I Must Not Break Harry Potter

By Sweet_Wing_King101

Harry stared down at his bleeding hand, the words "I must not tell lies" dripping down his skin in blood-red... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14

Chapter 13

34.7K 1.2K 972
By Sweet_Wing_King101

lood Test for Hadrian Salazar Riddle-Prince-Potter-Black:

Bearer: Severus Tobias Riddle-Prince Nee Prince (alive)

Father: Tom Marvolo Riddle-Prince Nee Riddle (alive)

Blood-Adopted Mother (Illegal): Lily Potter Nee Evans (deceased)

Blood-Adopted Father (Illegal): James Fleamont Potter (deceased)

Blood-Adopted Bearer (legal): Sirius Orion Lupin-Black Nee Black (alive)

Blood-Adopted Father (legal): Remus John Lupin-Black Nee Lupin (alive)

Godfather(s): Sirius Orion Lupin-Black Nee Black (alive); Regulus Black (deceased)

Godmother(s): Alice Longbottom Nee Prewett (alive, compromised); Narcissa Malfoy Nee Black (alive)

Notable Ancestors: Emrys Merlin-Pendragon (blood-adoption), Arthur Merlin-Pendragon (blood-adoption), Ignotius Peverell (blood-adoption), Antioch Peverell, Godric Gryffindor (blood-adoption), Rowena Ravenclaw (blood-adoption), Salazar Slytherin, Jezebeth Prince, Alessandro Prince

Lord to:

Gryffindor (through Potter)

Merlin-Pendragon (through Potter)

Ravenclaw (through Evans)

Potter

Heir to:

Slytherin (through Riddle)

Peverell (through Riddle)

Gaunt (through Riddle)

Prince

Vampire Throne (through Prince)

Lupin-Black

I have a SON?! the Horcrux shouted .

You didn't KNOW? Harry sputtered back .

No! Severus never said anything about a child!

"Severus," Harry said quietly.

"Yes?"

Harry slowly handed him the Blood Test. Severus looked down and blanched.

"Professor? Harry? What-" Blaise began.

"Hadrian," Harry corrected flatly. "Hadrian Salazar Riddle-Prince-Potter-Black."

Blaise's eyes widened. "You're the Dark Lord's heir," he breathed.

A lot more than that, apparently, Harry thought irritably, recalling that he was also the heir to the vampire throne-!

"Why didn't you tell the Dark Lord?" Harry -- Hadrian demanded of the professor.

Severus took a breath and sank slowly into one of the chairs. "He.... he didn't want a child."

I wouldn't have been angry with you! the Horcrux snapped.

"He said it would be too dangerous for him to have one," Severus rasped. "The child... would be a target. The Light would try to kidnap or harm them." Severus swallowed. "I didn't want..."

"You thought he would want me aborted," Hadrian said quietly. The Horcruxes anger disappeared at once.

...oh, Severus... the Horcrux whispered.

"I took you, and tried to hide you, but Dumbledore came," Severus said softly. "He seemed to think Lily had cheated on James with me. I let him think that, I didn't want him to find out-" he broke off, his expression pained.

"So I was safer as the prophecy child than the Dark Lord's son," Hadrian stated.

"...yes. I'm so-" Severus began, but was interrupted by Hadrian, who had decided he wanted to hug his dad. Severus choked, then wrapped his arms hesitantly around him. When Hadrian didn't pull away, the man let out a soft, muffled sob and squeezed him tightly.

After a while, Blaise cleared his throat. "As sweet as this is, I'm sure Hadrian has some questions."

"That can wait," Hadrian said distractedly, nuzzling further into his dad's embrace. The Horcrux was oozing affection. He told it to shut up.

"You can ask questions without releasing me," Severus pointed out softly, now running his fingers through Hadrian's hair.

"Hmm." Hadrian thought for a moment. "Who are Jezebeth and Alessandro?"

"My ancestors," Severus replied, a slight note of awe in his voice. "They were the first vampire king and queen."

"Wait, what?" Blaise sputtered. "You're vampire royalty?"

"No," Severus replied with a sigh. "My mother was banished from the kingdom for marrying that stupid Muggle."

"I thought you were full vampire," Hadrian asked with a frown.

"I am. Muggles can be bitten," Severus pointed out. "A full vampire does not need to have all of their ancestors be born vampires, Hadrian."

"Mmm," Hadrian said again. After another pause, he said, "Are we going to tell... Father?" He wasn't quite sure if he was ready to call him that yet.

The Horcrux pouted. I'm right here, you know.

As if I could forget.

"I..." Severus' voice cracked.

"He won't be mad," Hadrian promised, looking up. When his dad looked puzzled and anxious, he said dryly, "When he tried to kill me, he accidentally turned me into a Horcrux."

Severus blanched. "So-"

"The Horcrux knows he... sort of has a son, and he's not mad," Hadrian explained. "Actually he was rather sweet about it," he said with a smirk.

I AM NOT SWEET! I AM A DARK LORD!

His dad actually blushed at that, and the Horcrux lost its anger again, cooing. Stifling a gag, Hadrian said, "So are we going to tell him?"

"You should," Blaise pointed out nervously. "In case he finds out on his own."

"Later," Severus muttered. "We'll tell the Dark Lord later."

"Tell me what, Severus?"

All three of them yelped and spun around, Hadrian and Severus breaking apart as they did so. Voldemort was standing in the doorway, looking curious and tired. He still had his Professor Mortem glamour on.

Severus swallowed. Hadrian put a hand on his arm and gave him an encouraging look. With a sigh, his dad handed his father Hadrian's Blood Test.

Voldemort took it. "This is...?"

"Yes," Hadrian responded.

"A surprise, then?"

"A big one," Blaise muttered. Hadrian turned to his soulmate to find that he looked irritable and slightly pale. He pulled Blaise into a hug.

"Mine, always," he murmured softly in the boy's ear. Blaise relaxed, shivering.

A loud growl interrupted them, and Hadrian looked up to see Voldemort looking furious. Severus was even more pale and shaking.

"...going to kill Dumbledore," Voldemort hissed. Severus relaxed slightly, but still looked terrified.

Hadrian sighed. "I was hoping to do that."

"You can't fire two Killing Curses at once?" Blaise sighed, pulling himself further into Hadrian's embrace.

"Fine, as long as he is dead," Voldemort said irritably. Then he blinked, and his expression became shocked. "I have a son?"

"Now you notice?" Hadrian drawled. You've gotten stupider.

I HAVE NOT!

Correction, you've always been this stupid.

Don't talk to your father like that!

"Yes," Severus rasped. Voldemort turned and saw Severus' panicky look, and he quickly pulled him into his arms.

"Not mad," he promised, and Severus let out a soft sob, pressing his face into the crook of Voldemort's neck.

Awww, Hadrian smirked, earning a spluttering noise from the Horcrux.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Voldemort asked quietly.

Severus' response was too quiet for Hadrian to hear, but since he already knew the answer, he wasn't annoyed. Voldemort winced and squeezed him tighter, murmuring something back.

"I feel like we should leave," Blaise breathed to Hadrian.

Voldemort went red and glanced at them, as if suddenly remembering they were there. After a pause, where he stared at Hadrian with a rather longing, curious look, he said, "I will get to know my son later. For now I want to talk to my Severus."

What little Hadrian could see of Severus' skin flushed.

"Yes, Father," Hadrian said dryly, rolling his eyes. "Let's go on a date, my Blaise."

"Now I can see the resemblance," Blaise grumbled, blushing as darkly as Severus.

-----------

The next day, Headmaster Michaels had an announcement, which came right after the mail.

"I know we've had a chaotic year," he said with a sigh, earning snorts and laughs. "So, the staff and I have agreed that you all need a bit of fun before exams. We are going to have an Easter Ball."

There were several squeals from the girls and a few groans from the boys. Hadrian rolled his eyes, earning a snicker from Ron.

"Since we want all of you to enjoy this, it will happen on the Saturday before Easter Break," the headmaster continued, eyes glittering. "All years can come, but first through third years go to bed at ten o'clock."

Many groans and protests were heard, but the headmaster was adamant.

"We will enjoy music and dancing, and for those of you who have two left feet-" more laughter "-we've set up a Muggle projector in the room beside the Hall, where we will be showing a Muggle movie. It's a bit like viewing a memory," he added when there were several confused mutters from the purebloods, "except it's not real. You'll see."

"What are we watching?" an excited Muggleborn called out.

"It's called Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring," the headmaster answered, smirking. Beside him, Tom looked irritated. Hadrian laughed when he remembered that Tom had a ring Horcrux.

Hadrian heard several squeals of delight from the Muggleborns and some of the half-bloods. He also heard several people quote said movie.

"Most of them are going to be watching the movie," Ron guessed with a snort.

"Well I think it's good that wizards are finally accepting Muggles," Hermione said haughtily.

"They're accepting the technology, Hermione," Fred interjected dryly.

"Not the Muggles themselves," George drawled.

"We look forward to watching all of you attempt to dance," the headmaster finished teasingly, earning more laughter and a few outraged shouts.

Ron snickered. "Shall we go find Zabini so you can ask him to the ball?" he drawled. Hermione wrinkled her nose.

"Ooh," the twins smirked, then yelped when Ron shot a stinging hex at them.

"I'm sure Theo would be pleased to see you again," Harry purred back. Ron turned bright red.

"Burn!" Fred and George exclaimed, and Lee burst out laughing.

"What!" Hermione squawked. "You can't go with Nott, Ron!"

"And why not?" Ron asked her in a puzzled tone, but his eyes were cold. "You don't mind Fred and Lee going together, and you don't mind Harry and Zabini."

"Well they can't go together, either!" Hermione snapped.

"Are you sure, Hermione?" Hadrian asked lazily. "Professor!"

Tom, who was passing by the Gryffindor table, paused. "Yes, Mr. Potter?"

"Are we allowed to bring people of the same gender to the dance?" Hadrian asked.

"Of course," Tom replied dryly. "I'm bringing Severus."

The entire table gasped, and then the entire table began gossiping. Hermione's eyes were wide.

"And the headmaster is bringing his husband," Tom continued, smirking when Hermione looked even more shocked and disgusted. "There's no reason for us to prohibit gay couples." His expression became sharp. "But you will still behave."

Hadrian sighed dramatically. "I suppose." Ron, Lee, and the twins snickered.

Hermione huffed and left.

"Thanks, Professor," Hadrian smirked at his father. Tom gave him a tiny grin in response before following the girl out of the Great Hall.

Hadrian, Ron, Neville, Seamus, and Dean were heading to their first class of the day when Ginny caught up to them, bearing a courting bracelet.

"Harry," she said sweetly, earning gags from the other four boys. "I have a question."

Hadrian sighed. "Yes, Ginny?"

"Please accept this courting bracelet," Ginny said flirtatiously.

Well that wasn't how to ask. Hadrian could hear several purebloods in the hallway complaining about the lack of decorum, and even Neville looked offended.

"Why would I do that?" Hadrian asked flatly.

"Because I'm so much better for you than that Slytherin f*****-"

Hadrian lost his temper. No one insulted his Blaise!

"I am not interested in being with someone who steals from me, drugs me with potions, and has been with at least half the guys at school. I have a soulmate and he sure as h*** isn't you," he snarled.

Several gasps echoed through the hallway. Well, now he'd given them even more gossip.

Ginny looked shocked. "How, how did you-"

"I'm not stupid, Ginevra," Hadrian sneered. "You can tell Dumbledore that if he tries to steal from me again, I will make you and your mother bankrupt and so deep in debt that you won't be able to pay me back until the sun burns out." He leaned closer. "Don't forget you owe me a life debt, Ginevra Weasley," he hissed. "I can make your life an utter h***."

With that, Hadrian marched off, leaving a stark-white Ginny Weasley standing in the hallway with several angry, shocked purebloods.

----------

"Hello, my Blaise. Will you go to the ball with me?"

"I am not interested in being with someone who steals from me, drugs me with potions, and has been with at least half the guys at school. I have a soulmate and he sure as h*** isn't you!"
-- taken with permission from a comment from a user on ao3, edited slightly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 11K 96
- ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴜs ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ғᴀɴғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ "You. Me. Hogsmeade. Tomorrow" Romie demands, leaving no room for objection. Regulus slowly lifts his head from his book...
3.5K 56 31
Hermione Granger, trapped inside Zabini Manor for months on end begins a strange situation-ship with Theodore Nott, leading to something even darker...
548K 14.5K 60
Slow updates now that I'm editing. I will be eliminating the chapters slowly, but only after the new version of each part is rewritten and ready to b...
558K 14K 20
After an unforgivable beating that takes an unexpected turn Harry goes crawling (literally) to the enemy and hands over his horcruxes in exchange for...