The Adopted Cullen

By GLH_Herondale

Dr. Cullen gets a phone call one day. There is a baby girl who is put up for adoption, but she's premature. T... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Help Me!!!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Important
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Advice
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
TWILIGHT
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
NEW MOON
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
ECLIPSE
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Update
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
BREAKING DAWN
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75

Chapter 10

10.9K 231 4
By GLH_Herondale

Edward's Pov

"Sam, Billy, Jacob, Paul, this is Gracelyn. Grace these are our visitors." I introduce to Grace. She looks at them then hides her head in my shoulder blade.

"Why don't you go say hi?" I whisper to her and she looks at me nervously. "Don't be nervous," I mumble and set her down. She walks forward, but holds my hand the whole time.

"Hi. I'm Grace. Would you like a cookie?" She whispers quietly. Our whole family laugh silently while the wolves look confused. Jacob bends down to her level and smiles. "Hey, kiddo. My name's Jacob, but you can call me Jake."

I growl lowly and he smirks at me. 'Jealous much bloodsucker?' he thinks to me and I tighten my hold on Grace. Grace smiles at Jacob and says, "Would you like a cookie, Jakie? There really good. Eddie likes cookies too!"

He laughs, "He does? Well, I guess I'll have to try one of these cookies." She grins and takes his hand. "Eddie let's get Jakie and his friends a cookie." I sigh as we walk into the kitchen. I grab the cookie jar and hand it to Grace. "Careful. Don't fall, Grace." I say and she grins, "I won't fall. I'm strong."

I smile at her, "I know." She giggles and walks to Jacob. "Here! Here's a cookie!"

Jacob gets one and over exaggerates when he says, "Your right! These are really good!" She giggle and runs into Carlisle's office.

"Jakie likes the cookie! Would you like one?" She asks Paul, Sam and Billy. Billy smiles and shakes his head, Sam says no thank you, and Paul just scoffs. I listen in on Grace's thoughts, 'I was just wondering if he wanted a cookie. Did I do something wrong?'

She looks down sadly and as I try and reach for her the mutt, Jacob, leans down to her level. "Don't worry about Paul, kiddo. He's always like that. You know what? I'll take Paul's cookie and eat it myself." She gives him a small smile and hands him another cookie.

"We can't eat all of them Jakie. Daddy says I have to eat real food, but cookies are my favorite."

Jake grins at her and pats her head, "I like cookies too." She smiles and runs to me.

"Eddie! Me, you, and Jakie like cookies!" I glare at Jacob, but reply with a smile, "That's good. Why don't you go put the cookie jar on the table. I think you've ate enough cookies for today." She grumbles, "I only had 10 cookies Eddie," as she walks back to the kitchen.

Esme comes up to me and scolds me, "You let her have ten cookies!"

I grin and shake my head, "She probably had more. We saw her sneaking some when we weren't looking. Alice has the picture to prove it." Esme sighs and rubs her head, like she has a headache.

"I can't leave you kids by yourself anymore."

Emmett jumps up and comes to our defense, "Hey! Nothing went wrong! So what if she ate almost all of the cookies, we made her eat her sandwich first!" Esme groans, but smiles. I look back and see the wolves talking with Carlisle, but Jacob is at the door watching Grace, so I listen in on his thoughts.

'She's adorable. I can't believe something so cute is being raised by leaches. She needs something normal in her life. None of this is normal. It's only a matter of time before she notices that they don't eat. I really like this kid. She's so sweet. I wish Paul would've been nicer to the sweetheart.'

Ok, he did have some truth to it, but we're keeping her with us for as long as we can. "Eddie! I need a tiny bit help!" I hear her call from the kitchen. I smile and walk towards her earning a glare and a hard stare from Jacob and I whisper as I pass him, "Jealous much, mutt?" He growls and I go into the kitchen to see Grace.

She is covered in cookie crumbs and the cookie jar is tilted over on top her head. I laugh and she shushes me. "Be quiet! The cookie jar slipped and I made a mess. We've got to clean it up before Mommy and Daddy sees!" I chuckle and put broken pieces of cookies in the jar.

I hear a light sound of a camera flash and see Alice taking photos. I roll my eyes and help clean Grace up.

She smiles and hugs me, "Thank you Eddie! Now they'll never know!" I chuckle and carry her back into the office. She waves at Jacob as she passes by, but still clings on to me. She jumps into Carlisle's arms and he laughs, "Why do you have cookie crumbs in your hair?" She gasps and looks at me.

"Ummm..... Eddie ate cookies and got it in my hair!" She says and points a finger at me.

I place a hand over my heart in mock hurt and gasp as the others laugh at us. "How dare you!" I say and come over and tickle her till she's giggling so hard she's screaming, "STOP EDDIE! STOP! EMMY!!"

Emmett comes over and throws her in the air, "Oh, so now your calling for me to save you? I thought you were telling me to stop this morning."

She grins and pulls on his nose. He smiles and acts like he's going to tickle her. She squeals and runs to Jasper. "Jazzy! Don't let Emmy and Eddie get me!"

He grins and picks her up, "Of course, darlin'. Don't worry, they won't tickle you." Grace smiles and hides behind him. I smile and wink at her and she giggles.

I start to head towards her, but I hear someone clear their throat. I turn and see Billy and Jake smiling, Sam looking uncomfortable, and Paul looking very irritated. "You can get back to your "family time" later. We need to discuss this matter now." Paul says and crosses his arms over his chest.

I growl, getting frustrated that he's ruining time we have to spend with Grace. "Edward. Take Grace upstairs. She needs to go to bed." I nod and go to Grace who has tears in her eyes. I wrap her in my arms, "What's wrong, princess?"

She hugs me tight, "We didn't have movie night. I ate all my broccoli, Eddie." I sigh and pull her close. "I know. It's getting late, so we'll do it tomorrow night. I promise."

She nods and hugs my neck. I sigh and look at Carlisle. He nods and thinks to me, 'We'll have to do something special for her.'

I nod, agreeing and go to take her up to bed. Jacob comes in front of us and puts a hand on Grace's arm. She looks up and he smiles. "I'm sorry we ruined your movie night. How about I bring you some of my friend Emily's cookies? Would that make it better?" She nods and smiles. She gives him a hug and he looks startled, but hugs her back.

"Thank you, Jakie. See you later." He smiles as she comes back into my arms. "Your welcome, kiddo. I'll see you later."

She nods and hugs my neck again, whispering I love you and goodnight to the family as she passes them. Esme follows us out the door and hugs Grace once more. "I'm sorry we didn't have your movie night. I promise, we'll make it up to you, baby girl."

She nods and kisses Esme's cheek. "Night, night Mama. I love you." Esme smiles and kisses her head, "I love you too, sweet pea. Have a good night's sleep. Sweet dreams."

She smiles and opens her arms for me to carry her. I gently lift her up and she clings on to me again. "Eddie?" She mumbles as I carry her up the stairs.

"Yes, princess?"

She snuggles closer to me and says sadly, "Can I stay in your room?"

I hug her close, "Sure, princess. How about this. I'll make you a fort on the couch and you can sleep there tonight." She nods, but I can still see tears in her eyes. "Will you stay with me?" I sigh and look away. I need to be downstairs to hear what the dogs are saying.

"Please, Eddie?"

I smile. I can't say no to her. "Ok, but I've got to go downstairs for a little bit. If you'll brush your teeth and get settled in I'll have someone tuck you in and I'll be there before you go to sleep." She nods and I make her a makeshift fort and kiss her head as she brushes her teeth.

I head downstairs and hear the conversation going on in the office. "She needs a human home. She shouldn't be here. Anything could go wrong." Jacob says and my family gets defensive.

"She is part of our family you mongrel! You have no say in this!" Rosalie says and Emmett has to hold her back.

  "Rosalie. Go see Grace. I told her someone would tuck her in before I came back up." She nods and storms out, Alice in her heels. I walk further into the room and stand ridged.

"I suggest you leave. You came to see her and now you did. No laws have been broken and none ever will. Thank you for stopping by, but you've made a little girl very upset for missing her party." They glare at me, but I don't back down. It's their fault she didn't get to watch her movie and snuggle with me and Emmett. She was so disappointed.

"We need to talk more about the conversation." Sam says, but Carlisle interrupts, "Later. A phone call might be a good warning next time as well." They nod and as they leave I hear Grace upstairs talking to Alice and Rosalie.

"Is Eddie coming? He said he would be back." I smile and make my way towards there when I hear Alice's high pitched voice exclaim, "He's coming now. Goodnight, sleeping beauty."

She giggles lightly and says goodnight to the girls. I walk in and they smile at me.

"Eddie? Is that you?" I smile and pick her up. Her body immediately curls into a ball on my chest and she holds me tight.

"Yes, princess. It's me. Go to sleep, angel."

She snuggles closer to me until her head is in the crook of my neck and she's holding on to one of my fingers. I smile and pull the blanket over her knowing she would get cold. I look down at the sleeping girl and smile. She truly is a wonderful gift to us all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 12.9K 45
γ€Œπ—”π—Ÿπ—œπ—©π—˜γ€β I dont understand these human emotions ❞ β–ͺ︎Synopsis β–ͺ︎ Zahra was oblivious to the world that existed out of the water. As the only off...
101K 2.2K 43
In which Bella wasn't Edward's true mate. Over a hundred years ago, Jasper had a friend in the army. When he suddenly disappeared, she resigned and w...
155K 3K 42
What if Bella had a little sister but she acted more of a mom to her then Renee, well meet Carlie Swan little sister of Bella Swan, but Renee is more...
241K 4.6K 23
Carlisle and Esme were out hunting when they heard a babies cry. Esme rushed towards the sound and saw a beautiful baby girl. Carlisle and Esme decid...