Skinny Dipping At Dusk

PeytonNovak

When seventeen year old Mia is sent by her mother to go work at an all-boys summer camp, she can’t help but w... Еще

Summer Camp?
Early Riser
Camp Fire?
A Cold Night..
Locked In...
Frozen Patties
The Ropes Course
A Well Needed Rescue
Twenty Three Is Still Too Old...
The Party Place
Slender Man
Risky Business
Mixed Emotion's And Treasure Hunting
Nathan
Not Sexy?
The Hot Spot.
I Guess I'm Just A Child..
Oh No He Didn't
And You Knew?
One Direction Towel
One Less Man...
Landon's POV
An Unexpected Surprise
Disappointment
The Ex
A Present From Landon?
This Is NOT A Date
Just Friends
An Accidental Kiss
Gone.
Breaking And Entering
House Visit
Stay?
Mistake?
Not Okay
The "L" Word
Don't Push Me Away
The End Of Summer Camp.
Epilogue

A Disaster Double Date.

95K 2.8K 1.2K
PeytonNovak

Hey everyone, I bet you hate me after my whole long writers note and then I took a while to upload, but I was busy with the holidays and windows is giving my computer issues so yeah. I feel so bad after going on a rant about uploading skills, but I was super busy and just wanted to detox from the computer and hang with the family, so I hope you understand. Upside is that the chapter is unusually long for me. And lots of drama.

Well I hope you enjoy.

Also, this is not edited I just wanted to upload it right AWAY.

 P.S hope everyone had a great Christmas, well those who celebrate it!

We had arrived at the bowling alley just before Landon and Carly. The car ride there was silent, and a little bit awkward for some reason. That reason most likely being the events to come. Neither of us wanted to hang out with Landon, and I certainly didn’t want to hang out with Carly.

I sighed and sat down in the booth by our end lane and looked down at my phone. No missed calls or text messages. What a popular person I was. My mom hadn’t even left me a little ‘miss you’ text.

“Did you two set up the game?”

Trying to put on a friendly face, I turned to see Landon with his arm around Carly. She was looking up at the screen above our lane. “Uh I don’t want to go last,” she whined.

Letting out a small sigh I stood up and switched my name with hers so that she could go second. Turning around, I clapped my hands. “Alright let’s get this game over with.”

Oh crap did I really just say that out loud. “I mean Landon you’re up grab a ball.”

Putting on a fake smile I joined Gavin on the booth. He looked up from his hands and gave me a weak smile. “Don’t worry this game will be over in no time.”

His words reassured me a little, but I still did not want to be here. Landon was acting like nothing was wrong, and his girl Carl was making the game longer because she ‘didn’t know how to bowl’.

Landon was standing behind her trying to show her how to do the motions. I mean, who doesn’t know how to bowl? You just take the ball and roll it down the lane. I watched as she giggled into Landon’s ear as he whispered to her.

“Okay let’s throw the ball sometime this year,” I finally raised my voice just as Landon backed away.

Carly looked over her shoulder and laughed. “Sorry Landon was just showing me proper technic.”

I heard Gavin muffle his laugh with a cough, and right after I did the same thing. Was she so dumb to think that Landon would believe that crap? I mean he played along but he had to think she was stupid.

Carly’s ball pathetically rolled halfway down the lane before taking a detour to the gutter. I stifled a laugh as she turned around with a frown on her face. “Baby I did everything you said.”

Before I told her to shut her pathetic mouth, I stood up and announced that I was going to get some food and drinks. I started towards the bar when I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Landon.

Before said anything, I smirked. “Baby I did everything you said!”

I made sure to make the last part a little winey, and surprisingly, it brought a small smile to his face. “I told her to aim for the gutter because the ball always curves halfway down.”

His words even surprised me more, and I laughed. “You’re just pure evil.”

“However could you say that?” he gasped.

Rolling my eyes, I walked ahead of him and approached the bar. The man standing behind the counter was just finished serving a couple their burgers and beer.

“But really Landon, what’s with the girl?”

He looked over to where Gavin and Carly were talking, or should I say flirting. Carly was standing lose to Gavin as he picked a ball and their laughter drifted through the bowling alley.

“I have not seen any girl this whole summer, unless you count you, and you’re not even that cute so-“

“Not nice.” I said cutting him off before he can insult me further.

With a smile he went on. “And anyway she’s not bad looking, it’s just that mouth of hers, it’s always running.”

Before I can come up with a smart ass response, the bar tender finally noticed us. “What can I get you two kids?”

I frowned at the word kids. “Ah I’d like to servings of fries and a pitcher of Pepsi.”

He nodded his head before turning around and heading to the back kitchen. Once he was out of sight, I turned back to Landon.

“So how did you meet Carly?” I asked with a sigh, not even that interested in his answer. It was better than sitting in silence though.

Landon’s eyes landed on me, and he didn’t answer right way. He just stood and stared right at me like it wasn’t totally weird. Not that I minded, his eyes are gorgeous. “We go to school together. And she’s easy so why not?”

His words made me mad. I hated when guys were like that, only going for a girl with nice assets because she’s easy, and as much as I didn’t like Carly it wasn’t fair to her.

“Oh so that’s the type of guy you are. See I figured at the beginning of the summer that you were an ass, and your good at being one Landon, I give you credit.”

His eyes formed into tiny slits just as the guy behind the bar came back with our food. Smiling, I turned back towards him with my money.

“Ten thirty five,” he stated reaching out for my money.

Before I could place the crisp bill in his hand, Landon reached forward and with a twenty. The bar tented happily took the money and put it in the cash register. He quickly handed Landon back the change and placed out food on the counter.

“You didn’t have to do that,” I finally muttered grabbing the pitcher.

We walked back it was silent, and just as we were approaching Carly and Gavin he said, “I’m pretty sure an ass wouldn’t have done that.”

His words didn’t faze me as I sat the food down on the table in front of our booth in front of a hungry looking Gavin. We both dove into the food, shoving cheesy fries in out mouth.

“Come on and get some food before it’s gone,” Gavin called to Carly who was busy with something on her phone.

She looked up at the food in disgust. “That looks like a million calories. No way.”

I laughed as I shoved some more greasy food in my mouth. Carly was right, this was not a wholesome meal but I didn’t care. I looked down at my flat stomach and shrugged my shoulders.

“Yeah Mia watch out, you look like you’ve been eating too many fries lately,” Landon added reaching over and pinching my side.

I squirmed away and frowned. Carly couldn’t even hold in her laughter. “Says the guy who just finished a whole plate by himself. I’d say you need to slow down.”

Taking a quick sip of my soda, I washed down my last bite. London’s words didn’t upset me, because I knew I was fine eating whatever I wanted. I wasn’t one of those girls who could eat without gaining weight, but I ran enough every day to keep it off.

“And it’s not bad that I like to enjoy what I eat, drinking water and eating a slice of cheese a day isn’t healthy anyway.”

Carly glared in my direction before standing up and walking towards the bathrooms. “I’ll be back,” she said.

 I watched her go out of sight before realizing that I had to pee too. Standing up, I brushed off my sundress and followed after her. Once inside the bathroom, I found Carly rummaging through her purse for something.

She looked up at me with distaste as I found a stall to do my business in. Afterwards I washed my hands in the sink next to her. An awkward silence passed over us as I dried my hands and started towards the door.

“Wait-“ she called before I could escape.

Sighing, I turned around to face her. Waiting for her to talk, I plastered a neutral expression onto my face. “You know if you like him you should just go for it.”

Like him? Like who? “Ah, what?” I asked confused.

Carly gave me a little snort like she thought I was lying. “Landon. Sher he’s hot but I don’t want a boyfriend. If you like him, he’s all yours. Anyway, Gavin is so cute.”

I laughed. Me like Landon? I mean, maybe I was a little uneasy when I saw him with her, but I don’t like him. He’s an ass, and only does things to make me upset. How could I like him?

“Look I don’t like Landon. And I don’t think Gavin would go for your type, sorry.”

My words were harsh, I mean after all the girl was sort of being nice to me. She was on a date with Landon and told me I could have him…

“My type? Look Mia, you’ve got him drooling over you and you choose to ignore it. Cut him loose, don’t string him along. He’s not some puppet you can play with. He’s nice, and should have a girl who likes him back. And you just sound stupid saying you don’t like Landon.”

What? Gavin didn’t like me. He would have tried something by now, like kiss me or something. I mean he’s slept in my bed, he would have told me if he had feelings for me. “Gavin doesn’t-“

“He likes you, a lot. And by the looks of it, you’ve got your eye on another guy. I’m not some stuck up clueless blonde okay. Yeah, maybe I played a little dumb out there, but you’re obviously not as smart as me if you haven’t noticed that both of them like you.”

Without another word, Carly turned around and left me in the bathroom with a million things whirling around in my head. I was certain that Gavin couldn’t like me. Before he jumped in bed with me he would have told me that he actually did have feelings for me. Yeah, he might have grabbed my hand at the movie, but it wasn’t like that.

And Landon he was another story. Was this girl on crack or could she tell that the only feelings he had for me was hatred. Everything he did was done to irritate me. And yeah, maybe I did like him, in the frustrating love hate way, but I could never admit to it. That would make me just as bad as him.

Blinking back a few embarrassed tears, I straightened out my dress and headed towards the door. I was just leaving the bathroom when a loud bang rumbled through the building. I leaned against the wall for support until everything was done shaking. My heart beat against my chest as smoke filled the building fast.

Landons POV

Carly rejoined us a few minutes later, her boobs bopping up in down in her ridiculously low cut shirt. Yeah, I didn’t mind but I didn’t even pay much attention to that. Her eyes didn’t even match Mia’s. Uh, Mia. That girl really knew how to frustrate me. Once second she was all nice and the next she was on a mission to kill me.

Shaking the thoughts away from my head, I turned to see that Carly had sat down next to Gavin and was dangerously close to him. Raising and eyebrow, I snorted. Had my date really just switched from me to Gavin?  Sher, he wasn’t bad looking but come on, look at me. I’m much more attractive then that kid. Sighing, I looked over my shoulder towards the bathrooms. Mia was still in there, and I was bored out of my mind.

I knew she had a reason to be a little upset with me. The comment I made about Carly was true, but I didn’t just invite her out to get some action. I just needed a distraction from a certain auburn haired goddess that was driving me crazy.

Suddenly, there was a loud eruption at the end of our lane, and something exploded. I instinctively fell to the floor and covered my head as another small eruption occurred. Blinking, I opened my eyes to see fire dancing across the floor. Smoke had already begun to fill the bowling alley, and I coughed as some of it filled my lungs. It made my throat itch and eyes burn as I looked around. All I could see was gray smoke, swirling around in the air.

“Mia,” the words came from my mouth without hesitation, and I coughed after breathing in more toxic air.

Shouts echoed through the room as I crawled on my hands and knees blindly. Feeling around, I found my way to the nearest wall. Keeping one hand on it, I stood up and walked a few steps forward before smacking into someone. I couldn’t tell who it was, but I knew it wasn’t Mia when a guy spoke.

“Come on I know the way out.”

His voice was deep and unrecognizable. “But I have to find-“

“This is no time to be a hero son. We have to get out of here come on.”

He grabbed my arm and pulled me forward. I didn’t resist, but as we walked I made sure to listen for Mia’s voice. All I could really hear was screams and coughing, but soon enough we were heading out the front entrance. My lungs cried for healthy air once I saw the sun light, and I took in a deep breath.

I noticed the man who helped me out, he was the bar tender. “Thanks,” I finally managed after a few thirsty gulps of air. He nodded his head and turned back towards the building. Smoke was pouring out the front entrance and any other place it could.

Mia

My heart raced against my chest as I looked around for any sight of her. People were sitting on the ground, and everyone seemed frantic on adrenaline. Searching the crowd desperately, my eyes landed on a familiar head of auburn hair and I let out a sigh of relief. I pushed my way through the crowd and approached Mia Gavin, and Carly who was hysterically crying.

Mia was the first one to notice me and she jumped up and threw her arms over my shoulders. I hugged her to my chest, the feeling of her fast beating heart comforting the ach in mine. “I thought you were still in there, I thought that maybe you were dead.”

Her voice cracked at the last word, and I just brought my hand to her back and rubbed it soothingly. “It’s oaky. I’m just glad you’re alright.”

The sound of sirens roared in the background as we finally pulled away. Her face was streaked with tears, but she still looked beautiful. She always did.

“What happened?” I said turning towards Gavin who was trying to comfort Carly.

“The owner said that one of the machines exploded, and the whole place set on fire. Luckily everyone made it out. Are you okay?”

I nodded my head, and turned back to Mia. “You two should probably get going before the police come. Gavin you’re not supposed to be here.”

Gavin nodded his head but Mia frowned. “But I wan-“

“Go I don’t want you to get fired, and I don’t think I could get through anymore summer camp with you gone.”

She nodded her head and grabbed Gavin’s hand. I watched as the got into the car and pulled out of the parking lot just as the cops and fire trucks arrived. Never in my life had I experienced something so scary. Even the thought of Mia being hurt made me sick. What’s happening to me?

Mia’s POV

After a nice hot shower, I lied down on my bed ready to sleep. There was a small tap on the window and without answering, Gavin climbed in. The sight of his frazzled face put a smile on mine, but it soon disappeared when I thought back to the bathroom situation. Maybe Carly was right, what if Gavin did like me?

I was brought back to reality when the weight of the bed shifted as he slid under the covers. I instinctively rolled over to face him. “Hi,” I whispered.

He smiled at me, and his cute little dimples appeared like they always did when he smiled. “Are you okay? I mean, that was pretty scary what happened today. I thought you were dead until I say you when I got outside.”

I nodded my head, understanding him. “Yeah it was pretty scary. I’ve never experience anything like that before.”

We both lied back on the pillow looking at each other. “Gavin, I have a question.”

He turned over so that he was staring at the ceiling. After a few moment of silence he said, “Shoot away.”

Taking in a deep breath, I searched for the right words. I didn’t want to assume that he liked me, but I needed to know. If he didn’t, maybe things would be a little awkward but it didn’t matter. Carly’s words had been on rerun ever since we got back and I couldn’t help but ask.

“Do you have feelings for me? Not just friendly feelings?”

My words were hushed and almost in a whisper, but Gavin heard just fine. He turned back to face me, and a little red had already rushed to his cheeks. I raised my eyebrows as he nodded.

“Yes.”

The words came without hesitation, and I sat up and scooted away. “You mean you like me?”

He nodded his head again. “What the heck Gavin!” I shouted jumping off the bed in frustration.

His face twisted into a frown at my reaction and he sat up. “I’m sorry for not telling you, I just-“

“You just wanted to sleep with me every night? Gavin you should have said something. Here I am, thinking your just some guy who thinks of me as a friend and then-“

“How could you think that Mia?” he asked interrupting me. “I mean, you’re beautiful and funny, and amazing. Do you not see the smile you bring to my face every time I’m with you? There is no way in hell you can be just friends with a guy without hi liking you. Unless he’s gay but you get what I mean.”

His words were flattering, but I wanted to cry out in frustration. Suddenly Cole popped into my mind and I cringed. Everything Gavin was saying reminded me of last summer, and I definitely didn’t want to remember that summer. The same summer that Cole and I dated, the same summer that his best friend couldn’t just think of me as a friend. After that everything went bad, and I didn’t want another relapse. Why couldn’t a guy just be friends with me, or think of me as a friend? I’m not even that great.

“Say something Mia,” Gain finally muttered, blush still lurking on his cheeks.

Looking up from my hands, I sighed. “Look I’m flattered with all the stuff you said, but I can’t believe you kept on sleeping in the same bed with me after your feelings grew. It’s not appropriate, and I don’t want you thinking that I’m some easy girl. You should leave.”

I didn’t want Gavin to go, but what he did wasn’t right and I couldn’t allow him to sleep in here anymore after I knew he had feelings for me. I couldn’t be known as that girl, and I didn’t want to be.

“Please Mia, I should have told you but I didn’t want it to ruin our relationship as friends. I really like you, but if you didn’t like me back, I didn’t want you to know about my feelings. But I know now that you don’t like me back. I see the way you look at Landon. The way you two hugged at the bowling alley.”

I wanted to cry from the look of defeat on Gavin’s face, he looked so beaten down and sad. Maybe it was true, maybe I did like Landon. But that didn’t mean I couldn’t like him. “Then why did you tell me you do?”

My words came out harsh, I regretted them right away. “What I mean is why didn’t you tell me earlier, before we became such good friends.”

Before Gavin could answer, there was a knock on my door. Maybe it was Landon. I grabbed the handle and peeked out to find Julie on my front steps. It was already night time, an she was wrapped in a robe.

“Hi Mia,” she said cheerfully.

I was so shocked that I didn’t answer, but when Gain spoke up, I knew I was in trouble.

“Mia who is it?”

His voice was loud and clear, and Julie’s eyes rose. “Who’s back there?” she asked immediately poking her head around my shoulder.

Dear God what have I done.

Whoa, longer I know, and lots of stuff went down. Vote and comment!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

26.9K 292 33
17 year old Hailey and her best friend Sam have won a chance to spend the day with One Direction in Toronto. After spending the day with the boys Hai...
9.8K 176 16
I will try to update this book as much as possible. Hopefully 1-2 chapters a day. If you don't like this book, then that's okay! I hope everyone else...
2.6K 232 22
2 years following the covid-19 lockdown, 16 year old Isabel De La Cruz feels fumbled and overwhelmed about school re-opening again. Sure, she might b...
Sixteenth Summer babybluelilac

Любовные романы

815 32 14
Her name is Alexandria Lovelace, and she has turned 16 this summer. She wants to go to LA with her aunt, but plans get ruined by her grandpa's death...