Overlord: The Prince of Death

Oleh GamingLichdom

During the early years of Ainz Ooal Gown, the guild managed to obtain the World-Level item known as ouroboros... Lebih Banyak

Prologue: Ouroboros
Prologue: Tashimī
Chapter 1: The New World
Chapter 2: Introductions
Chapter 3: Carne Village, Part 1
Update: New Fanfiction
Chapter 5: The Prince Vs The Pleiades, Part 1
Hazbin Hotel/Helluva Boss Fanfiction
Chapter 6: The Prince Vs The Pleiades, Part 2
Bonus Chapter #1: Tashimī's True Form (Character Sheet)
That's A Lot of Views!
Chapter 7: Another Day in Nazarick
Chapter 8: Adventurers

Chapter 4: Carne Village, Part 2

3.6K 90 5
Oleh GamingLichdom

(Warning: Only read this fanfiction after reading the light novels and/or watching the anime. I do NOT own Overlord, I'm just a fan writing a story.)

(A/N: Video by 'Zero MS'.)

"Text" - Character speaking

Text - Thoughts

[Text] - Spell/Item/Skill

(~~Text~~) - A shift in time/location/POV

Tashimī had just saved the two girls, Enri and Nemu Emmot, who were attacked within the expansive forest that stood south of Carne Village, and was planning to lend his aid to the unfortunate villagers being slaughtered by the false knights in glistening armour.

However, as Tashimī approached the village, he was suddenly bombarded by a myriad of [message] spells, each one releasing an ear-shattering screech once the Dark Prince responded to their calls. The first one to speak was his father, who was conflicted by the strange cries that permeated from his spell.

Momonga: "Tashimī, you must come back at once!"

Tashimī: "I apologise, father, but the threat has not been dealt with. However, I shall return shortly after I confront these worthless humans and-"

Before Tashimī could finish giving his response to Momonga, he suddenly heard an unbearable screech from another message spell he forgot he'd answered, and quickly recognised the booming cries as none other than the beautiful succubus, Albedo.

Albedo: "PLEASE COME BACK!!"

Tashimī: "Calm down, Albedo! I'll deal with the knights then come straight back, I promise."

As Albedo was preparing to berate the Dark Prince with a bombardment of pleads and prayers, Tashimī disconnected the [message] spell with the succubus and returned to the conversation he was previously having with Momonga.

However, he heard his father release a meek sigh before responding to his son, his voice clearly laced with worry and defeat as he was quite aware that his son would not return until he saved the village.

Momonga: "*Sigh*...alright son, I'll await your return."

Tashimī: "Of course, father."

Ending the [message] spell with his father, Tashimī continued into the small villager, the people screaming as the armoured knights continued to massacre them. However, some knights quickly noticed the draped skeleton approaching the village, and they turned their swords towards him in fearful retaliation of his presence.

Knight: "I-it's an undead!"

Knight: "W-what is it d-doing here?"

However, as the knights continued to question Tashimī's presence, the Dark Prince suddenly vanished before reappearing behind them. Bewildered by the undead's amazing speed, the group of knights called towards their comrades, only to see that Tashimī had reduced them to a useless pile of cracked bone and torn muscle.

Fearful for their own lives, a large group of knights quickly dispersed from their formation in a desperate attempt to escape the mysterious undead's wrath. However, they too fell to the ground in an abundance of pain as Tashimī once again rushed towards them with immense speed, crushing their heads into mush and tore through their brain matter.

As the remaining knights continued to watch the onslaught, they began to shake in fear before a random knight suddenly berated them with orders. This knight just so happened to be a Noble, one of the higher-class citizens within the country, by the name of Belius.

Belius: "W-W-WHAT ARE YOU KNIGHTS DOING! HURRY UP AND TAKE DOWN THAT MONSTER!"

Knights: "B-but sir, we don't stand a chance against-"

Belius: "I DON'T CARE! HURRY UP AND STAND IN FRONT OF ME! BE MY SHIELD!"

The knights didn't dare to move in defence of such a foolish Noble; he wanted to throw their lives away as if they were worthless animals, and they hated him for it. However, the knights wouldn't have to wait long to watch Belius suffer, as Tashimī suddenly appeared before the avaricious Noble with his hand grasping towards him.

Belius: "W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? G-G-GET AWAY FROM ME!!"

Tashimī: "Using others to face the consequences of YOUR actions...How pathetic."

Before Belius could continue begging for his life, his entire body suddenly exploded into a pile of blood and broken bones, surprising the armoured knights that began to step away from the Dark Prince in hopes of surviving his wrath.

Sadly, however, Tashimī had no intentions to spare them from death, and proceeded to violently murder every single knight within the village with a feeling of joy and exhilaration. Once he had slaughtered the knights, Tashimī began to approach the remaining villagers within Carne Village, hoping to use them to gain information about the surrounding area of Nazarick.

Tashimī: "Greetings, humans. I am Tashimī; The Dark Prince."

In response to Tashimī's introduction, an old man slowly walked out from the small group of villagers, approaching the draped skeleton with a cautious look upon his face. Tashimī assumed that this was the village chief, as he seemed to be the oldest of the villagers within the small group.

Village Chief: "T-thank you for saving us, Sir Tashimī. If you hadn't come to save us, we would most likely be dead. I am the chief of Carne Village."

Tashimī: "Of course, village chief, I was happy to lend a hand."

Village Chief: "Of course. Would you like to continue our talk in my home?"

(~~20 minutes later~~)

Tashimī had spent the entire conversation with the villager chief gaining information about the new world they had been transported to, hoping to find more information that could gain the approval of his father and prove his usefulness. 

During his discussion with the village chief, Tashimī had learned about three nations within the new world. These nations included the Re-Estize Kingdom, Baharuth Empire, and the Slane Theocracy.

From the information the Dark Prince was given, he discovered that Re-Estize Kingdom and the Baharuth Empire were on bad terms, and held a yearly war on a cursed land known as Katze Plains. Tashimī thought this information would be extremely valuable for Nazarick, as it would allow them to use the nations later on in their plans.

Additionally, Tashimī had also learned that YGGDRASIL's currency was useless in the new world, as only the gold itself would hold any value in trade. However, regardless of the coins value, the material it was made out of was roughly twice as valuable as the new world's gold, which the Dark Prince thought would need to be addressed with his father.

However, before Tashimī could question the village chief further, a random villager suddenly forced the door open, sweating profusely as he began to desperately intake the air into his feeble lungs. Tashimī could only assume that something worrying had happened, and he quickly stood up before the villager continued.

Villager: "Chief, there is a group of mysterious knights approaching!"

Village Chief: "What? Do you know what nation they originate from."

Village: "They appear to be from the Re-Estize kingdom, village chief."

Before the village chief could continue, Tashimī raised his hand in the air to gain the two humans' attention. As the two looked upon the Dark Prince's form, he quickly reassured them by offering to deal with the knights.

Offering their thanks, the two humans led Tashimī out of the house and towards the knights, waiting beside the draped skeleton in hopes of protection from any danger they may pose towards the village. However, as the two villagers noticed the man leading the group, they began to relax and compose themselves.

Tashimī saw the group of knights approaching, watching intently as the man in front stopped a few metres away from himself and the two humans who accompanied him. Of course, as Tashimī expected, the knights instantly raised their weapons upon seeing the undead standing before them.

However, before they could attack him and waste their lives, Tashimī decided to introduce himself with the hope of staying on good terms with the humans. The knights merely stood wide-eyes as they heard the mysterious undead speak.

Tashimī: "Greetings humans. I am Tashimī; The Dark Prince."

The soldiers merely stood in place, a look of confusion and terror edged into their flesh-ridden faces. However, the large man in front slowly lifted himself from his horse, walking towards the undead with immense caution.

Finally, the mysterious human spoke, introducing himself to Tashimī and the two villagers standing beside him. The draped skeleton found it interesting that the human was not nearly as scared as the rest, which made him admire the man for his courage.

Gazef: "Greetings, undead. I am Gazef Stronoff, Warrior Captain of Re-Estize Kingdom. I was sent to prevent local villages from being attacked by rouge knights. May I ask why this undead is standing beside you?"

Village Chief: "Of course, Warrior Captain. This is Sir Tashimī, an undead who saved our village from the knights."

Gazef: "What?"

Tashimī stood in complete silence as he analysed the Warrior Captain, watching as he raised his hands towards him in a gesture of friendship. From what Tashimī understood, Gazef Stronoff was hoping to maintain a positive relationship with the Dark Prince, causing him to reach out and take the Warrior Captain's hand in affirmation.

Gazef: "Sir Tashimī, I am thankfully that you saved this village. However, I am curious as to why."

Tashimī: "I don't like it when the strong prey on the weak, especially when they have no justifiable reason to."

Before Gazef could respond to Tashimī's words, one of the Warrior Captain's soldiers quickly raced towards them, keeping a cautious glare aimed towards the draped skeleton, before informing Gazef of the group of soldiers surrounding the northern side of the village.

Releasing a heavy sigh, Gazef turned his attention back towards Tashimī, who continued to stare ominously into the Warrior Captain's soul as he awaited his response. However, Tashimī did not expect what Gazef asked him next.

Gazef: "Sir Tashimī, I would like to hire you. Name your price and I'll ensure that you are compensated."

Tashimī: "I must respectably decline, Warrior Captain. However, I shall continue to protect this village against those mysterious soldiers in your absence."

Gazef: "I-I...thank you, Sir Tashimī."

Tashimī: "Of course, Warrior Captain. Now you better hurry; those soldiers aren't going to stand idle forever, and are most likely planning to slaughter these villagers."

Gazef: "I see. In that case, I shall take my leave."

Offering one last nod to the Warrior Captain, the Dark Prince watched as Gazef mounted his horse once more and rode towards the mysterious people who were waiting for him at the end of the village. With his own men following close behind, Gazef released a battle cry before engaging with the enemy in a fierce battle.

(~~20 minutes later~~)

Tashimī watched the battle between the Warrior Captain and the group of soldiers, who he had learned were called the Sunlight Scripture from the conversation they had with Gazef, waiting for the right moment to intervene and save the brave warrior from the Theocracy soldiers. 

Finally, as the leader of the Sunlight Scripture ordered his men to kill Gazef, Tashimī used his magic to instantly teleport in front of the Warrior Captain, causing the angel summons to instantly turn to flickering lights as they could not withstand the Dark Prince's aura of death.

The entire scripture, and even the Warrior Captain, were left utterly speechless at the draped undead's immense power and authority. However, they refused to give the Dark Prince the satisfaction of seeing their fear and dread, and prepared to destroy the monster before them.

Tashimī: "Gazef, are you alright?"

Gazef: "Y-yes, Sir Tashimī."

Tashimī: "Good. I suggest you take a couple steps back and protect yourself."

???: "W-who the hell are you!?"

In response to the arrogant human's question, Tashimī turned his head away from Gazef and stared directly into the blonde man's eyes. The strange man flinched at the sight of the horrifying undead that mysteriously manifested before their eyes, awaiting the strange undead to answer his question.

However, the response he received from Tashimī caused him to back away in fear. The other casters of the Sunlight Scripture noticed their leader backing away from the draped skeleton in an alarming state of fear, and quickly joined him in his futile attempt to escape the undead's wrath.

Finally, Tashimī offered them a response, resulting in a cold chill running down their spines due to the ominous threat that protruded from the Dark Prince's fleshless jaw.

Tashimī: "It doesn't matter what I tell you; you're all going to die anyway."

???: "Y-you what!?"

Tashimī: "Who are you, some sort of important person?"

Nigun: "I am Nigun Grid Luin, commander of the Sunlight Scripture. I demand that you show me the proper respect, you pathetic undead!!"

Gazef instantly froze in pure terror; he couldn't believe that Nigun could be foolish enough to directly insult such a powerful being, and was worried that Tashimī may take his anger out on both the Sunlight Scripture and the innocent villagers.

However, the Warrior Captain's fears were instantly negated as Tashimī responded to Nigun's foolishness with great posture and placidity. Gazef was thankful to be in the presence of such a kind-hearted undead.

Tashimī: "You are quite arrogant, Sir Luin. Are you perhaps under the illusion that you can defeat me? If so, I'm afraid I may have to correct you on the matter."

Nigun: "You dare..."

Preventing himself from finishing his own sentence, Nigun swiftly raised his hand towards Tashimī in a dramatic fashion before ordering his soldiers to summon a group of low-level angels to kill Tashimī.

However, as the new summons reached the dark prince, Tashimī suddenly released a stronger aura than before and obliterated the entire horde of angels. The entire Sunlight Scripture stood wide-eyed at the sudden disappearance of their forces, and began to panic at the thought of a single undead being able to overpower their scripture.

Soldier: "H-how! It's impossible!!"

Soldier: "Oh Gods, help us!!"

Soldier: "T-t-this cant b-be happening..."

Tashimī: "Are you worthless insects done yet? It is imperative that I return home as quickly as possible."

The entire scripture was terrified; the mysterious undead before them, who had just obliterated their entire horde of summons, was most likely planning to finish them off. However, their hopes of victory instantly returned as they witnessed Nigun remove a large blue crystal from his robes.

Nigun: "Everyone, protect me! I shall summon the highest level angel!!"

Soldiers: "Yes, Sir Nigun!!"

However, sensing the potential danger of allowing Nigun to use such an item, the Dark Prince chose to obliterate Nigun before he could release the creature held within the summoning crystal. 

Quickly raising his hand towards Nigun, Tashimī released a 5th tier spell from the palm of his hand, emanating a blinding light that blinded the members of the Sunlight Scripture, as well as the Warrior Captain who remained to witness the Dark Prince's power. 

However, no one could ever hope to predict what immense magical power the Prince of Death held within his immortal form, as he finally chanted the name of the spell that continued to expand within his hand, emanating the mysterious light even further.

Tashimī: "[5th tier magic: Light Beam]!"

Within mere moments, a monstrous-sized beam of pure plasma was shot towards the Nigun before expanding into a 20-metre cone that proceeded to envelope the entire Sunlight Scripture, except for a small group of three casters that were just out of reach for the spell to effect them.

The remaining scripture members, as well as the Warrior Captain, were left speechless at the amazing spectacle created by the draped skeleton before them. However, the casters of the Sunlight Scripture began to piss themselves in fear of the god-like being that stood before them, and quickly rushed towards the forest in a desperate attempt to escape the Dark Prince.

Sadly, however, Tashimī simply raised his hands towards the small group of casters, releasing a mysterious black substance that proceeded to impale them through their rib cage, instantly penetrating their hearts and causing them to go limp.

Gazef stood wide-eyed at Tashimī's lack of empathy towards the members of the Sunlight Scripture; though they were guilt of many crimes against Re-Estize Kingdom, they were just soldiers following orders.

Tashimī: "Are you okay, Sir Stronoff? Your skin is quite pale."

Gazef: "O-of course, Sir Tashimī. I thank you for being concerned for my physical health."

Suddenly, Tashimī turned away from Gazef and proceeded to walk away, seemingly towards an empty forest with very little civilisation. Confused by the undead's actions, the Warrior Captain decided to enquire Tashimī about his choice of direction.

Gazef: "U-um Sir Tashimī, may I ask where you are going?"

Tashimī: "Oh yes! I am returning home, Warrior Captain."

Choosing not to question the Prince of Death any further, Gazef allowed the undead to leave without another word, watching as his saviour continued to walk towards the forest line and roam through the darkness of the night.

Finally, once Tashimī had vanished from sight, Gazef turned away from the forest and advanced towards Carne Village. However, he still couldn't believe that and undead such as Tashimī would be able to defeat the Sunlight Scripture, to save humans no less.

The Warrior Captain began to reconsider his views towards the undead, and wondered if there were more undead who were similar to Tashimī; monsters who held a desire to preserve the many races of the living whilst also protecting them from the many forces of evil within the world.

Gazef: I shall never forget you, Sir Tashimī...

[End of Chapter...]

A/N: I'm sorry this chapter took so long. I was having trouble writing this chapter and wanted to get past the slower parts of the story. However, I was also reading through my 'Overlord: God of Catastrophe' fanfiction searching for any errors whilst typing out the chapters.

Anyway, the next chapter will in fact be for my 'Overlord: God of Catastrophe' fanfiction, and then I will proceed to plan the next chapter for this story. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and please check out my other fanfictions in the mean time.

See you all soon! :)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.5K 56 12
Before the Shutdown, Momonga finds a Secret Boss who drops a Mysterious Item. But when he fuses it with the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, he creates an It...
19K 409 19
Momonga has a son named (Y/N) IRL. He took care of him ever since his GF died while in child birth. When his son was 10 Momonga showed him a DMMO-RPG...
2.6K 117 6
Having shown up in a techno hellscape of night city, Ainz Ooal Gown explores the world in hopes of finding nazerick. As he was making a temporary hom...
43.6K 1.5K 19
Ainz Ooal Gown lived a prosperous life filled with glory and victory. However, one night, when he was sitting on his throne, his vision suddenly went...