the aftermath • larry„ziall

By urlashton

❝I miss you. I'd give my whole life away just to hug you one last time. How I wish it was me instead of you... More

two »
three »
four »
five »
six »
seven »
eight »
nine »
ten »
eleven »
twelve »
thirteen »
fourteen »
fifteen »
sixteen »
seventeen »
eighteen »
nineteen »
twenty »
twenty-one »
twenty-two »
twenty-three »
twenty-four »
twenty-five »
twenty-six »
twenty-seven »
twenty-eight »
twenty-nine »
thirty »
thirty-one »
thirty-two »
How does the story ends? - Explained
thirty-three »
epilogue »
author's note »
SEQUEL: THE FALLOUT

one »

3.7K 85 303
By urlashton

"I'm sorry, we did what we could."

"No, no doctor! You're going to get back in that room, and fucking save her!" The blue eyed one spat, grabbing the other man by his collar.

The nurses rushed down to them, separating the two lads.

"Once again, I'm sorry Mister Tomlinson. May she rest in peace." The older man replied, fixing his clothes.

"No, no, no and no!!" Louis shouted, slamming his back against the wall and letting his body fall to the ground. "Please no."

He covered his head with his hands, rage turning into deep sadness. In that moment, he tried so hard not to cry.

His doctor took a deep breath before getting on one knee, placing his hand on his patient's shoulder.

"I know this is hard on you, Louis. She was very sick, and we did everything to try and save her. She's in a better place right now, looking down on you and your siblings."

But Louis didn't reply. He was way too weak to even nod or move an inch.

"I will leave you alone, if you need me I'll be in my office. May her soul rest in peace, she was an incredible woman." He said with an apologetic tone, before he got up and left.

Tomlinson just sat on the floor, immobile. For a second he just forgot how to breathe. She was... gone. Just like that, gone. He didn't even get the chance to say goodbye, didn't even get the chance to tell her he loved her, and to hear her say it back one last time. He couldn't believe that he won't get to enjoy the sound of her voice again, how could he survive without seeing her smile anymore? Why did they have to take her? They could have taken him, or anyone else instead. Anybody but her, she didn't deserve this. She didn't deserve to die, she still had so much to give. She was such a kind person, who deserved the world.

He wrapped his hands around his knees, placing his head between his legs, and that's when he lashed out. He cried and cried some more. Even if he knows crying won't bring her back, he had to bring out his emotions somehow.

"M-mo-mom n-n-no." He stuttered to murmur as his whole body was shaking. "D-don-don't l-le-leave m-me."

But she did, unwillingly, but she did. His mother, his other half, his best friend, his everything, she left him. She left him all alone when she promised she wouldn't.

"Mom, please come back to me."

.

"Louis? Louis?!"

Louis shook his head from left to right as he realized he was in his own bubble again. He looked up and notice he has been standing in front of the mirror the whole time.

"Y-yes?" He replied as he turned around to face his little sister, who was standing at his door.

"Are you ready? Guests are starting to show up." She said, laying her back against the doorframe.

"I'll be down in a minute." He answered, turning his attention back to the mirror, fixing his hair.

She nodded, walking out of the room. The British man sighed and closed his eyes, wishing this day would be over already. Beside having to bury his own mother, he also had to deal with a bunch of random people in his house that pretended to care about him. He groaned and decided to take a closer look at his face.

'what have I come too? My mom would never want to see me like this.' He thought.

He looked so pale and dehydrated, with huge bags under his eyes. Talking about his eyeballs, they've never looked redder. Not like he's gotten any sleep anyways.

No one could deny that he was tired. He was tired to deal with all of this, to deal with life. Why does this world have to be so cruel? Why can't he have his mother by his side like most people his age?

He gulped all the saliva he had left in his mouth, as it felt dry as fuck.

Let's do this, I guess.

He finally had the courage to step out of his room, and go downstairs. There wasn't many people yet, just a few relatives that Louis haven't seen in a long time. He hugged them one by one, as they offered him their condolences. After that, he sat next to his three sisters on the couch. Lottie was hugging the two little ones, trying to comfort them.

As for Louis, he was scanning the room with his eyes, searching for more familiar faces. He took a deep breath and stared at his feet once he realized that none of them were there.

He knows that they haven't spoken for awhile and that their friendship ended in such an awkward way, but is that really enough of a reason for them not to show up? They all knew his mother, they all loved her. They could at least come to show their respect to her, not to him.

"May her soul rest in peace."

Louis looked up as his eyes widened, is it really who he thinks it is?

Lottie was already standing up, holding a very familiar figure in her arms.

"Thank you so much." She replied, letting go of his embrace.

The man smiled weakly at her and took a few steps forward, now standing in front of her brother.

"Hi, Louis."

Tomlinson immediately got up, now making eye contacts with him.

"Hi Niall."

There was a few seconds of awkward silence before Horan sighed, and wildly opened his arms.

In that moment, Lou did not hesitate and jumped in the Irish one's hands, hugging him tight as he put his head on his chest.

"I'm really sorry Louis, she was an amazing woman and a loving mother. I will always admire her." The ex-blond whispered into his friends ear, holding him like his life depended on it.

"Thank you. I knew you'd show up." He answered as his voice cracked.

"How could I not? I've never stopped seeing you as a brother. I could never just walk away when I know you need me." Niall confessed, breathing into the other one's neck.

Tommo bit his lower lip, not wanting to cry today. He wanted to hold it together, for his mom.

They let go of each other a few seconds after that.

"I missed you, Nialler."

"I missed you too, Lou."

"I missed you three boys." Said a third voice, joining their conversation like it was nothing.

They both looked at each other before turning around, now looking at another very familiar face.

"Liam, oh my god." Whispered Louis as he ran toward the third ex One Direction member, wrapping his arms around him.

Niall couldn't help but smile at the view, memories just flashing in front of his eyes.

It really felt like old times.

"May she rest in peace Louis. I'm so incredibly sorry." Payno said after letting go of his embrace.

"Thank you. I'm just happy to see you." The one with blue eyes replied after sighing.

"Me too, I just wish it was in better conditions." He expressed.

Lou nodded, agreeing with what his friend was saying. Liam gave him a warm smile before hugging Niall, then walking over to pay his condolences to Tomlinson's sisters. Once he was done, Louis gave his friends a sign to follow him.

They all walked together into the huge backyard, it was quieter there. Liam and Niall sat next to each other as the one who owned the house sat in front of them.

An awkward silence immediately filled the room. All of them had a lot but nothing to say to each other at the same time. How do you talk to people that you once considered family, that are now random individuals you barely know anything about?

"D-do you think the other two will show up?" Li asked, playing with his fingers.

They both looked at him as Louis let out a dry laugh.

"Oh grow up Liam, sure they won't. I haven't spoken to any of them in years." He replied like it was nothing.

"Well, we haven't spoken for ages either but we still showed up." Niall stated as the other lad agreed with him.

"Yeah but as far as I remember, none of you are my ex boyfriend or someone I had a public fight with and haven't spoken to since." Louis snapped back as it made things even more awkward. "Beside that, I'm pretty sure you don't want to see Zayn, am I wrong Nialler?"

They both looked at him as his face became as red as a tomato.

"Um- well- I- he- um-" he stuttered, looking anywhere but at the two other lads.

"Yeah, thought so. Plus, curly is way too busy being famous, touring and getting Grammys left and right so, not like he cares."

Tommo looked at Liam, that was now smirking.

"And you know that from where?" He asked joyfully.

"I-it's public knowledge Payne! Everyone knows that." Louis explained, trying to save his ass.

The two guests looked at him and nodded, acting like they believed him when they didn't.

The truth is, the one with blue eyes wished that Harry would come down here. He missed him so much and he hates the thought of them not talking. In addition to that, his mom always treated Styles like her own son, she loved him so much and she would always tell him that he was the best thing that could ever happen to Louis. She even always encouraged them to get married, she wanted to see their wedding so bad.

Sadly, there was no more of her,

and no more of Harry.

.
.

Oof I honestly loved this chapter

Hope you guys liked it as well:)

Vote/Comment if you enjoyed!

Kisses <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 293 22
DISCLAIMER I WAS 14 WHEN I WROTE THIS SO IT'S TERRIBLE + TRIGGER WARNING "I'll find a way to fix these broken pieces and let go.." Harry is in a lov...
2.9K 107 12
So this is the story of five boys. Each had their life affected by the other. There's a Hitchhiker, a Druggie, a Pushover, a Narcissist, and a Roma...
150K 2.1K 68
Just some oneshots written by me. This is my First book so I hope you like it 😊 Requests are always open.
Black Bird By Ash

Fanfiction

543K 17.4K 41
Larry Stylinson Story (Completed) Harry bullies Louis... but that doesn't stop Louis from falling for him. Rated R: language, mild drinking...