~ But then there was you ~ [M...

By AstorSunshine

In college, you had two friends, a crush on Asuma and the habit of minding your own business. Till your proj... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 πŸ‹
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 πŸ‹
Discussion and stuff
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 πŸ‹
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 πŸ‹
Chapter 26 πŸ‹
Resurrection
Chapter 27

Chapter 17

742 46 228
By AstorSunshine

"I don't think I wanna go to another party." You sigh to Konan who was sitting on the end of your bed persuading you to get off your ass.

"When was the last time we did anything I wanted?" Hidan comes barging in the room.

"I am tired. I don't want to." You pout but clearly nothing was going to work.

"I think if you whine less you will not be tired as much."

"Hidan, you aren't helping. Now get out, please" Konan snarls at him and throws him out of the room. She starts going through your closet to find something for you to wear. Reluctantly you get up and get into nicer clothes, changing in front of Konan while she talks about random stuff in the background.

"You look nice. Pretty." She smiles at you.

"Nobody has called me pretty for a long time" you laugh.

"Well Dei would beg to differ." She adds with an evil grin on her face.

"Will he be there?" You ask adjusting your dress still staring at yourself in the mirror.

"Do you want him to be there?"

"I don't like what you are insinuating, Ko."

"I thought you do like what I was insinuating." She comes closer to meet your eyes through the mirror.

Rolling your eyes you continue zipping your skirt.

"I mean I know someone is not the most patient nor the most understanding. But someone else is. So you can be honest with me, if you want. Not pushing." She speaks in a hushed tone.

"I just feel out of place in these parties. And everyone ends up doing their own thing and that someone is the only one who actually comes to check in with me. We both know who it should be and we both know who it is." You sigh.

"So what's stopping you?"

"It's not easy, Ko. I just feel, all I am doing is jumping from one to another. And it's not fair to anyone, neither me nor them."

"But you do like Dei, don't you?"

"Liking and being with someone is different. I don't even have time for myself these days. I am way too fucked up right now to lose another person I trust."

"Or is it because you are waiting for a completely different person?"

"Are you on a fishing expedition? Or am I being interrogated?" You look at her suspiciously.

"Not interrogating, babe. That day, he felt like he wanted to talk to you urgently. I am sure he wasn't talking about classes. Did he come to his sense and realize he doesn't belong with her? They look so forced really, any child will tell you that."

"Didn't listen to him, honestly. All I remember when I look at him is that stupid bitch, the words don't reach my ears anymore." You say while twirling the lipstick back into its case and keep it aside but you almost throw it without realizing yourself.

"Oh..kay. The force is strong with the third one."

"Konan, I swear. I would rather get drunk at the party than answer any more of you questions." You laugh while picking up your purse.

"Mission accomplished then." She winks and leaves the room.

"Oh Jashin you all take too long to dress up." Hidan groans leaving out the door.

<<>>

Reaching the party, you realized you were a fish out of water again. In less than an hour, Hidan was drunk, Konan was busy with Yahiko, Deidara was nowhere to be seen, Kakuzu was busy with his new girlfriend that you didn't know of and you didn't know anyone else. It felt like you were on a totally different planet than whoever these people were. Following Hidan like a lost puppy, you talk to people you had never met before, getting drunk slowly.

"Shots!" Screams someone in the crowd and you couldn't control yourself. Three shots in, you were up for drinking any and every drink you could lay your eyes on. Walking to the table to refill your glass, you turn around to ask Hidan if he needed anything. Holding the table to steady yourself, you realize he was dancing away with unknown people having the time of his life. You look around for unfamiliar faces buzzing in and out of focus except one. Your eyes land on Obito, laughing with someone at the other corner of the room.

His smile.

It had been a while since you had seen him laughing or smiling. There was a time when you used to laugh together, the whole day only to meet next day and do it all over again. It felt so long time ago. You could almost hear his laugh in your ears. Or were you imagining him right now? It probably wasn't even him?

The world kept moving around you except him, he was the only one you could focus on. The song playing was too loud, some crappy remix of the song you loved. The words finally reach your ears and your brain decides to process them. Surely it wasn't him, it was a figment of your own drunk brain. Smiling to yourself start singing the lyrics to the song to yourself.

Yeah, I, I know it's hard to remember
The people we used to be
It's even harder to picture
That you're not here next to me
You say it's too late to make it
But is it too late to try?
And in our time that you wasted
All of our bridges burned down
I've wasted my nights
You turned out the lights
Now I'm paralyzed

He looks at you and his smile disappears. His eyes widen a bit and hold your gaze. You take another sip of your drink.

Still stuck in that time, when we called it love
But even the sun sets in paradise
I'm at a payphone, trying to call home
All of my change I spent on you
Where have the times gone?
Baby, it's all wrong
Where are the plans we made for two?

The song fades in the background as you see him walking slowly towards you, but gets distracted with people around him. You were sure you were seeing things.

What were you even doing here? What are you doing with your life?

Sadness takes you over out of nowhere and out of spite you pick up the first bottle you see and stomp to the first empty room you see and bang the door closed. Not that anyone would notice you gone anyway. You had never felt more alone in your life. Tears run down your cheeks as a result of confusion, feeling out of place, being drunk made you extra emotional anyway. Couple minutes later the door for your room opens.

"You okay?" Obito enters with a concerned expression.

"You got to be kidding me. Just leave me alone!" Not believing he was actually there.

"Sure" he sees your face and sits further away from you.

"What?"

"I am minding my own business."

You try holding in your sniffle now that someone was here. Taking the vodka bottle from the table, you touch it against your lips. Whipped cream flavored, yum. Lifting it you start chugging straight from the bottle. Though drunk, Obito realizes what you were doing and stumbles towards you.

"Okay that should be enough. Do you wanna pass out here?" He tries taking the bottle from you but you had a tight grip over it.

"I said leave me alone." You struggle with him over the bottle and manage to get a few more sips before he successfully snatches the bottle from you.

"What is your problem?"

"My problem?"

"Yes. Your problem. What is it? No today I want to know." You sit on the bed with folded legs facing him. He turns around to avoid facing you.

"No look here, tell me." You hold his chin and turn his face to you.

"I don't have a problem. You have a problem. You don't even want to listen to me or talk to me. So why are you talking to me now?"

"Because you took away my bottle! And anyway, don't you have to go make out with your girlfriend or something? Oh sorry, I forgot you only make out on campus in public." You giggle at your own joke but he doesn't find it funny. You lean back on the headboard of the bed you were sitting on and close your eyes.

"Hey Y/N." He sighs. "Do you hate her? Hate me?" He asks but you ignore his question.

"Answer me" he says again, shaking your shoulders.

"Yeah. I do."

"Why?"

"Because that's what I do. I always hated everyone and every thing. Life was easier that way. Everything was fine. Me and my fake heartbreak, living our lives. But..."

"But?"

"But then there was you. You HAD to come by my house that night didn't you? And meet me at the party?"

He doesnt say anything.

"And I went looking for you, like an idiot, out of the fire into a frying pan" you poke his chest with your index finger, without looking at him.

"Y/N, I.."

"Whatever man, it doesn't even matter anyway." You quickly look away as a single tear spills from your left eye that he quickly wipes off with his thumb. Cupping your face in his hands, your skin burnt at his touch, his hands were warm and rested softly on your cheek, his rough thumb caressing it. You lift your eyes up to look at him.

His eyes.

Her lips.

You look at each other for a second but just then a random couple walks into the room making out and fall on the bed with strength enough to break it.

"Get a room, jeez!" You shout snapping out of the moment, but realize the stupidity of your own statement. Stumbling you walk out, Obito close behind you but you walk straight into Deidara.

"Aye when did you come?" You ask hugging his waist tightly.

"Sometime back I guess, are you okay?" He glances at Obito who mouths "no" and indicates you were chugging from the bottle.

"Of course I am. Did you see Kakuzu's girlfriend? Damn is she pretty. I didn't know he had a girlfriend. Her dark hair is prettier than yours, did you see?" You continue rambling while he takes you to the couch and makes you drink water.

"How much did you drink?"

"Not enough I guess. I can see Hidan being super popular." Pointing towards a group of people surrounding him, mostly girls.

"Why were you inside, hm? With him?" Sharp as always Deidara was.

"I was crying, not sure what he was doing."

"Crying? Why?" He looks at you but at the exact moment Hidan comes over and sits between you both.

"Did you miss me?" He grins at you both.

"Sure did." You reply trying to avoid looking directly at Obito and Rin obnoxiously making out in the corner before she goes a bit further away to get a drink.

Hidan gets up and holds your hand and makes you get up too.

"What?"

"Won't you introduce me to your friends?" He says while dragging you towards them.

"Hidan, no. I don't want to."

"Come on." You try stopping him but in vain.

"Hey I don't think we have formally met", hand extending out he stands in front of Obito. Confused, Obito looks at you and back.

"I think we were always at the wrong end of conversations and clearly you guys are friends, so thought I will introduce myself", he smirks. You weren't sure where this was going.

Obito still looking at both of you stands up a bit straighter and shakes hands with him. Rin walks by and side hugs Obito looking at you both.

"This is Hidan and this is Y/N and this is Rin" he introduces everyone.

"Nice to meet you" you say politely. You were surprised even after being so drunk you were able to maintain our fake politeness.

"You have such a pretty name." Hidan kisses the back of her hand.

Ugh, fuck every single person here.

You glance and Obito quickly and shift your gaze.

"It is really nice to finally meet you, Obito has talked about you quite a bit." She laughs and you glance at him again.

"Not too much I suppose" Hidan chimes in.

God, kill me now please.

"You know we should all go for lunch tomorrow." She squeals in excitement.

"No" you and Obito immediately respond.

"Why?" She inquires looking at Obito.

"I have work and it's not a good idea." You add.

"Dinner then?"

"Yes dinner sounds great." Hidan agrees.

What the hell?

"Umm, I don't really think ...." You start looking at Obito and Rin.

"Her answer to every plan is a no" Hidan says pointing at you "Looks like you got the same problem on your hands."

"I am having a real hard time believing there was nothing between you guys, now. I wasn't wrong in trusting you, was I?" Rin whispers Obito's ears but no one else could hear it because of the music.

Obito reluctantly agrees to this ridiculous plan much to your dismay.

"Do you wanna dance?" Hidan offers his hand to Rin who accepts it. "I was getting bored anyway." She adds as they join the group of people already dancing.

You look at them and back at Obito with your mouth open.

"What did just happen?" You ask shocked.

"I don't know. Somehow we agreed to go on a double date?"

"What did she say to you to make you agree? Like really?" You snark.

"Long story." He adds.

"We have time. Not like anyone wants to be with us right now. Is it a promotion from being a napkin and a trash can or a demotion I honestly don't know." You chuckle, thinking about the first time you both were at a party.

He laughs too. "That feels like a very long time ago."

"Yes. Yes it does." You stand next to him leaning against the wall to see Hidan and Rin dancing amongst others.

"How did we get here? Did we fuck it up again?"

"You tell me Obito. You tell me."

"We both heard them talking about you. Hidan and Deidara. Something about Deidara warning Hidan to treat you right and Hidan was having none of it. He said he snatched you away from me and that he can treat you however he sees fit."

"Snatched m..me from you? Rin heard this too?"

"Yeah. She thought he was mistaken when he said there was something between us. And she basically said that I would agree to this dinner if I didn't want her to think he was right." He sighs rubbing his face.

"Was he mistaken though? When he said there was something between us?"

"I don't think so." You hadn't expected those words from him. Did he actually agree?

"I don't know what I wanted then, and I don't know what I want now." He continues. "What do you want? Is this is really what you want? Are you really happy?" He finally looks at you.

"I definitely knew what I wanted back then, Obito. I think I had made that clear to you. I don't know about now." You look back at him and sigh. "Or maybe I do?" you quickly add as you see Deidara approaching you.

"Are you okay there, hm? I don't understand what's going on?" He says coming over indicating he saw Hidan and Rin and you and Obito in these split pairs.

"Everything is fine, I just want to go home."

"I can drop you." Obito adds. " Don't think I am needed here anyway."

"You shouldn't be leaving your girlfriend in a party like that. And besides you are drunk too, you should get a cab." Deidara says earnestly. Holding your hand tightly he takes you away and even manages to persuade Hidan to leave.

As soon as you reach Hidan's car, he jumps in the back seat and goes to sleep. In a second. It was wonderful how he managed to do that. He was snoring even before Dei managed to start the car with you sitting shotgun.

"I will take him home safe, don't worry, un." He says as he sees you checking the back seat.

"I trust you Dei, you are the only one I trust." You slur, trying hard not to drift off yourself.

"Thanks, that means a lot coming from you, hm?"
Reaching at the front of the building, he stops waking you up.

"Thanks for dropping me home, Dei."

"Will you be okay going up by yourself?"

"I will." You take your seat belt off and wait for a second before turning around and hugging him tightly.

"Whats this for?" He asks startled, his cheeks flushed.

"For everything." Moving away from the hug, he looks at you.

"Are.. are you okay? Did something happen, un?" He asks, his face full of concern.

"Nope." Meeting his gaze, you drop your eyes to his lips and back to his eyes again while proceeding to plant a kiss on his cheek.

Opening the door, you quickly get off leaving a very confused Deidara behind. Getting to your apartment, you throw the keys and purse on your table and take off your clothes and shoes to get into your cold comforter in nothing but just your lingerie. The ceiling felt like it would fall on you, the buzz from all that alcohol still hadn't gone away. Your phone buzzes to see a call from Deidara.

"Did I forget something?" You ask as soon as you pick up.

"Did you reach? I didn't see your light turning on?"

"Yes Dei, I am fine. Just have to sleep." You laugh.

"Okay. I will let you sleep then. Good night."

He disconnects.

Was Deidara the only one who really cared? Did he really confront Hidan? Was it why he left early at the beach? Did Obito ACTUALLY say he fucked up?

Head riddled with thoughts, you drift off to sleep finally.

To make matters worse this lead to a very weird and vivid dream about all the three men talking turns with you. 'You woke up horny' would be an understatement, your pussy and head both were throbbing for different reasons. But thinking about the dinner increased the headache which meant you had to tackle the day without taking care of your "other problem."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Reminder: I know a lot of readers are here for Obito and I assure everyone it is going to be an Obito story! We'll just take some detours before we reach the destination! 😌😈

Also, thank you so much for reading this chapter!

Please vote if you like the story, I really appreciate it.

Also please let me know if you have thoughts, comments or feedback! I love reading those.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 88 9
I choose... both of you." "Huh?" Deidara asked confused. "LIKE A THREESOME??" Obito said excitedly. "Y-yeah...?" You weren't sure how to respond to t...
98K 2.5K 18
-Story is still being checked for any spelling errors and grammar. Please be kind as I make those changes- ⚠️Warning! I don't own any of the pictures...
847K 27.7K 38
Sato Sayaka, age thirteen, is assigned to learn the Rasengan from Namikaze Minato, the sensei of Nohara Rin, Uchiha Obito, and Hatake Kakashi. Obito...
3.3K 76 8
Akaashi x Reader Haikyuu Fanfiction Haunted by her insecurities she tries to get through college. But with constant fights with Akaashi and his sou...