The Past Is In The Past(Joliv...

By hsmtmts_endgame

Innocent love, right? Joshua Bassett and Olivia Rodrigo get cast in the same show, and feelings start buildin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73

Chapter 28

1.5K 21 23
By hsmtmts_endgame

-April 2019-

Olivia's POV:

I can't believe this. It's only been a few days since Ethan and I broke up and he's 'the best he's ever been'

Like look at this...

(pretend the caption says 'The best I've ever been' =D )

"I just don't understand how he can be so happy now that we broke up, Sof. Did he never love me?" I explained to her. I called her because I needed a rant buddy, and she didn't have anything to do.

"He's just covering up because he cares too much about what people say or won't say. I've known him longer than you have Liv. He can act like that when he's determined to." She reminded me. She was right. Sofia introduced me to Ethan when we were 12. Ethan and I became inseparable, Sof and I didn't exactly become inseparable because we worked on different TV shows, but we were friends.

"I guess." I doubted. "I feel like writing something, Sof. I'll call you later." I commented.

"Okay. But if you need anything, I'm here. Josh is there too. And Matty, and Lar-Bear, and Juj, and Frankie, and Dara, and-"

"Sof, you don't need to mention every single person." I cut in.

"We just want you to know that we're with you, okay?" She mentioned.

"Thanks, Sof. Bye."

"Bye, luv you!"

I took my guitar of the case and sat down on the fluffy bench, sighing. I'm just selfish. We've gone our own ways. Am I never going to get over him? The brunette on his picture looks like she's got her stuff together, while I'm here, crying over my ex. I should be happy that he's happy.

I took all my thoughts and made them a song.

Like you miss my wretched heart
But she's beautiful, she looks kind
She probably gives you butterflies

I hope you're happy but not like how you were with me
I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go
So find someone great but don't find no one better
I hope you're happy but don't be happier

(Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ah)

Then I got a call. It was Josh.

"Hi Livvy." He smiled. He was laying on his bed.

"Hi Josh. What are you doing?" I asked, uninterested on whatever he had to say.

"Nothing. I'm bored and I felt like calling you, because I can, because I have your phone number, because we're friends, because we work on the same show, because we got cast in the same show, because we auditioned for the same show, because our managers told us to, because they are getting paid to do that, because-" He stopped, gasping for air. "Are you not going to stop me?" He asked.

"No. I wasn't paying attention. What were you saying?" I asked.

"What's going on in that beautiful mind?" He sang. It was a line from 'All of me' by John Legend.

"Too much. Can I call you later?" I answered. He had a concerned look on his eyes.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked. I started tearing up. I tried to hold it in but I couldn't. "Liv, talk to me? What's bothering you?"

"Why can't I look like her?!" I cried, hiding my head in between my knees and hugging them with my arms.

"Like who?" He asked confused.

"Like every single pretty girl in the world. She looks so put together and nice and confident and pretty, and I'm just here." I cried into my knees.

"Olivia, what are you talking about? You're the prettiest girl I know, and I'm so lucky to know you. You're voice is the most angelic thing I've ever heard, and every time you sing you never fail to give me body chills. Don't compare yourself to them, your just wasting your time. They're all about a pretty face, and 'good' body, and a nice smile which covers up all their problems and insecurities. You already have that, and you have more than that! You're-" He said, but I stopped him.

"That's what you say to make me feel better." I rolled my eyes. He sighed and thought about it for a moment.

"You know what, you're right. You're not worth it." He shrugged.

"What?!" I looked at him. I can't believe he actually said that.

"It's about time you act like them. And we're going to start with wardrobe. I'm going to your place. Get ready" He said, before he hung up.

Josh's POV:

The typical method of 'you're beautiful and the best person in the world' didn't work so I'm doing the opposite. I'm showing her that those girls aren't what she wants to compare herself to. I went to the mall and bought clothes, some heals, makeup, and accessories. I guess having five sisters does come in handy. In less than an hour I was already pulling up at her apartment.

"Hey." I smiled with a bunch of bags full of clothes.

"You bought that? All that? That must've been really expensive." She gasped.

"It was a little expensive, but it doesn't matter. Now put this on." I said, handing her an outfit.

"Josh, I-" She complained.

"Nope. Put this on." I pushed her in her room to change. This thing was going to work. I mean, it has to work. I don't know what else to do if it doesn't. A few minutes later she came back. Those clothes were NOT her style. "Uh... So? How do you feel?" I put on a smile for her.

"Why is this like this? Why does it fold like that on the back? Why is it so long? Why is this part so baggy?" She started asking me.

"Liv, that's the same outfit the girl you were talking about wore once." I revealed.

"What? I never told you who I was talking about." She recalled.

"But you're too obvious sometimes." I replied, showing her the girl's Instagram. "And this is the picture I'm talking about." I showed her the picture of the girl wearing the exact same clothes. She was speechless. "Okay... That didn't work. Put this one on." I said, shoving her into her room again. So far so good.

"Uhhh.... This looks like it's been thrown up by a snake." She claimed when she came back. Yeah, it looked pretty bad.

"But it's the outfit she's wearing. Didn't you want that?" I asked.

"Yeah, but- I meant-"

"Okay, you want it. Put this one on now." I handed it to her. She came back with the outfit on and started complaining. "Why are you whining? I thought you wanted this."

"Yeah, I do want this." She told herself. She's so stubborn.

"Okay, now put these heals on." I bent down to put them on her. They were too tall to walk comfortably. She was my height. "Okay, now walk." I told her. She stumbled her way to the kitchen counter and back. "Yeah no. That was far from good." I said, fixing her posture. I could tell she was tired from doing this. "Do you really want to do this?"

"Yes. I... I do." She said, uncertain.

"Okay, chin up, shoulders back, hands to the side, smile, and walk." I said, moving her like she was a barbie. She crooked her way to the kitchen. "Nope. That was horrible, do it again." I rolled my eyes. We tried it about 20 times after that. "You forgot to smile. Again." I droned.

"Ugh, I can't do this!" She said, flopping down at the couch. The words I've been waiting 2 hours to hear!

"But, I thought-" I started.

"Yeah, I thought too. This is painful. My feet are sore and my neck hurts." She complained.

"Okay. We'll move on from that then. I have some more clothes I want you to put on." I smiled. Giving her the last outfit I bought for her. It was something that would fit her style and she would like.

"I love it." She smiled, looking down at herself when she came back. It was a striped black-and-white skirt, with a loose sweater, and some combat boots. She looks so pretty, if only she could see it with my eyes. "Does she wear this?" She smiled. Her innocence.

I nodded my head whilst saying "No."

"Then what?" She asked, confused.

"This is an outfit Olivia would wear. You can't pretend you don't like it because the first thing you said when you came out of your room was 'I love it' so there's no point in even doing that." I laughed. "You don't want to be a copy of some person just because they look nice. You don't even want to change yourself... So why are you?" I asked her. She thought about it for a second.

"I don't know. I just- I saw Ethan and he was so happy and I thought that I didn't make him as happy. So I thought it was because of how I looked." She shrugged.

"What if... you stop caring about the people that don't matter, and start caring about the people that do?" I smiled at her.

"You're right." She agreed.

"Yeah, I always am." I laughed.

Olivia's POV:

Josh and I played some board games, and sang together, his voice cracked a couple hundred times, but it was getting late so he left. I felt like writing something else. Something about what I am.

I'm a girl, I'm a lover
Not always very smart
I'm a pessimist, a hypocrite
With a telltale heart
But I work hard, and I'm kind
Got a forest fire mind on most days

I'm a little insecure
I'm a little too honest
I care way too much
About getting into college
And right now I'm a mess
Things don't make sense
But they will soon

I am more
Than I could ever show
I am more
Than the girl you think you know

N/A
Guyyyyyssss Déjà vu comes out in 2 hoursss!!!
How do you guys feel?
Do you think people are going to start drama?
'Till next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.5K 2.1K 29
๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ก๐š๐ ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐š ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ๐š๐๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ. ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ...
30.5K 588 12
Joshua Basset And Olivia Rodrigo were originally casted as love interests for the new Disney+ original HSMTMTS, but when their onscreen romance turns...