Her sweet girl

By Sirsell

On one of those incredibly cold December days, where you just want to get home, curl up under a blanket with... More

The story of us
Cast
Aesthetics
Epigraph
Prologue
Under a streetlight
Barefoot in the kitchen
Peter losing Wendy
Gotta call my friends
The best day
Car ride home
These pretty things
Evertime you smile, I smile
Sweet dreams of holly and ribbon
To you everything is funny
There's glitter on the floor
You go to class
Out of the woods
What a marvelous time
It's miserable and magical, oh yeah
Just stay this little
Boy, I fancy you
And now I love high tea
Soon enough you're best friends
...Ready for it?
It feels like a perfect night
With a big cake, happy birthday
Things that only Carolina will ever know
I dont need your closure
IMPORTANT
Hey

Staring at the sunset

1.8K 31 6
By Sirsell

Taylor P.o.V.
June 2017

It's been almost six months since I adopted Emilie and in those six months so much happened.

Emilie and I had managed to do all the school work she had been missing out on and so after the summer she'll be able to study first grade level.

I worked on my next album and when I was at the study my little girl would just come with waiting for me to finish.

Most of the time she was just reading or draw but for two of my songs I asked her to help, what she absolutely loved.
She was so proud to help me with my job that I wanted to do this with her for the rest of my life.

And about two weeks ago Emilies first tooth fell out. When it happened she was so scared, because she thought it would never grow back, but when I told her that it was normal and that she'd now the tooth fairy would come she stopped crying.

"Tay look." I looked at where my little girl was sitting. "I can put the straw in my tooth gap." She said giggling and showed me how she could drink her apple juice with the straw between her teeth.

"You're a funny little girl." I said smiling at the tiny blonde.During the past few months Emilie had gotten so much more comfortable around me and other people. She wasn't as scared of introducing herself anymore and could easily be alone with someone she knew in a room.

Her adorable little personality started to come out more and more everyday. She wasn't scared to ask a bunch of questions when she didn't get something and she wouldn't stop asking till she got all of the details.

"Emilie. I got a surprise for you." I told her and her big blue eyes widened as she looked around. "Where is it?" I smiled at her excitement.

"Well that's for you to find out. I got a clue for you. Think you're ready for a little mystery?" She nodded and her smile seemed so much bigger than before.

That was another thing ever since my mom brought over my old Nancy Drew books and we started reading Emilie was constantly looking for mysteries and things to discover. She always had been an inquisitive kid but now that she decided to be a girl detective like Nancy she questioned everything, what I thought was absolutely adorable.
"Okay. You need to find a really cold place in our apartment." Her eyes looked around and she was clearly thinking about what this could mean, till she saw the refrigerator.

She jumped up and ran to open it. Inside she found a brown envelope.
"Look I found it." She sat down at the table and opened the envelope. Inside was a yellow W and a note.

"A place to go around the globe." She read out and looked at me, before her face showed realization. I heard her little footsteps on the stairs before she came back with the next envelope.
"It's a purple I." She said putting it next to the W.

"This one's easy." She put down the note and walked to where Meredith and Olivias pillow was. Walking back she held the next envelope in her hands.
"What's inside baby?" I asked, eventhough I already knew it.

"Uhm an orange A and another note. I have to find a place to colour the sky." She had sat down and was thinking about the note.

"We colored a sky on my first lesson." She suddenly exclaimed and I nodded.
"Where did we do that?" I asked her, she was already walking towards the stairs.

"The roof now come on." I laughed at her antics and followed her so she could go on the roof.

I had put the envelope inside a little flower pot so now on the roof Emilie was running around looking for it, before jumping up and down with the envelope in hands.

Back in the kitchen she opened it and pulled out a blue I and the next note.
"A really hot place." Maybe this one was a little to hard cause she checked our fireplace and our space heaters before looking at me.

"I don't get it." She said her little blue eyes looked so sad. "Do you want a hint?" She nodded."Sometimes little unicorns or men walk out of there." She giggled and now with the hint she got it cause she walked to the oven and pulled it out.

"Another A but this one is green." She said before looking at the note.
"Baby this is the last clue." I told her and she nodded.

She smiled after reading the note and climbed onto the couch. I watched as she moved the cushions and pillows before she finally held up the last envelope.

"What is W-I-A-I-A-H supposed to mean?" She asked me after laying the red H from the last letter on the table.
"It's a different order. Do you see pattern?" She looked at the letters and then beamed at me.

"It's like the rainbow. Red. Orange. Yellow. Green. Blue. Purple." While speaking she ordered the letters new.
"Good job. You're so smart." I praised making

her giving me a huge toothy smile, that looked absolutely adorable cause she was missing one of her front teeth.
"What does it spell out?" I asked to get her back on track.

"Hawaii." Her eyes widened in mix of excitement and disbelief. "Are we going to Hawaii?" She asked and I nodded making her squeal and jump into my arms.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." I smiled at her before setting her on my hip and shushing the toddler a bit. Not that I didn't like her happiness or her excitement but we had a lot of things to do to catch our flight.

"Baby. We gotta pack your bags so we can fly don't you think?" She nodded and smiled at me, so while I packed all the important things, like clothes and hygiene stuff, Emilie packed a small backpack for the flight itself with some toys and coloring books, books.

My bags were already packed so three hours later we got into our car and drove to the airport.

"Miss Swift. There's no way for you to avoid the paparazzi and fans with Emilie, but the personal of the airport will help us to get you to the room you stay in till you board safely. They'll also help with your luggage and we'll stay with you until you board the plane as the last two persons." Mike, one of the four bodyguards we had with us today, told me. I nodded.

Ever since Emilie came into my life I avoided going into the public as good as possible, so Emilie had only like four or five incidents with paparazzi or bug mens like she decided to call them. When I asked her why she explained that with their cameras they have big eyes like bugs and they are annoying like bugs, so the word kinda stocked around.

"Emilie. Their will be a lot of people." "Bug men?" She asked and I nodded. "Remember what we do?" "You'll pick me up and I'll be in your arm the whole way and I'll hide my face in your neck." I nodded.

"Baby I'm getting out of the car now. Can you please unbuckle your seat belt and get your backpack on your Back?" She nodded so I gave her a last kiss on her hair before opening my door and getting into the spotlight.

Immediately the yelling started and I knew that this one of those experiences you just want to forget. While my bodyguards started to block the people from coming to close and the airport personal got our luggage from the trunk I walked around the car and opened Emilies door.

"Come here baby." I opened my arms and smiled at her. She clung to my both of her arms wrapped around my neck and her face hid in my neck. I stood up and looked at my bodyguards. He nodded and we started walking towards the security check.

"Taylor look over here."

"Do you have new music coming?"

"What is the name of the girl?"

"Is she yours and Jakes?"

I rolled my eyes internally. Really? Would I hide my own kid away for so long? But I kinda did. I still had to give details about her out. The world new I had a kid. I had told them that I had a daughter now over Instagram, but I didn't tell them her story, her age or her name.

"Little girl look up. We want to see your face." Somebody yelled and I immediately checked on Emilie, who was still hiding her face like I told her.
"Miss Swift there's the security check." Mike told me. Thank God. I entered the room where the security check would happen, luckily for me we had asked for it to be private so nobody but the airport personal, my security and us was there.

"Emilie you can let go now." I told her and set her down. "Did I do good? I hid my face the whole way." I smiled at her and nodded. "You did great baby." She beamed at me, before she looked around.

"What's happening?" "When you fly you have to go through security checks, to make sure nobody can bring dangerous things on the plane." I explained and handed my bag to one of the airport guys.

"Can you give this nice lady your backpack. She'll give it back to you." I told her and she nodded and handed it over.

After the two workers checked our bags they checked both of us. Me first and then Emilie so she'd know it's not bad.
"Miss Swift. If you follow us please." Another worker said.

"Thank you so much." I quickly said while picking Emilie up again. He lead us to a small room with a TV and some couches, where we were supposed to wait for our flight. Mike and Jason, the other security guard coming with us sat down on one of the small couches.

"Sit down baby. Do you want a juice?" I asked the toddler and she nodded. "Yes please." I smiled and went to the small refrigerator in the corner and picked the juice, a water for me up.

"Guys. Do you want something?" "Water would be nice. Thank you." I smiled and handed the two man Water bottles, before sitting down next to Emilie.

"There you go." "Thank you." She took a few sips from the bottle before looking at me. "How long do we wait here?"
"Uhm around 90 minutes." I told her. The boarding would start in 70 minutes but we were the last persons to be board so probably around 90 minutes.

"How long is that?" I thought about it as I heard my bodyguards chuckle. Of course she would ask, as she was so little, she didn't have a fully developed sense of time.

"Around one movie." She nodded before leaning against me."Can we watch one?" I smiled and Mike turned on the TV and switched to the kids channel. I gave him a thankful smile which he returned.

During our waiting time Emilie was getting sleepy, but that was alright considering it was nearing 8pm. I had decided to fly over night, as the flight was around 11 hours long and if Emilie slept most of the time she wouldn't get bored. That was also the reason I booked first class for us and two for the men accompanying us.

"Miss Swift, the boarding is almost complete. If you would follow us please." A worker of the airport came in. I smiled and picked Emilie up again. She immediately snuggled into me and for a short second I was worried she'd fall asleep on the way but when we finally got to our seats she was still awake.

"Do you want to sit at the window?" She nodded excitedly and climbed to the seat near the window. "It's so big." She said looking at me and it was. The chairs in first class were bigger than the ones in the back and they had a lot more space for the legs. But the best thing was they could be converted to a bed so as soon as we had something to eat I could put Emilie to sleep.

Our bodyguards were sitting in front of us but since there was so much space a little further away. The only other passengers in this area were two men in their late forties that were looking at me and Emilie weirdly.

"Sit down baby. We're gonna start driving soon." She nodded and leaned back in her seat. "See this sign?" I showed her the lights that showed us to buckle us in. "If the light is on you have to buckle yourself in." She nodded and I helped her to buckle herself in. The screens in front of us turned on and showed the safety instructions.

Flying with a child for the first time was a little scary, considering that now if something happened I had to look after her as well and be calm to take care of my girl, but at the same time it was exciting, because I was able to share such amazing experiences with her.

"We're moving." Emilie suddenly whispered to me and I looked outside she was right we were rolling down the runway.

"Now we are going really fast." She looked at me, her big blue eyes showed how scared she was.

"Baby. Don't worry it's gonna be fine. Nothing bad will happen." She nodded, but still seemed scared, so I took her hand and held it.

"We're in the air." She suddenly exclaimed, making me and my bodyguards chuckle, while the other two men seemed annoyed.

"Yeah we are." I continued to hold her hand while we watched New York getting smaller and smaller. Half an hour later the stewardess came to bring us our drinks while the food was made.
Since we were first class we had three courses, what totally fascinated my baby girl.

"Why so much?" She asked me and I laughed at her. "Cause it's a three course menu. A salad as first course. Then a main course and then dessert. I mean we have dessert all the time don't we?" She giggled and nodded before climbing onto my lap.

"Can I sit here until the dinner comes?" I nodded and pulled her closer. "I'd like that very much." I answered and she smiled cuddling into my chest.

"You know it's getting late. So after dinner you go straight to bed." I told her and she looked up.

"What bed?" "I can show you a magic trick after dinner. I can turn your chair into a really cozy bed for you and Lulu." Her little eyes were sparkling and her smile was so big that for a short moment I forgot how much she had been through already.

I heard Mike chuckle in front of me and looked up at him he was looking at us while Jason was watching a movie.
"A magic trick?" He asked and Emilie looked at me and then him.

"Yeah a magic trick." I answered giving him a death stare. "Taylor knows Santa so she has to know magic too." Emilie said to him like it was the most obvious thing in the world, making him smile.
"She does? I'm sorry I didn't know. Now of course she knows magic. Silly me." Emilie nodded satisfied leaning back into me.

She couldn't see Mike but I could, because he gave me a smile, one of those 'You're totally whipped for this kid' smiles. But it was so true. Emilie was the most important thing in my life now and I would never let myself mess this up.

"Look baby our food comes." I told her and pointed to the lady that brought our food. Emilie climbed back to her seat and I put both of our tables down so that the stewardess could put the first course down.

"Thanks." Emilie said and I gave the woman a smile. The first course was a Snap Pea, Cucumber, Avocado, Jicama, Gem Lettuce Sesame Brittle Salad with Chile Lime Vinaigrette. I watched as Emilie tried it. I had told her to try it and if she didn't like it she wouldn't have to eat it but she eat like half of it before she stopped.

"Otherwise I'm not hungry for the main." She said. The main was Glazed Chicken Thighs with Roasted Tomatoes and Leeks with Fingerling Potatoes. Something both Emilie and I enjoyed so we finished most of it, with Emilie stealing me some potatoes while took some of her tomatoes.

For dessert we had a chocolate cake which Emilie, of course, loved and as she was finished with in seconds she looked at me to have mine as well making me laugh.

"You want mine as well?" She nodded her eyes even bigger than usual.
"There you go baby." Her smile returned. "Thank you Tay." I smiled back and watched her happily eating the little chocolate cake.

I heard one of the mans say something about a spoiled brat but I decided to ignore it. "Now let's get you to sleep." I pushed the button for the privacy screen on my seat to make sure the other passengers wouldn't see us anymore.

Emilie was clapping her hands a little showing her surprise but when I pressed the next button and her seat moved into a bed she almost squealed in excitement. I quickly pushed my button as well so that now we had one big bed.

"Look there are clouds." Emilie said looking outside and I nodded smiling.
"Yeah but remember we gotta sleep now baby." She nodded and leaned back.

I pressed the button for a stewardess and she came pretty fast. "Can we have the bedding? I know it's still early but want her to go to bed." The woman nodded smiling and returned a few minutes later with bedding for me and Emilie.

"Thank you so much." "Good night." She wished us and Emilie waved back at her.

I put a pillow on her side and then went through her back and pulled Lulu out.
While Emilie got comfortable under her blanket I got ready for the night as well.
"Good night Tay. Love you." Emilie mumbled and I smiled.

"Good night Emilie. I love you too." Her little eyelids fluttered and I watched her fall asleep.

I curled myself up close to her and watched my adorable little baby girl sleep. Watching her made me sleepy as well, so after a while I feel asleep with my baby curled up into my side.

The next time I woke up Emilie was still asleep she was still curled into my side fast asleep. I took a look at the screen which showed me it was almost half past seven in the morning indicating that we only had like one and a half hour left of the flight.

One of the stewardesses walked by and I quickly took the chance to ask her if and when breakfast will be served so I'd wake up Emilie in time.

"Around twenty minutes for first class." She answered and gave me a smile I smiled back before moving Emilie so she was laying on my lap. "You're daughter is adorable." The lady said and I smiled.

"Yeah she is. I might be biased but to me she's the most adorable little girl that there ever was." The woman laughed slightly.

"I think the same about my little boy. He's almost six now. I can't believe he'll start school after the summer is over." I laughed a bit as well.

"Yeah I get it. I homeschool her, because of my job and we decided to start with first grade level after the summer eventhough she'll only turn in five in August." I said stroking her hair.
The woman laughed and I smiled back at her.

"It's crazy how fast the time goes by. My eldest turned ten recently and he is now so independent. He's like no I don't need help. Double digits." She smiled a sad smile and some how I could feel her pain. The thought of Emilie not needing me to take care of her anymore and being the incredibly independent and smart young woman she will become one day was both filled with love and pride but also sadness and anxiety, what this big bad world might do to her.

"I hope Em won't be that way. We're pretty close. So maybe I have chances." I gave her a small wink and she laughed again. This time making my girl stir on my lap.

"Tay?" "Hey baby did you sleep well?" She nodded and rubbed her eyes while sitting up.

The woman gave her a smile before leaving us to give us some privacy.
"Cuddles?" She asked and I nodded smiling. I leaned back and Emilie curled up in my arms until people started carrying stuff in the hallway.
I quickly pressed the buttons to return into sitting position where Emilie and then got our breakfast. Cheddar Scrambled Eggs with Sausage and Roasted Potatoes. Emilie seemed to enjoy it so that was good. In general I thought traveling with her would be alot harder, but just like always she's a little angel.

After breakfast we packed our few things together before cuddling again.
For the last hour I was sitting on Emilies seat with her on my lap and together we watched the outside go by.
"We're getting closer to the ground." Emilie said and looked scared. She was sitting alone again, because we both needed to be buckled in.

"Don't worry they know what they do." And than we made contact with the ground. Emilie gasped for as she saw how fast we were, but quickly relaxed after seeing how quickly we lost on drive.

The plane came to a stand and we waited. Since we were first class we were allowed to leave first, so my bodyguards and I got ready while Emilie looked outside. The Airport here in Honolulu was smaller so we got to baggage claim pretty fast.

"Can I sit on those?" Emilie pointed at the baggage conveyer belt."It's like a carousel." She giggled and I laughed at her carefreeness.

"No. Those are only for the bags. You're not a bag and what if someone mistakes you for their bag." She giggled and kissed my check, making my heart flutter and my smile widen.

In the car Emilie was looking outside the whole way. We drove around 25 minutes before we stopped at the house I booked for Emilie and me. It was big enough so that the man could have stayed here as well, but they both had family here, which was the reason why the agreed to come with in first place and were thrilled to come. We made the deal that they'd stay with family and spend time with them and that I'd call if we go out.

"It's pretty." Emilie said and I smiled down at the little girl. Inside the house was just as pretty as from the outside.
We walked into a living area that continued to the right side of the house. On the right side was also an absolutely beautiful kitchen, the main living area, with a piano and of course a bathroom.
Left were the three bedrooms. The master with an own bathroom while the other two shared one.

Most of the furniture was wooden and the deco was pretty simple put still it was really pretty.

"Miss Swift. We'll be on our way now." Mike said and I gave him a smile.
"Thank you so much for coming with us." I told them and the two just smiled before walking to their car and driving away.

Emilie had chosen one of the bedrooms to be hers and put her toy bag on the bed. "What are we gonna do now?" She asked slightly bouncing up and down.
"I need to unpack our bags first." I told her and she nodded.

Being the sweet little girl she was she helped me unpacking so about forty minutes later we had unpacked everything and were ready to go have fun.

"We could swim in the pool." I offered and Emilie nodded excitedly. "Let's see which bathing suit you want to wear."
"The mermaid one." She answered and I helped her getting it out of the drawers.

"Can you get ready by yourself?" "Yes." She answered. "Alright I'm in my room getting ready." Emilie nodded and stated to dress herself in her bathing suit. Five minutes later, I was putting my hair back into a ponytail, it knocked.

Emilie was standing there in a turquoise long sleeved two piece bathing suit. The bathing suit had a scale optic with lila, pink scales.
"I'm ready." She said and I smiled at the adorable toddler.

"Then let's go." Emilie followed me to the backyard. I was carrying two towels and swimmies. Emilie was basically jumping up and down when she saw the pool, but she stayed at my side till I've put all of the things on the deck chairs.

Together the two of us entered the pool and immediately Emilie clung to me.
"Baby girl. What's up?" I asked holding her to my chest. "Can't swim." She mumbled into me and I smiled at that, this was one of the few firsts I could enjoy with Emilie.

"That's something we can change." I told her and set her down on the side of the pool, before climbing out and getting the swimmies.

"See we'll put this on your arms and then you'll be able to float." I was standing in front of her in the water putting on the swimmies.

"There we go." I pulled her back on my hip, so she was in the water. "Now here we are at the shallow end, so you can stand yourself." I explained to her and she immediately let go of me and stood up herself.

Emilie and I played in the shallow end of the water for awhile, till I was pretty sure that she felt comfortable in the water.

"Do you want me to show you how to swim?" She nodded and I moved her closer to the edge of the pool. "Hold onto the edge baby." She did as I told her. I showed her how to move her legs.

"Now this way you'll move your legs. Can you practice this for a bit?" She nodded and did as I showed her, moving her legs in a frog like motion.
She had practiced the movement for awhile, until I decided that it was time for lunch.

"Let's go inside and eat something." I told Emilie picking her up and she nodded. "Yeah. 'M hungry." She told me and I smiled at her. I wrapped her up in a towel, before wrapping myself in a towel.

In the kitchen was some food so I just made a quick cheese sandwich for the two of us while Emilie watched me.
I sat down across from her and set each one of us a plate on the table.
"Thank you so much." She said and I smiled at her. She quickly finished her food and waited for me to finish.

"Can we go swimming again?" She asked and I nodded smiling."Of course. If you aren't too tired." Emilies little head went from one side to the other making her little pigtails fly around.

"No I'm not tired at all." She exclaimed.
"Alright then we can go swimming. Let's just clean up." Emilie nodded and started cleaning up.

Back in the pool I showed her how to move her arms. I held her by her tummy and watched as she moved her arms.

"Do you want to try move arms and legs together?" "Yeah Tay." She started to synchronize her movements.

"Your doing a great job baby. Do you want to swim from this edge to me? The water is shallow and I'll be right here to catch you." Emilie nodded excitedly and I made sure she held onto the edge, before I moved three steps back and opened my arms.

Emilie let go of the edge and stated moving in a swimming motion, just like I had shown her.

She managed to move forward and hold herself up over water, but whole doing so the water around her splashed a lot.

When she reached me I picked her up and put her back on my hip. "Good job." I praised giving her a kiss on the cheek, making her giggle.

"Thank you for teaching me." She said and wrapped her little arms around me.

"Can I try to swim back?" I nodded and let go of her so she could swim back to the edge.

"I made it." She said after pulling herself up on the edge abit.
For the reminder of the afternoon I let her practice her swimming, what went quite well.

Everytime she managed a distance back and forth I stepped back one more step making the difference a little bigger.
By the end of the evening I stepped to the side.

"You think you're ready to swim all the way from one of the sides to the other?"
We were still in the shallow end and she'd only swim the width of the pool, around 15 feet.

"I want to try." She said her face showed nothing but excitement.
Her face showed nothing but pure concentration for the task laying ahead of her.

She pushed herself from the wall and started to swim towards the other side. After practicing the whole day she didn't splash up as much water as she did in the beginning.

She manged to do almost three quarters before I thought she was to tired for today, but she pulled through and managed to get to the other side. Before she looked at me with a tired gaze.

"I did it." She exclaimed smiling at me.
"Yeah I'm so proud of you." I said picking her up and setting her down on my hip to give her a kiss on the cheek.
She laughed and smiled. "Baby girl why don't we make something to eat outside and watch the sunset."

"Yes can we do this please?" She answered. I nodded, a smile making it's way onto my face because I could see her eyes sparkle in excitement and joy. "Alright let's go inside." I picked her up and wrapped her in a big towel.

"We need to shower first." In the bathroom I showed her the shower but the handles where to high so there was no way she'd be able to shower alone and there was no bathtub. "Baby girl are you okay with us showering together?" She nodded and we showered together.

"So all finished, let's get you dressed in some nice clothes." Emilie nodded and got herself dressed in a pretty summer dress. It was dark blue with little sunflowers, while I dressed in a blonde and a jeans.

"Can we make spaghetti?" Emilie asked and I nodded. "Sure." In the kitchen we started making the spaghetti Emilie had asked for.

"We need cheese." Emilie said clapping her hands excitedly and I nodded. "Do you think you can grate the cheese?" She nodded and I handed her the cheese and the grater.

So while Emilie happily hummed and grated the cheese I made Tomato Sauce.
"I'm done." She handed the small bowl of grated cheese to me and I put it on the small tray we would take outside with us.

Ten minutes later we had set up the table and were happily eating dinner while watching the sun set on the ocean.

"It's so pretty." She said and I smiled nodding at her. "It's like there's two suns and everything is in red and gold." She continued.

"It's really beautiful." I agreed but my eyes were on the little girl in front of me. Her blonde hair was open and in the light of the setting sun it looked a little reddish. Her big blue eyes were staring at the sunset.
----------------------
5443 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 1.9K 52
When Taylor swift and Joe Alwyn struggle with being able to conceive a child, they resort to adopting a 15 year old teenager. Everything seems to be...
33K 1.5K 92
Sam takes on her college years and hits a few bumps along the way. Selena and Sam are working through the college phase and are keeping up their rela...
50.6K 1.8K 40
When Taylor meets Isabella, she finds a bubbly and bright girl trapped in the foster care system. When Bella faces trouble, Taylor is the only one wh...
104K 4.6K 31
Taylor Swift just got out of a seven year relationship - it was time to go, she knew it in her bones, but still... her pillows were stained with tear...