๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ | ๐ž๐ง๐ก๐ฒ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง ๏ฟฝ...

Por camisansbtxte

"I'm eighteen years old and haven't done anything with my life... I don't have someone who I can make happy e... Mais

1: prologue
2: dawn
3: daydreamer
4: project
5: Amy?
6: used
7: 1st first
8: 2nd first
9: recovery
10: forgive me
11: threatened
12: 3rd first
13: vacation
14: island living
15: true intentions
16: meeting you
17: pre-runway looks
18: i think i wanna marry you
19: mother dearest
20: sunghoonie
21: skater boy
22: 4th first
23: 5th first
24: you're back
25: mediator
26: i can get used to this
27: i miss you
28: rescued
29: valentine's special
30: 6th first
31: goodbye
32: when you're gone
33: 7th first
34: gossiper
35: Amy
36: 8th first
37: 9th first
38: caught
39: courthouse pt 1
40: courthouse pt 2
41: exams exams exams
42: ghost
43: cant you see me?
45: back story pt 2
46: journey's end
47: listen to me
48: 9th first
49: so many firsts
50: epilogue
51: birthday special
End Credits

44: back story pt 1

1K 70 8
Por camisansbtxte

"𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞,"

~🌙 ~

Eun Hyerin

I stared at the front of the familiar skyscraper that towered over the busy Manilla streets. A breath escaped my throat as my lifestyle had returned after a month break. Was I really happy to be back here? I struggled to convince myself that this is what I wanted. Leaving behind lovely people who encouraged me to be myself was a hurt I only understood. I felt similar when my mother died, but then again - I'm still here and she is not. 

"We should get going Miss Eun," My PA spoke from besides me, passing on a cup of hot coffee. I nodded reluctantly and began making my way into the building. I was greeted by familiar staff who all welcomed me back. One kind clerk welcomed me 'home' which settled funnily in my stomach. 

I climbed the 32 floors and entered my pride and joy of an office. It was just how I left it, pens and everything still scattered in front of my PC. 

"Do you need anything for today, Miss Eun?" my PA asked with an honest work smile. 

"Just this week's briefing, please,"

I took a seat in my leather chair and turned on my computer. I had hundreds of work emails, missed calls and voicemails. I looked through them and groaned at my increasing work load. 

The satisfaction of being back struggled to settle as I was extremely confused. I had been gone a month but it seemed like any of my roles weren't covered. My father made no effort to replace me in the business and now the company was lagging. Reading the emails further it seemed that many people hadn't been able to contact us at all. 

'This is the third time we have tried to contact your company. If we do not hear back soon, whether in writing or by phone call, we will be selling our shares on...'

'We are no longer interested in being shareholders...'

'The shares of the company are not worth what they were before'

"What the hell has my father been doing all this time?" I mumbled angrily under my breath. I grabbed a pen and notepad and started making the necessary calls back but  was interrupted. As if on queue the doors to my office swung open and my father waltzed in.

"My favourite daughter is back!" he clapped his hands together and made his way towards my desk, "It is lovely to see you back here, Hyerin. I told you - you couldn't stay away."

I didn't reply but let the phone continue ringing. No answer. I instantaneously dialled another number, not giving my father any notice.

"You're not going to greet your father?" he frowned. He took a seat in front of my desk and leaned back like a business man. His legs were crossed and an arm rested on the surface of my desk. 

"I'm busy," was all I said. Again, the line didn't connect. I huffed as I had dialled about six numbers and no one was answering. My father chuckled at my attempts but said nothing as if he knew what was going on.

"I told you so," he said lowly.

"Why do you keep saying that?"

"Because I did," his eyes turned dark. He straightened himself up and looked at me directly. I put the phone down and did the same. 

"When you left I told you that this company needed you and leaving meant neglecting your responsibilities. You left anyways and the company suffered massively,"

"I can see that!" I raised my voice slightly, "Have you been working at all since I was gone?"

"Why should I need to? You are the primary shareholder - it is your company," my dad grinned like he was plotting something. But what did he mean my company?

"Can you stop talking in riddles and get to the point?" I ordered. 

"When you left crying about wanting a normal life, I thought about it too. I want a normal life too. A simple job where I can go where I please and relax without having to worry. So I did just that? I haven't worked since I left," 

"So who's been handling the company?" 

"PAs, the board, but mainly, you-,"

"ARE YOU CRAZY? I wasn't in the country and you put the entire company's responsibility on my back?!"

"I told you from a young age that actions have consequences. You chose to follow those rebellious boys who would never understand your big role. You did this to yourself, so fix it!" 

"No. I refuse. I refuse to fix your selfish mess to learn my lesson. The only lesson I've learnt is that working for you is as toxic as it always has been. I'm leaving," I got up from my desk and headed for the door. 

"Where will you go? Your assets have been sold and your accounts are millions of won in debt. You have no choice but to stay here and work your punishments off," My dad threatened me but his words didn't scare me. If there was anything I learnt from living with the guys in Seoul is that I always had a choice. 

"You're a terrible father," I muttered with teary eyes.

"You're a worse daughter. Leaving me here like your mother did," 

"Mother would have never done this to me, even if she disagreed. She's probably rolling in her grave watching you torture me like this!" 

"Don't you talk about your mother in that way!" 

"I'll do as I fucking please. I'm leaving - for good. You'll be hearing from my lawyers about the so called debt you are holding over my head."

With that I left the building without another word. I was boiling with anger, regret and betrayal. I was upset with myself for thinking that my argument with my father would fix itself. I was angry at myself for believing that my dad needed my help to fix the company - the only reason it was falling was because he let it. 

However, he was right. 

My accounts were frozen because of the amount of money I owed. My previous apartment was sold to some university students and somehow he managed to cancel my hotel reservation. I was lost in Manilla. I scratched my head thinking of anyone who would help me. All of my friends were daughters of the shareholders. They probably rejected me too. 

Then I remembered someone I was quite acquainted with last time I spoke to her. I prayed that she was willing enough to help me out. 

***

Seonhui welcomed me with warm, loving arms. I didn't need to say anything and yet she was fully caught up with the most current events. She welcomed me in and offered me some lunch. I insisted I wasn't hungry, but she wouldn't let me stay if I didn't eat. 

"You must be so scared, dear. I can't believe your father would be so mean," she sympathised with a hand on my back. I lowered my head not knowing what to say. 

"Trust me dear, I wouldn't blame you for leaving. Business is hard when you're so young. You have all your life ahead of you," I smiled knowing that she understood my half of the story, but I was still curious how she knew. I asked her and and she pulled a disappointed face. 

"Your father stopped doing business on purpose. My clothing stores ran out of stock even a week after you left and your father refused to send me any garments. I rang him demanding answers and he explained that it was your fault that the shipping confirmations hadn't been signed. When I tried to contact you, your PA explained that you had left for Seoul to finish your studies," Seonhui explained and I listened intently. 

"I was happy for you since your studies are the most important thing. Especially since our Jongseong got released from the hospital. There was nothing more I wanted for him than to get back to a normal life," she gushed in pride over Jay. Hearing his name sent chills through my chest. I still wasn't over the last conversation I held with him.

"Anyways, I kept ringing your father and eventually he slipped out that the shipment will be sent once you come back and learn your lesson," Seonhui paused with concern and briefly made sure I was alright. I edged her to continue. 

"I put together that your father was purposely letting the company fall so you would come back and fix it. It is truly cruel of him to do that, especially now that he owes hundreds of people money," she huffed.

We continued talking about my father's behaviour since she left. Seonhui was extremely surprised and worried once she found out that he had put all the debt in my name. From that conversation I was sure that I didn't want anything to do with business anymore. I needed to be back in Seoul where I had a choice about what I wanted to do with my life. 

More than anything, I wanted to graduate like any other eighteen year old - surrounded by my friends, throwing our caps and partying before college. 

"Don't worry dear. You have a home here with me. I'll make up Jay's bedroom for you and you can customise it however you want. Just ask Halmeoni," she beamed proudly. I teared up at her offer knowing full well that I was essentially homeless. I thanked her many times and took her offer graciously, but then remembered that it wasn't what I fully wanted.

"What is it dear?"

"I would love to stay here with you, but I want to go back to Seoul," I stated and she nodded understandingly, "I don't think the others will accept me again after how I left..."

"Hyerin-ssi. If there's anything I know about our Jongseong is that no matter how badly he is treated by anyone, he will forgive." 

Continuar a ler

Tambรฉm vai Gostar

80.4K 3.2K 58
"Thank you for your help, Ms. Hwang. You're officially free from all trials of law," Agent Kim announced loud enough for Jaeyun to hear. That was all...
17.3K 813 39
๐Ÿ’ญ ๊’ฐ ๐—ท๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ป เพ€เฝฒ ๊’ฑ โ˜… ๊’ฑ Sim Jaeyun also known as Jake lives a pretty miserable life. When at home he has to deal with his physically and verb...
130K 5.9K 42
โ you're beautiful, eunju ... and i'll make sure you know how beautiful you really are. โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ หŽหŠห— ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ฒ๐—ธ ๐—ฒ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ท๐˜‚ likes popula...