Two Hearts

Bởi weiss719

Her heart has been broken many times. He has broken many hearts. What could happen when these two hearts meet... Xem Thêm

Her Single Heart
The Heart-Breaker
SNS Frenzy
Support
Little Hearts
A Party to Remember
SNS Friend
Night Out
Drunken(?) Confessions
Holding Hands
Close Friends - Part 1
Close Friends - Part 2
Close Friends..No more?
Limbo

Preparations

1.5K 133 18
Bởi weiss719

January 25, 2020, 2 p.m.

Days passed by quickly and Yejin's workload drowned out the IG incident on her mind. Aside from preparing for her lectures and checking class requirements, she had to prepare for an upcoming conference where she would present her research group's latest output. She also had to prepare for Thirdy's party, which would be the highlight of her week. Aside from her passion for decorating, she really has a knack for taking care of children. She took care most of her nieces and nephews (at least from her sisters) and they're all grown up now, the youngest in her middle school, so she missed having babies to take care of. That's why she turned to her friends' babies to "satisfy" her passion, and the very reason why they kept on bugging her to get married and have her own, so that she won't "steal" their babies.

That weekend before Thirdy's birthday party, she and Junghyun, Thirdy's mom, met to prepare for the decors. They met at Joyparty to buy the party decors they will need.

"Woah, I'm so excited for this Yej, Thirdy will be giddy seeing all these animal stuffed toys." Junghyun waved the tiger stuffed toy enthusiastically, clearly excited for her firstborn's first birthday. "And it's now my turn to benefit from your talent!" She smiled, reminding Yejin of her pledge to their Cinderella group that she will be decorating at least the dessert table for her friends' children's 1st birthday.

Yejin has done it for Song Yoona's 7 y/o son, Oh Yoona's 13 y/o son, and Lee Minjung's 5 y/o son. So after four years, it's Junghyun's son's turn. Among the seven of them, it's only her and Hyojin who are still single while Jiwon doesn't have a child yet despite being married for almost 2 years now.

Their Cinderella group was formed when they all became dorm mates in SNU. And they called themselves cinderellas because of the strict 12 m.n. curfew in their dorm, such that they had to always end their hang outs, may it be for study or fun before 12 m.n. Their friendship was built and solidified over time, having gone through all the ups and downs, despite working in different fields and having different personalities. But they share similar values when it comes to relationships, family, career and life goals, plus they're all hardcore loyal.

They've been constantly in each others' lives and they made it a point that they'd always hang out together at least once a month. And in so doing, her friend's partners have become close friends as well to the point that they'd also like to come up with a moniker for their group, except that they wanted to do it when the last two single ladies have their own "contribution" to the group.

Yejin joked that if any of her or Hyojin was to remain single forever, she should just leave the group to not complicate things for them. They took it seriously and tried to introduce men to the two of them. However, they couldn't just break her firm "no" since they know her past dating record and her cinderellas smacked them in the head after hearing their banter with her.

Luckily, they scored one in Hyojin when she agreed to meet a man they introduced to her after several tries. It didn't surprise her why Hyojin agreed though, since she knew, being the closest to Hyojin in the group, that he's been her long-time crush. Hyojin saw him in a conference last year and giggly told her about it, keeping it a secret to the rest of the group, as it felt just like a highschool crush for her. Well, she's happy for her friend and as of the current time, the guy, Jo In-sung, has been pursuing her for months now since their first date. And she somehow has an inkling as to where it would lead, she's just waiting for the wonderful announcement from her friend and a shout of victory from the boys, for the very first "project" the group had. She would have to prepare to defend herself again from these boys, knowing that she'll be the last single lady in their group. Or should she just leave? Nah. She loved them and considers them a family and she can endure all their teasings. She knew they're just concerned for her and she has somehow got used to their banters and find it funny how these men, of various dignified professions, turn into boys when it comes to that topic. How they beg her for her "contribution" to their group. Well, she also wondered about that.

Lost in her musings, Junghyun nudged her and showed her all the other decors she found and asked her for approval. After paying, they went to bakeshop Cake Girl to finalize her orders for the cakes and desserts they will serve.

🎉🎉🎉

January 25, 2020, 9:15 p.m.

Bin was massaging his neck while sitting in his home office chair. It's already past 9 o'clock in the evening and he had a long day, meeting two clients and finalizing the details of a recent project in Songdo. Though In-sung, as the COO, runs the daily operations of their construction business, he makes much of the bigger decision when it comes to the projects they will undertake and the direction of their company. So far, so good. The one year he's been home has really been productive for him and the company that there's no stopping them from expansion. He's really happy to have achieved his targets for his career at this age. He realized however whether this perfectionist attitude of him has always done him good. Maybe, for his career and other life goals, yes... but not in that area.

Before he was a "heart-breaker," he's been in a "longer" term relationship with his college sweetheart, Hwang Ji-hyun. Well, longer than the average length of his recent past dating relationships. With Ji-hyun, he knew he loved her but it spiraled down as they were not able to manage the relationship well due to their own careers. It was a mutual decision back then, but it took him longer than expected to recover. Maybe because he has set his expectations too high for them, since they were so in love at the start and so in tune with each other. Thus, it came as a surprise when the relationship went that way. And the perfectionist side of him got frustrated, such that he vowed to never commit again and until now, he doesn't know if he would ever want to again. That's why his dating life has been like that. For him, dating was simply that, dating, for the sake of fun and satisfying their immediate needs. For him, he didn't fall short in this path because he always lay down his cards first to all the girls he'd dated after Ji-hyun. It was surely better that way..not until last year, when he felt tired after his dating spree here in Seoul. He thought that he has entered another phase of this kind of dating perspective, the abstinence phase, perhaps, and he's enjoying it as well.

As soon as he's done pampering himself with his self-massage, he remembered Hyunsoo and his IG account. He almost forgot about it and had not been able to open it since last week. He opened the chat messages and found out he's message still unread by Hyunsoo. He learned from In-sung that she was suddenly sent to Australia for a month-long student exchange program to replace the other student who backed out. She was probably too excited to send him a goodbye message and had been busy adjusting overseas. He'll just call her next week once he gets her contact from her eomma.

When he returned to his feed, he saw the strange woman's post again.

Before he knew it, his lips curved into a smile upon seeing the woman's quirky post. Is she a college student in SNU? She's too cute. Not being aware of the smile plastered on his face, his finger automatically visited her profile and saw another post of flowers on her desk. He clicked on her recent post again and stared for a few minutes until he felt his eyes heavy and reached out to turn off his computer while placing his phone on the side of the table, which his arm accidentally touched. He reached for it again and locked it before going to his bedroom to sleep.

❤️❤️❤️

January 25, 2020, 9:30 p.m.

Yejin was about to sleep when her phone's notification flashed. Unable to resist the urge to open it, she reached for her phone. User mr.niceguy liked her recent post. She cringed at his gesture and thought again of Hyunsoo. She forgot to follow up on her and took note that she's gonna call her tomorrow. She saw that mr.niceguy still hasn't accepted her follower request. Curious, he searched for his name, the one thing she forgot to do last week. His name was indeed affiliated to Vast Construction, but that's all that she could find. Could he really be the CEO? Maybe he's just an engineer working there. She remembered Hyojin mentioning In-sung as a top of official of Vast. Should she ask her? But she doesn't want to make an issue out of this, because for sure, her friends will tease her again and again, especially when they saw how handsome the guy looks even in his small profile picture looks. She'll just let it be for now and these were her last thoughts before she finally dozed off.

🎂🎂🎂

February 1, 2020, 2 p.m.

It was finally Thirdy's party. Yejin and her assistants were almost done with the finishing touches. Her assistants were actually just her neighbors in her apartment complex who does it for extra cash as they are still part-time students.

"It's great! Well done, Mijung and Mujin!" Junghyun cheerily said as she took snaps of the set up with her phone. "Hey, what about me?!" She pouted, fishing compliments from her friend. "Of course, as always, thank you for this Yej, well, three more to go before you complete your pledge to us!" She said, winking at Yejin. "It's just two, Jiwon and Hyojin!"

"Are you talking about me?" Hyojin appeared, in her leather pants and shirt, topped with a faux-fur jacket, flaunting her business woman image in front of them.

"Yeah, because you'll be the next I'll be setting up a dessert table for!" She said to her teasingly while giving her a warm hug. How she missed her, the last time they saw each other was during their group's Christmas dinner as she's been on the go with her business and well, her freshly-brewing dating life.

"Hmm why would it be me? There's still Jiwon! And I haven't got married yet!"

She gave her a knowing look, the look that tells they should talk after the party,

Before they delved further in their conversation, Nam-jung came over to give Thirdy to Jung-hyun and gave Hyojin a welcome hug before leaving to prepare some other things for the party. "Since you're here, practice taking care of Thirdy because I feel you're gonna be next!" Jung-hyun held Thirdy over to her as she and Yejin gave a meaningful laugh. Hyojin rolled her eyes and happily carried Thirdy, who upon seeing Hyojin's face, whimpered suddenly. Hyojin, not knowing what to do, turn him over to Yejin who soothed the baby's back and kissed his temple. "Hey, cutiepie, it's just Auntie Hyojin..see you remember her right?" She continued to caress him until he's back to his jolly self.

"Honestly, Yej, what can you not do? You're every mother's dream daughter-in-law!" Hyojin looked at her enviously.

"Jinjja? Then should I just date the mother-in-law?! She'll probably be more loyal than her son?" She said mockingly.

Hyojin rolled her eyes at her answer, Ms. Broken Heart and her answers. She knew the pain her friend went through in the past and though she just makes a joke out of it now, she knew how it impacted her to the point that she's almost bitter when it comes to dating. She just sensed it though, because she always try to explain that she's not bitter and she's accepted her past. She believes it but sometimes her answers betray her explanations. Anyway, as long as she's happy, which she seemed to be like now, she's not worried. She just hopes that somewhere out there, that mother-in-law would indeed find this dream daughter-in-law, or more likely, Mr. Good Person will finally be added to the boys. She smiled as In-sung crossed her mind, the soon-to-be addition to the group, an idea no one else knows yet.

Soon after, the rest of the cinderellas with their families came and the group merrily chatted and updated each other. The program then started and they happily celebrated Thirdy's 1st birthday.

🎈🎈🎈

"Saeng-il chukha-hamnida saeng-il chukha-hamnida..." The crowd sang as Jung-hyun and Nam-jung held their son over the cake in the front, beside Yejin's dessert table. Everyone cheered as Nam-jung blowed the candle for his little boy who had a difficulty blowing the flame off.

Mrs. Kim adored the sight as she recalled the same sight 37 years ago when his son Hyun Bin blew his birthday candle during his first birthday. She loves seeing this sight that's why she always attend every children's birthday party that she's invited to. This time, it was her friend Park Seo-yon's grandson. She was enjoying chatting with her other friends in their table when Seo-yon came over and asked them about the food and the party. "It's a lovely party, everyone's having fun!" Mrs. Song, one of their friends, replied.

"Have you been to the dessert table? Please do and have some sweets." Mrs. Park invited them, to which Mrs. Kim gladly obliged. Mrs. Park went with her and as they approached the table, they saw Yejin unpacking some more treats and put them in the near-empty containers in the spread.

"Yejin-ah..this is awesome!" Mrs. Park told her while greeting her with a hug.

"Mrs. Park! So glad to see you again, and to know you liked it!" She said shyly as she noticed the other older lady in front of her.

"Ah, this is Mrs. Kim, my friend. Yun-hui, this is Son Yejin, Junghyun's friend and the one who did this set up." Mrs. Park graciously said as she introduced them to each other.

Yejin extended her hand to the woman who accepted it and returned her smile. "This is lovely, it added to the fun of this party!" She said. Yejin then offered to give them some of the sweets.

"Yun-hui, I'll leave you to Yejin, I think Madam Choi will be leaving." Mrs. park left abruptly, as she spotted another friend of hers waving to her.

Yejin ushered Mrs. Kim back to her seat and since her original seat was taken by one of Junghyun's relative who was busy talking to Hyojin, she took the seat that Mrs. Kim offered. Breaking the silence, Mrs. Kim asked Yejin what she does for a living, and if the party set up was her business.

"Oh, it's not my business, Mrs. Kim. For now, it's a hobby which my friends and family are taking advantage of hahaha." She laughed, feeling comfortable with Mrs. Kim's presence. With her parents gone, she finds it comforting to have a conversation with older people as she feels like it's her parents she's talking to. "I'm actually teaching Chemistry at Seoul National University right now."

Mrs. Kim was amused. "Wow, you're a professor? What a noble profession! It's amazing how you are still able to do your hobby or passion despite your work."

"Yes, I think it's sort of a stress reliever for me, seeing the ideas in my mind materialize and at the same time, seeing the faces of my loved ones satisfied and happy in their special day really motivate me to keep doing it."

"Lovely!" Mrs. Kim smiled warmly at her. "We're similar in a way, my dear. I also love making my loved ones happy. I only have one son and my husband is a very busy businessman, so I'm also close to my husband's extended family and mine as well. Every time we have a gathering or a special occasion to celebrate, they always ask me to coordinate and host the party. Well, in my younger days, because now I have trained and delegated the task to my nieces." She smiled as she recalled her big family.

"That's awesome, hmm, you gave me an idea, ma'am. I would need to train someone in the family so that it won't always be me in the long run." Her face lit up as she marveled at the idea.

"Yeah, especially when you became a mother..oh well, I'm assuming that you're not yet, because otherwise, you will not be here joining me, but there at the middle with the mother-kids tandem participating in the game, right?"

She laughed at her conclusion. "Yes, Mrs. Kim, you're right, I'm not yet a mother, and I'm single." She gave her a genuine smile and hoped the conversation wouldn't go to the direction she's expecting.

"I am right then, and you just confirmed my hunch. Because if you're not single, the boyfriend should be hovering around you right now..you're too pretty to be left alone in that dessert table, otherwise someone might snatch you together with the sweets you're serving."

"Mrs. Kim, you're flattering me." She laughed shyly.

"Forgive me for my bluntness, I just see so much of myself in you when I was your age. I was so busy coordinating a party when my husband met me at that party. After that, I was never left alone in any other party because he thinks someone will snatch me. Of course, it's just a joke. He just wants to be always by my side whenever his schedule permits it."

"Oh, he's so sweet, Mrs. Kim." She smiled at her openness to her, despite having intoduced just a few minutes ago.

"He is. Luckily, my son got it from him. Always making me feel I'm taken care of and loved. I hope fate would make its way for you as well, Yejin-ah. Even if not, be happy because you are a very lovely woman. Do not be pressured by people like me questioning your civil status and the reason for your choice. It will always be your choice and I hope you will be happy in whatever choice you make." Mrs. Kim said.

Yejin was amazed with what she heard from her. She expected the teasing and the matchmaking part, just like with every ahjumma that she had this kind of conversation with. But Mrs. Kim just made her feel there's nothing wrong with her life.

"Thank you for those wonderful words, Mrs. Kim. I will remember that. I hope this would not be the last time we could have this kind of talk. I love hearing words of wisdom from those who'd been there. I just felt comfortable with you, maybe because I miss my mother. She and my father passed away many years ago." Yejin said bravely, with all her shyness gone with the comforting words and presence of Mrs. Kim. She really liked her.

"Sure, well, I'm more than happy to have a younger friend in you. It's actually flattering to hear that from you. Hahaha, well, a lot of my younger nieces actually avoid me whenever we have this kind of conversation. It's a relief to know there are those who still want to listen the old "grandmother" stories." Mrs. Kim was overjoyed by her reaction.

They talked some more and exchanged phone numbers. Mrs. Kim also told her about the foundation she established and still currently overseeing, the Little Hearts Foundation. She and her husband founded it after they lost their eldest son while he's still in her womb. Instead of wallowing in their grief, they chose to move forward and commemorate their son's life by helping newly born children who were less privileged in life. They initially came up with a shelter for single moms and those babies who were unwanted and abandoned in some areas in Seoul. Eventually, their foundation grew to cater to more orphanages across the nation with the growing pool of sponsors they were able to build, aside from the fund they get as being one of the social arms of the Hyun's businesses.

Yejin was again at lost in Mrs. Kim's and her family"s kindness. She's a perfect image of a mother for her, taking care of her family while being able to help others. She was glad she met her and she was added to her list of persons to emulate. She'd like to learn a lot from her and she's excited with the friendship that has just started now.

"Our foundation will be holding its 40th anniversary this month and we planned to set up a celebration party at each orphanage. There will also be an awareness campaign and a ball to thank and honor our sponsors." Mrs. Kim said excitingly.

"Wow, that's a big event for your foundation. Are the parties for the children?"

"Yes, it's for them. We want them to feel celebrated by holding it, to let them know that many wanted them to be happy and loved, that's why the foundation was established, that it was not merely a receiver for some people's excess money. It's a special day for them, a celebration of love and family."

Touched by what she heard, Yejin spoke the sudden idea on her mind. "Mrs. Kim, would you think it would be a good idea to set up a dessert table in one of your parties?" Yejin imagined the children beaming at the sight of her dessert table.

Mrs. Kim squealed at her statement. "Oh, surely, it will be a delight for them. Yes, that's a wonderful idea my dear! Just send me a budget proposal so I can have my assistant incorporate it in our overall budget."

"Oh, no Mrs. Kim, it's for free, I really want to give something to these kids, even though this small act of kindness."

"Wow, we really did not just meet each other today for nothing, huh? I guess we're destined to meet for these kids, then. I am just amazed right now. Okay, maybe we can set up a meeting again, or we can invite you in one of our planning meeting. I sometimes get too involved in this, even when I have my someone in place to run the event. They should just ask me for approval, but you know, the planner in me won't just sit down. I want to be actively involved, at least in the planning stage."

Yejin now loved Mrs. Kim's enthusiasm. She would really like to be her when she aged. How gracious, loving and kind, yet so smart and full of wisdom.

Their conversation about the foundation was cut when Mrs. Park joined them again and introduced another friend of hers to Mrs. Kim. Yejin saw Hyojin waving at her for their picture-taking tradition with the celebrant. Before she left the table, Mrs. Kim hugged her and told her that she enjoyed her time with her and she'll see her for their next meeting.

Going back to their table, Hyojin whispered to her. "Looks like the mother-in-law found her dream daughter-in-law!"

She glared at her and replied, "Tsss...you're talking nonsense! It was a good conversation, don't put malice into it."

Jiwon ushered the both of them to the front and they took turns holding Thirdy and taking a picture with him. They also had their group picture, the boys first, then the Cinderellas. They also took pictures of the kids, all the four boys.

"Jiwon and Hyojin, please give us a girl next!" Oh Yoona jokingly shouted to the two.

Yejin rolled her eyes since she knew it will be the start of the never-ending teasing from the boys.

🎊🎊🎊

Feb. 1, 2020

Bin called Nam-jung earlier that day and informed him he won't be able to come to his son's birthday, as much as he wanted to. He was trapped in an emergency meeting with his staff because In-sung couldn't make it and it concerns one of their recent and urgent projects. Nam-jung understood and just set another schedule of golf date with him and In-sung. Bin also called his mother to inform her that he'll not be able to meet her in the party.

It was already late when he came home that night and was looking forward to spend the following day with his family at his halabeoji's house. Surely, his cousins will tease him for his IG account. He opened it again to check whether the mystery has been solved, i.e. Hyunsoo has replied. And that's when he saw her again, carrying a child.

Hmm, maybe her nephew? He also saw the party set-up that she posted. It looks like she 's been in a birthday party today.

What a coincidence, he should've been in a party too. A part of him wanted to unfollow the woman, as he figured out how to do it in IG..however, a part of him seemed to have gotten so curious about this strange woman. Undecided, he locked his phone and tossed himself to bed and the softness of the mattress beneath him washed away his tiredness and lulled him to sleep.

---

A/N: Hello dear readers, a little bit longer than the previous updates. Thank you for your likes and comments appreciating this story. I hope you'll enjoy and follow this story until the end. I had a hard time coming up with Korean names and store names, so please ignore the misspellings and pardon me if some terms, grammar, construction, or even the pace of this story don't sit well with you. Also, I couldn't find a more realistic picture of Yejin holding a one year old boy, so this famous pic of her with this baby should do. Also, all pictures are from the internet and I do not own them, ctto. Thank you so much, please ⭐️ and write your comments/feedback below. See you on the next chapter! ❤️

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

743K 25.8K 52
choi y/n gets broken up with by her boyfriend of 1 year, hwang hyunjin, not knowing the real reason behind it. she tries her best to forget about wha...
10.4K 597 34
Eunwoo fell in love with a girl and the feelings are mutual. What should Moonbin do now with his feelings for Dongmin? How will it end? Will binwoo h...
61.2K 2.8K 17
What if he is her only chance? Her only chance to be free from her father and her brother. Also, a chance for her to pursue her dreams. Being as bril...
143K 7.5K 54
Marriage is the most wonderful bond between two loving souls who promise to live forever. However, it is not for the wedding of Son Ye Jin and Hyun B...