Our Disaster. || Johnny Depp

By Lizzy_Darling

in which a student starts off things with her teacher. "Nah, this is chill." started: february 2021 finished: More

cast
Lipstick
My First Crush
Low Beam
Detention
Normal
Uncomfortable
Friends
Rebels
Hangover
Young & Dumb
Play Date
Shy Away
Narcissist
Cheer Down
Okay
Zitti E Buoni
Dead Leaves
Do I Wanna Know?
Moving On
Destination
Du
Buzzkill
Teachers Pet
Basic Instinct

Strawberries & Cigarettes

693 36 36
By Lizzy_Darling

LIZZY

ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚.ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ

Sunday, September 20th

It's Sunday again. Yay. My third weekend with detention at Mr. Depps office. I'm not gonna lie he has helped me a lot in physics. Even though my oral participation still suffered from my laziness the tests we have improved a lot. Mr. Depp likes to have a test every week to make sure every student really knows what we're learning and to see if there's any obscurities in any specific topic. That way he forces us to study and understand which is actually pretty smart.

The whole course started to appreciate and enjoy him as a teacher since he somehow gets along with young people very well. Probably because he's not that old either. That makes it very hard for me to dislike him but I'm trying my best. I don't have no explanation why he seems to be alright but gave me two months detention in first place. It just seems odd and doesn't fit.

Last week was better than the first time. Which to be honest wasn't as bad as I thought either. Finishing the papers, eating pizza and getting out of his office sooner than he promised doesn't sound too bad, does it. Last Sunday was similar except that we went for Chinese food. On top of that we had less bitchy attitudes to one another. But I liked how we both stayed silent for most of the time so I could focus, finish the papers and leave quickly.

Today I woke up a little earlier. Probably because it was just Em and me studying in the evening which is a huge excuse to get to bed early.

This year September is still very warm so there thankfully was no need for long pants and sweatshirts yet. Today I went for white shorts and a blue strapless shirt. When I gaze into my mirror I notice that my hair looks like I should wash it before heading upstairs. I decide against it though and only put it up into a bun to where I look presentable. It should work for four to six hours.

I also thought about bringing some food this time. I sure am not the only one who likes to snack throughout the day and even though I often regret and try to resist my urge to do it I mostly end up falling for. I like food, sue me.
I leave my bedroom and lock it before walking to another door a little down the hallway. Opening it I enter the kitchen for the few bedrooms around here us students are allowed to use whenever we want. It's also where we can store our own food and groceries we bought added to usual stuff the school makes available for us like milk, bread and stuff.

I first get myself a cup and fill it with water to wake up my stomach. I almost drink it empty in one turn before placing it back on the counter. I abruptly jump in my spot when I notice someone sitting on the table a few meters away from me. When you walk in the room you're right in the center of the kitchen with counters surrounding you. At the end of the room is a huge window that almost takes up the whole wall and which has a table in front of it with three chairs. The nerd, Lucas, sits on one of them. I howsoever didn't spot him at first.

"Good morning." He smiles shyly and replaces his glasses. His hands hold a book which happened to be the one we use in biology. An empty bowl of cereal lies next to it. "Hi." I say and avert my eyes from him. What was I here for? Right, a snack. I gaze over to the fridge which I open to reavel the groceries inside of it to my eyes. There's not much time left for me so I believe making myself a sandwich would probably take up too much. Nibbling on my lip I take a few things in my hand like an apple or cereal bars but end up placing them back inside again.

Then I see a bowl of strawberries and take it out. Healthy and tasty seems to be a good snack. I push the fridge door shut again and open a drawer on the lowest leven of the counters with my foot to get myself a lunchbox. That I fill with the strawberries and let is disappear inside my bag. The now empty bowl I put in the dishwasher. I take a tiny look to the side and spot Lucas having his eyes on me. He tries to hide it though by quickly looking back in his book. God he really needs to stop Emily isn't even here.

I only shake my head when I leave the kitchen, hearing a quiet bye from the boy inside. After taking the stairs to the second floor I walk down a long hallway that leads to Mr. Depps office. Everything is dead silent. I run a little faster until I knock the door after having a quick look down to my watch. I'm right on time. Maybe even a little too early.

I look up again when the door opens and my teachers steps inside the doorframe. He wears a rubin red shirt that is very very tight around his torso with black jeans. I admit it okay he is hot no denies. "Morning." He nods and steps aside for me to walk in. I grin a little under his gaze but hide it by keeping my head low and entering his office. I keep my legs moving until I sit down on my usual chair. "How was your week?" Mr. Depp casually asks while closing the door again and walking over to his own chair. "Alright I guess," I shrug, "could've gone better though.".

I should have just shut my mouth because the next thing he did was asking me why. "Don't want to talk about it." I murmur and take out my pencil case, "how many do I have for today?". My teacher seems a little disappeared into thoughts before he passes me a few papers. "Not much. There's one to repeat from last week and the others are equal tasks from this week's lessons." He says and rests his underarms on the desk. I take a quick look at the papers he's given me and nod my head slightly.

"Talking helps." Mr. Depp quietly adds. "Yeah I got friends for that." I sarcastically smile. He smiles back. But like genuine. I shrug it off and cross my legs when I take out a pencil to start with the papers.

And it only takes two hours for me to crave the snack I was thinking of the whole time. I put my pencil aside when I finish another task on the second paper and fiddle for the lunchbox in my bag. After opening it I put the box in front of me and take out a strawberry. "Need a break?" Mr. Depp asks and looks up from the book in his hands. He seems to be reading a lot because every week it is another book he inhales during the day. As I'm chewing the fruit I only shake my head no.

"No no go for it. I'm surprised by how determined you always are to finish the papers. You have time you know." He says and lays down the book. He stretches by raising his hands as high as he can before sighing comfortably, "may i have one?". Unwillingly I nod my head yes and push the lunchbox a little nearer to him. "I'm so determined on the papers because I want to leave as soon as possible." I answer even though it wasn't really a question of him. I sometimes ask myself if he really thinks this whole situation I am stuck in for five more weeks is fun to me. Because he sometimes makes it come off as if we were just hanging out.

"Well, every motivation is a motivation." Mr. Depp frowns and reaches out for another strawberry. I watch how his lips close around the red fruit to bite it and the tiniest bit of juice spreading over his lips to make them glistening. I can hear the little crack it does too. "You don't like me very much, do you?". What question is that supposed to be? Of course I'm not a fan of the dude who has me doing homework for a whole Sunday for two whole months. But that might just be too disrespectful to say so I go "when did I say that?".

I lift my legs to place my feet on the edge of the wooden chair and grab myself another two strawberries. I should save myself some for later too. "Then how would you describe this situation between us?". "I believe we might got off on the wrong foot." I respond with my eyes on a random spot on his desk. "Moreover you're my teacher and I really don't have to like you." I grin and look up again.

"You might be right on that one." Mr. Depp nods with a sigh. He rests his hands on the desk to push him up from the chair and walks over to the window on the left side of me. I don't really follow him until my ears perk up on a click that sounds just like a lighter. I turn my head to look at him and watch how he blows smoke of the cigarette he just inhaled out with his lips forming an o shape. With the window open he leans a little outside so the room won't smell like cigarettes later.

My gaze moves over to the strawberries again. I end up standing up from my chair as well. I grab the lunchbox and walk over to my teacher. Leaning against the wall beside the window I munch on another berry and watch him standing there. His left hand is shoved down into his pants pockets while the other holds the cigarette between his thumb and middle finger. His eyes roam the street in front of our school while some slight breezes wiggle his short hair around.

Getting myself together I throw the green of the strawberry out of the window before biting from another one. "Here." I look up to discover Mr. Depp holding the cigarette towards me. He keeps standing in the exact same place and only turns his head to look at me as I hesitate. "I won't tell anyone if you won't." He says.

Again I hesitate but end up grabbing the cig from him. "Deal." I say with a smirk and take a deep drag. Mr. Depp smiles back at me and takes the strawberry from my hand to bite off the rest. I frown at his action. He casually chews and looks back outside. Um okay. Did he really just- nevermind okay. I didn't exactly notice I might have been staring a little. "What?".

"Nothing I.. I think I'll get back to the papers." I say and pass him the cigarette again after taking a last drag from it. Then I walk back to my chair and go back to finishing the next tasks. Only this time I don't feel as concentrated as before. As Mr. Depp kept standing in front of the window and just gazing outside my eyes move over to watch him every once in a while. He's different. Even though he really seemed like a dick the first week he now seems like a teacher every student would want to have. Someone chill, not as strict and straight as most of the teachers are and someone with whom talking doesn't feel weird. And this surprises me because when he genuinely is like that I don't see the reason he would condemn me to two months detention. I'm confused how to feel about him but whatever. In the end he is just a teacher, right?

Again I didn't realize I was staring. But as soon as Mr. Depp seems to be done with looking outside because he turns around and intends to walk back to his chair as well, I quickly move my gaze over to the paper in front of me. Shaking my head for clearer thoughts I grab my pen again and beat myself to focus.

When midday arrived I had only one task left to do. I'm seeing da process. But that last one did require some help from Mr. Depp. I wasn't sure about the way to calculate and stuff but it happened to be not that bad too. It is now 1 pm and I'm done. What a relieving feeling.

"You're getting faster, Miss Jones." My teacher says when I pass him the papers. I grin widely and lean back in the chair to let him look through my work. "You staying for lunch?" He asks with his eyes stuck on the papers. He has a concentrated look on his face which makes him frown and narrowing his eyes a little. "I guess." I shrug, "what are we going for this time?".

"I don't care." Mr. Depp says. "It's your turn to pay, right?". I scoff at his words and lift my legs to sit crossed-legged. "Theoretically. But actually it is you. I'm the girl, you know.".

"Theoretically. But this isn't a date, is it.".

ੈ⋆💌⋆ੈ

Time went by fast. After I ordered food and again was accompanied by Mr. Depp to pick it up in front of school, we went back to his office. I can't even say why I stayed at his instead of leaving. I could've meet up with Em and the boys to go get something to eat but instead I stayed. God knows why and somebody please kill me for being okay with it too.

He's literally so chill like what the hell I'm having my feet rest on the edge of his desk. "Piercings? Really?" Mr. Depp frowns when he heard of my plan to get my nose pierced. Not only my nose but I'm sure it wasn't necessary to mention that to my teacher. Shrugging my shoulders I rest the empty carton which earlier held my food in my lap and scratch the tip of my nose. "Yes, a nosering. But those in your nasal wings, on the side. Not those in the middle that make you look like a bull!".

"Oh yes, these are the worst. But.. Piercings?". I scoff and nod my head towards his hands "says the one with tattoos. Tiny ones I'll admit but those will never go away." I say.

"Those?" Mr. Depp asks and lowers his gaze to his hands he lifts to examine them. I nod my head yes and put my feet on the ground again to look at his hands too. "Sure but these are only the tiniest I have." He shrugs slightly and leans back in his chair. "There are more?" I laugh and raise my eyebrows at him. Well now I imagine a torso full of random tattoos like those on his fingers.

Mr. Depp shrugs and boldly goes "wanna see them?". I widen my eyes and can't get a word out until I realize that he is probably- must be kidding. "Sure sure." I joke and stand up to my feet, "but let's postpone that to next Sunday!". I laugh a little when I take my bag from beside the chair and hang it over my shoulder.

"Hm okay. See you tomorrow." Mr. Depp nicely smiles up to me with his legs still crossed and intertwined hands resting on his belly. Nodding my head I turn around to leave the room. I quickly pull the door shut behind my back and sigh deeply.
What a day.

ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚.ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ

If u celebrate Easter
I wish you happy Easter

Thank you very much for reading

Please vote and comment what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 1.1K 43
Emilia Schumacher, Mick Schumachers Schwester, findet ihren Weg beruflich im Rennsport Fuß zu fassen. In der kommenden Saison wird sie Marketingmanag...
248K 7.7K 87
Dahlia Verfolgt von ihrer Vergangenheit wagt sie einen Neustart. Nur ein Koffer und eine Tasche beinhalten ihr Leben, als sie in ihrer neuen Heimat a...
927K 28.4K 147
»Eine gefährliche Leidenschaft.« Als Devin, Cécilia das erste Mal sah, wollte er sie um jeden Preis in seinem Folterkeller sehen. Es war Devins Leid...
9.4K 195 27
Ist es D/ns Nasip oder Ist das Gespielt?