Birds Of A Feather (Young Jus...

By PetraGirlPsych

Rachel has always been labeled as odd and she was fine with that. Being the adopted daughter of John Constant... More

Character Profile
Independence Day
Fireworks
A/n
Welcome To Happy Harbor
Schooled
Infiltrator
Denial
Downtime
Bereft
Terrors
Fanart Contest
Birthday Girl Down
School Day
HomeFront
Alpha Male
Revelation
Humanity
Inside Job I
Inside Job II

Targets

1.4K 57 7
By PetraGirlPsych

Mount Justice; September 7th; 04:41 EST

Raven sat midair in the cave, her legs crossed, as she read a book.

Then suddenly, the computers started to blink, indicating that someone was trying to contact the cave.

Raven flew over to the computers, as Aqualad pulled them up.

"Aqualad.” The Atlantean says into the comms.

Red Arrow.” Roy's voice sounds through.  “I need access to the Justice League’s database.

Raven and Aqualad exchanged a look at that, but then Aqualad gave her a nod.

"And the exact height of the League of Shadows assassin known as Cheshire.”

Raven pulled up another screen, and starts typing into the keyboard. 

“Checking.” She said, as she pulled up the database, Roy jumping a bit at her voice.

“Cheshire is 5-foot-6.”

“And exceptionally dangerous. Do you require backup?” Aqualad asks.

Please. The last thing I need is the Junior Justice League.”

“Yeah. Just our computer.” Raven said, rolling her eyes.

Aqualad sighed.

“Good luck, my friend. Aqualad out.”

Mount Justice; September 7th; 06:41 EST

Raven stood next to Superboy, watching as he fixed up a red motorcycle.

Just then, Sphere rolls up to them, wanting Superboy's attention.

The Kryptonian ignores him, making Sphere beep irritably.

“Jealous much?” Superboy taunts.

Sphere beeps again and then roll over to Raven who jumps unexpectedly.

"Oh, um……hi." She said, awkwardly patting it.

It seemed to like that, and it rolled closer to her, making Raven let out a small laugh.

"Oh now you're trying to make me jealous." Superboy said, eyebrows raised, crossing his arms in amusement.

"I think he's succeeded, hasn't he?" Raven asked, still patting Sphere, as she got used to it.

Superboy smiles at them both, rolling his eyes slightly.

“Ready for school?” M’gann calls out as she flies down the stairs.

She held two paper bags in her hands.

"I made our lunches.”

Red Tornado, Miss Martian and Aqualad walk after her.

“The first day of the scholastic season carries great cultural resonance. We want to wish you both well.” Manhunter says.

“Guess it’s not a Kryptonian thing.” Superboy muttered, wiping off his hands.

"Although I don't really know what all the excitement's all about." Raven said, crossing her arms.

"Are you kidding me Raven? It's high school. Full of fun memories, and lots of friends and fun memories. I've always wanted to go." M'gann said excitedly.

"Yes high school. Full of hormonal teenagers and unnecessary teenage drama." She shuddered. "I'm so glad I'm homeschooled."

“You may wish to… change before you depart.” Kaldur said, gesturing to their clothes.

“Ah, I spent hours choosing this outfit.” M'gann said.

She changes into black flats, white knee-high socks, a burgundy skirt, a white top, and a burgundy short sweater. 

“What do you think? Can M’gann M’orzz pass as an Earth girl now?”

“Well…” Kaldur offers hesitantly.

“Just kidding.” she assures, turning her skin tone from green to a slightly lighter tone. 

“Meet Megan Morse. What’s your new name?” She asked Superboy.

"My what?” Superboy asked confused.

“I chose the name John Jones for myself.”

Manhunter changes to a bald dark-skinned man in a suit.

“And suggested John Smith for Red Tornado. You could be a John too.”

“Pass.” Superboy said, crossing his arms.

"I agree. I already have too many Johns in my life." Raven added.

“Conner’s always been my favorite name.” M’gann said smiling sweetly.

“A last name will also be required.” Kaldur informs him.

“Perhaps Kent?” J’onn offers.

“Oh, in memory of Dr. Fate, the late Kent Nelson.” M’gann says brightly.

“Of course.” J’onn said.

“Okay, sure. I guess it’d be an honor or something.” Superboy mumbled.

“Well, Conner Kent, time to change your shirt. You don’t wanna reveal your identity.” M'gann tapping the logo on his shirt.

Conner reaches up to the shirt, taking it off, as M'gann watches eyes wide, a blush appearing on her cheeks.

“Ugh, will this work?” Conner asked, showing the other side of the shirt.

“Works for me.” M'gann swooned.

“Oi, shouldn’t I be Conner Nelson?” Conner asked as he slips his shirt back on, he and M'gann walking out.

The remaining four watch them as they go.

“They grow up so fast.” Manhunter said.

Not long after, Raven and Aqualad sat on the floor, the latter trying to teach the girl Atlantean.

"Det är trevligt alt träffa dig." Raven said, reading from the Atlantean dictionary on her lap.

"Good, and that translates……."

"It's nice to meet you?" Raven asked uncertain.

"Correct. Wow, you're a prodigy." Aqualad said teasingly.

"That's just the basics though. I still want to know what Atlanteans call a clotpole."

"Clotpole?" Aqualad asked, eyebrows raised.

"Yes. It's a fun word, and I'd like to know the Atlantean translation."

"Right….okay it's called koageslstång."

"Koageslstång huh? That's my new favorite word." Raven said, a small smile playing on her lips, making Aqualad chuckle.

Just then, the computers started beeping again.

The two stand up, heading over to them.

"Aqualad." He said into the comms.

"This is Red Arrow." Roy called from the other line.

"And?"

Roy sighed. "I need help."

Aqualad turned to Raven who had a small smirk on her face.

"We're on our way."

TAIPEI; SEPTEMBER 7TH; 21:25 NST

"Reunification is unthinkable!” One of he leaders, Tseng, shouts.

“Our peoples no longer have anything in common.” Li, another leader, angrily agrees.

“Gentlemen, that is mere rhetoric.” Lex Luthor said calmly, sitting between them at a long table.

"Despite your differences, you still share an appreciation for many things such as the exquisite art of the Rhelasian Tea Ceremony.” 

A young woman with white painted face, and a red kimono, pushed a tea cart towards the reporters. 

Aqualad turns around just before the woman reaches the reporters, pointing one of his Water Bearers at her.

“That is far enough, Cheshire.”

The reporters gasp in shock.

The woman glance up to see Roy and Raven step up behind Lex. The woman pressed a button on the cart, and pushed it towards the Atlantean.

“Hiyah!”

Raven creates a shield over Aqualad, just as Red Arrow shot an arrow over the Atlantean's shoulder.

The arrow hits the cart, causing it to explode, throwing Cheshire backwards, and causing two statues to fall between her and Aqualad.

The room grows silent as Raven lets the shield drop.

As Cheshire pushed herself up, the three teens step over the statue, standing before her.

“It’s over, Cheshire.” Roy sneered, pointing an arrow at her head.

Cheshire smirks. “You would think so.” 

A helicopter appears through a hole on the wall, and Sportsmaster and some of his men, jump off.

Tseng called out to some of his guards to stop the villains, and they ran forward.

Cheshire throws a backflip, before coming to stand next to the blonde villain. 

“Take Sportsmaster, Cheshire’s mine.” Red Arrow said, before charging forward.

Aqualad throws his mace at the villain, which narrowly missed his face.

Sportsmaster glared at the Atlantean, before he catches movement from the corner of his eye.

He turned to see Raven lift debris off the ground.

The teen glared at him, before sending the debris flying at him, one by one.

Sportsmaster, being a master assassin, either dodged them, or ran them through with his spear.

Aqualad runs at the villain from behind, but Sportsmaster is quick and jumps to evade Aqualad's hit, punching him instead, making the teens slid backward.

Sportsmaster reaches to his belt and pulls out a mace.

He raised it up, about to bring it down on Aqualad, when suddenly a force caught it in the air.

Raven catches the top of the mace in an orb, holding it in the air, but then Sportsmaster jerked it towards him with so much force, and then nodding her, sending her flying back.

Aqualad runs at him again, and he pulls out a fencing sword from his belt.

The two began to spar with each other, when Raven came up from behind, kicking him away from the Atlantean.

"Not bad, kids.” Sportsmaster said casually. “Better than your team did at Santa Prisca or Bialya.”

Raven glanced at him surprised, and so did Aqualad

"How did you….?”

“Let’s just say I have an inside source. Very inside.” Sportsmaster said, making the teens glare at him annoyed.

Red Arrow stands on one of the statues, his eyes looking to the ceiling.

"Aqualad, let’s end this.” he says as he nocks an arrow, releasing it, as it hits the sprinklers.

Aqualad raises his arms, his tattoos glowing white. He forms a water serpent, that makes it's way over to the assassins.

Cheshire drops in front of Sportsmaster and pulls on her mask. 

She pulled out a bomb from her pocket, throwing it into the mouth of the beast, which Aqualad drops.

The teens cough from inhaling the smoke, failing to see the assassin that was approaching the two leaders.

“Mercy.” Lex whispered.

Lex's bodyguard raised her arm, which turned into a laser gun, knocking the assassin out.

Aqualad, Raven and Red Arrow turn back towards the window, finding Cheshire and Sportsmaster gone.

The Rhelsian dignitaries look at Mercy in shock as her arm goes back to normal.

"Gives new meaning to the arms race, doesn’t she?” Lex asked smugly.

Tseng and Li sigh in relief.

“That technology is most impressive, Luthor.” Li tells the man.

“We owe you our lives, sir.” Tseng added, shaking hands with Luthor.

“They owe him their lives?” Raven asked unbelievably, Red Arrow nodding along with her.

"Yes, quite a coup for Lex Luthor. Under his leadership North and South Rhelasia are signing a treaty which could eventually lead to reunification.” The Reporter, Cat Grant, continued broadcasting.

Aqualad, Raven and Red Arrow watch the signing of the treaty for a few more moments before they head towards the door.

“I can’t believe we just did a solid for Lex Luthor.”

“Not for Luthor, for peace.” Aqualad corrects. 

“Beyond that, if Raysh and League of Shadows wanted to sabotage the Summit the signing of the treaty renders their contract moot. It is over.”

“Is it? I heard what Sportsmaster said. Do you really think there's a mole on your team feeding him intel?” Red Arrow asked.

Aqualad and Raven exchange a look.

“I cannot rule out the possibility. We will investigate, quietly.” Aqualad said.

"We?" Raven asked raising an eyebrow, making Aqualad smirk slightly.

"Yes we. Just us." He confirmed, making Raven pout slightly.

“Not tell them?” Red Arrow asked shocked. 

“I do not want the unit unraveling over baseless suspicions. And if there is a mole, I have no wish to tip him or her off.” Aqualad answered.

Roy gives Kaldur a small salute and a slight smiling-smirk. “Good luck with that.”

"I do want to know one thing though." Raven spoke up, making Red Arrow raise a brow at her.

"Tonight, you could have called Green Arrow for help or the Justice League. Instead, your first instinct was to call the Cave.”

“You’re right. The Team deserves… has my respect.” Red Arrow admits, making Aqualad smirk slightly.

“I’m still getting used to this Solo Act stuff. But if you need me, I’ll be there.” 

Red Arrow smiles, then offers his hand to Aqualad to shake, and giving a salute to Raven, who smile back at him.

The teens then turned away from each other, going their separate ways.

~ Hey guys!

Another equally short chapter, but you know why.

Ooh I am so excited for the next episode, Terrors.

I did something with that episode, and I really hope you guys will like it 

Anyway don't forget the Fanart Contest.

Prompt: Prepare Raven for highschool, with her Gotham Academy uniform.

Send your art to me here at:

rehobothmatthew on Instagram

matthewrehoboth@gmail.com on email.

See you later guys.

​​​​​​Bye lovelies

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.1K 4K 57
Now calling herself "Jade," a girl must delve into the risky business of cat burglary in attempts to keep her sister safe from a dangerous past. As t...
520K 15.9K 50
book 1 out of 3 in my main catgirl series ─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── summary: Catgirl was raised by the one and only Cat...
8.5K 215 4
What if Superboy wasn't the only clone Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad found when they snuck into Cadmus? What is the Big Blue Boy Scout wasn't the onl...
1.5K 29 9
There was one issue Adreen had with being a part of a team. She would have to look after more people other than herself and Artemis. She would also e...