Prove It {P.G.}

By cissas-roses

A wlw Polly Gray x O.C. (Lilian Marie Clarke) Fanfic TW: Miscarriage, abuse, anxiety/anxiety attacks, violenc... More

Introduction/Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 7

2K 80 10
By cissas-roses

It had been a few weeks, and Lilian was starting to return to her normal self. Obviously, she still had tough days and moments where she was overcome with emotion, but she was getting better and working through it. She spent her time focussing on her work as a Peaky Blinder, keeping Finn safe, and enjoying her small moments with Polly.

Walking with Tommy, they led the horse through the somewhat crowded street. Without warning, there was a loud explosion, startling the horse. Lilian and Tommy immediately reached out to calm the animal.

"Easy..." Tommy soothed. "Easy, easy."

"Whoa. Easy, boy," Lilian joined, stroking the horses rearing head. "Shh, shhh, shh"

"In France, we used to say..." Tommy started but was interrupted by the horse whinnying again.

"Shhh..."

"In France, we used to say it's just the music hall band turning up. Shh... it's just trombones and tubas, that's all." Lilian's expression softened at hearing Tommy's words. She could see how much the war had affected him, and it broke her heart to hear him say such things. She continued to run her hand over the horse's coat, soothing it in the best way she knew how. She rested her forehead against the, now, more calm horse's face.

"It's just noise... it's just noise," she repeated. When the horse was completely subdued, she planted a small kiss where she'd previously rested her head. "Good boy."

The pair continued walking with the horse when Tommy noticed its slight limp.

"You got some pain there, boy, hey?" At that moment, the new barmaid threw a bucket of water out into the street in front of them. They looked up at her, faces expressionless.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Shelby, Ms..." she hesitated as she looked at Lilian.

"Clarke," she replied flatly. The barmaid simply nodded, still clutching to the bucket.

"I'm Grace, by the way." Both Thomas and Lilian nodded.

"I know who you are," he said.

"What's his name?" she asked. Lilian pet the horse's face, knowing she had a name for him, but she didn't bother bringing it up to Thomas, knowing he would simply brush the thought away.

"He doesn't have a name." Grace looked to Lilian when she spoke up. They locked eyes for several moments before Grace replied.

"Poor boy deserves a name." Thomas was done with the rather meaningless conversation.

"You have something to say to me?"

"The other night you came into the pub, and I was singing... You said singing wasn't allowed. I'd like there to be one night a week when there's singing. I think it would be good for everyone." Lilian was rather impressed with the woman's boldness. Most cowered under Thomas's gaze, but not her. Lilian thought she may end up liking this new addition to the Garrison. "Saturday nights. Harry was too afraid to ask you so..."

"But you're not."

"I am. But I love to sing."

"You sound like one of those rich girls who comes over from Dublin for the races. Do you like horses?" Thomas asked. Grace nodded. "How do you fancy earning some extra money?"

"Doing what?" Lilian rolled her eyes. She already knew where this was going, so she took that as her cue to leave. Petting the horse one last time, she walked back home and started her search for Polly. When she didn't find her in the main room, parlor, office, or kitchen, she made her way up to the woman's room. After a few knocks, the door swung open.

"Hello sweet girl," Polly said with a smile. She took the young woman's hand and pulled her into her room. Lilian closed the door behind her and immediately wrapped her arms around her waist. When the older woman moved to pull away, she simply held her tighter. "Is everything alright, Lil?"

"Mhmm," she hummed. "I just missed you." Polly chuckled.

"We saw each other at breakfast this morning," she murmured into her hair as they held each other. Lilian pulled her head away and looked up into her chocolate brown eyes.

"I know, but I don't like being away from you." Her voice trailed off as she spoke, slightly embarrassed about the fact that she admitted that to her. A light pink dusted her cheeks as she buried her face in Polly's neck once again.

"You're so clingy, baby," Polly teased. Lilian groaned. "Oh, stop that. It's cute."

"Polly?"

"Yes, love?"

"Umm..." She hesitated, pulling away and moving to hold the older woman's hands. She stared at the floor, shuffling her feet slightly as she cleared her throat. Polly gripped her chin gently and tilted it up so Lilian had to look at her.

"What is it?" Her expression was concerned, unsure of what was troubling Lilian so much.

"I was um- I was wondering if you would be mine... officially," she whispered the last few words, nervous about what the woman's answer would be. Her eyes darted around Polly's face, scanning it for any type of reaction. The knot in Lilian's stomach slowly eased as a smile spread across Polly's face.

"I would love to be yours, Lilian Marie, but-" Lilian's face fell when she heard that, but her smile soon returned when Polly continued. "...only if you'll be mine."

"I've been yours since the moment we met," she replied, biting her bottom lip gently. Both women leaned in slowly, their lips connecting and moving in sync. Lilian placed her hands on Polly's face, caressing her cheeks with her thumbs as they kissed. Polly held on to Lillian's waist, giving her sides occasional squeezes. They drew apart when the need for oxygen grew too much.

"How was your day with Tommy?" Lilian shrugged.

"It was alright. The new barmaid at the Garrison asked Thomas for a night to sing, and he decided to take her to the races with him," she said rolling her eyes. "She could be good for him though; I haven't seen him like that in a long time."

"Like what?" Polly asked.

"Interested." She thought back to all the times women had approached Thomas. Never once had his eyes sparkled, almost imperceptibly but still sparkled, like they did when he spoke to this Grace girl. She was different from everyone else.

"Maybe you're right," Polly said softly. "What are you doing the rest of the day?"

"Whatever you're doing," the younger woman replied nonchalantly.

"Why don't you help me make dinner?" Lilian nodded excitedly and shared a smile with the older woman. Polly chuckled before pressing a kiss to her forehead and grabbing her hand. They walked to the kitchen together, their hands only separating once they started making the food.

Lilian was dishing the finished food onto plates when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist. She turned her head slightly to see Polly's resting on her shoulder. They swayed gently, not saying anything, simply enjoying their closeness.

"Food's all done; we should get the others," Lilian suggested quietly. She really didn't want to ruin their moment, but she couldn't let the food get cold. She let out a small yelp when she was spun around by her waist and pinned against the counter. "What are you doing?"

"I want you to myself for one more minute," Polly whispered, her eyes darting around Lilian's face as if she were memorising her every feature. She kissed Lilian roughly, hugging her close. Lilian whimpered when she pulled away, immediately missing her warmth and the feeling of her lips on hers. "Don't whine, Lil."

"But-"

"No buts," Polly interrupted, holding a finger up to Lilian's lips. "We need to get everyone for dinner." Lilian sighed but nodded. The older woman smiled, holding out her hand for Lilian to take, and led her to the parlor to tell the others to join them in the dining room. Once they were all settled around the table, Arthur was the first to speak.

"You two seem... comfortable," he said, looking between the two women seated next to each other. Lilian looked up, blood rushing to her cheeks. Her eyes were wide as she looked over to Polly, unsure of what to say.

"And?" Polly asked flatly. Arthur cleared his throat after exhaling the smoke he previously drew from his cigarette.

"Nothing. I think it's good." Lilian pulled her bottom lip between her teeth and looked down at the table as she tried to hold in a smile.

"Thanks, Art," she murmured. She looked up again, locking eyes with Thomas. Her fingers rapped against her leg repeatedly, her nerves getting the best of her. Polly noticed this and reached under the table to grab her hand. Lilian looked at her but returned her gaze to Thomas quickly. He gave her a small nod, and she let out a quiet breath. She finally allowed her smile to show and squeezed Polly's hand. They continued to eat, talking and laughing as they usually did.

"Lily?"

"What's up Finn?"

"Can we go see Killian tomorrow?" he asked hopefully. Lilian smiled and nodded.

"Of course, little man. Now, go get ready for bed; it's plenty past your bedtime." Finn quickly jumped up from his seat and ran upstairs. When Lilian turned back to the others, she received weird looks. "What?"

"Who the hell is Killian?" John asked as he took a swig of his drink.

"The horse. It's the name Finn and I gave him when you first brought him home," she explained. They accepted the answer without much question and continued their other conversations. Soon after, Polly leaned over to Lilian.

"Let's go to bed, Lil," she whispered in her ear. The young woman shivered as Polly ran her fingers down her spine. She nodded, and they got up together.

"Goodnight boys." The boys mumbled their responses, drinks and cigarettes in their hands. 

The women made their way up to Polly's room rather quickly, changed, and got into bed. Polly laid on her back, and Lilian climbed on top of her. Polly wasn't surprised at the action as it was often how the two laid together. The younger woman laid with her head on Polly's stomach, her arms wrapped around her waist. Polly gently ran her fingers through Lilian's hair, the action bringing a quiet giggle from the latter.

"Pol?"

"Mhm," the older woman hummed. Lilian adjusted her head so she could look up at the woman.

"Thank you." Polly smiled and continued to brush through her locks.

"For what, sweet girl?" she asked.

"For everything. You are everything." Polly laughed quietly as she looked down at the young woman.

"There's no need to thank me. Now, get some rest; you have a big day with Finn tomorrow," she replied.

"Goodnight, Pol," Lilian whispered as she returned her head to the older woman's stomach.

"Goodnight, Lil."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey! I hope this chapter made up for the long wait. Love you all :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.6K 1.4K 17
Lucreica Amora Montesinos. She grew up in Birmingham together with her parents and best friends. Her parents were lovely and caring persons, always...
80.3K 1.5K 20
'π’½π‘œπ“…π‘’' /hΙ™ΚŠp/ noun '𝓉𝒽𝑒 π’»π’Ύπ“‡π“ˆπ“‰ π“ˆπ“‰π‘’π“… π“‰π‘œπ“Œπ’Άπ“‡π’Ήπ“ˆ π’Ήπ’Ύπ“ˆπ’Άπ“…π“…π‘œπ’Ύπ“ƒπ“‰π“‚π‘’π“ƒπ“‰' - michael gray x fem!oc peaky blinders
2.1M 47.4K 51
Because every girl needs their own prince charming, but some girls need their own birmingham gangster. β€’BOOK ONE COMPLETEDβ€’ β€’SEASON ONE- SEASON TWO...
382K 9K 32
"even when she was lying, there was a certain truth she always told" A pretty girl, a deal gone wrong, an ultimatum, and a death... Another average w...