Estaurine Specter||Ling Yao x...

By min_minpop

Estuarine: Relating to the part of a large river where it becomes wide and flows into the sea. This Story fol... More

Chapter 1: Childhood memories
Chapter 2: Your answer
Chapter 3: The Dream
Chapter 4: The State Test
Chapter 5: Pondering
Chapter 6: Passing by
Chapter 7: Metal or Mental?
Chapter 8: I..
Chapter 9: mmmmm Dinner
Chapt 10: Morning filler
Chapt 11: Code names
Chapt 12: The First Day
Chapt 13: City of Hersey
Chapt 14: Repairs
Chapt 15: The Fifth Laboratory
Chapt 16:Created Feelings
Chapt 18: Separate Destinations pt.2
Chapter 19: Depression Period
Chapter 20: Envoy from the East
Chapter 21: Footsteps of a Comrade-in-Arms
Chapter 22: Cold flame
Chapter 23: The arrogant palm of a small human
Chapter 24: Death of the Undying
Chapter 25: Backs in the distance
Chapter 26: Girl on the Battlefield
Chapter 27: Inside the belly
Update

Chapt 17: Separate Destinations pt. 1

94 6 1
By min_minpop

Starting to lowkey feel a bit unmotivated but imma try my best to write at least once a day. And if I do end up going on another hiatus, I'll probably have enough chapters written to take a short break. Anyways, this is Episode 10 Enjoy!!
-
Y/n's pov

I woke up from a really vivid dream about some guy named Ling Yao again. I'll have to study these odd occurrences but oh well. I stared around the room to see the Elric brothers awake and talking about what they should do next.

"Oh, Goodmorning y/n! You look well rested"

"You're too sweet Al, I do have a question for both of you though. Do you two happen to know anyone by the name of 'Ling Yao'? "

Ed concentrated while Al said he didn't know anyone by that name.

"It sounds like a foreign name, y/n. Why do you ask anyway?"

"I don't know.. I keep on seeing him in my dreams but he doesn't seem to give any more info other than his name. I'll investigate it once I'm home but I just wanted to ask."

"Cool, Al and I are planning on visiting our Teacher in Dublith, wanna come with?"

"I'd be down but the nurse told me I have to rest for at least 10-18 more days before I can do fieldwork again, maybe next time though! Thanks for the invite anyway"

"We'll let you know what we find out about the philosopher's stone once we come back"

A nurse came into the room with some medication and breakfast, I was advised to take painkillers every day until I finished the bottle. I'm surprised the hospital is letting me off early though. As time passed though, I couldn't shake the vivid dream. I never had the same lengthy conversation in the dreams like before but it was in a more reckless setting every time. I eventually dozed off without realizing.

-time skip

I woke up to a small gathering between Mr. Hughes, Major Armstrong, Ed, and Al discussing what went on in the fifth laboratory. Ed was holding up a notebook showing them a really bad drawing of a man and a woman with an X drawn over her. (Imma do a small experiment here, Ed is bolded, Major Armstrong is Italics, Hughes is Italics and Underlined , and Y/n is normal)

"So, I don't remember anything after this one kicked me."

"Guardians who were only souls, a precious sacrifice, and letting you live..."

"Uroboros Tattoos, a Philosipher's Transmutation Circle, and  Dr. Marcoh saying they usedStones in Ishval.."

"There are too many mysteries here for just a simple experiment."

"You're right, It's most likely a group of people. Not to mention the Fifth Laboratory was made into a pile of rubble after encountering them. They also mentioned letting edward off with a warning or something. I was also brought out by the same person when I'm not even a 'sacrifice'. .."

I took a sip of water while they all theorized whatever is going on in the investigation.

"If I root around the criminal lists at the court-martial office, something might turn up"

"I shall look into those who were working under Dr. Marcoh in researching the stone"

Someone knocked on the door three times before opening the door. Only to reveal Fuhrer Bradley. He excused himself for the intrusion, carrying a basket with a melon and another with raspberries  and strawberries. Everyone in the room was stunned with surprise. Even I was a Bit shocked by the unexpected visit. The Major and Lieutenant Colonel immediately saluted.(the Fuhrer will be bolded and in Italics)

"F-Fuhrer King Bradley!"

"Ah, keep your voice down. As you were."

"Your Excellency, what are you doing here?"

"What, you ask? Visiting sick friends, which one would you like Y/n?"

"I can take the berries. Thank you Fuhrer Bradley"

"Yeah, thanks..I mean!"

"I understand you've been checking up on the senior staff members, Major Armstrong."

"Sir? Um, uh, sir, How did you.."

"Don't underestimate my information network. And Edward Elric, Y/n L/n, The Philosopher's Stone?"

I could tell just by looking at Ed's posture, he was tense. The atmosphere in the room felt tense. I even felt a couple drops of sweat forming underneath my bandages.

"What have you found out? Depending on how much you two have learned.."

It stayed quiet for a couple of seconds before the Fuhrer chuckled, catching everyone in the room off guard.

"Just kidding, you dont need to get so defensive!"

"Huh?"

"I know there us some unrest among the ranks. I think that something must be done about it."

The fuhrer looked over to the small desk and saw the drawing of the two mystery people, the Uroboros tattoo, and many other pieces of papers relating to the Philosipher's Stone and the transmutation circle.

"Ah.. that's just,"

"A list of those who were researching the philosopher's stone. All of these men have gone missing."

"Sir"

"They disappeared several days before the Fifth Laboratory collapsed. The enemy is always a step ahead of us. And even with my information network, as it currently stands, I have no handle on the enemy's size, their objectives, or how far they're penetrated us."

"In other words, it's quite dangerous to be poking around. "

"Mhm, Lt. Colonel Hughes, Major Armstrong, Pura Aqua Alchemist, Elric Brothers, I've determined you all to be trustworthy. I will not permit you to stick your noses any further into this matter, nor speak of it to anyone! Under the present circumstances, when we can't tell friend from foe, you cannot trust anyone!consider everyone in the military to be the enemy and act discreetly! However..when the time comes I will have much work for you to do, see me once you're ready."

We all saluted the Fuhrer before hearing one of his guards from outside the door asking where he's been,

"Uh oh, my pesky subordinates have come after me. I secretly slipped out of work I, you see. Well, farewell!"

The fuhrer jumped out of the window while everyone looked at each other, puzzled by everything that went on. Winry soon came after, seeing everyone's confused and shocked, she asked what happened.

"Tornado passed by"

"Ah... I bought the tickets you need, the train tomorrow at noon is okay, right?"

"Yeah, thank you."

"My, you sure are on the go. You haven't even completely healed."

"You expect me to stay in this disinfectant-reeking place forever?"

"I don't know Ed, you did get pretty beat up.."

Ed glared at me in a joking manner while I smirked a little. Mr. Hughes looked over winry's shoulder to look at Ed's Tickets.

"Where are you going now? Dublith"

"Yeah, I talked it over with Al, and we're going to see our teacher."

Al's armor started shaking at the mere mention of their teacher.

"I sure am scared, Brother! I'm sure she's gonna kill us!"

"Don't chicken out, little brother! I'm scared too!"

"Who is this teacher of yours?"

"Still quite a distance beyond dublith."

"Where's that?"

I got up from my hospital bed and walked over to the little desk with the scattered papers and packets of info. I looked over the map and showed winry where Dublith is at,

"Let's see here.. right in the middle of the southern area"

Winry looked over the map and gasped. Everyone in the room was taken aback by her sudden scream. She put her finger slightly above the map to Rush valley.

"Look right there!!"

"Rush Valley?yeah, what about it?"

"What do you mean 'What about it'?! It's heaven on earth! The Holy land of Automail, Rush Valley! I've always wanted to go there! Take me! Take me! Take me! Take me!!!!"

"Go there on your own"

Winry and Edward started bickering again while I copied the notes from yesterday's discussion and theorizing. I'm glad i'll finally get some time to finally piece everything together. Hopefully, Mr Hughes Can let me know of any discoveries on the mystery between the philosopher's stone. Ed agreed to bringing Winry along for their trip down south. He seemed annoyed about it but what can you do.

-time skip

I started putting away my loose piece of papers and grabbed my medicine before heading out. I blew a kiss at both Al and Ed juet to get them a little flustered.

"Don't miss me too much Edward, I'll see you Elric brothers later!"

"Yeah yeah, let us know about any other discoveries y/n!"

I opened the door to let in Elicia and Gracia. Before bidding the boys goodbye.

"As long as you call first, you two don't seem to quite sit still, troublemakers"

"Haha very funny y/n"

"Come on Winry, let's go home"

It felt like ages ever since I got to walk outside in my regular clothes. Thankfully Gracia brought me a new pair so I wouldn't be in my dry blood drenched dress shirt. The hospital was roughly 2 or 4 blocks away from our apartment. Once we got home I took a shower, making sure to not make the water pressure damage my head. I changed into  a t-shirt and baggy tapered pants and  started piecing every page of evidence and theories to test on. Gracie knocked on the door to let me know dinner was ready.

"I'll be right there"

I took out a backup gift i kept in the hidden in one of the bigger drawers of my desk. It was a big teddy bear that had a voice box I made myself. I walked out of my room to see Gracia, winry, and Elicia at the dinner table.

"Before we eat dinner, there is something important I have to share. As you all know, I missed a certain someone's Third Birthday yesterday so! I have a little gift"

I pulled out the stuffed teddy bear for Elicia, I saw her eyes light up and without hesitation, she hugged me really tightly. I told her about the voice box inside the bear so I showed her a little button in its right arm. Once the button was pressed a muffled audio message followed seconds after

"I love you! Let's be friends!"

Elicia hugged the bear tightly and said,

"This is the best birthday present ever!"

She's so cute. We sat down and ate dinner, Gracia cooked meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, toasted garlic bread, and lemon garlic broccoli. Once diner was finished, I was washing the dishes when Winry came up to me with a couple of bowls and struck up a conversation

"Say.. y/n, what types of cases have you and Ed worked on?"

"Well.. do you wanna hear the ones assigned to us or the ones we did just bc we could?"

"Both, if you don't mind.."

I finished washing the plates, dried off my hands and poured myself a glass of water with ice in it.

"Well, there was the one pursuit with a vigilante alchemist. The criminal kept on going on and said 'you don't know what people you're serving. I'm just trying to save the country' and so on. Next was the Investigation at Liore. Basically, a priest was taking advantage of the people in Liore, lied to them and told them he was able to bring the dead back to life. Ed did most of the physical conflict with the priest while I investigated behind the scene. And then the last tag team pursuit was going into the Fifth Laboratory. Unfortunately, I was immediately knocked out and suffered from a concussion, I haven't mentioned it to anyone yet but, But if I keep on using ice as a main weapon, and or, course of attack, then I'll most likely need to get some sort of automail replacement because I keep on getting frostbite."

Winry's eyes widened in shock. She grabbed my hand, seeing all of the scars of previous attacks and my chipped nails. She stood up, grabbed her automail to-go kit grabbed a nail clipper and nail filer.

"So they've been in a lot of trouble, huh"

"Any criminal or sketchy operation that gets confronted by Ed and I is automatically shut down. We're quite the reputable pair"

Once windy finished filing my nails. I heard the door open and Elicia running towards the door.

"Papa! Look at what n/m got me!"

Elicia pressed the button and held the bear above her head. Mr. Hughes picked up Elicia and heard the voice message say,

"I love you! Let's be friends!"

"Y/n, did you make this for Elicia?"

"Yea"

"You are. You absolute genius, I'm so proud of you!"

Mr. Hughes opened one of his arms and let in a big hug. It made me tear up a bit, it felt like my childhood again. I never want it to end..

"Why'd you come home so early Mr. Hughes?"

"I gave sheska overtime. She'll be fine"

"Would it be possible if i could come with you to work?"

"You know I appreciate whenever you help around y/n but you're still hurt and I don't want you overworking yourself. I wouldn't want to cause anymore stress, kid"

Mr. Hughes put down Elicia and she ran off to Gracia and Winry for their evening tea party. Mr. Hughes sat on the couch, he seemed pretty set on his decision.

"I appreciate you caring about my wellbeing but Wouldn't it be helpful if I added my intellect in alchemy and the more alchemical aspect of the experiment? It wouldn't hurt anyone if you just got more help y'know?"

"Listen y/n, I get it. I know you want to help instead of sitting back and resting. But look at you.. You almost died N/n, I don't want to lose you over some investigation we're grasping for."

I knew he was right. I didn't want to push it but I just. I don't know. I nodded and left to my room. I walked over to my desk and stared at the pieces of paper. I grabbed a couple of old notebooks and other books that focused on health and practiced of water alchemy. I stayed up into the night working and studying.

-time skip

I woke up around 8am to eat breakfast with everyone.

"Alright, it's time for me to head out"

"Papa, are you coming home early today?"

"Hmmmm, im not sure. Papa has a lot of work to do, but I'll come home as soon as I can."

Mr. Hughes cupped Elicias face and quashed her cheeks.

"Are you sure you wouldn't want any help?"

"As sure as I can ever be y/n."

Mr. Hughes ruffled my head and brought both Elicia and I to a hug.

"Winry, you're leaving today, right? I won't be able to come see you off, so take care."

"Mr. Hughes, thanks so much for everything."

"Whenever you're in central, be sure to come visit us. Consider our home as your home. Also, give my regards to the guys, okay?"

"Right!"

"Papa! Work Hard!"

Once Mr. Hughes went to work, we all went to the train station to bid the Elric Brothers goodbye. It'll be boring without them around now.

"Give me a call once you've discovered something new, Edward"

"Will do, Let me know when you're good to travel again! Wouldn't want that genius head of yours to crack open again."

"Alright! Farewell!"

I waved at them as the train started slowly increasing in speed towards the south. Gracia, Elicia and I decided to head to a nearby restaurant for lunch.

"I can pay this time Gracia, besides, My treat since I'll be home!"

"Alright alright, just don't throw money around whenever you feel like it."

I nodded While taking a sip of the lemonade. Elicia ate some of the garlic bread we ordered while we waited for our main course.

"So what type of adventures have you gone on, sweetie?"

"I've gone to a church in the east and a couple of missions in central actually. I'm sorry about sneaking out though. Looking back on  it, you were probably worried sick. I visited my mechanic for about 2 weeks so I've just had extremely long breaks haha"

"Well, it's good to have you back home."

-time skip

We got home around 7pm after a shopping spree and dinner.I took my bags to the room and took out the new cargo pants, combat boots, and oversized button downs.I guess I should Study a little more, I'll probably ask Mr. Hughes if he found any details that can relate to the investigation. Hopefully he come early.

"Y/n? Could you be a dear and make some dinner for Maes?"

"Sure"

"Thank you sweetie"

I went to the kitchen after passing by Elicia playing with her new toys. I made Chorizo with potatoes and some of my homemade salsa verde. Once i finished making dinner for Mr. Hughes i prepared myself to apologize to Mr. Hughes for my behavior yesterday. So I waited..

And Waited...

And waited until i got a phone call. By then it was 12am.

"Is this the Hughes Residence?"

"Why, yes it is"

"I'm sorry to inform but Lieutenant Colonel Hughes was shot dead in Central Park"

"What happened?— no-"

I hung up the phone and grabbed the jacket closest next to me, I snatched my keys, wallet and my pocket watch. The tears flooded down my cheeks, the night felt so cold, the streets filled with drunk men with women clinging on to them. My legs kept on giving in to my grief but i kept going. I reached central part and saw a bloody phone booth with a corpse covered with a white sheet.

"Who the hell did it."

"I'm sorry miss you can't be here-"

"You are speaking to the Pura Aqua Alchemist! Who the Fuck did this to My Father!"

"Listen Aqua, we're trying our best to figure out the details and who—"

"What Bastard Decided to do this!"

My throat felt dry and raspy. I didn't realize it at the time but i was yelling at this point. I was yelling at the meek officer.

"Why does this always happen.."

My legs gave in to my grief, I crawled closer to the phone booth. I sat upright once i saw the white sheet. I saw the cold dead hand of Mr. Hughes..

"I'm sorry..... I'm so sorry.. Please tell me this is all just some stupid dream. You can't be dead. You cant be. You shouldn't be. I couldn't have lost you. Please tell me this is just some sick joke..."

My hands were shaking, I.. I can't think anymore.

-

I won't lie, I cried a bit writing this chapter, I couldn't make myself write anymore but here's your little treat. Just wait for the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 5.4K 45
Superfamily FLUFF!! I just love the characters and Superfamily so much, I just wanna hug them! Their will be some edgyness, but mainly fluff. I don't...
1.7K 112 57
"We used to be the dream team but now we're just a dream." Broken promise, Civil war. Something amiss, Five to four. A shattered heart, To fight or t...
2.1K 136 51
Hannah has been hiding her real identity for her whole life, but something has happen that force her to come out to the only family that she has left...
78K 4.4K 111
MARVELOUS cover by @desperauxx !!! In the aftermath of the slaughter of the Avengers, their children rise from the ashes to survive amidst villains a...