Oil & Water

By Jokers_Kitten

Sequel to Wood and Ice. What happens to Rochelle now when she actually meets Tyler Seguin? Will she be able t... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12

Chapter 1

88 5 2
By Jokers_Kitten

Rochelle

It was great to see Jayson play. And a surprise that we all got invited out to dinner.

However as I reached my car my phone went off and I saw that it was Jennifer.

*Hey.*

*I'm sorry to bother you boss, but I'm having some issues here and for the life of me I can't figure it out.*

*Alright, calm down and walk me through what's going on.*

Listening to her for a few minutes I knew that this is something that I couldn't fix over the phone. And from the sound of Jennifer's voice, I knew she was getting more and more frustrated than me.

*Alright, I will be up there in a few. Calm down we will work on this together. Ok?*

*Ok. Once again I am sorry for disturbing your night.*

*It's ok. I got to see him play so it's all good.*

I hung up just as I saw Jayson come over to me.

"I know that face. What's up?"

"Hate to do this but I am not gonna be able to make it to dinner."

"What's wrong?" I can see the worry on his face.

"Jennifer just called. There some issues up at the lanes."

"It's ok." He says with some release in his voice. He shakes his head and smiles. "Go handle business boss. Dinner will always be there some other time." He smiles and kisses my forehead as he hugs me. "At least you got to see me on the ice."

"Yes I did!" I smiled at him.

We parted ways and I headed up to the lanes. On my way there I couldn't help to be happy for Jayson.

When I pulled into the lanes I texted my family to let them know I made it to work ok.

"Thank goodness you're here." Jennifer says as I see the relief flash in her eyes.

"Alright what's going on?"

To say that this night was a mess would be an understatement. We had a full house of leagues and 3 sets of lanes broke down, so other teams either had to wait till others were done or come back and make the games up a different day. Then one of the fryers went down in the kitchen, one of the taps quit working on the beer kegs, and for some reason money wasn't adding up.

I got the money situation handled. Was a matter of counting, but that was an easy fix. 

Sam, one of the snack bar employees went out and got me a tap for the beer keg from a local liquor store. 

Josh got the fryer up and running after about a half hour of me being there.

So those where good. Just the lane issues is what had me fussing.  As a manager or owner of one of these establishments, you try like hard to keep all the bowlers happy. But everyone knows your leagues members mean a lot.

Thankfully these bowlers were understanding and really ok with the options that were given to them. 

Two teams waited and the others decided to come back tomorrow.

The night was finally over and I was able to kick my shoes off when I got home. My stomach growled as it was telling me it was hungry for the fast food I picked up on the way home.

I ate my burger then started dipping my fries in the chocolate shake. Sweet and salty. Hey don't judge its good.

Staying up a little longer after everything was finished, I flipped the channels and caught a highlight real from hockey and bowling. 

'And here is Jayson 'Infamous' Alexander, making his presence known as a backup goalie once again for the Dallas Stars.  But rumor has it he may be signing with the Stars as a second starter goalie.'

What?

'On another note of rumors, Randy, I have heard that the Prodigy herself maybe making a comeback on the tour once again.'

'Wow Joe. That would be amazing if it were true. But we all know she has taken a permanent leave from touring after her almost fatal accident several years ago.'

Yeah well thanks for reminding the world Randy.

'Well we shall see, Randy.'

Checking the time I see its past 1 am and I am beyond tired. So I shut the tv off, double check all the locks on the doors and make my way to my en suite to get ready for bed.

Morning comes and luckily for me I don't have to be in till around noon. And checking the clock I see its about 9am.

I get up and get myself ready for the day.

I checked on some emails and I see one from the WPBA and another from the PBA Professional bowling sanctions. Which is odd but after reading them it seems that they want to hold tournaments at Wayward Lanes. Which seems cool.

So I wrote down the contact information and numbers and decided to call them when I was at work.

After a few more calls and emails, I made my way into work.

Being that it  was only a Wednesday, it was relatively quiet day. So here it is 12 in the afternoon and I am leaving at 8.

"Ms Parker. The 4 other teams from the Garden League are here to do their games." Becca calls me as I'm in my office.

"Thanks Becca. Call Tom tell him that we are setting them up on lanes 23-26 and we need oil pattern 2."

"Yes ma'am. "

Several minutes later, I go out and check to make sure they are all set and ready to go. I have their names set up already and wished them the best.

I stay out there during their first game then make my way back into my office.

It's now or never on the phone calls. And it seems that these calls were not what I was expecting.

Seems Connie, the contact for the WPBA wants me to hold a senior Pro tournament here at my lanes. So after about a 2 hour convention it was agreed that they will be here in 2 months.

Then it was the call to Jake, the coordinator for the PBA. He asked if they can hold the KING OF THE LANES tournament next month.

Talk about a busy next couple of months.

"Excuse Ms. Parker, there is a call for you on line 2."

"Thanks Becca."

"Thank you for holding this is Rochelle Parker, owner and manager of Wayward Lanes. How can I help you?"

"Good evening Ms Parker and thank you for taking my call. My name is Gary Bettman and I am the commissioner of the NHL.  Thank you for taking my call."

"My pleasure, Mr. Bettman. How can I be of assistance?"

"It's been brought to my attention that you know a player by the name of Jayson Alexander. Is that correct?"

"Yes sir."

"Ok good. Mr. Alexander has referred me to you and your establishment and I was wondering if you could help me out with something. You see, I want to set up a charity event and have players from all over the league attend this event. Now normally we do it at one of the many hockey arenas and this year I wanted to hold it in a different location. "

Mr Bettman and I spoke for a while and we agreed that we would hold this event here. But not only would members from all the teams show up in attendance the fans would participate too. But I also suggested that he let me speak to the sanctioning bodies of the WPBA and PBA to see if they wanted to participate as well. Which he agreed to.

So after conferencing in Connie and Jake, the four of us decided we would all meet here at Wayward Lanes to go over more of the details next week.

The time has come and gone and now it's the day where the four of us meet  to discuss this event.

"Jennifer, when my guests arrive please let me know. I am going down to practice for a bit."

"Sure thing boss lady."

I stretch out for a bit and start practicing. Everything just shuts down around me and its nothing but myself and those pins. No stress, no worries.

After a few I hear a voice clearing behind me and I see Jennifer with Connie, Jake and I am guess Mr. Bettman.

"Still look good out there Rochelle."

"Thanks Ms Connie. Mr. Jake. And I am guessing that makes you Mr. Bettman."

"That is correct young lady." Mr. Bettman says with a smile and hand shake.

"Give me a few minutes to clean up and we can head  into my office."

I cleaned up and let Jennifer know that I was done for a while and brought my guests into my office and we sat down and talked.

Details were discussed on how the charity event is supposed to go. And because it was hosted in my center I agreed to roll out the first ball for this.

I am not going to be participating because this is my center and that would be unfair. Be I did tell them all that I would be present at all events.

This is actually an amazing opportunity to bring bowling to hockey and hockey to bowling. 

The meeting was over, I walked to the front desk where I noticed Ms. Connie was still around.

"Rochelle can we talk?"

"Of course. Is everything ok?"

"Yes of course.  I was just wondering if you have given any thought about coming back on the tour?"

"I have at times but personally I don't know if I am actually ready."

"Rochelle, I watched you on those lanes since you were a kid. Even watched you before you noticed we were standing there. You're ready. "

"Do you actually believe that?"

"Sweetie, that car accident was not your fault.  No one could predict that guy running the red light. Or the amount of alcohol that was in his system."

"But"

"No buts Rochelle. It would mean so much to so many people."

"Thank you. Do you think it would be ok."

"Young lady, you have the entire WPBA behind you."

"Ok. But not at this event. It would be unfair since this is my place."

"Agreed. We will discuss it more over the coming weeks' events."

"Deal"

We shook hands and she went on her way.

I went behind the counter and hung up a note by the clock in/out computer.

Attention all employees,
There will be an employee meeting next Sunday at 7pm.
All employees need to be in attendance. And yes you will be getting paid for this.

I smiled at Jennifer and let her know that what the meeting was about since she was already working that day and she was my shift manager.

She agreed to keep the details quiet about everything that is going to be taken place in the next several months.

Ugh it going to be a long couple of  months.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.7K 1.8K 38
*book two of the Counting On Hockey series. Read Just Another Goal prior to this book* Meredith and Cole are going into their Senior year of high sch...
80.2K 990 28
Tyler Seguin Fanfiction Story: When Daisy Winters friend, Tyler Seguin - a professional hockey player for the Dallas Stars - comes asking her to pret...
33K 1.8K 43
18+ only "The fewer people that know the truth the better. And if this all goes smoothly, you two will be able to get divorced before the hockey sea...
2.2K 19 12
RIGHT THING WRONG TIME | TYLER SEGUIN originally posted on tumblr @baevillier (2021) summary: Y/N's sister, has been dating dallas stars hockey playe...