What is Love?(Newt x reader)

By Jules694

[discontinued] YN wakes up in a box with a boy with blonde hair and brown eyes. They dislike each other at f... More

Chapter 1: Welcome to the glade
Chapter 2: One month later
Chapter 3: Nightmares
Chapter 4: Ugh life
chapter 5: What's wrong with Newt?
Chapter 6: Why did you do it?
Chapter 7: Helping him
Chapter 8: Some of us have to go.
Chapter 9: George
Chapter 10: Stung
Chapter 11: Meeting
Chapter 12: What's your problem!?
Chapter 13:Not him, please
Chapter 14: 6 months later
Chapter 15:Love
Chapter 17:Stupid.
Chapter 18: Time flies.
Chapter 19:All my friends are dead
Chapter 20: Stuck
Chapter 21:This Shank
Chapter 22:Teresa
Chapter 23: The cliff
Chapter 24: The Code
Chapter 25: The way out
Chapter 26: Who are they?
Chapter 27:Tattoos
Chapter 28: WICKED
Chapter 29: Phase Two
Chapter 30: He Killed Them
Chapter 31:Cranks
Chapter 32:Passed Him The Gun
Chapter 33: Lightning
Chapter 34: The girl...
Chapter 35:Flying out of a building
Chapter 36:Marcus
Chapter 37: It's a car?
Chapter 38: The plan
Chapter 39: Mountain people
Chapter 40: Teresa
Chapter 41:Ratman
Chapter 42: Plan A
A/N
A/N

Chapter 16:Another one?

1.6K 28 31
By Jules694

YN POV
It's been about a month since Newt and I got married and since it's been a month, it means that another greenie is coming.

Newt and I were currently on our way to the map room to check on the runners when the annoyingly loud alarm went off.

We both turned around and started walking towards the box since we knew that it would take another 30 minutes before the box actually came up.

When we got there most people were already standing in a circle around the box, Newt and I pushed through to be at the opening with Alby.

"YN it's your turn to take the greenie around." Alby said.

"Okay." I replied. "Hopefully it wouldn't be as bad as last time." I mumbled, last time a greenie came it was a very rude boy and when I jumped in, he started saying some harsh words, lets just say he ended up with a bloody nose from me and a night in the pit from Newt.

We waited an excruciatingly long amount of time before the box finally came up. The metal door opened and Newt and Gally went to open the box doors grabbing a handle each and pulling it up.

When the box was finally open I jumped in. But I didn't expect what I saw, I gasped loud enough for everyone at the front of the circle to hear.

"YN are you okay? What's wrong?" Newt asked worry laced in his voice.

"I-it's a girl." I said making everyone gasp in surprise.

"Where am I?" The girl asked, she had long red hair, blue eyes and looked about 16.

"Right sorry, I'm YN. You're in the glade." I said.

"The what?" She asked trembling a bit.

"The glade, come on lets get you out of here and I can show you, okay?" I asked calmly, she nodded in reply still looking scared.

"Newt, Gally can you pass the rope?" I yelled up to the boys. They dropped down the rope and I looked back at the girl, "Hey, it's alright, we're not going to hurt you." I reassured her.

I then grabbed the rope and pulled myself up, I turned around and helped the girl get out too. She looked around with a scared look on her face, I then remembered that we were only surrounded by boys, she grabbed onto my arm and hid behind me.

"Hey, it's okay, they won't hurt you, I won't let them." I said calmly.

"Okay everyone back to work!" Newt shouted, everyone followed Newt's order leaving the girl, Newt and I.

"You alright?" I asked the girl.

"Y-yeah." She replied.

"Oh right, this is Newt." I said turning to the boy stood next to me, he smiled at the girl and she looked down still a bit scared.

"I'm-" the girl cut herself off "I don't remember, why can't I remember anything?" She asked starting to look even more terrified.

"Hey, hey calm down, it's okay, it's normal." I said trying to calm her down. She took a deep breath and nodded.

"NEWT!" Alby suddenly shouted from the homestead.

"I need to get back to work, you girls gonna be okay?" He asked, we both nodded in response, "I'll see you at the bonfire." He added.

"Alright, go before Alby throws you off the cliff." I said.

"Bye." He said and then started walking to the homestead.

"Bye!" I shouted back. I then turned to the girl, "right lets get started with the tour." I said.

"O-okay." She replied.

We started the tour by walking towards the tower and climbing on top of it.

"That's the homestead-" I said pointing to the wooden building "-that's where we eat and that's also where the keepers and leaders sleep." I said.

"What are keepers?" She asked.

"They are the people who are sort of the bosses of each job, they help keep order. For example Frypan, he's the keeper of the cooks or Winston who's the keeper of the slicers and so on."

"Who are the leaders then?" She asked.

"Well there's Alby, he's the first in command, he has the most power here and he's the person that everyone listens to. Then there's Newt and I, we're both second in command, meaning that if anything happened to Alby we would be in charge." I explained.

"Over there are the deadheads, a massive forest we call it the deadheads because that's where we burry people who have died, it's also a way to pay our respects." I said pointing to towards the canopy of trees.

"Over there are the gardens, it's pretty self-explanatory, that's where we grow our food." I explained pointing towards the gardens.

"That's the barn aka the place we keep our animals and also where we slaughter them." I said pointing to the red building.

"What's behind the walls?" She asked.

"That's the maze, the doors close at night and the maze changes, every single night like clockwork. It's a very dangerous place, there are these monsters in there, we call them grievers, they look a bit like spiders, but they have these gooey bodies and they are as big as cows. Trust me, you don't want to get stuck there at night, no one has ever survived a night in the maze." I said.

"Now the rules, we have three rules here, number 3; do your part, we don't want slackers. Number 2; never hurt another glader, we need order to live peacefully. And number 1, the most important rule; never go outside those walls, you already know why." I exclaimed. "If you break any of those rules you will either be put in the pit; it's like our jail. Or you will get banished; you will be sent out into the maze at night." I added. "Any questions?" I asked.

"I don't think so." She answered.

"Alright then greenie, lets get ready for the bonfire." I said, I then stood up and started climbing back down.

We both got down from the tower and started heading towards the place we usually held our bonfires.

"Ah there you are, I was about to go get you." Newt said.

"Well we're here now." I said.

"Lets get the bonfire started then. Here." He said and handed me one of the torches.

"Cheers." I replied.

"You two have weird accents." The girl said.

"Thank you." I replied sarcastically. "stay here I'll be back in a minute." I added.

Newt and I then walked towards the fire pit where all the sticks were aliened to create a triangle shape. Once we got there we stood in a line with all of the others and Alby lit mine and Newt's torches.

"Light it up!" Alby shouted, we all threw our torches in and with that the bonfire begun.

"Alright, I'm gonna go back to the greenie." I said.

"Okay, I'll be with Minho." Newt replied with a smile, he then gave my cheek a quick kiss and left to sit with Minho and the other runners.

I walked back to the girl and noticed that she was staring at the maze doors.

"You alright?" I asked her.

"Uh yeah, just thinking." She replied with a smile.

"You wanna go sit down?" I asked.

"Sure." She replied. We walked towards a free log and on the way I got myself a jar of Gally's drink. We sat down and I turned to her.

"Do you want to try some?" I asked showing her my drink.

"Yeah." She replied. I passed her the jar and watched as she took a sip of the drink, after a couple of seconds she spit it out and began coughing. "Oh my god what is that?" She asked between coughs.

"I don't know to be honest, it's Gally's secret recipe, trade secret whatever that means." I replied. She gave me the jar back and I took a sip.

"How can you drink that?" She asked in shock.

"You get used to it after drinking it for 2 years." I replied.

"2 years!?" She asked.

"Yep, that's how long I've been here." I replied.

"Oh." Was all she said.

"So since I finally have another girl here, is there a boy that caught your eye yet?" I asked with a smirk.

"Uh I don't know, the guy with spikey black hair is pretty hot." She replied.

"Oh, that's Minho, the keeper of the runners, he's very sassy and also very sarcastic, a bit passive aggressive but he's still one of my best friends." I said, I then noticed a pair of eyes looking at me, I turned my head and realised it was Newt, so I smiled at him and showed him the middle finger, he put his hand on his heart and gave me a mock offended expression.

"What about you? You and Newt seem pretty close. Do you have a crush on him?" She asked smirking and wiggling her eyebrows.

"Well you could say that." I replied.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Well he's my husband." I replied nonchalantly.

"WHAT!?" She yelled in shock, making everyone turn and look at us, I awkwardly smiled and they all went back to what they were doing.

Newt and Minho soon came up to us. "You alright girls?" Newt asked, he then sat next to me and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Your married!?" The girl asked loudly.

"Yep." Newt replied, we then both showed her our left hands which had our wedding rings on them, which made her jaw drop.

Minho chuckled and sat beside the greenie. We sat and chatted about random things for a while when the greenie suddenly said, "Anna, my name is Anna!" (AN: If your name is Anna you can change the one in the story to something else).

"Everyone meet the greenie, Anna!" Minho shouted, which made everyone cheer for her.

NEWT POV

We sat against the log for a while and I noticed that YN had drank quite a lot, about 10 drinks, and she was VERY out of it.

She suddenly turned around and looked at me, "Newwwt your so prettyyyyy." She said. Minho and Anna both looked at us with smirks.

"You're very pretty too." I replied with a smile making her blush.

She then turned to Anna and said, "Oh my god my crush just called me pretty!" She said excitedly making all of us laugh.

"You should ask him out." Anna replied.

YN then turned to me, "Newt will you be my boyfriend?" She asked shyly.

"YN we're married." I replied with a smile.

"What!?" She yelled with a shocked expression. "I married the hottest guy here?!" She shouted again.

"No YN, you married Newt not me." Minho replied, making me smack him upside the head. "Don't touch my hair man!" Minho said with a very overexaggerated tone of voice.

"Minho?" YN asked.

"Yes YN?" Minho replied.

"Do you use griever spit as your hair gel?" She asked making me laugh loudly.

"No YN I don't." Minho replied also laughing.

YN suddenly got up and sat on my lap putting her legs around my waist. She put her hand in my hair and started playing with it. "You have really fluffy hair Newt." She said.

"Oh, do I now?" I asked.

"OH MY GOD! You have a British accent!" She shouted.

"I know love, so do you." I said chuckling. Anna and Minho were both rolling on the ground with laughter at this point. YN then put her head on my shoulder and wrapped her arms around my torso, I hugged her back while still laughing at her drunken words.

Minho, Anna and I kept talking for a while when I noticed that YN had fallen asleep sitting on my lap and hugging me.

"I better get this girl to bed, night guys." I said and then stood up, still holding YN.

"Night." They both replied.

I then started walking towards the homestead and to our room.

When I got there I laid YN on the bed and took her shoes off, I also changed her into her night clothes and went and changed myself.

After that I went and laid in bed next to her, I moved her so she laid on her side in case she vomited at night so she wouldn't choke and hugged her waist. I then kissed her hair and went to sleep myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85K 1.5K 31
Skylar got sent up to the Glade the same way everyone else was sent up. In a moving box. There are three things different about her though, 1. She's...
449K 15.7K 27
Thomas finds himself waking up inside a box and being welcomed by a cruel and cold guy named Newt. What is he hiding? Will Thomas ever learn? Will yo...
1.1K 24 13
y/n arrives into the maze being the only girl ever. y/n and newt start to get close as time progresses. she starts to get her memories back when th...
1.1M 26.7K 48
"I thought being trapped inside four stone walls would slowly drive me insane- then you came into the picture." Just like the rest of the gladers, Y...