Back to Basics

By KaylaWoods289

"I need you" Natalia 'Nat' Thorton is a strong willed ranch owner. She runs the ranch her father left her alo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Finding Ground
Chapter 2: Protecting Her
Chapter 3: First Impressions
Chapter 4: Her Anchor
Chapter 5: Coffee
Chapter 6: Finding her Muse
Chapter 7: Reminiscing
Chapter 8: Radio Trouble
Chapter 9: Discoveries
Chapter 10: Sensual Touch
Chapter 11: I Turn to You
Chapter 12: Explanations
Chapter 13: Start of an Adventure
Chapter 14: Control
Chapter 15: Getting her Way
Chapter 16: Changing it Up
Chapter 17: Let Go
Chapter 18: Home
Chapter 19: Keith
Chapter 20: Finding her song
Chapter 21: Preview
Chapter 22: Julio & Naomi
Chapter 23: Bliss Before Stress
Chapter 24: Face the Music
Chapter 25: Thunder Rolls
Chapter 26: No Reception
Chapter 27:Coming Home
Chapter 28: All In
Chapter 29: Being Happy
Chapter 30: Mountains and Desires
Chapter 31: Good Morning
Chapter 32: Misunderstanding
Chapter 33: Turn on the Radio
Chapter 34: First Show Back
Chapter 35: All Mine
Chapter 36: Relocate
Chapter 37: Reflect
Chapter 38: Interview Gone Wrong
Chapter 39: Done
Chapter 40: Safely & Securely
Chapter 41: Resolve
Chapter 42: Goodbye
Chapter 43: Two More Weeks
Chapter 44: Outlaw and Storm
Chapter 45: Happy
Chapter 46: Daddy
Chapter 47: Welcome Home Princess
Chapter 48: Breaking the news
Chapter 49: My Happiness
Chapter 50: Bright Future
Chapter 51: Decisions
Chapter 53: Finally
Chapter 54: Back at It
Chapter 55: De Ja Vu
Chapter 56: Legends
Epilogue

Chapter 52: It's Time

3.2K 189 9
By KaylaWoods289

6 Months Later

Nat rubbed her swollen stomach while sitting on the back porch of her home. Her fingers doing gentle circles on her baby almost being able to envision the little bundle that was soon to be arriving. She was still unsure as to what the baby's gender was. She had decided as long as the baby was happy that she would be blessed regardless. Luckily Jackson agreed with her even though it was hard for Cass.

The godmother to be just wanted to buy as many things as she could for her godchild. She got infuriated that the doctor wouldn't tell her even as the godmother. Nat laughed hard that day when she told her about it. Apparently Cass made a trip to her doctor's office requesting the doctor who was highly amused but none the less would not give her the information. Jackson even chuckled at his client for her attempt.

"Where's my beautiful wife at?"

Nat turned to the side finding Jax's head peaking out the door. His eyes glancing down to her stomach as a beautiful smile lights up his face. Nat's heart melting at the sight of him. He has been nothing but an excellent boyfriend and as of a few days ago, husband.

Flashback

Nat went up behind Jackson's back placing her hands over his eyes. His phone that was to his ear was pulled slightly away before he pulled put it back quickly ending the call. He tossed the phone on the table near where he stood and brought his hands up to hers feeling the fingers covering his eyes.

"Is this my beautiful fiancé?"

Nat bit her lip trying to not grin even though he couldn't see her. That term always made her smile regardless of what emotion she may have been in previously. She got closer feeling her belly touching his back.

"Close your eyes." She slowly released her hands checking to make sure he listened. She quickly took the blindfold she had and placed it over his face.

"Woah"

She giggled but continued tying the knot on the back of his head before her hands slid from his shoulders down to his hand. She took one making him turn to her. He stumbled a few times not use to not having his sight. Nat wat tempted to laughing at the sight but was too nervous for what was outside to actually chuckle at his walking capabilities. She got him outside the door and took a deep breath.

"Love, where are you taking me?"

"Just a bit more.." She said slowly walking backwards directly in front of him. "Do you remember when we talked about the dream wedding you wanted to give to me?"

"Yes, you said a church wedding with all your friends and family." He says recalling the conversation.

"Well I was thinking maybe of something else.."

She stops making him stop as well. Jackson glances left to right trying to figure out where she had led him to and listens for any sounds. Nat slowly leans up wrapping her arms around his head before undoing the knot and pulling the fabric away. His beautiful blue eyes blinking rapidly before looking around.

They stood out in the middle of one the open fields. Surrounding them was Cass and Keith, Tate, and Jackson's aunt and uncle. Jackson looks around confused while everyone else was staring amused at him. "What..."

His voice trailed off as Nat took both of his hands into her own. His eyes snapping back down to her and realizing she was wearing a white dress. His eyes widening on their own accord. Everyone around them chuckled at his facial expression but Nat just grinned at him.

"I don't need anything fancy and certainly nothing extravagant... What I do need is for you to be my husband and for our families to be present."

"Love..." Jackson's voice sounding so gentle. His eyes never wavering from hers. Her thumbs rubbing the back of his hands as she continued smiling at him.

"Marry me Jax."

Flashback Ended

He slowly came over and sat down beside her with one arm behind her back and the other going to her hand already laying on her stomach. His hand caressing the balloon that is now her stomach. Both relishing in the moment as their eyes were on her stomach. Jackson unconsciously pulling her closer to his chest before he pecked the side of her head.

"How are you feeling?" he murmurs lowly with his lips still touching her head.

She hums in response closing her eyes enjoying his gentle caress. The evening sky illuminated with hues of pink and orange as the sun descends behind the mountains. The sounds of the horses can be heard near by leaving Nat in a state of bliss. Jackson begins humming a gentle tune as he has done frequently lately. The baby kicked when Jackson did it the first time and now he does it out of habit. A familiar shove in her stomach making her giggle gently along with Jackson who grins while continuing to hum. His hand feeling the response.

"I swear our baby loves you more..." Nat whispers rubbing her hand up and down her stomach.

He chuckles leaning down to kiss her neck. Her head leaning back enjoying the touch. However the moment is short lived as a sharp pain makes her contract forward. Jackson quickly going to gather her. "Nat, what-"

She sucks in a deep breath but a sudden wetness down her legs makes both of them go wide eyed as realization hits them. Jackson gets up as his mind races a mile a minute. Nat reaches out for his hand which he gives while reaching for his phone.

"Damn Jackson, we just left you guys.. are you-"

"Cassie the baby is coming"

The other end goes silent instantly before she curses and the call ends. Jackson puts his phone away knowing she will be up here any minute. Nat continues to grip his hand as he walks her through the house. He was happy that they packed the go bag a few days ago. Getting close to the front door, it burst open with a wild eye blonde looking in with the elder sibling in tow.

"Nat?"

Nat just nods her head in confirmation. Cass grabs her sandals near the door going to lean down in front of Nat helping her put each one on. Keith directly goes to the nursery they recently finished grabbing the bag. Nat thanks Cass trying to breathe through the pressure she was feeling as Jackson takes her to the door. Cass directly behind her. Jackson realizes she won't be able to lower herself into his car and goes to the truck instead. He helps her up as Keith comes out of the house. He and Cass quickly climbing into his truck and following Jackson as he flies down the driveway. His hand clutching Nat's as she continues to squeeze it for strength.

"Keep breathing love"

Nat just nods taking the deep breaths she was told to take to loosen the tension. It didn't take them long to arrive at the hospital before Jackson jumps out and runs to her side yanking the door open. Rather than letting her down, he lifts her up and carries her into the hospital not carrying for the eyes on them. A nurse notices and quickly rushes forward with a wheelchair for him. He sits Nat down as the nurse directs to them registration.

"Where is she?"

"Here Cass" Nat says grinding her teeth. 

A moment later she feels her friend and brother standing behind her as she answers the receptionist questions. It didn't take too long thankfully before she was given a bracelet and directed to double doors leading back to the delivery area.

"Wait wait wait..." Nat stops the nurse with Jackson already holding her hand. Taking a deep inhale she turns to Cass. Cass instantly comes over leaning down to her so they are eye level. Nat takes her hand holding it tight. "I love you sis."

Cass felt herself practically turn to goo as her eyes swelled up. A beaming smile taking over her face as she leaned over to kiss Nat's cheek. "I love you more sis."

Nat released her hand taking another deep breath before nodding to the nurse. Cass stepped back immediately feeling Keith's hands on her shoulders. She couldn't believe how unbelievably happy she was in that moment. Her sister was giving birth to her godchild. The man she loved with everything she had was with her. 

Keith feeling her emotions wrapped his arms around her shoulders giving her an embrace from behind. His princess' head immediately falling back onto his broad chest. "You good Princess?"

A light chuckle escaping her, "Perfect."

Nat on the other hand was gritting her teeth as yet another contraction ripped through her. Jackson's hand being the only outlet source who was taking it like a champ. The doctor comes into the room. 

"Alright Ms. Thornton-"

"Mrs. Fillmore!" Nat states loudly after having to repeat herself multiple times. Jackson had to bite his lip to stop from laughing but was thrilled none the less. His free hand gently rubbing the hair away from her face. 

"Sorry Mrs. Fillmore, let's go with Natalia.." Nat gives a jerky head nod as the doctor rolls up her seat to her. Lifting the blanket Jackson just leans over kissing the side of Talia's head. "Alright Natalia, it looks like you are about 6 cm dilated. We have a few more to go. I was informed you didn't want the epidural, is that correct?"

"YES" She yells out feeling her stomach yet again tighten. Jackson had tried to convince her otherwise but lost the argument the moment she said 'I'm pushing this baby out, not you.'

The doctor puts down the blanket standing up placing a knee on her patting it gently. "I'll be back soon to check in."

Jackson gives a head nod while Nat tries to relax releasing a deep breath. She knew that this could take some time but was praying she wouldn't be one of those cases. Gentle kisses to her temple helping her to forget the pain momentarily. 

"I love you baby."

Nat smiles tenderly closing her eyes at his soothing tone. "I love you too and I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what love?"

"For anything I may say while giving birth, I promise you now that I don't mean any of it."

Jackson just chuckles kissing her head again. 

It was only a short while later that she made good on her promise. Curses flying out of her mouth as she began to push. Jackson not really listening to anything but catching a few phrases such as 'I'm never having sex with you again' and 'I'm going to kill you.' His hand had lost all blood flow about an hour ago and has went numb. It was minimal pain to what his wife was going through so he stayed silent. After 6 hours of excruciating pain, Natalia found herself screaming out the final push followed by a wail of cries from her newborn. 

"Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Fillmore, it's a girl."

Jackson was an amazement while Nat cried relaxing against back of the bed. The nurses and doctor finishing cleaning her and the baby up before bringing the little bundle back to them. Nat was half way asleep but wouldn't miss this for the world. Their baby was handed to her wrapped up and now silent. Natalia began to cry while Jackson just wrapped his arms around her and the baby allowing her to cry it out. He whispers soft words of praise into her ear as his eyes remained locked on their little girl. 

"Do we have a name for her?"

Jackson nods his head glancing up at the doctor momentarily, "Rose Cassandra Fillmore."

The doctor nods, "We will give you a few minutes before I have one of the nurses move you guys to one of the rooms."

Both nod their heads giving a small thank you to her before she and her team exit the room leaving the new parents alone momentarily. Both looking down at their sleeping beauty. Nat lifts her arms gently and Jackson takes her gently cuddling her to his chest. His hand coming up to rub her chubby cheeks while Nat watches on with tired eyes. 

"You did so good love."

"We did good." Nat says feeling her eyes droop shut. 

Jackson sees her exhaustion has finally caught up to her. He walks over slowly careful to not jostle the baby to kiss her forehead. "Sleep baby."

A few minutes later, the nurse comes in and helps roll a sleeping Nat to their room while Jackson walks beside the bed still holding his little miracle. After getting settled, the nurse says she will inform the family. It took less than three minutes before a sleepy Cass and Keith came into the room. It was now almost 1 in the morning since they arrived. 

Cassie's hands going up to cover her mouth as she looked onto Jackson and her godchild. She walked over to him and he looked to her, "Welcome Rose Cassandra Fillmore."

Cassie gasp looking up at him before looking back down at her beautiful niece. Tears now slipping from her eyes. She softly whispers, "That's a beautiful name."

Jackson takes the opportunity to sit next to Nat who is still completely out. He lifts her head placing his arm behind her. Nat's body instantly coiling to his side as it normally does. Keith going to the opposite side of the bed kissing his sister's head. Cassie goes over sitting down on the couch where Keith joins her. The couple looking down at their niece with so much love. Cass glances up at her sleeping sister. 

She gave her my name...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 92 33
It's tobacco cutting time again in the vast fields of Hudson County, Georgia, USA, and 14-yr-old Katie Morgan is sick of it. With burning temperature...
513 9 50
Carolina goes home to her family ranch in Texas for the summer from college. She is expecting a fairly peaceful summer minus her daily arguments with...
2.6K 334 32
Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life couldn't get any better; minus the guy she wa...
657K 20.5K 54
Everything was going perfect for Bailey Grant. A life in Nashville, a hit music career, an upcoming international tour. She thought that nothing co...