My Plant Girl || Neville x OC

By jamesmarchswifey

(14+) This is a Neville Longbottom fanfic. In it, he makes a friend called Naomi. There are a lot of things h... More

1. The train
2. New Beginnings
3. Hagrid's Lesson Gone Wrong
4. The Truth About Her Past
5. A Trip To Hogsmeade
6. Intruder
7. Pleasurable
8. The Kiss In The Library
9. The Howler
10. The Nightmare
11. Summer
12. Home?
13. Tournament
14. Unforgivable Curses
15. An Eventful Halloween
16. A Trip To The Hospital Wing
17. Running Away
18. Remus' Place
19. After The Party
20. The Second Task
21. Why Him?
23. Remus' Friend
24. Dolores Umbitch
25. Dumbledore's Army
26. Banned From Quidditch
27. Draco's Hamster
28. Christmas With Miles
29. Why don't you?
30. Confessions And Impressions
31. The Great Escape
32. Nice one, James!
33. Back Together
Discontinued

22. He's Back?

65 2 2
By jamesmarchswifey

(the pic is Miles)

-Neville's POV-

The last day of term (tomorrow) is when they are holding Cedric's funeral. Naomi hasn't spoken to me since the night it has happened and I'm really worried about her. Hermione says she hasn't spoken to her either. Fred and George have tried to talk to her and all she said was "Leave me alone". They said she sounded like she was crying as well. I've had enough of it thou. I know Naomi. She wouldn't want to be alone right now and that's exactly what we're doing. Merlin knows how upset she is right now and I'm not even there with her! I knocked on her door to let her know I was coming in before sitting on her bed. She was wrapped up in her blanket, staring at the wall.

"Naomi? Are you alright?"

"Go away."

"No, you know you don't want to be alone really"

"You're right.... I'm sorry"

"You don't have to be sorry, Love. I was just really worried about you."

I lay down in bed with her and scooped her into my arms. She started crying quietly so I hugged her tightly. She turned around and dug her face into my chest. I slowly ran my hand through her hair until she fell asleep. Shortly after, I did too.

--------------------------------------------

The next day, I woke up and Naomi had gone. I went down to the great hall to find her in between Fred and George. It looked as though they were sitting in an awkward silence. As if they had attempted to cheer her up but it hadn't worked.

"Hey Fred, hey George."

"Hey, Neville. Fred isn't talking"

"Why?"

"That's what I'd like to know too."

"Oh. Morning, Love. How are you today?"

She looked up at me with glassy eyes and just put her head back down to eat. Just then, a familiar boy walked in and started looking around the Gryffindor table. He spotted Fred and George then came over. No, it couldn't be. Miles!?

M: "Alright, fellas?"

F&G: "Miles!?"

M: "I'm real sorry I left. I went to Texas with my mother for a family trip."

Na: "Are you really back?...."

M: "Ye- Naomi, what's wrong?"

Ne: "Miles, can I talk to you outside for a sec?"

M: "'course Nev"

We walked out into the half busy corridor and I said very quietly.

"The Triwizard Tournament was held at Hogwarts this year. Cedric's name was puled out, along with Harry's. Now, Cedric and Naomi became really close over this year. Maybe even closer than I am to her, I don't know. Anyway, come the last task, everything was going great until..... Harry came back with the cup and....... Cedric's dead body."

"CEDRIC'S DEAD!?"

"Keep your voice down!"

"Cedric's dead!?"

"Yes and Naomi is VERY upset about it so keep your mouth shut!"

"Okay, sorry."

We walked back in and Naomi walked passed us. Miles then hesitated before following her out.

-Naomi's POV-

I felt someone's grip on my shoulder and looked to see who it was. Miles. 

"Miles?"

"Listen, Nomi. I'm so sorry I left. I didn't-"

"Just go away."

"No, you can't just push me away like that! Come on, you know you missed me."

"No. I didn't. Because I had Cedric and now he's gone. So don't think You can just stroll right in and make it seem like he isn't dead!"

"Nomi, I understand! My dad is gone! He left when I was three!"

"Just leave me alone, Miles."

"NO!"

"Miles, stop."

I was now being backed up into a wall and had my hands up defensively whilst shaking.

"I missed you, Nomi! Did you not miss me!?"

Miles then froze and put his hands up defensively. I looked behind him slowly and saw Draco with his wand held to the back of Miles's neck.

"Don't lay a hand on her, Cousins."

"Oh, shove off Malfoy, since when have you cared about her?"

"I don't. I'd just rather my friend not be harassed."

Draco took me to his dorm after he saw me shaking. He sat me down and kneeled in front of me.

"Naomi, I need you to calm down for me, okay?"

"Mhm"

"Alright, now look at me and just take deep breaths, you got it?"

"'kay"

"In and out"

After I calmed down, he reached under his bed and got a hamster out.

"Okay, this is Salazar. He helps me when I freak out. Do you wanna hold him?"

"Will he bite?"

"Maybe"

"Then yes."

"Here"

Draco handed me Salazar and he ran up my arm then sat on my shoulder. 

"I think he likes you, Nome"

"Nome?"

"New nickname."

"Oh, right."

"So, do you have all of your bags packed?"

"Yeah, they're all on the train."

"Done any new drawings?"

"How do you..... oh right, the diary"

"Yeah, I'm really sorry about that still. Hey, do you wanna sit with me on the train!?"

"What about Neville?"

"He has other friends. Come on, It'll be fun."

"Okay, fine"

After Cedric's assembly, we boarded the train. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped. He just said a few things about Cedric and then moved on to saying how much of a great student Harry is.

"Hey, Neville?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to sit with Draco."

"Oh, why?"

"He invited me to earlier and I didn't wanna be rude. I'll be back later though."

"Okay, love. I'll see you later I guess."

"Bye, love you!"

I kissed him on the lips and then hurried off to Draco's compartment. He was with Crabbe, Goyle and Pansy. I knocked and then Draco smiled at me and moved up before patting his seat for me to go next to him.

"Hey, Draco. Hi guys..... and girl"

P: "Ugh, who invited the Griff?"

D: "I did. And if you don't like her, feel free to leave."

C: "I'll stay, Naomi here, is one of the best wizards chess player I've ever seen."

G: "Did you guys hear? That Miles kid is back. You know the one in our year?"

D: "Yes, we know."

Na: "Yeah"

We talked for most of the train ride until Pansy left and sat with someone else. I ended up falling asleep on Draco's shoulder and woke up when I felt the train slow down. Oh shit, I told Nev that I'd be back. I quickly jumped up from my seat, said goodbye to Draco and ran to compartment 12. 

"Neville!? You here!?"

"There you are, I was worried"

"Oh Merlin, I'm so sorry!"

I said whilst quickly packing my stuff up. Fiore was perched upon Neville's lap so I scooped her up and kissed Nev's cheek before rushing out.

"I'll see you after summer!"

"Bye then...."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 1.1K 29
*•.~(Harry Potter x Fem! Reader) *** "Well," said Harry. "There's always Moaning Myrtle," Y/N laughed. "Like I said, you both have to grit your teeth...
80 3 14
Theodore Nott was used to being in the background, he preferred it really, saved him the unneeded attention. 8th year was much the same, save for har...
6.3K 162 21
Yep this is happening! Dramione fan fiction. please don't come for me thanks. I don't feel like writing an actual description so lets just move onto...
60.8K 1.5K 18
(Neville Longbottom Fanfic) Abigail Dright, known as Abby, certainly has a hard life being the only child of the notorious death eater Kint Dright. A...