himself. Heather looks around and asks. "Alright where is she?" "Where's who?" Fish-legs asks confused.

Heather tips her head at him concerned and said slowly. "Ember?" She said and Fish-legs looks around his hut and realizes Ember is not where he left her. "EMBER!" Fish-legs screams immediately panicking and it woke up Meat-lugs who was dozing in the corner. Sensing her rider was upset, possibly at her since she was meant to watch the dragon, she backed out back. Fish-legs ran around his hut frantically searching for Ember. He found a burnt through hole and no signs of Ember.

"Kai's going to burn my insides!" Fish-legs screeches in terror albeit quiet enough to not be considered a yell. "And why would I do that?" Fish-legs turns and see's Kai standing their with a impatient Astrid behind him. "Kai Astrid what are you doing here?" Fish-legs asks trying to hide his panicking. "I wanted to check on my baby dragon before I went on patrol with Astrid," Kai replies taking a look around the hut judgingly. "And I'm waiting so he can teach me Morse Code," Astrid adds though she sounded impatient.

"Now dear Fish-legs where is my adorable Ember?" Kai asks and calls out. "Ember! Come give uncle Kai a hug," Kai calls whistling a little. Fish-legs quickly thinks up a excuse. "Oh she's with Meat-lug down in my rock garden very relaxing she must be asleep so she can't hear you. Better for me easier to sketch sleeping dragons," Fish-legs said with a smile. Kai raises a eyebrow the same way Hiccup does and him looking him up and down. "Then why are you here?" He asks. Fish-legs pauses having trouble to come up with a explanation.

"I asked him to help me since Wind-sheer has the flu and he's got a bunch of notes on Razor-whips from the dragon eye," Heather said a lot more convincing than Fish-legs was being. Kai seems to buy it. "Well get back to her I don't want her to be alone even if it's with another dragon, and remember if I don't have her back by dinner your insides burning will be the least painful thing I'll do to you," Kai states and left with Astrid summoning his spirit dragon, which everyone was jealous of, and left with Astrid.

Fish-legs sighs in relief before panicking again. "If I don't find Ember I'm dead!" He panics. "Hey it's gonna be okay we just need to find Ember," Heather calms. "And how are we gonna do that?" Fish-legs asks pitifully. Meat-lug gave a small roar and points her claw out to the distance and they saw a red speck flying in the distance.

Fish-legs hops on Meat-lug and yelled. "Mush Meat-lug! Mush! My life depends on it!" Fish-legs yells and Meat-lugs flies as fast as she can. Heather was close behind on Wind-sheer determined not to let Fish-legs die a painful and slow death at the hands of a angry fire ninja.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333 5 1
How different would things be if Stoick wasn't fast enough to push Hiccup out of the way of Kala's plasma blast during the Sanctuary battle? This is...
97.1K 2K 50
YN Haddock is the younger sister Hiccup by 2 years. Unlike her brother YN is aggressive. She and her brother share Compassion, adventure, and a love...
21.6K 663 22
πŸŽ‰*Completed*🎊 Kai have been holding a huge family serect from others. He was never treated right by his father as he went threw a lot of painful "t...
72K 2.1K 18
ᯐ π’π€π•πˆππ† 𝐌𝐘 π‹πˆπ†π‡π“: 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟐 ( π™·π™Ύπš† πšƒπ™Ύ πšƒπšπ™°π™Έπ™½ πšˆπ™Ύπš„πš π™³πšπ™°π™Άπ™Ύπ™½ 𝟸 ) ─────────────────── ❝ 𝐈𝐌 π’πŽπ‘π‘π˜, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈'𝐌 οΏ½...