Blind Swimmer

Sonu2314 tarafından

Percy Jackson is the beloved star swimmer of Goode High. The school's football team and Percy's swimming succ... Daha Fazla

Synopsis + Introduction
Chapter 1: Water
Chapter 2: Headache
Chapter 3: Darkness
Chapter 4: Hot Wheels
Chapter 5: All Alone
Chapter 6: Chiron
Chapter 7: Walking Stick
Chapter 8: School
Chapter 9: Pool
Chapter 11: Losing
Chapter 12: Revelation
Chapter 13: Swimfan
Chapter 14: Blonde
Chapter 15: Panic
Chapter 16: Opposition
Chapter 17: Trust
Chapter 18: Blue
Chapter 19: Heat
Chapter 20: Dance
Chapter 21: Touch
Chapter 22: Push & Pull
Chapter 23: Resolution
Chapter 24: Gratitude
Chapter 25: Blindness
THANKS + NEW STORY

Chapter 10: Football

2.3K 50 21
Sonu2314 tarafından

Percy POV

When you're blind, you rely on two senses in particular: touch and hearing. 

However, hearing flew out the window as I sat on the stands at the football game. Jason was the quarterback, and the players from both teams were already warming up on the field. The team that my high school was facing today should be an easy win. 

Honestly, I felt uncomfortable with all the noise. People were screaming, and music was playing loudly. 

I loved parties and games, but this was all too overwhelming right now. 

"Percy, are you okay, man?" Frank asked. 

He was the one that guided me towards our place in the stands. There was no way, even with the walking stick, that I would've smoothly made it to my seat.

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks Frank," I said firmly. 

"Really, you don't seem too comfortable," Frank said. 

"I'm good, Frank. Just gotta get used to the noise and people," I said. 

"Don't worry, Percy. We'll narrate what's happening in the game. Although, the announcer will probably follow the game as well," Frank said reassuringly. 

"Sounds good. Wait, where's everyone else?" I asked. 

"We're right next to you, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth exclaimed over the music. 

I practically jumped in the air. Her voice came from my left, and I hadn't even heard my friends pull up. It was so loud that I couldn't rely on my sense of hearing for anything. 

Fortunately, the speaker system at our football field was loud. 

"Don't scare me like that," I exclaimed. "You practically gave me a heart attack, Wise Girl."

I could hear her laughing as she sat down next to me. It was so crowded on the stands that our sides were pressing against each other. 

I didn't mind the close proximity to Annabeth. 

"Sorry about that, Percy," Hazel said cheerfully. She was probably sitting next to Frank, but that was still pretty close. 

Everyone knew that Frank and Hazel had a thing for each other. Of course, they both were too shy to act on it. They're gonna need help. 

I laughed at how sweet Hazel was. "It's no big deal, Hazel." 

"So, Percy, how was your first week of school? I hope that it wasn't too bad," Thalia said. I knew that everyone was awaiting my response. 

"It was actually pretty good, guys. You all helped so much," I said. 

I was so thankful for my friends for everything they did throughout the week. I spent the most time with my friends. A few friends that I had before weren't the same with me anymore, but these guys were. I appreciated it so much. 

The game started pretty soon. The announcer narrated the entire game, so even though I couldn't watch, I was able to follow. 

Almost everyone started leaving at the same time after the game was over. Our team won the game, 17-3. 

"All right, Percy, just follow me," Annabeth said seriously. 

She took my arm and started to guide me out of the stands. There were a lot of people, and I felt like a rag doll being pushed around. 

"Annabeth, maybe, we should wait until it clears up," I said nervously. 

"Seaweed Brain, if we wait, we'll be stuck in the parking lot for like an hour," Annabeth said. She did have a point. 

Also, she was treating me like any other person, and I liked that.

"Don't worry, Seaweed Brain. I got you," she said softly. 

I trusted her completely. 

***

We safely, yet quickly, made it to the parking lot. I stumbled a few times, but Annabeth and Frank were there to support me. 

It was like walking blind, and someone else was guiding you. I pretty much didn't even use my walking stick until we got to the parking lot. 

My walking stick was bouncing side-to-side as I walked. I was walking with my friends because I listening to their voices. 

Eventually, I stick bumped into another person's foot on accident. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I said quickly. 

"Percy," her voice acknowledged softly. I knew that voice. 

"Rachel?" I asked cautiously. 

I could hear the cheer squad talking and laughing in a large group. Rachel was one of the head cheerleaders, so it made sense that she was here. 

"Hello, Percy. You look good," she said awkwardly. 

"You, um, probably look good, too," I said. 

I could practically imagine how she looked in her cheer uniform. I've seen it many times. I've even seen her in her uniform during more intimate experiences considering we dated. 

"Anyway, I gotta go, Rachel," I said firmly. 

"Percy, wait. I wanted to say that I'm sorry about what happened," she said boldly. 

I stayed silent. I didn't really know what to say. 

"What, Rachel? Are you sorry about Percy losing his vision or you breaking up with him only because he's blind?" Thalia asked sharply. 

Thalia was always the person to have your back. 

"This is between me and Percy," Rachel snapped back. 

"It's fine, Thalia," I said. "I'll meet you at the car." 

"Okay, Percy. The car is about 10 yards forward and 5 yards right. You got it?" Annabeth asked with concern. 

"Yeah, thanks," I said. 

I could hear my friends walking away towards Frank's car. 

"So, Rachel, answer the question," I said firmly. Honestly, Rachel hurt me a lot. Yet, I didn't really expect anything different. 

"Can you blame me, Percy? You're blind, and I can't date a blind person," she said angrily. 

"I'm still the same guy, Rachel," I said softly. 

"I'm a teenage cheerleader in high school. My life has much more to offer without having a relationship with a blind person," she said before pausing. 

"I'm sorry if that hurts, Percy, but do you really think that someone will get in a relationship with you right now? No one deserves that," Rachel finished. 

I simply stayed silent as my body weighed heavily. 

Honestly, each word she said stung inside, yet there was also truth in them. I could get back to my life as much as I wanted to, but some things will always be different now. 

"We broke up, Rachel. I don't really need any apologies from you," I told her. 

With that, I left her and made my way to Frank's car using my walking stick. About 10 strides forward and 5 strides to the right. I got in the car sadly. 

I was pretty moody for the rest of the night, and my friends thankfully didn't bother me too much about it. 

Regardless, going out for pizza with my friends (Jason, Piper, and Leo joined us at the Pizzaria later) wasn't as fun as it could be. 

Rachel's words buzzed around my mind all night. 

***

"Hey, mom," I said softly and sadly. 

I was standing at her bedroom door. Paul and my mom were reading a novel aloud together in their bedroom. 

My hand was on the door frame. The touch from my hands was all I need to navigate around my home because I was familiar with it. At home, I didn't need the walking stick. 

"Hey, Percy, you're back. How was the game?" my mom asked brightly. 

I went forward slowly until my hand met their bed. I sat down gently on my mom's side of the bed. My head was facing towards the wall rather than towards my parents. 

"Percy, is everything all right?" Paul asked. 

"I don't know," I said softly. The words were choking in my throat. 

"Percy," my mom said softly. 

I heard the sheets shuffling. I felt my mom lean forward to sit closer to me. Her hand rested against my arm for reassurance. 

"Mom, I feel like some things just cannot get back to normal. There are things that I cannot do or have because I'm blind," I said. 

"Percy, you can gain anything you want," Paul said softly. 

"No, I can't. There are some things that I don't deserve any more," I said emotionally. 

"Honey, that's not true. Just because you're blind doesn't make you less deserving," my mom said softly as she hugged. 

I hugged her back firmly as the tears broke through my eyes. 

I was okay, but I wasn't confident that a few things could be normal ever again. 

One, I couldn't swim and compete anymore because I couldn't see. Two, Rachel was right about having a loving and romantic relationship with me. Maybe I deserved a relationship, but no girl deserved to have a blind guy for a boyfriend. 

I believed that they deserved better. They deserved the best, always. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all are enjoying this story. Percy is getting back to living, but there will always be backlash. Some people in this world simply won't understand you, which certainly makes it difficult. However, the goal is to understand yourself and put aside the negative buzz around you. 

Thanks, everyone for all the love you guys are giving all of my stories.

PLEASE,  PLEASE,  PLEASE:  READ  +  VOTE  +  SHARE  +  COMMENT  +  FOLLOW

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

13.1M 435K 41
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...
89.4K 3.4K 59
"you had a dream about me?" "it was a prophecy, dont get too cocky" "did i look really handsome and talented?" "no" created by gracieloveslana
29.9K 874 21
The odds are definitely not in Flint Green's favour when he is reaped to compete in the biggest Hunger Games for 150 years.
43.7K 1K 11
Lucas just broke up with Riley and Riley started going out with farkle,Lucas and riley had arranged a trip to Texas to visit lucas family but now Ril...