RWBY: The Vermillion Knight

By DerErzHerzog

"This is my story ... do you want to listen to my adventures in Remnant?" I don't own anything but plot. All... More

Forword
Prologue
Chapter 1: Beginning
Chapter 2: Beacon Academy - Arrival
Chapter 3: Beacon Academy - Initiation
Chapter 4: School and related Problems
Chapter 5: Friends?
Chapter 6: Field trip
Chapter 8: First Contact - Part 2
Chapter 9: Just another day...
Chapter 10: Town
Chapter 11: Legion
Chapter 12: Legion of Domination (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Legion of Domination (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Domineer
Chapter 15: Beacon Academy - Brothers
Chapter 16: Everwinter without Mercy (Part 1)
Chapter 17: Everwinter without Mercy (Part 2)
Chapter 18: Everwinter without Mercy (Part 3)

Chapter 7: First Contact - Part 1

381 9 28
By DerErzHerzog

A few weeks ago, Beacon Academy, Eclipse POV

It has been a week since the field trip occurred and now, the preparations for the Vytal Festival, a great festival that is celebrated for the peace between the four kingdoms, were in full swing. And today on Friday, we have only half the day in the school so we could go around the city as most of the shops in Vale are already selling their Vytal Festival stuff because the students from the other Huntsmen Academies are arriving today, at least most of them. Since we only have from 9 am to 13 pm,  and our first lesson was with Dr. Oobleck, he decided to write an exam in the first lesson instead of continuing with the next historical topic. It wasn't hard to solve, most of the questions were rather simple and could be easily answered if you have listened to him. 

After we finished the exam, we made our way to the arena as our next and last lessons for this day were only Combat Class with Ms. Goodwitch and Zure. I was walking together with the usual group, which means RWBY and JNPR, we had some conversations about different topics, but I then felt someone walking behind me and looked behind to see Yang slightly shivering as she was inside the zone around me where you could feel my very low body temperature.

"Yang? Why are you so close to me?"

Yang: "I-I just wanted to test out how cold it's around you." She said trying her best to not visibly shiver.

"Yang, I told every one of you that my body is -30 degrees cold."

Yang: "I know but, I didn't have expected that it's that cold!"

Weiss: "Yang, sometimes I don't understand what you have in your head..." 

That's something I asked myself for almost my entire life when meeting people.

Yang: "I bet you, Ice Queen, would turn into an Ice cube before coming even close to him as I! I mean you have nothing that could keep you warm!" She says while pointing at her chest and then at Weiss'.

Perhaps, feeling challenged, Weiss switched places with Yang and walked now next to me, and surprisingly she didn't begin to shiver, at least not immediately. 

Weiss: "I don't know what you have Yang. His body is -30 degrees cold then he has roughly the same temperature as the coldest civilized parts of Atlas, and if you haven't forgotten it, I lived my entire life in Atlas."

Ruby: "You sure are tougher than you look, Weiss!" 

I then decided to do the only reasonable thing... I will end this girl's whole career!

Weiss: "KYAAA!!!"

She shrieked when I touched her neck with my cold hand. I laughed as well as the rest of us because of my prank and I think I could even see a small smile on Ren's face. 

Weiss: "That was not funny!"

"Then why is everyone laughing?"

Weiss: "Why you!!!"

We then continued our way to the arena. As we entered the arena I could see Ms. Goodwitch talking with my brother... well more like she gives him some instructions, I wonder what they are talking about. As we wanted to sit down on one of the spectator seats, I wondered why we are the only ones here since at least one or two students have to be here as well. Luckily Ms. Goodwitch gave me the answer a moment later.

Goodwitch: "Students, please go and take your combat gear. This lesson will be practice only!"

I sighed at this... does she really has to do practice on Friday? But anyway, we did as she said and everyone got their weapon and outfit and returned to the spectator seats where we wait for the lesson to start. After a few minutes, Goodwitch began to speak and told us that we now have the chance to challenge each other in preparation for the Vytal Fest Tournament which caused every student to explode in joy and fighting spirit. Yes, the Vytal Fest Tournament... tournament where the four academies let their students fight in multiple rounds against each other. There will be 4 vs. 4 rounds, 2 vs. 2, and 1 vs. 1 fights. Age or school year is unimportant which means that you could come into the situation of being thrown into a fight as an inexperienced first-year student team against a far more experienced and coordinated team of fourth-year students, pretty unfair if you ask me but that's how life is. The arena for that will be the Amity Arena, an arena that can change the environment of the battlefield... it is a huge Beyblade. It's also worth noticing that the Festival that is based on the peace between the four kingdoms gets celebrated by a tournament in which the students of said kingdoms fight each other, I don't understand why we celebrate peace by fighting each other but if they think this is good then so be it. 

I was then ripped out of my thoughts when Ms. Goodwitch called my name.

Goodwitch: "Mr. Eclipse?!"

"Oh, please excuse me, I was in my thoughts." I apologized.

Goodwitch: "Mr. Winchester challenged you to a fight. Do you accept?"

"If I have to..."

I then stood up and saw that Cardin was already in the arena with his mace. He looked with a smirk at me when I entered the arena with my Xuanyuan and stood in front of him.

Cardin: "Time for revenge, bitch!... Seriously you look like a girl!" 

This of course brought some people to laugh.

"At least I would be a cute girl."

The fact that I said this without any hesitation or remorse caught him and some other people off guard... Yes, I'm well aware of my appearance and I also used this one time to my advantage, when I got in some trouble with some bad people.

(If I could draw and would have a good and free drawing app on my PC then I would have made a picture of Eclipse and future OC's for my stories)

Ms. Goodwitch then announced the beginning of the fight.

Goodwitch: "3!... 2!... 1!... Begin!"

Immediately after Goodwitch said "Begin!", Cardin rushed at me with his mace ready to strike me with an overhead swing. He wasn't really fast so I had plenty of time to dodge the attack. I then decided to fool him around. I attacked him with my Xuanyuan as blocked my slash with his mace because I neither have put enough force nor speed in my strike, but this was intentional. 

As soon as the blade of my weapon came in contact with his mace, everything in the room and probably the world, began to take a darker color and the flow of time slowed down to the point that it nearly looks like it has stopped completely. 
You have to know that over the last few days I explored my sword a bit more and found out that my Xuanyuan Sword was able to manipulate the flow of time for 4.5 seconds, sadly after this effect was triggered, I could use it again after 60 seconds have passed. How should I name it? I haven't told auntie Hime about it yet but maybe she could tell me something about it.

Anyway, I used the 4.5 seconds that my sword gave me to quickly move behind Cardin. The time then returned to its normal flow.

Cardin: "HA di you really thought you could defeat me with that weak sweep? HUH! HEY, WHERE ARE YOU!?"

I responded, instead I bonked his head from behind with my sword and got a good hit on his Aura.

Cardin: "AH! How did you get there!?"

"As if I would tell you."

I then attacked him again with my sword but not before infusing it with my ice ability. He could successfully block the first strike but the two ice blades got still through to him. The next strike was only half-heartedly blocked, looks like I drained too much of his stamina. The third and also the last strike then decided the fight and I stood there victorious in front of a defeated Cardin.

Goodwitch: "Mr. Vermilion is the winner of this fight."

I then shortly looked at my brother who had a satisfied smile on his face which got then replaced by a weird grin... oh no... I know this grin! HE IS ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING STUPID AGAIN! 

After I returned to my seat in the spectator rows, we could watch several more fights between the other students. Some of them were very good like Rubie's fight against Ren, which she successfully won because of her Semblance. She can turn into a mass of rose petals and can travel long distances with it very fast, while Ren's semblance wasn't combat orientated. But there were also some rather... disappointing fights like Weiss and Jaune... I think the winner is obvious here? But the whole time I was also aware that Zure could come up with something but he hasn't done something yet. Was I wrong? No... my brother is not capable of deceiving others on this level... I know my brother more than he knows himself...

But then, it happened.

Goodwitch: "And now for the last part of this lesson, Mr. Zure Vermilion wanted to give two students a chance to fight with him."

As she said this most of the students cheered and yelled that they want to be the ones who could fight, but their dreams got crushed by her.

Goodwitch: "Children, please be quiet! The two students were already been chosen by him. Before now anyone of you asks why he or she didn't got chosen then let me tell you that Zure has chosen the two most promising students. So before you blame someone else, you should reflect on yourself. Now, please name the two students."

Zure: "The first one is none other than Pyrrha Nikos!" 

Pyrrha looked at him, a bit shocked as much as I have seen but it was kinda obvious that my brother would have chosen someone like her and not someone like uhm Jaune or Cardin. 

Zure: "And the second one is none other than my dear little brother!"

Why am I not surprised? He already this expression on his face... But of course, there were multiple complaints about me and that I was only chosen because I'm his brother. I don't know if I should be happy or not about that Zure silenced them as soon as some mean words fell. 

Pyrrha was the first one and so she stepped to the entry of the arena and passed by me. I like Pyrrha since she is one of the few normal and trustworthy people here at Beacon so I decided to warn her.

"Watch out. Your Semblance might not work fully against him."

Pyrrha: "Thank you for the warning." 

She then walked away into the arena where Zure was already waiting with his golden mid-length hair slightly waving the shallow breeze. He is dressed like always... White short-sleeved shirt of course slightly unbuttoned for his female fans, black trousers with a belt that has a rather huge gold belt buckle, and white sports shoes. Armed with his favorite weapon Goldblade, a golden ax with a black hilt, and his Golden Fists, which are two armored gloves sharing the same color scheme as his ax.

Across him stood Pyrrha ready to fight with her shield and spear that can transform into a rifle and a sword. Ms. Goodwitch then announced the beginning of the fight. Unlike others, both didn't attack each other immediately when the fight begins. Even my brother, who is always the first one when it comes to attacking, has proven that he is indeed able to plan and coordinate his offense. Pyrrha looked at him, analyzing him but it seems like she has some problems as Zure stood casually there with his ax resting on his shoulders. She tries to analyze his stance and tries to guess what he will do next, but the problem here is that Zure has a very strong Arua and a Semblance that covers his defense while still being able to deal massive damage so he doesn't has to worry about something. 

Eventually, Pyrrha decides to make the first move and attacked him but Zure caught her spear with his free hand, surprising Pyrrha. She tried it many times again but it seems like Pyrrha can't keep up with him. The fight ended after 4 minutes and 32 seconds with Zure being the winner as he could use his favorite element, the lightings, to beat her. 

Goodwitch: "Ms. Nikos is defeated. Mr. Vermilion is the winner of this fight."

And now it's my turn... I know I can't beat him... yet. I stood up from my seat and made my way down into the arena. As I was walking down the stairs, my head began to shortly hurt and...

???: "CUT HIM DOWN!"

???: "SHOW THESE INSECTS WHO YOU REALLY ARE!"

???: "YOU ARE STRONG AND HE IS WEAK!"

???: "LET US HELP YOU!"

I looked around and only saw a few students looking at me, some of them being the two teams that I am friends with. Again... those voices this time louder and what do they mean and want? ... Anyway, I need to be concentrated on the fight. 

(I recommend the HI3 Soundtrack "Hardbone" to listen to while reading the fight :D)

Zure: "Has been a while since have fought, right?"

He asked smiling stupidly brightly like he always does it. 

???: "DESTROY THIS PATHETIC FACE!"

Woah, looks like those voices aren't that bad if they are on my side :D

Goodwitch: "The fight begins in 3!"

We both stood there not going into any form of combat stance.

Goodwitch: "2!"

I looked into his golden eyes while he looked in my amber-colored ones.

Goodwitch: "1! Begin!"

We both still didn't have moved an inch and I know that he won't attack me now. I looked at the huge screen at the wall of the arena where the Aura of us was displayed, both still on 100%, my goal is to at least get him down to 80%. I looked back at him and took my Xuanyuan Sword now in both hands but having the blade still on the ground so I can quickly perform a horizontal strike in case he tries to attack me. Two minutes have passed and nothing happened.

Zure: "Soooo... are we going to fight now?"

Is he expecting me to do the first move? well, then he can wait for the end of the day, I won't do anything.

"I'm only waiting for you."

Zure: "Please, have the first attack, little brother."

"The elder one should go first."

Zure: "But I want to give you this chance!"

"And I don't want this chance."

The students and Ms. Goodwitch looked at us extremely confused. It must be very confusing but for the two of us, it was rather normal because back in the days when my 'parents' have let us train with each other, almost one-fourth of the time was only giving the other one the first blood.

"Okay, we do this at the same time, okay?"

Zure: "That's okay :D"

I then took my sword and run at him while he stood still there. If you now think he lied then let me tell you Zure is unable to lie in such things, but not when it comes to things like love, then he says he bends the truth a bit. But back to the fight, seeing him not attacking, I immediately knew what he will do and so I prepared to dodge to my right.

Zure then threw his ax at me but I was able to dodge it.

Zure: "NANI!?" 

He was genuinely shocked but it seems like he forgot that he already has done this several times during our training. He probably thought that I would have forgotten it by now. But now it's the time! I slashed with my sword at him like I have done it with Cardin to trigger the slow down in time. I used my 4.5 seconds and moved behind him but unlike in the fight with Cardin, I prepared a charged attack enhanced with my ice ability. The time returned to its normal progress.

Zure: "HUH!?"

He was confused! I then released my charged attack and hit him with my sword and the two ice blades. I then looked at the screen and saw that my attack did 3.3% damage to his Aura, more than I have expected! 

Zure: "Woah, how could you get behind me?"

I stayed silent on this and changed now into a defensive stance. And this was good because only a few moments later Zure rushed at me and punched me but I was able to block it with my sword but the force behind his attack was still enough to send me a few meters back. While I stood up, he walked to the wall where his ax stuck and pulled the blade out of it.

Okay, short brainstorming. If I wait now 60 seconds and do the same thing again, then I could cheese him and fulfill my goal. I don't expect Zure to adapt to it because he doesn't know what happens. It may be a lame way to win this but, I don't care, I also exploit some glitches and bugs in video games.

Zure then attacked me again and I dodged or blocked his attacks until one minute has passed. I triggered the effect of the Xuanyuan again and did the same thing I did before. Charging and enhancing my attack and then hitting him. This happened again and again for at least 6 minutes but for some reason doing the same thing over and over again (Did I ever told you the definition of insanity?) didn't get the students bored.

I was about to fulfill my goal, but Zure crushed this plan as he attacked me with much greater force sending me several meters away. I didn't took damage as I was able to block it with my sword. 

My anger about that was filling me, he always does this just to mock me!

TO BE CONTINUED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading. I hope you liked it.

Tell me your thoughts and have a nice day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 101 10
This is the story of a young man who tries his best to suppress his violent side and to stay calm. What will happen to him, when he enrolled in the f...
32.2K 334 25
You were at home the next thing you know you have a portal to remnant. I don't own rwby it belongs to rooster teeth.
359K 328 3
RWBY does not belong to me, all rights belong to it's creator Monty Oum and is distributed by Rooster Teeth. Record of Ragnarok does not belong to me...
39.8K 313 11
I like Rwby even though I hardly watched it. So I'm doing a story on it. Well multiple ones.