✔ Cursed (Book One)

By OneLovee_OneDream

Catalina Harte, never the most popular girl, although beautiful was never sought out by none of the guys, not... More

Cursed
Prologue
Dreams
Book
Sparks
Crimson Ball
Invitation
Faint
Chills
Lightning Love and other things
Step Down
Witness The Unseen
Angel Of Mine
(12) Hope
Warmth in the coldest days
Territorial
Racing Pulse
Untwisted Emotions
(19) Attack
What Now?
To be friends or not to be
Control your anger
Let me hold you'
Mother daughter time
Date
Sticky situation
Bickering
Red Head
I will always be there
And She's Feisty
It was you
You are the answer

Here I am

23.7K 582 41
By OneLovee_OneDream

Copyright © 2012 OneLove_OneDream
All Rights Reserved.

                                      ~*~*~*~

Catalina’s pov

When I came too, the first thing I saw was Trevor’s retreating form. “I have to go,” he said rather gruffly before he began to walk away. I don’t know what came over me but I didn’t want him to leave, something in me stirred as I watched him leave, turning his back on me.

“Where are you going?” I asked abruptly before I could stop myself.

I watched as he stopped, but yet didn’t turn around. I kept my eyes trained on him trying to understand why did he not want to look at me. Had I done something wrong? I couldn’t recall doing something wrong. Okay, I did want to walk away from him and Joey…

Joey!

I tore my eyes off his back, to look and see where was Joey. He wasn’t anywhere to be seen, but I did see someone that I had not seen before I passed out, however, he was not a stranger, much. It was the guy who had harassed me at the party, the one who said I smelled delicious. He was having an angry stare down with Rachael, who looked as pissed as I had ever seen her. She was being held back by Katie and for a good reason too. Rachael was sweet and all but she had a temper on her.

Then something hit me. I was being held up by someone. I looked up and saw Chad grinning down at me, “About time…”

This seemed to snap everyone out. Before I knew it, seven pair of eyes turned towards me, with the exception of one. I looked back towards Trevor, who stayed in the same spot. I pulled myself away from Chad, I began to walk towards him.

Once I was behind him, I placed my hand on his shoulder. “Where are you going?” I asked again. I felt a tingly sensation that sent crazy butterflies inside my stomach, as my hand laid on his shoulder. He seemed to stiffed at my touch. Maybe I shouldn’t have touched him, but I couldn’t bring myself to take my hand away.

He turned his head so his cheek touched my hand. His eyes focused on my hand before they looked up at me. His grey eyes seemed to shine with so many emotions. He let out a sigh before he fully turned to face me. I still couldn’t move my hand away from his shoulder.

“I-“

 Maybe he just wanted to be away from me. The flashes of the night before on how drunk I had gotten and how I practically threw myself at him only to be rejected. Not even an immortal wanted me. I knew guys from high school didn’t want to be with me. I knew everyone thought I was a freak and even more now that I had once again pulled a stunt in collapsing after the overcrowded mall.

I pulled my hand away quickly as if keeping it there any longer burned me. “It’s okay. I shouldn’t be asking it’s none of my business.”

We stared at each other for awhile not saying anything. I tried to read his expression but apparently he was the king at keeping an emotionless face because I was unable to see anything beyond a cold front. The same look that he gave me the day he dragged me to his house.

“Well if we have enough of this little love scene, I would like to talk to Catalina.” I turned to look at that guy, who I can recall being named Adrian. I stared at him oddly. I was curious to know why he wanted to talk to me, yet I didn’t trust him. So sue me if I didn’t, he did after all tried to man handle me last time I saw him. and I was pretty sure that he was also a vampire with the whole “you smell good” mumble jumble.

He turned his brown eyes onto me. A smile spread across his lips as if he was trying to sweeten me into speaking to him, but I wasn’t stupid. “No.” A firm voice answered for me. I didn’t have to turn to know who was the one to answer.

Adrian looked behind me his smile spreading looking even more fake by the second. “I don’t think you are the one who should be answering since it does not concern you Trevor.”

I heard Trevor hiss out. I tried not to flinch because I didn’t want him to think I was scared. I wanted to flinch because he had gotten so close to me without me noticing and the hiss was right into my ear. I could feel the anger rolling off him every passing second.

“It does concern me,” he replied tightly.

“It does not concern you. I do not wish to speak to you,” Adrian retorted.

The atmosphere was so thick I bet I was able to cut it with a knife. I bit my lip feeling uncomfortable with this whole ordeal.  “Oh for the love of god!” Candle walked towards Adrian looking quite angry herself. “Listen here Adrian, I don’t appreciate you trying to come all high and mighty trying to order us around, You might be the vampire prince, but as you should already know, we don’t give a flying fuck about that! Your dad respects and fear us for good reason, you should really follow his trail on that. You have not seen nothing on what we can do.”

I was just blinked at them. He was a vampire king? On what I have heard or seeing and read, vampire kings are the big things within them, isn’t it?

“As for it does or it doesn’t concern my brother on what you need to speak to Catalina the answer is, yes it does concern him. It concerns him and all of us. So let us know why you need to speak to her now!” she roared. I had never seen Candle so angry. It felt like everyone was angry today.

“My father wants to meet her,” Adrian said.

Jackson stepped up this time, placing himself in front of me, “Why does your father wish to meet Catalina? She is nothing special just a human.” I tried not to take offence on his words.

“I don’t know. He just told me to come and get her,” Adrian replied.

“Boy don’t try to pull us off as fools!” Roared John stepping in front of me as well as Candle and Austin. I felt arms grasp my forearms pulling me against a chest. I knew it was Trevor, his hold was tight but I felt the desperate need of calmness. I could feel his hands shaking, I knew he was trying to control his anger. How I knew this I didn’t know but something in me just knew it.

“Tell us now why does your father want to meet Catalina,” John asked once again.

“H-He seems interested in her. Everyone is.”

“Why?” asked Trevor.

“Because they want to know who is the human that has grabbed the Fier family’s attention. You guys are not known to mingle with human, yet here you are always around one. And the way you are holding onto her does interest even me,” he said eyeing Trevor’s hands that were around me.

I didn’t even know how to react to this.

“You tell your daddy that he is not going to get his desire in meeting Catalina, perhaps some other time when we feel like it because it does interest us to know what is big deal on us being around her, but also tell him if he tries a sneaky move we will find out and we will destroy him. We do not want him or any of his mongrels near Catalina or her friends. She is under our protection as well as anything that she loves,” said John.

Jackson chuckled, “And tell Frederick that I don’t think he wants to anger Trevor he out of all people know what happens when Trevor is angry.”

I didn’t know.

Adrian nodded, “I will hand down the message, though I don’t think he will be so happy with not being able to meet her right now, but I’m glad the old bat doesn’t always get what he wants.” He looked over towards Rachael, “See you around red head.”

And with that he disappeared quickly. I blinked rapidly not being able to process all this, there was more to this than I knew.

“Okay can someone care to explain what the hell just happen?”

“And that the hell was all that about.”

“Why did that guy just vanished that quick?”

We looked over towards my shell shocked friends. Well someone had so much explaining to do.

~

“Well I guess…”

We looked at Katie as she tried to gather her words. We we’re in the Fier mansion. I had taken a lot of convincing to get Katie, Rachael and Chad to go with us, but after a lot of eye batting and pleading from my part, they agreed.

Right now they were huddled far away from Jackson, John, Trevor, Austin and Candle as they had finished explaining what they were. Of course you could see that my friends were scared straight, just like I had been at first, but they didn’t go out screaming monster, which was a good thing.

I, on the other hand, was seating in between the Fier’s and my friends, not wanting to go into either side at the moment.

“I guess…Okay I’m going to be honest, I don’t know how to react to this. I don’t know about Chad or Rachael but I just don’t know how to react to this. Part of me doesn’t really believe you but we did just witness a strange conversation with that Adrian guy,” Katie said eyeing each and one of them before her eyes landed on me. “Do you believe them?” she asked.

I nodded slowly, “I have um witness their vampire side, well just one of them.”

I sneaked a peek at Trevor, who grinned and winked at me before turning his face towards my friends revealing his fangs. I closed my eyes as I heard the gasps of my friends.

“Oh fuck no!”

“That is so cool!”

“Okay I believe you now.”

Well this can only get more interesting.

~

“I can get these?”

“How about some hot cheetos?”

“Oh don’t forget the M&Ms!”

So after the overall shock that some of us were vampires, it sounded so weird to even say it and think it at the same time, we went decided to have a sleepover. It would be a way to celebrate the fact that Chad, Katie and Rachael didn’t go out running and the first day of Christmas break.

Everyone, even the guys, seemed excited for this little sleepover and that was saying a lot since half of the time they looked serious. Well more John, Trevor and Jackson and even now they looked slightly serious, though they were slowly getting into the whole picking out the snacks.

I stepped away to see them all gathered fighting over what to get and throwing things into the cart. I watched as they laughed and joked around with each other not seeing the different of species within them.

I was about to join them when suddenly a hand covered mouth and I was being pulled backwards. I kicked and tried to grab their attention but they were so consumed in their shopping that no one looked my way. I was pulled into the next aisle. Once realized, I turned furiously at my attacker ready to smack the hell out of him, but I stopped when I was face to face with Joey.

“Catalina I wanted to talk to you without your security intervening,” he stuffed his hands into his pockets. It was strange to have him looking to, shy around me. This was not the Joey I knew, the Joey I had a long time crush on it was as if being around me set him off into a different direction.  

“Well here you have me to talk so talk because as you have pointed out, my security is only on the other side of the aisle…” I nodded towards where I had been snatched.

“I have been wanting to talk to you alone since that day in the hallway but every time I tried to get near you, there was always one of those guys with you, so I didn’t.”

I looked weirdly at him, “Are you scared of them?” I asked.

He shook his head, “No.”

“Then why are you scared to approach me when I am near them if you are not scared?” I pointed out because it sure as hell seemed like he was scared of them.

“Have you seen the way that Trevor guy looks as me when I get near you? It looks as if he wants to kill me not to mention the rest look at me as if they are ready to sock me if they have to.”

I giggled, maybe he was right, maybe they were my security. “That’s just the way they look.”

He shrugged, “I don’t know either way I stay clear away from them, maybe you should too.”

I shook my head.

“Well if not then it’s up to you but I wished you did there is something about them that doesn’t seem right,” he had no idea. “Well I just wanted to ask you if you would like to go out sometime…”

I gaped up at him, not knowing what to say or to react to this. “No she wouldn’t.”

I stiffen at the sound of Trevor’s angry answer behind me. I was shocked and yet I wasn’t he always seemed to appear out of thin air. But I recovered quickly when I felt anger rising within me. How dare he always answer for me!

“Will you quit answering for me? I have my own damn mouth and my own opinion!” I yelled out not once looking back at him, but by the way Joey smirked I can only imagine how Trevor was looking right now. “I don’t know let me think about it,” I told Joey. I turned and grabbed Trevor’s arm pulling him with me.

“You have to learn to stop butting in mister,” I told him.

After buying tons of snacks, we made it to the house. At first we didn’t know what to do but after a while we just put on some music and turned on the television while we gathered in a circle by the fire place.

“So like do you drink blood?” asked Rachael putting a pretzel into her mouth.

John laughed for the first time ever. “Yes we do drink blood but it’s not like we go and attack people like they show in t.v.”

“So what else can you guys do? Like do you have powers and shit?” asked Chad.

No one say nothing for a while, but Candle was the one to break the silence. “Well we can’t really talk about that right now if you don’t mind.”

After we dropped that subject we talked about everything else.

“Shut up! Snakes are scary! That is my biggest fear and what, John quit laughing at me!” snapped Rachael we were all talking about our fears by this time. John had taken a liking to teasing Rachael I found it really cute but she found it annoying.

I had learned that Candle feared rejection and so did the rest of them.

“Sorry but it’s just cute, anyways, what’s your fear Catalina?” he asked directing the attention towards me. I bit my lower lip nervously.

“Oh she fears, overcrowded places and fire. She has always feared that since she can remember. She also dreams about it, huh Cata?” chirped Katie.   

“You dream about it?” Austin asked looking amused.

I blushed, “Well I have a dream about it. It molds both my fears together, I have had that nightmare ever since I can remember.”

“And what is it?” asked Jackson sounded curious.

I looked at everyone, my eyes landing on Trevor who had kept his distance from me after the whole Joey encounter. I think he was slightly upset over the fact that I hadn’t denied Joey, but maybe that was all in my head.

“Well I’m running away from people and I’m scared out of my mind. I don’t know why I’m running away from them or what have I done, also in the dream, I’m wearing some old fashioned pajamas. When I’m hiding, someone grabs me and calls me a witch. I’m scared and I tried to fight the person off but its useless. I try to tell them I’m not a witch, but no one listens as they put me tie me up against a pole or stake I don’t know. Some older man appears looking at me with disgust and satisfaction. He keeps calling me witch. That’s when I smell smoke and that’s when I realized they have started a fire around me. I scream but they seem to be jumping with joy at my burning. Someone yells for them to stop  “You cannot take her away from me! She is not what you accuse her of you old man!” The person screams again, “She is not evil!” I already know I’m going to die so there is no use for me to fight. I feel the burning sensation engulfing my body. I looked up only to see a pair of black eyes staring back at me, with sorrow, desire, want, sadness. And then I wake up. It’s an ongoing nightmare,” I bite my lip trying to see if I should tell them about my other dream.

“Is there more?” asked Candle her voice strained.

“Well I also have another dream almost the same thing as the one before but this time I know I am not the one in the dream. It’s me but it isn’t me get me? It’s not my face, it’s not my body, it’s just not me. I am not the girl in the dream but it feels as if I am.”

John sat up straight, “What happens in that dream?” he asked.

“Almost the same thing but with more talking, but in the dream I’m a little girl, and I’m scared. Some lady who is my mom in the dream is trying to protect me from a mob of angry people, but it’s useless i am already in the pit of the fire. There’s this boy that I stare at while the fire begins. In my dream I am attached to him” I looked at Trevor, his gaze focused on me. “There’s this older man who is accusing me of being a witch, the lady who is my mother gets angry with him and accuses him of being a selfish man. She says things that I don’t understand.”

“What does she say?” asked Trevor finally getting into the conversation.

“Um I think something like this, ‘You fool! You are making a great mistake, how dare you take my daughter from me an innocent being. My hatred will live for generations. You and your family are cursed I curse you all never to find love. Your son’s will never be happy; they would forever suffer the sorrow of losing their love ones. Fight for what love is or the curse will never descend!” she told the little boy. The burning sensation was unbearable and then the little boy screamed as I did as well before I took my last breath I heard my mom in the dream say, “I hope you are satisfied, you have killed your son’s true love!” I really don’t understand the dream its weird.”

“Catalina?” I turned to look at Austin as he inched closer.

“Yeah?” I asked confused.

“Do you have any idea what your name was in the dream?” he asked cautiously. I looked at him confused. I looked up at everyone else they all seemed to be focused on me.

“Why?”  I asked.

“Just answer the question.” I looked to my right and saw Trevor kneeling next to me his eyes pleading, “Please.”

“Um…” I thought long and hard before the name came to me. “Maddie…Maddie Godoy.”

Gasps were heard around the room. I looked up confused at their reaction. “Oh my god its her, oh my god its her!” Candle said over and over.

John, Jackson and Austin stared at me with wide eyes not blinking as if scared if they did I would disappear.

“Uh guys what’s going on?” I asked wirily.  I looked at Trevor for an answer. He was breathing hard, his eyes were shinning and his face, his face was showing so many emotions I was worried. His face never showed emotions.

“Maddie Godoy? Are you sure?” he asked his voice breaking.

I nodded, “Yeah why?”

“D-Do you know the name of the little boy?” he asked avoiding my question.

I thought back to it, furrowing my eyebrows before I answered, “Trevor, well isn’t that weird?”

“Oh god it is you,” he whispered.

“Who’s me?” I asked confused.

“Sweet Catalina, you’re Maddie, my Maddie,” he said.

“I’m who? And who’s yours?” I asked standing up quickly.

“You’re Maddie,” said Jackson.

I looked at him like he was crazy, “No. I’m Catalina not Maddie.”

“No love, you were Maddie in a past life.”

I backed away from them all, inching towards the front door, “All of you guys are crazy. I’m Catalina not maddie! Catalina!” I yelled before running out the house and towards the woods. I needed air, bad.

~*~*~*~

Ta-da! How do you like? Poor catalina too much info into little time.
What do you think is going to happen next? let me know and don't forget to vote and comment.

Oh do you guys want a sequel?? 

Goal: 80 votes before I update again(: 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 7K 47
Life without being notice was top priority for Emma Davis. The dark secrets that linger in the place she called 'hell' was never something she ever i...
50.8K 2.2K 62
"Beauty can be a blessing or a...Curse. people who believe in Faith, soulmates and love are really lucky, because it's proves that they dream. They a...
Karma By ari

Romance

1.5M 36.2K 57
[25/09/2021] - [08/05/2024] There they were. Knife to throat, chest to chest, breaths uneven and heavy and yet Reece made it his job to look unaffect...