ADDICTED | j.p x oc

By siriusblacksslutt

*will contain mature content such as sex, triggering themes, alcohol abuse and violence* Having to share a do... More

ELEANOR MAY BURKE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74

39

11.1K 374 412
By siriusblacksslutt

The two week holiday was spent as planned, James, El and Sirius doing minimal school work and making the most of their last moments of relaxation before their N.E.W.T.s. They spent the majority of their time out in the grounds of the Potter manor, enjoying the April sunshine. Marlene, Peter and Remus had come over one particularly warm day, so the group went swimming in the small river at the end of the garden where several small swings were suspended from an overhanging tree branch.

El and Remus were lounging in the sun on the riverbank, watching their friends splash about foolishly in the water.

"If you two don't come in i'll throw you in." Sirius threatened, attempting to splash the pair with water but missing them by several feet.

"Good luck with that." Remus scoffed, feeling very confident in his ability to physically overpower the boy.

Accepting the challenge, Sirius scrambled out the river and pulled on one of Remus' ankles, barely managing to move him an inch. After seeing Sirius' failed attempt, James also waded out the water and towards the scene. He stood over El and shook his head aggressively, causing droplets of cold water to fall onto her body. Not even giving her a chance to complain, James picked El up and threw her over his shoulder. She squealed at the collision of his cold, wet shoulder with her almost dry stomach, kicking her legs as James ran them both back to the river and chucked her in.

When her head reappeared from under the water she glared at James before climbing onto his back to try drag him down, which—due to his height—failed miserably. James bent his body backwards, dropping El back down into the water, to which she sent him another dirty look, but due to her wet hair, was unable to look very threatening.

Another splash in the water alerted them to the fact that Sirius, Peter and Marlene, all working as a team, had managed to get Remus into the water, his face holding the same half annoyed, half amused look as Eleanor's.

***

That was the only time the six of them had been all together that holiday, but El still managed to have a good time despite spending most her time with two teenage boys.

The only moments of peace she got were when James and Sirius were out practicing quidditch since the final match was happening the Saturday after they returned to school. Winning this match was the final task of James' list, and losing it was clearly not an option for him, not just because of the list, but also since it would be his last ever chance to win the quidditch cup. While El admired his determination, the rogue bludger that had almost hit her while on her morning walk had not been appreciated.

Even when they had returned to Hogwarts, James seemed to be completely ignoring his approaching exams and spent any free time he had down at the quidditch pitch.

News of another attack broke through the castle like fiendfyre on the first Tuesday back. Copies of the daily prophet were delivered to various students by owl at breakfast and by lunch time everybody knew.

Muggleborn, Leona jones and muggle family found dead in family home in Devon, cause of death: Unknown.

After only reading the first sentence of the article, El noticed Regulus stand up from his seat, leaving his untouched breakfast at the table. She followed him out, having to jog down the corridors to catch up with his fast paces.

"Expelliarmus!" El shouted, causing Regulus' wand to fly out his hand and onto the floor.

The boy span around, his face looking panicked. El ran over to him and backed him into a wall, pushing the copy of the daily prophet into his chest.

"Did you know this was going to happen?!" El hissed, holding her wand under his chin.

Regulus looked at her, his face a mixture of fear and grief.

"Answer me!"

"Yes," he whispered, "But there was nothing i could do, i swear!"

"You could've told someone!" El shoved his body into the wall before taking a few steps back.

"That's far easier said than done. You want me to just march into Dumbledore's office and admit that i'm a death eater? They'd send me straight to azkaban without even listening to what i'd have to say."

El crumpled up the article and threw in at him, before running her hands through her hair, "A girl's dead, Regulus! And you knew it was gonna happen!"

Regulus looked down at his feet in shame, "They would've killed me, El, they're gonna kill me."

El stayed silent, she didn't want to deny it as she knew there was truth in his words. As horrible as death eaters are, they're powerful, and would not hesitate to kill Regulus, especially if he were to betray them.

He sniffled quietly, his grey eyes filled with fear and guilt.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, "I'm so sorry."

El shook her head, "This girl's death wasn't your fault," she waited a moment, taking a deep breath to regroup her thoughts, "But you need to be careful because soon there will be a death that is your fault. I can't defend you, Reg, not when you're working with him. You need to help me find a way for you to get out."

"There isn't a way! Don't you understand? You can't help me!" Regulus began to raise his voice, several tears now falling freely down his face.

"I can't help unless you let me help."

He ran a shaky hand through his hair before frantically loosening his tie as it if were causing difficulties to his beathing.

"I'm sorry, El," was the last thing he said before picking up his wand and marching off down the corridor, Eleanor not bothering to follow him.

She leant against the wall and allowed her head to fall into her hands, taking several deep breaths to calm herself down. She shook her head, shaking all the stress from her mind and walked back to the great hall as if nothing had happened.

***

On Friday of that week, strangely, Marlene found herself in trouble with McGonagall, something that was a rare occurrence for her compared to her friends. The Ravenclaw, Gilderoy Lockhart, had been loudly announcing to everyone how amazing Marlene's behind looked in the skirt she'd been wearing, so she hexed the boy with a silencing charm so powerful that none of the teachers were able to reverse it.

This however, meant that Marlene was being made to commentate the final match, as Lockhart (who usually did it) currently had no voice, and although McGonagall had intended this as a punishment, El had never seen Marlene look so happy.

When Saturday finally arrived, El was surprised to find herself oddly excited for the match. She was woken up to James barging into her room, opening her curtains before throwing one of his jumpers at her and demanding that she wore it.

The stands surrounding the pitch were packed with students wearing a mixture of Hufflepuff's yellow and black, and Gryffindor's scarlet and gold. Marlene sat by the microphone, with El near to her and McGonagall sat just behind, ready to scold her for any foul language used.

Madam Hooch stood in the middle of the pitch as the two teams approached her, with her broom in her right hand. Marlene announced all the players, including Gryffindor's new beater, Lewis Bourne, who was replacing Charmer since James had kicked him off the team due to their last match with Slytherin.

"And they're off!" Marlene's voice rang through the stadium, as all the players kicked off from the ground. "Hello everyone, i'm Marlene McKinnon, but you already know that, of course."

"Focus on the game," McGonagall said, very clearly already regretting her decision to allow this.

"The quaffle is taken immediately by captain James Potter, looking good, James! El, doesn't he look good?"

"McKinnon!"

"Sorry, Minnie." a chuckle was heard around the stadium at the exchange between the two. "Potter passes to Vance and— oh balls! Hufflepuff takes the possession." Marlene ignored the glare from McGonagall for her language. "Hufflepuff chaser, Anastasia Sterling has now taken the quaffle—OUCH—that must've hurt. Bludger sent her way by Black, good job, Sirius! Possession is back with Gryffindor—Oi, James, watch that bludger—and Potter speeds past another chaser, i don't know who that was but they were ginger. Potter shoots—keeper Tuffin dives— he misses—GRYFFINDOR SCORES! El did you see that? James just scored, i hope you enjoy your date!"

Cheers, mainly from Gryffindors, filled the air, mixed in with moans and complaints from the Hufflepuffs. El shook her head and clapped reluctantly, hating that she was pleased Gryffindor were now winning.

Way above the game, the two seekers, Mary MacDonald and India Cole were squinting, looking around for the snitch, neither of them catching sight of it just yet.

After James had scored, he flew down near the crowd, winking at a group of girls that were all swooning at him.

"James, do that again, El's all moody now," Marlene laughed, receiving a scowl and an, "Am not" from El.

"Miss McKinnon, focus on the game," McGonagall scolded, trying her best to keep a stern face.

Sirius pelted another bludger at one of the Hufflepuff chasers, causing him to fall to the ground.

"Man down!" Marlene was saying, "Still don't know the kids name, but it was the ginger guy."

Several shouts of complaint were heard from Hufflepuffs, but Marlene ignored them.

"Gryffindor back in possession, from King to Vance, she dodges two bludgers, Vance to Potter, and—POTTER SCORES, ANOTHER TEN POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR!"

James did a loop-the-loop in celebration, scanning the crowds in search for the girl wearing his hoodie. When he caught El's eye, he saw she was doing her best to hide the smile that was creeping onto her face, clapping slowly for him.

Gryffindor managed to hold the lead for the entire match, when after around forty five minutes, MacDonald and Cole both went in for a deep dive.

"Both seekers have spotted the snitch! El, if MacDonald catches this, you have to go on a date."

"McKinnon, i'm warning you—"

"MACDONALD HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH, MARY I COULD KISS YOU RIGHT NOW—I WON'T, I LOVE YOU, DORCAS—GRYFFINDOR WINS!"

Cheers erupted through the stands as all the Gryffindor players did their own celebration in the air. Marlene jumped up and down, her shouts echoing through the microphone, even McGonagall was clapped excitedly. Crowds of people rushed down the stairs and onto the pitch where the teams were just touching down on the ground.

Housemates hugged and applauded their friends, James accepting all the praise halfheartedly as he scanned over the mass of students for a specific head of blue-black hair.

Marlene held El's hand and dragged her down to the pitch, pushing past all the students who were walking too slowly. The pair saw Sirius first, who tackled them both in a hug.

"Burke, you owe me fifteen galleons," he said triumphantly.

"Not yet, i don't."

James' eyes finally connected with the girl he'd been looking for, he rushed towards her the second they did, holding a very familiar piece of paper in his hand.

He stopped running when he reached her, holding up the parchment and unfolding it to show her.

It was the list, and all the items had been ticked off.

James chucked the piece of paper behind him and walked a few steps forward to close the gap. He took El in his arms and brought their lips together.

He kissed her, differently to any time before. This wasnt rushed, or lustful. It was passionate, it was a kiss to show her just how much he'd missed doing it. One of James' arms held her waist, bending her back across it, as his other hand was on her cheek, keeping her face close to his.

El allowed James' tongue to enter her mouth, meeting hers in a fluid movement, dancing in sync with each other for several moments before they pulled back.

"You don't seem too upset that you have to go on a date with me," James smirked, keeping his forehead pressed against El's, his hand moving to remove her hair from blocking her eyes.

"Could be worse," she shrugged, "Could be going with Sirius."

They both let out quiet laughs. James grabbed El's hand and pulled her in the direction of the castle. They both jogged through the corridors and up to their dorm, laughing as they went, occasionally stopping for James to push El against a wall and kiss her again.

Once they finally reached the tapestry on the fifth floor, they went inside and El allowed James to lead her to his room.

"I hope you didn't have plans for the rest of the day." James whispered in her ear before pulling his jumper off her small body.

***

a/n: word count 2.1k
next chapter is gonna be good...
HE FINALLY FINISHED THE LIST!!
hope ur as happy ab that as i am

pls vote if u enjoyed the chapter xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

807 61 23
Follow the Black Household in this fanfic where everything is changed 😉 There will be some hard and dark parts for some readers so that the Tigger W...
1M 29.3K 182
-ᴍᴀʀᴀᴜᴅᴇʀs ᴇʀᴀ ❁ -ʀᴇᴍᴜs ʟᴜᴘɪɴ ❁ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘶𝘴 𝘓𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦...
81.1K 2.6K 91
Hogwarts has been socially run by the marauders for five years, Lorelei intends to change that. Meanwhile, Voldemort rises to power. (It's a very sl...
217K 7.2K 30
In which James Potter communicates with a girl by engraving their conversations into a table in the library. 'When can we meet in person?' 'But that...