Neighbor // Miguel Diaz

By poppy_jtm

❌DISCONTINUED❌ -STARTS OFF ON SEASON 2- It all starts off when Y/N Y/L/N, moves into a new apartment with her... More

Chapter 1: Introduction!
Chapter 2: Moving in
Chapter 3: Meeting Everyone
Chapter 4: Cobra Kai
Chapter 5: Kreese?
Chapter 6: Dinner with the Diaz's
Chapter 8: Valley Fest
Chapter 9: Beach Club
Chapter 10: Tory and Miguel?!
Chapter 11: Kreese Takes Over
Chapter 12: coyote creek
Chapter 13: Tinder
Chapter 14: Shopping with Grandma
Chapter 15: Moons Party
Chapter 16: School Fight
Chapter 17: Introduction for Season 3
Chapter 18: News
Chapter 19: Dad?
Chapter 20:  adoption.
Chapter 21: back to school
Chapter 22: Seeing Miguel
Chapter 23: Giving school a 2nd shot
Chapter 24: Hes Awake
Chapter 25: Feelings
Chapter 26: Carwash.
Chapter 27: Hawk.
Chapter 28: Soccer game
Chapter 29: Arcade Fight
Chapter 30: Argument
Chapter 31: Miguels back to school
Chapter 32: Date
Chapter 33: New Dojo
Chapter 34: Canceled
Chapter 35: All Valley Talk
Chapter 36: Ali and Johnny
Chapter 37: Talk With Daniel
Chapter 38: Fight at Sams
update!
Season 4 INTRO/ chapter 39
Chapter 40: Lets Begin!
Chapter 41: Dad makes dinner
im so sorry!

Chapter 7: Robby Keene?

4.5K 76 55
By poppy_jtm

Y/N POV:

I was currently at the beach with Demetri, Moon,Hawk, and Bert. Miguel should be coming soon. Moon gave me a ride.

Me,Moon, and Bert where watching Demetri and Hawk play volleyball.

"You guys suck!" I yell. "You wish!" Hawk replies, me and Moon laugh. Demetri went to hit the ball back to Hawks side when he misses and it hits the net.

"Uh..Mulligan, send it back" Demetri says sighing. "There's no mulligans in volleyball" Hawk answers, Demetri scoffs, "says you...water break!" Demetri says walking away to getting his towel.

"Idiot" I whisper. I hear Moon laugh. I love Demetri don't get me wrong but he can be a real pain in the ass sometimes.

"Cobra Kai? You guys won that karate tournament, right?" A random girl asks Demetri. He had a cobra Kai towel. "Uhm..The all valley? The rumble in reseda? Yes, uh..we certainly did." Demetri says to the girls a bit nervous. I see Hawks face confused.

I chuckle. "Cool! We're gonna go for a swim, but maybe play with you later?" The same girls asks. "Pffft...mos def Uh, that means most definitely" Demetri says leaning on the volleyball net.

The girls laugh and walk away waving. Me and Moon go up to Demetri. "Look at you, player" Moon says giggling, I laugh. "I'll be right back" Moon says to me, I smile and Nod. Gosh she's so perfect, might have to steal her away from hawk HAHAH

I go walk over to hawk. "It'd be nice if you earned the Cobra Kai credit, you're so happy to take" Hawk says. "When are you ever gonna sign up?" I butt in. Hawk and Demetri look at me.

"I don't know. I'm kind of enjoying the gain without the pain" Demetri says. I shake my head.

"Hawk, Y/n" We hear, we both look over to see Miguel with his towel on his shoulder. "Hey, there's the man" hawk says. "Hi!" I say. Miguel comes up to us dabbing up Hawk and side hugging me. "What's up" miguel says in a low tone.

"No. No more of this, look, it's a beautiful day out. The beach is packed with babes. No more sulking about Sam" hawk says looking at Miguels bummed expression. The name Sam gets to me. Is Miguel STILL obsessing over Sam?! Can you just move on!

"I'm not sulking about Sam..it's about Sensei" Miguel says, glaring at me. I knew exactly what he was gonna say. Last night, we saw Robby Keene on Senesis fridge. We both made theories before I went back to my apartment last night. Miguel also told me about the whole Robby Keene thing you know.

"Is this about his rap sheet? My parents read it online. I think it makes him more badass." Hawk says, I laughed.

"It's about him and Robby Keene" Miggy says, I glup. Hawk scrunches up his face a bit.

Miguel started to explain about last night and what we saw. "No way" Hawk says, as we all where now sitting on the sand..just us.

"Let's just Stop thinking about it until later, when we go to the dojo" I say to them both. "Good idea, I'm gonna go swim with Moon, peace lover boy and lover girl" Hawk says getting up from the Sand leaving.

Me and Miguel looked at eachother realizing what Hawk just called us. We both slowly look back to the water. The silence was awkward. "Sooo I like your bathing suit!" Miguel speaks up. I look over to him and smile. "Thank you Miguel" I say. He looks over to me. We stare into each others eyes, getting a bit closer.

That's when a dodge ball hits Miguels head. I started to laugh, only to realize it was Bert who threw it. "OW!" Miguel yells getting up from the sand, he started to chase Bert as I was dying of laughter.

I then see Bert trip on the sand as Miguel tackles him. I was dying of laughter.

LATER, AT THE DOJO:

We just began our lesson.

"There's a lot of talk going around the Valley about free karate" Senesi says going to stand in front of us.

I was standing next to Miguel. "But everyone knows in life, you get what you pay for" he says pointing to the phone. Aisha was recording a Commercial for Senesi, to promote our Dojo.

"You wanna really kick the competition?" He then kicks a bonsai tree, that a boy in the class was holding.

I tried to hold in my laugh. "Then You need to get your ass over to Cobra Kai! Screw that lame meditation bullsh*t! What you need is bone-crunching, face-smashing, good old American karate" Senesi says. Then he goes to a punching dummy and starts to hit it in every way..

"Enough about self defense, learn self offense. Dont be a pu*sy. Join Cobra Kai and let me teach you, the way of the fist" he says holding up his fist. We where only doing this commercial because this dude named Daniel Laursso made a comment about us in his commercial "snake in the grass" Daniel is Sams dad, and Johnny has war with him. Yes, Miguel told me everything on our free times

"Andddd cut." Aisha says putting her phone down from recording looking at the screen.

"All right, we get it?" He asks. "I think so" Aisha replies. "Alright great, make sure the Cobra Kai snake comes in at the end, all right? I want it to really pop" Senesi says.

He starts to walk away, "make it chrome, and throw thunderstruck under it" he says walking towards away.

"I'm pretty sure the rights for that will cost too much" Aisha says. I laugh a bit.

"No , I already own it. Cassette in the car, oh, and put one of those hash browns at the end, you know, like hash brown team cobra Kai or something"

"And send it to the internet!" He yells. I was laughing at this point. He walks off to the back storage room.

Miguel looks at me and Hawk. "Let's go ask him about Robby" Miguel says. I nod.

We follow Johnny.

We both walk in, "I got a lot of new students coming in, this isn't a storage locker anymore" he says. I correct myself now.

"Senesi can we talk to you about something?" Miguel says. Senesi turns to us. "Nope can't do this" I whisper, "abort!" I say. I was gonna walk back to the main room until hawk pulls me back to my spot, I roll my eyes.

"If it's about the informer dial, I know" Senesi says looking at all 3 of us. "It's not about the commercial" I say. "It's about Robby Keene" Hawk says.

He looks at us with a face, I can't explain. "What about him?"

"Me and y/n saw a picture on your refrigerator" Miguel says calmly. "We weren't snooping but...." I say. "We know he's your son" Miguel says for me. "That's why you got mad at me and Miguel after the tournament, right?" Hawk asks.

"Is that what you think?" Senesi asks the 2 tall boys next to me. "This is my que to go" I say.

They all look at me as I leave the room.

"What was that all about?" Aisha asks. "It's about Robby Keene that's all, I'm sure they'll tell you the whole story later" I say. She shrugs.

LATER:

I was at Miguels apartment watching movies on his couch. I didn't wanna be alone since my Grandma is working, so Miggy invited me over.

Miguel was pretty bummed out about Senesi kind of yelling at him, Miguel told me everything.

I rub his shoulder, "it's gonna be alright Miguel, I'm sure Senesi doesn't hate you" I say. Miguel looks over to me and smiles. "Thank you..for everything. Even though we knew each other for like a week, you're the best" he says. I smile. We stare into each others eyes once again. It felt like the world was evolving around me and Miguel.

I felt butterflies. Until again Something interrupts.

Someone knocked on Miguels door. (So I realized Miguels apartment number is 1, so our apartment number is gonna be 2) He gets up opening the door as I'm behind him, only to reveal Senesi.

"Hey Senesi, what's going on?" Miguel asks. Senesi looks over to me, then Miguel. "Let's go for a ride, both of you" He says. Me and Miguel look at each other. We walk out as he closes the door behind me.

We both get into the car. Miguel in the front, and me in the back. "So what where you 2 doing?" Senesi asks starting up the car. "Just watching movies mostly" I answer.

He puts the music, as we sit there in silence the whole ride.

We finally get here, it was a diner. Senesi opens the door for me and Miguel as we walk in.

"Go find a table, I'll order the best food" Sensei says. Me and Miguel nod walking over to the table that's right in front of the doors, not to close though.

We wait until Senesi comes with, 3 cheeseburgers and fries for me.

He sits down as we take a bite. "It's good huh?" Senesi asks me and Miguel.

I was sitting next to mig  while Johnny was in front of us. "Hell yeah" I say. "Mhmm" Miguel says wiping his mouth. "The Secrets the chopped onions" Sensei says. "I'm allergic to Onions!" I say. "Wait what?!" Miguel and Sensei says about to freak out.

"Messing with you both" I say, Johnny laughs as Miguel shakes his head. "Like I was saying, no veggie crap in here. Just a hot grill and some quality chuck" Johnny says. I smile as Miguel takes a bite of his burger. Miguel looked confused why Johnny was acting different after kind of yelling at him about the whole Robby Keene thing.

I take a bite of the burger, I see Johnny looking at the building in front of us. "You see that building over there kids?" Johnny asks us. Me and Miguel look over. "The hospital?" Mig asks. "That's where Robby was born" he replies.

I turn my head a bit, I was interested what he was gonna say.

I sit back in my seat. Miguel was looking at Sensei. "February 4th, 2002, it was a Monday, his mom was in labor for 17 hours" Sensei says looking over to me. So he's our age. I raise my eyebrow a bit.

"It must've been crazy" Miguel says. I look at Miguel sitting back up.

"Yeah, I'm sure it was...I wasn't there...and" Johnny says, he dropped his burger onto his plate, "my mom had just died. I was a real mess, I never knew my father so she was all I had. Next thing I know, I'm gonna be a dad" he smiled a bit. I look down.

"Scared the sh*t out of me. So, instead of being up there, welcoming him to the world..I was down here, soaking up the booze from a three-day bender, trying to get the courage to walk across the street, and I never got there." I was still looking down, the thoughts of parents just made me sad. I only knew my mom for 5 years and I don't remember anything. I only knew my dad for 10 years..but I only remember a couple memories.

"If it makes you any better...my mom died when I was 5 and my dad ran away when I was 10" I say smiling a bit. Both Miguel and Sensei look to me. "I'm so sorry..." Miguel says. I look down. "Hey..I'm here for you, I hope you know that...both of you.."Sensei says. I look up smiling at bit.

"Please, continue with your story" I say sitting up. Sensei chuckles, he looks down a bit, then back up. "Well, I failed my kid on his very first day in this world...and ive been failing him every day since." He sounded like he was gonna break down.

"Senesi this is personal stuff, you don't have to tell us" Miguel says. "No I should've told you a long time ago" Sensei says to Miguel. "And y/n..."

"It's..it's one of the most painful things in my life..but one of the best things" he sighs Shakely.

"Has been teaching you....and now getting to know y/n" he says. I look to Miguel and Smile.

"And one of the best things was moving in next door to both of you" I say. They look over to me smiling. Sensei has watery eyes. "And I want you both to know, no matter what happens...I promise..I'll always be on your sides, and I'll always have your best interest at heart"

By now my eyes where watery. Even though I met Johnny like a week ago, he's been a huge father figure to me. And I love it. "Thank you" me and Miguel both say. "Yea, alright"

My phone then rings. "Sorry" I say looking at my phone, it was a text from Aisha. "What is it?" Miguel asks. "It's from Aisha" I say. "She heard that Miyagi-Do is doing some sort of demo at valley fest..she told me about miyagi-do and all that" I look up to Sensei. "Oh, they are, huh?"

A/N: sorry for this boring chapter...but heyyy! I literally can't wait to write the school fight! ・▼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 5.6K 22
Y/n moved back into California after her mom passed away with her dad and older brother. She finds a dojo called cobra Kai and finds out some classma...
332K 8.9K 21
Maeve Lawrence was a normal girl in Highschool with a little friend group. Until there's a new kid in her apartment area who starts to stand up for h...
181K 5.3K 21
"What if I'm down? What if I'm out? What if I'm someone you won't talk about? I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm fallin'" _____ Maeve Lawrenc...
8.4K 341 16
Y/N L/N moved to California last year, His assimilation to the LA lifestyle has been rocky in the nicest way. With absent parent at home, He doesn't...