Birds Of A Feather (Young Jus...

By PetraGirlPsych

Rachel has always been labeled as odd and she was fine with that. Being the adopted daughter of John Constant... More

Character Profile
Independence Day
Fireworks
A/n
Welcome To Happy Harbor
Schooled
Infiltrator
Denial
Downtime
Targets
Terrors
Fanart Contest
Birthday Girl Down
School Day
HomeFront
Alpha Male
Revelation
Humanity
Inside Job I
Inside Job II

Bereft

1.5K 52 1
By PetraGirlPsych

Bialya; September 4th, 00:16 EEST

Raven woke up with a groan, holding her hand.

She felt around to see that she was lying on…….sand?!

Raven jolted up, seeing that she had been indeed lying on sand.

She looked around to see that she was in some sort of….desert?

What was she doing here?

Did she jump through a portal here by accident?

Did The House bring her here?

Or was this another one of John's training sessions?

Where was she?

Raven groaned, massaging her forehead.

"Ugh…..if only I had mastered that location spell John tried to teach me."

She looked around.

"Okay Raven. Just look around for a house or something, and ask for directions."

Then she started walking.

Robin hides behind a rock, just as a Jeep drives past him.

He looked forward to see the small camp just ahead.

“Those are Bialyan Republic Army uniforms.” He says pulling up his Hologlove

“But what are Bialyans doing in….” He pauses as he sees the location on the map.

"Uh, Bialya? okay, better question: what am I doing in Bialya…….in September?!" His eyes widened.

"What happened to March? Better radio Batman.” His lifts his hand to his comm.

Maintain radio silence at all times.” Batman's voice rang in his head.

“Or not.” He changed his mind, walking towards the edge of the rock. 

He flipped off it, landing perfectly.

But just then, he sees a torn shirt on the ground with Superman's S on it.

Robin squints his eyebrows in confusion, but then walked past it.

Lifting his head, he sees a figure approaching the Bialyan camp.

The person had a feminine shape, and Robin walked closer to see that it was indeed a girl, and she looked about his age.

He panicked as she walked closer to the tents, and he did something he didn't think of twice.

Robin ran down the hill and pushed the girl out of sight, just as she reached the edge of the Bialyan camp.

The two tumble away from the camp, coming to a safe distance.

Robin groaned, opening his eyes, looking down at the girl.

He blushed a bit when she opened her eyes, she was actually really pretty.

But she looked so familiar.

Then it hit him.

This was the famous night hero, Raven.

"Get off me." The girl grunted, pushing him off her.

Raven stood up immediately, her magic twirling at her palms, as she glared at the boy.

"Whoa! Whoa! Wait! Calm down, I'm on your side." Robin said, trying to calm her down.

Raven glared at the boy in front of her, before realizing who he was.

"Robin? Batman's sidekick?" She asked.

Robin nodded.

"W….what are you doing here?" She asked, still guarded.

"Well……."

"What am I doing here? Ugh!" She groaned as she felt another headache coming up.

"Memory loss?" Robin asked, making Raven turn to him a little surprised.

"Yeah. You too?"

Robin nodded. "Six months."

"Yeah me too." She sighed. "So what do we do now? Do you know where we are?"

"We're actually in Bialya, and those soldiers are Bialyan soldiers." 

Raven looked at him confused. "They're the bad guys."

"Oh, right. I knew that."

Robin let out a small laugh. "Sure you did."

Night falls as Robin and Raven walked through the desert. 

Robin pulled up his Hologlove. “I wish I could remember why I put a GPS marker here.” he mumbles.

Raven sees the mechanical device on a sand dune, and she tapped his shoulder, pointing them out to him 

“Huh.” he muses. “Guessing that’s why.”

Robin walked forward, coming to stand on the dune. 

And then, there was silence.

Everywhere was quiet, a little too quiet.

Raven walked over to the Boy Wonder, the both of them carefully looking around.

Suddenly, six soldiers burst out of the sand, standing in front of the two heroes.

Sahibit il galala tureadahoo hayan!”  One of the soldiers call out and then, they both charged at the two heroes.

Robin narrowed his eyes, and then dropped a smoke pellet, just as the soldiers got close.

The smoke blocks their vision, and Robin jumps at one from the side, taking him down easily.

Two soldiers stumble towards each other, amidst the smoke, but they failed to notice someone behind them.

Raven's eyes glow as she used her powers to raise the soldiers up, before bringing them back down, and sending them flying far into the desert.

Robin rushes towards another soldier, doing a hand flip and pushing off the soldier's chest, knocking him out.

Raven throws a punch at a soldier, but he dodges.

She grabbed his gun, and hits him in the face with it, just as another rushed at her from behind.

She backflips over the second soldier, landing perfectly.

The soldier throws a punch at her, but she bends, giving access to the Boy Wonder to jump over her figure, and landing a punch on the soldier, knocking him out.

Kifaya! Idrab nar!” The leader yells, and the rest pick up their guns.

Raven creates a force field over them both, just as the bullets come raining down.

A figure suddenly super speeds towards the soldiers, taking away their weapons.

“I’ll take that.” Kid Flash says, running towards two more. "Thanks!”

Raven drops the force field, and both her and Robin charge at the soldiers.

They each take out one, while Kid Flash dealt with the other two. 

Two more run towards the teens armed, before they're suddenly lifted in the air.

Miss Martian appears, as she held the soldiers in place.

Kid Flash runs at another soldier, tries to kick the teen. 

Raven creates a platform that the speedster jumps off from, kicking the soldier, sending him flying into the remaining two.

The last soldier attempts to run away, but then a green arrow followed after him.

The arrow catches up with him, releasing a bola that wraps round his legs, making him crash to the ground.

All four turn to see Artemis on the dune.

She smiles softly at them, before making her way towards them.

“KF!” Robin said, as he and the speedster shake hands. “Man, it is good to see a familiar face.”

“Hey Rob. Memory loss?” Kid Flash asked.

“Six months!” Robin exclaimed outraged. “Let’s hogtie these creeps and compare notes.”

Not long after, the soldiers were tied up.

“So we’re a Team?” Raven asked, doubting Miss Martian's statement.

“The five of us and Superboy.” M’gann confirmed.

“Then this must be his.” Robin said pulling out a black cloth with an S on top, from his belt.

“Yes.” M’gann gasps, taking it from him. “Did you see him?”

“I think we did!” Artemis said.

“Feral-boy? Some teammate, he attacked us.” Kid Flash said annoyed.

“He didn’t know who we are. I don’t know who we are!” Artemis said.

“I remember Batman ordering Radio silence. Our Team must work for him.” Robin said.

"How do you know we don’t work for my mentor?” Kid Flash asks, hitting the Flash logo on his chest 

When he does though his suit suddenly turns back to bright yellow.

"Whoa.” He hits it a couple of times, watching as the colors kept changing back and forth.

“This is so cool.”

Artemis and Robin tried it too, but with no results.

"We look ridiculous.” Artemis snapped, then turned to Kid Flash who was still playing with his suit.

"Quit touching yourself!” He did it once more, annoying Artemis once again. 

“We need our memories back.”

Miss Martian brings her hand to her head, and then suddenly, everywhere turns white.

The four look around at the chunks of memories surrounding them.

“I brought you into my mind to share what I remember so far. But I need your help, together our broken memories can form a whole if you open your minds to mine.” Miss Martian said.

“You wanna paw through our private thoughts?” Artemis asked in anger.

"There's no way I'm letting someone into my mind." Raven said firmly.

M’gann raises her hands in defense before she even responds. “I don’t wish to intrude but…."

“You need to hack our minds to figure out what happened to us. Got it, go.” Robin said, giving her permission.

“My brain’s all yours. Try not to let its brilliance overwhelm you.” Wally flirts.

“Or underwhelm you.” Robin pipes up. “Hey, why isn’t anyone just whelmed?”

Artemis mulls over it, but makes up her mind when Wally steps up to her, stretching his hand towards hers.

“Last six months only. And only what you need.” She stated firmly.

The group finally turns to Raven expectantly.

The teen sighed defeated.

"Just don't…..mess with anything else."

Miss Martian nodded, before starting the process. Hands branched off her body, coming to rest on the other four, and then suddenly, they're pulled into a memory.

The Watchtower detected an immense power surge in the Bialyan desert.” Batman’s voice speaks. 

A clear image forms of the Dark Knight displaying a map to the team.

"Spectral Analysis revealed elements non-terrestrial in origin.” 

Raven, Artemis, Kid Flash, Miss Martian, and Superboy stand before him.

"Find out what happened at that site. What landed there?” The image changes to Queen Bee. 

“Bialya is a rogue state ruled by Queen Bee and not a member of the League’s UN charter. All communications are subject to interception. Maintain radio silence at all time. You will land in Quarac, on Bialya’s border, two clicks from the hot zone.”

The image changes to the Bialyan desert, where Superboy, Kaldur, Raven and Kid Flash are setting up the GPS trackers.

“All clear.” the Boy Wonder tells them.

"I'm done." Raven spoke into her comm, as she finished setting her last tracker.

“The Bialyans control the site.” Artemis’ voice speaks up, as she and Robin crawl through the desert to look over a small Bialyan camp.

“Set up here.” Kaldur’s voice tells Superboy, who drops the device he was carrying on his back. 

“We’ll be up and running in no time.” Robin says as he types away at the keyboard on the machine.

“Jackpot!” Wally says from behind the Boy Wonder, standing up from his slight crouch. “This site’s lousy with Zeta Beam radiation.”

“Detecting non-terrestrial trace elements from the tent.” Robin said.

“I’ll check it out in camouflage mode.” M’gann offers.

“Good idea, go.” Kaldur tells her.

“Careful.” Superboy says immediately.

“And maintain telepathic contact.” Kaldur reminds her.

“I will Aqualad.” she promises.

“Aqualad!” All five exclaimed, as they remembered.

“Where is he? What happened next?” Raven asked.

“I don't know. That's the last thing I….… we remember.” Miss Martian answered worriedly.

Kid and Artemis look down at their clasped hands, both of them pulling away.

“Ugh….I……uh……we landed 24 hours ago. If Kaldur’s been wandering the desert that long, well, that's not good for a guy with gills.” Wally said, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Now that I know to look for him…” Robin said, immediately pulling up his Hologlove. 

*He’s close, but he’s not moving.” he said, pinpointing the Atlantean's location.

The team finally caught up to Aqualad, and they watched nervously as Raven check him over with her magic.

Tula, vis ol may." Aqualad murmurs, his face scrunching up in pain.

Aga pa, olsey.” 

“I can’t restore his memories in this state.” Miss Martian said.

"And I can't do anything to help. He's not physically injured." Raven said

“He needs immediate rehydration.” Robin says sternly. “Call the Bioship.”

“It’s out of range.” Miss M says instantly, then looks to KF. “You can get him there quickly.”

“He’s too heavy, and I’m too low on fuel.” Kid says almost breathlessly. 

“Right now, I couldn’t even carry her.” he gestures to Raven with his thumb.

“Why not just levitate him back?” Artemis asked Miss Martian.

“I can’t, I have to find Superboy.” she replies standing up. 

“Six months ago he didn’t exist, just animal impulse, I’m the only one who can help him.”

“Superboy’s indestructible, just ask those tanks.” Kid points out. 

“It’s Aqualad who needs your help like now.”

M’gann clutches her head as an image of Superboy being electrocuted surfaces.

“No! Superboy’s in pain.” She takes off with nothing else on her mind.

“M’gann wait!” Artemis yells after the Martian.

“We still don’t know what erased our memories! It could happen again!” Robin called after her, but she ignored them.

Raven sighed annoyed.

"This is what happens when teenagers put their hormones over their priorities." She stood up. "Come on."

She created an orb round Aqualad, lifting him up.

"Let's get him back to the ship."

Raven flew carrying Aqualad, with Kid Flash and Artemis behind her, and Robin leading the way, with his Hologlove. 

Just ahead, they hear three Bialyan Jeeps before them.

Robin glances at them before turning to a small rock.

“Quick, over there.”

The four ran behind it just as the Jeeps drive past.

Aqualad groaned as he murmured.

"Tula, dena me ta etah en Atlantis ih ba ohse.”

Artemis pressed a hand to his forehead.

"Shh….Kaldur, quiet now.” she tells him.

Robin crept to the edge of the rock and sees a group of six Bialyan soldiers, all of them armed, walk past their hiding place.

Dropping back down, he turned to his teammates. 

“We can’t risk a firefight with Aqualad KO’d like this.”

"It’s not just him. I’m way out of juice.” Kid Flash said, rubbing his neck.

“And I’m almost out of arrows.” Artemis said pulling out her mostly empty quiver.

"Uh, guys?" Raven called, and the two look up to notice that Robin was missing.

Kid Flash groaned.

“Ugh, I forgot how much I hate it when he does the ninja-thing.” Then he turned to Artemis. 

“Hey, you never said why your dad to…” he runs his thumb across his neck, making a slicing sound. “...me.”

Raven raised her head, looking at them curiously.

“I got confused by….um……some old movie I saw the other night…” Artemis said awkwardly, turning away from the speedster.

"About a ninja girl whose ninja dad ordered her to kill her ninja boyfriend cause he was from a rival ninja clan.”

“So, I’m your ninja boyfriend huh?” Kid teases.

Artemis’ eyes go wide before she composes herself and turns back to him.

"Hey, amnesia, remember? I completely forgot how truly annoying you are.” She snapped

“Oh, like you're the Goddess of Congeniality!” Kid gripes.

"Can you two stop? Your hormones are flying all over the place." Raven said gripping her head in annoyance.

“She's right.  Get a room you two.” Robin suddenly said, catching them all off-guard.

“Dude, where were you?” Kid asked.

The Boy Wonder smirks. “Breaking radio silence.”

Robin’s famous laugh comes from in front of the Bialyan soldiers and they take off after the sound.

As the Bialyans come to the source of the sound they hear devices begin to beep. 

The beeping and laughing quickens, and just then, the disks explode, creating a smoke cloud.

Robin turned to the team.

"That’s our cue. Move!” 

And they wasted no time in doing that.

Quarac; September 5th; 2:32 EEST

Aqualad has an IV in as he lays down in the Bioship. 

Raven walks over and sets a wet cloth on his head.

"Wow. Who knew you were so good at playing Nurse." Kid Flash said teasingly, making her glare at him.

Hey everybody, I’ve got Superboy.” M’gann’s voice calls out of the link.

He’s back to normal, we're on our way.”

Aqualad jolts up, panting, looking to Raven with wide eyes. 

“Who are you?” He asked as Raven gently pushed him back down. “And how did you get inside my head?”

Hello, Megan. Aqualad’s memories. I knew I forgot something.” M'gann said.

“Aw man, me too. I didn’t get a souvenir for the mission.” Wally grumbled, making Artemis and Aqualad glare at him.

Don’t worry, got the souvenir thing covered.” Miss Martian confirmed.

~ Hey guys, here's the new chapter. Short, but ya know, I tried.

The next few chapters will be up very soon.

​​​​​​FANART CONTEST 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Okay everyone, this is our second Fanart Contest.

The first one didn't get any entries, and I really hope this one will.

The winner will get his/her art featured as the official image of the episode Homefront.

​​​​​The rest entries will be posted in the Official Fanart Book for this story.

So what's the prompt?

It's simple.

Just draw/create/edit Raven in a Gotham high school uniform, get her ready for her first day in high school.

Remember you can send your arts to me here:

On Instagram at rehobothmatthew

And on email at matthewrehoboth@gmail.com

What are you waiting for start drawing.

I can't wait to see your designs.

See you later.

Bye lovelies.

​​​​

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 3K 12
Failsafe, a seemingly harmless training exercise. That is, till Miss Martin's subconscious accidentally took control of it. Turning it into a traumat...
119K 2.4K 44
The Child of Superman A FemPercy Jackson story based around the idea that Percy was adopted by Clark when she was young. The story goes through her...
181K 5.7K 38
When The Day arrives for four young heroes, Stormwind, an unknown 13 year old superhero, wants nothing more than to find out how these heroes operat...
888 2 24
Melissa Wayne is a 14 year old girl originally from LA. Her uncle happens to be Billionaire playboy, Bruce Wayne. Which means her cousin (and best fr...