Don't Leave Me

By uffthatshot

"Stand up.", he said to me. "What?", I asked confused. "STAND UP.", he ordered slightly aggressive. I quickly... More

Before you begin
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Authors note
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Authors note
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue
Important authors note
Bonus chapter- long+smutty
New covers

Chapter 24

29.2K 597 142
By uffthatshot

Back to Emilys POV

The past week was horrible. I missed Matteo so freaking much. It may sound stupid because after all I did see him every day but it wasn't the same. We didn't spend a lot of time together and I just wanted him to hold me and talk about literally anything. He knows a lot about me but I don't know much about him.

I busied myself with reading some Wattpad books, drawing and enjoying the flower garden and sea. I even planted some new flowers. Black roses to be precise. There was something about the color black that I loved. Especially black roses are unique and look amazing. Red ones are beautiful too. They are just classic.

Other than that Pietro, Raffael and Cristian came by. Not together. They always showed up alone and I had the feeling that Matteo told them to visit me because he didn't want me to feel alone. Pietro always mentioned that I have to join him, Sofie and Lukas for dinner and I agreed to go there on Friday. Raffael and I spend most time baking or cooking something. He was very grateful for me showing him new recipes.

And Cristian told me great news. Amy will move to Italy in a month. They still keep in touch and he even flew back to New York to visit her. Cristian is madly in love and is planning every detail for the move. Spending time with the three men was nice. I finally feel like I have friends that care about me, besides Amy of course.

Today I decided to bake a chocolate cake. Cristian told me it always has been Matteos favorite and I thought it would be a good idea to surprise him with that after work. He won't be home for dinner so at least he can have a dessert. Yes, I also thought this way we would have more time together. Let's face it I am selfish sometimes.

I was still in the kitchen cleaning everything that I used when I heard his car pull up. Quickly I dried my hands and hid behind a corner waiting for him to arrive and scare him. Matteo entered the villa with a smile on his face and looked around. Then his smile vanished and he looked sad. Aww my poor baby.

He took one step towards the kitchen when I jumped around the corner.
"Boo!", I screamed. Seeing him jump slightly I couldn't suppress my laughter.
"EMILY!", he yelled. While I was still laughing he launched towards me and I ran away as fast as I could letting out a squeal. "You have been a very bad girl. I will find you!", Matteo screamed.

I ran into the kitchen and couldn't stop giggling. As he entered the kitchen his gaze fell on my eyes and he walked towards me with his eyes turning dark. When he reached me I wrapped my arms around his neck and stared at him. Matteo bend down and connected his lips with mine. The kiss was filled with anger and passion. He was kissing me roughly and suddenly I felt a hard slap on my ass causing me to gasp. Taking that as his opportunity he pushed his tongue in my mouth and dominated the kiss. Heat rushed through my whole body and I felt my knees getting weak. Then he pulled away resting his forehead against mine.

"Would a bad girl bake your favourite cake?", I whispered.
"What are you talking about? I never told you which cake I like the most.", he stated with his eyebrows furrowed.
"I asked Cristian."

"Why would you ask him such silly thing?", Matteo questioned me.
"Because I wanted to surprise you with something you love. Maybe it'll sweeten your day.", I said.
"You are my sweetener.", he stated looking deep into my eyes. Our foreheads still rested against each other's.

"Ok then I can eat the whole cake on my own." Pulling away I turned to the kitchen island and walked towards the cake.

"Wait. You already baked it?", he said looking at me and then at the cake with a shocked expression on his face. I nodded. "You truly are an angel. Thank you so much." He walked over to me and pulled me into a tight hug.

After he let go of me I put two pieces on plates and we went to the living room.
"Mhh this is amazing.", he moaned as he took the first bite.
"I'm glad you like it.", I said while blushing and grinning.
"I love it."

"How was work today?", I asked curiously.
"Tiring. But I have good news. The next three days til the ball I have no work left to do."
"Does that mean you will stay at home?"
"Yes I'm staying home.", he told me and his lips pulled up into a smile.

Upon hearing that my eyes lit up and I was smiling like an idiot. He watched my reaction closely and chuckled when he saw how happy I was. Leaning over to him I placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

Then realisation hit me like a truck. I called this my home. Without thinking. But it felt right. This place is more homey than my childhood house. Home is where the heart is. And my heart is here with Matteo. He carries a piece of my heart wherever we are or wherever he goes.

"Are you listening to anything I'm saying?", his deep voice snapped me out of my thoughts.
"Sorry I was lost in my thoughts. What were you saying?"
"I told you that I'm very tired. Let's go to bed. I have a surprise planned for you tomorrow.", he said.

"What is it?", I asked him curiously.
"You do know how surprises work?"
"At least give me a clue.", I whined.
"We will spend the whole day together. Alone. I won't tell you where and what we are going to do."

"You're mean.", I stated.
"Shut up and give me a kiss.", he demanded.

I giggled and kissed him on his lips. When I wanted to pull away he grabbed my cheeks and deepened the kiss running one of his hands down my side and resting it on my thigh. Then he pulled away and took my hand in his. Guiding me upstairs we entered our room and laid down on the bed.

"Goodnight angel.", he said while pulling me to his chest.
"I won't be able to sleep because I am excited for tomorrow!", I complained.
"Shhh."

Matteo brushed his fingers through my hair again and I felt myself actually getting sleepy. Soon I drifted off to sleep.

time leap to the next morning

"Wake up, love.", Matteo whispered while placing a kiss to my forehead. I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at him.
"Good morning.", I said with a bright smile on my face. Looking outside the window I noticed that the sky was still dark. The sun didn't rise yet.

"Get ready we are leaving in an hour, okay? Oh and please bring your sketchbook along", he asked.
"I almost forgot about the surprise! I'll hurry up.", I screamed excitedly and ran to my room.

Getting ready I rushed to do everything. First I took a quick shower and then brushed my teeth and hair. I finished by putting on some makeup. The only thing I had to do now was to pick out an outfit. Since it's not that cold outside today I decided to wear a black skirt that ended mid-thigh, black high boots, a tight white shirt and a black jacket on top of it. Lastly I put the necklace that Matteo gave me around my neck. Looking at the mirror I had second thoughts. Am I looking ok? Will he like it? Or am I not dressed properly?

But I decided to push all of my thoughts away and went out of the room. Matteo was already waiting in the hallway looking absolutely hot and handsome. He wore a white button up shirt, black pants and a black jacket. His hair was messy but in the perfect way and I desperately wanted to run my hands through it. He looked more casual than usual and I absolutely loved it. As soon as he saw me a bright smile was plastered on his face.

"You look freaking gorgeous.", he said.
"And you look freaking handsome."
Matteo put his hand out to me and raised and eyebrow. "Shall we go, milady?"
"We shall.", I giggled.

We made our way down the stairs and left the villa. Matteo guided me towards the car and opened the door for me. I got in and waited for him to join me.

"Is this a date?", I asked him when he sat down on the drivers seat.
"I hoped so, yes."
"If you don't make this the best date ever I will kill you.", I sated.
"Believe me you'll love it.", he chuckled.

Then he drove off. The car ride was silent. Comfortable silence not the awkward silence that nobody likes. I watched trees pass by as Matteo drove down a road that seems to lead into a forest. And I was right. Every passing minute we got deeper and deeper into a forest. If I didn't know better I would think that he is going to kill me. It would be the perfect time to kill someone since it's still dark outside.

Maybe he will? What if I made the same mistake twice...trusting a man I thought would care about me? After all he is the leader of a mafia gang. I know he can kill someone without feeling remorse. Could all of this have been an act? He could end my life if he wanted to and-

"EMILY! Please don't make it a habit of zoning out on me.", he screamed tearing me out of my worries. His sudden scream made me flinch a little but he didn't notice.
"Sorry.", I mumbled.
"Come on get out of the car. We are going to walk the rest of the way."

I nodded and got out. Matteo walked over to me and took my hand in his big warm one. Staring at him he looked excited. Maybe he will kill me and he's excited to get rid of me. Or he is excited because he actually planned something well-meant. Needless to say I am feeling uneasy and a little scared.

"What's wrong angel?", he asked me.
"Oh nothing. I'm just anxious to find out what you are going to surprise me with.", I answered him.
"There's no need to be. We are almost there. You have to close your eyes now and don't open til I tell you to, okay?", he asked. I nodded and closed my eyes.

All I heard was him walking back and forth. Then I heard rustling in some distance and I couldn't make out what he did. Suddenly I felt him grabbing my hand again and guiding me further down a path.

"Can I open my eyes now?"
"Not yet.", he answered and kept walking. After around five minutes he stopped. "You can open your eyes now."

Upon opening my eyes my jaw dropped to the ground. Right in front of me was the most beautiful lake surrounded by a flower meadow. The sun was starting to raise enhancing the beauty of the scenery even more. It was at this moment that I knew it was not an act. He truly cares about me and would do anything to make me smile.

On the ground a couple of steps away from the lake was a picnic blanket and basket with a lot of food and drinks placed beautifully on top of it. There were fruits, different kind of sweets, bread, toast, lunchmeat, cheese, vegetables, sandwiches, wine, water, coffee and a lot more. Matteo stood next to me watching every move I made. He really did his best. Lastly I noticed my sketchbook that he told me to bring along laying on the blanket with a few pencils.

"Do you like it?", Matteo asked while scratching the back of his neck nervously.
"I love it.", I said tearing up.

Looking around everything reminded me so much of my mom and me always doing this. Relaxing at a lake, enjoying food and me drawing something. It's almost like he knew or was able to read my mind when I thought about it a couple of weeks ago.

"You are the most amazing man I know. Thank you so much for this. No matter what happens next this is already the best date ever!", I exclaimed. Staring at him I could swear that I saw a light blush on his cheeks. Could have also been the sunlight but I refuse to believe that.
"Anything for you, love. Now let's have something for breakfast."

.........

How do you think will the date go?

I wanted to thank all of you so much! I woke up to 3,5k reads and couldn't help but smile as bright as ever. Reading your comments made me so freaking happy. Thanks for your support and liking my book so far🖤
Love you🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.8K 1.8K 24
-𝐀 πŒπ€π…πˆπ€ π‘πŽπŒπ€ππ‚π„- ~𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐑𝐞 πˆπ‹π‹πˆπ‚πˆπ“ π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’~ [CAN BE READ AS STANDALONES] ~β€’~ 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐀 π‘π”π’π’πŽ A...
961K 3.8K 8
**** Mature content**** "You wanna know why I'm angry?" He said in between the kisses. "Because of you" He said as he continued and my body tensed a...
547K 19.4K 53
"The damage was done the moment our eyes collided." ~Xavier De Luca *** One life-altering night ignites a soul-scorching passion between a gangster...
181K 3.8K 26
A chance encounter 10 years previous has come back into Mia's life but he's not just anyone, he is the Tsar of Russian Mafia. Mia is a good girl. A g...