toxic | j. baker¹

By baxteravenue

In which the "it girl" with daddy issues and the quarterback with daddy issues connect over a mutual bond of... More

cast list
playlist
character description
one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
book 2

three

8.9K 159 23
By baxteravenue

If it wasn't already obvious, Luna had major issues when it came to her father. Luis Ramirez was a very flakey, inconsiderate, and selfish man. The only time he set aside for Luna was always cut short by him making up some excuse or blatantly telling the girl that he just had to leave. Maria Adams was very used to this behavior from her baby father, she just wished her daughter didn't have to endure the issues that came with dealing with him.

Luna sat at the kitchen counter, her chin in the palm of her hand as her mother and stepfather glanced at her sympathetically. Her dad had promised he'd be there in the morning to see her off before school but yet again, he never showed, leaving her extremely disappointed.

"Why don't I take you to school?" Peter suggested.

"I'd rather walk to school," she deadpanned. "No offense, but I think I'll just take myself to school. Thanks for the offer though."

"Luna..." Maria raised her eyebrow.

Luna hopped off of the stool, picking her backpack off of the floor, and shrugged. "I said thanks. Goodbye."

She walked away, leaving the two adults alone, and headed straight for her car. After what should've been a 5-minute drive turned 15 due to her emotions stirring up in her stomach because of her father, she finally arrived at school and headed straight for her locker. Her phone buzzed in her back pocket and what she was hoping was an explanation from her dad was a mass text of a gif displaying Spencer fumbling a 40.

"Your cousin's an idiot." Jordan's voice sounded behind her.

"Not my cousin," she grimaced. "And yeah, Asher's been an idiot since we were two."

"I had to talk Spencer down from kicking his ass," Jordan commented.

Luna furrowed her eyebrows. "I think Asher could use a good ass-kicking. So...you just gonna stand in front of my locker and stare at me?"

Jordan glanced down at the floor, softly chuckling to himself. "Well, when the views this good, yes."

"Ew, that was cheesy," she groaned. "Why are you being weird?"

"I was just thinking about the night we hung out after my game," Jordan shrugged. "And I was hoping we could something like that, again. But, not if you don't want to!"

"No need to shout, I'm right in front of you," Luna held her hands up defensively. "But, about that the whole hanging out thing, I'll...I'll think about it."

"Think?" Jordan raised her eyebrows.

Luna let out a soft giggle, pointing up at the speakers in the school hallway as the bell rang. "Here's this, make some plans, and then I'll think about it. I've got to get to class."

"I'll call you!" Jordan blurted, immediately pursing his lips together once he realized she was nowhere in sight.

♡♡♡

"I think this is the first time I've ever been in your bedroom."

Luna flinched at the sound of Jordan's voice echoing through her bedroom. She turned her head away from her laptop, pushing away all her assignments related to Shakespeare. And confusion was splashed all over her face at the sight of the Baker boy in her room.

"What the hell are you doing in my bedroom?" she questioned. "You scared me."

"Your stepdad told me I could come up here," Jordan shrugged, glancing around her room in amusement. "Your room's cool. Very...you."

"Thank you," she smiled. "Now, are you here to distract me from this Shakespeare assignment or just compliment my room?"

Jordan straightened out his posture, clearing his throat slightly. "We are going somewhere. I was going to call you but, I didn't think you'd answer. So I came here instead. Let's go."

"I probably wouldn't have answered," she confessed. "But, where are we going?"

"South Crenshaw," Jordan answered. "We've got things to do. And I won't take no for an answer."

"Assertive," Luna smirked, pushing herself off of the desk chair. "I like that in a man."

Jordan blushed at her words, practically chasing after her as she ran ahead of him. They hopped into his convertible and despite Luna's confusion about Jordan's burst of confidence towards her. For some reason, she didn't mind spending time with him.

Once they arrived at the small house in Crenshaw, they got out of the car, waiting for someone to answer the door and a black woman, who Luna had assumed to be Spencer's mom, had answered the door, with a small smile on her face inviting the two in once she recognized Jordan as the boy who her son lives with and Luna as the girl who cheers on Beverly on Friday nights.

"A cheerleader, huh?" Dillon questioned beside Luna. She didn't know how she and Jordan ended up chopping vegetables in the kitchen but Ms. James was a very hard person to say no to and Jordan practically forced her into helping him. "Man, Spencer keeps getting cooler and cooler."

"Well, Spencer never mentioned he had such an adorable little brother," Luna giggled.

"Adorable?" Dillon laughed, popping his imaginary collar. "Stop it, you're flattering me."

Jordan let out a small laugh at their interaction, shaking his head at the young James boy. Conversation and laughter erupted throughout the kitchen as time passed by, they were all too distracted to even notice Spencer until the girl beside him said something.

"Who is this El Debarge-looking dude?" she scoffed. "And her? She fine, though, she can stay."

"Jordan, Luna?" Spencer's eyes drifted between the two of them. "What are y'all doin' here?"

Luna took a step forward, pushing her hand out to the shorter girl. "I'm Luna, nice to meet you."

"She's a cheerleader," Dillon whispered, loudly.

"Jordan and Luna offered to help for the cookout," Ms. James said, playfully smacking her son on the shoulder at his comment.

"Well, I helped," Luna grinned proudly as she looked over at Jordan's chopping board of poorly cut greens. "Jordan...tried."

"Oh, I like this one," Coop chuckled, pointing at the brunette. "She's got jokes."

Luna eyed Jordan as he and Spencer stepped out of the kitchen and walked out to the living room to talk privately, leaving her all alone.

Coop took notice of the suddenly lonely girl and as the cookout started she dragged her over to the table with another girl and Spencer.

"Luna, Patience," Coop introduced them. "Patience, Luna. She's that lightskins girlfriend."

"I'm not his girlfriend," Luna corrected, shaking Patience's hand. "And you are very pretty."

"Okay, hold up, Mrs. Beverly Hills," Coop intervened, holding her hand up. "You might not be his girl. But, Patience is spoken for. So, slow your roll."

"So, you're telling me, that you and Jordan are just friends?" Spencer asked, slightly interested in the gossip. "Ain't no way he brought you here to my mom's house and y'all are just friends."

"We are friends," she confirmed. "I mean Jordan's very attractive, don't get me wrong. But, I guess, I've never seen him in that way."

"He definitely sees you in that way," Coop mumbled under her breath.

Spencer nudged the girl beside him to be quiet, before holding his hand up and waving Jordan over. Jordan finally walked over and moved his chair right beside Luna sitting as close to her as possible. And as the cookout carried on, more of Spencer's friends had started to arrive.

"I'm Cam," a tall darkskin greeted her, practically undressing her with his eyes which made her extremely uncomfortable. "You definitely ain't from around here, huh?"

"I'm Luna," she answered, scootching her chair closer to Jordan's, hoping for him to notice which he did and in response, threw his arm around the girl. "I'm a friend of Spencer's from Beverly Hills..." she motioned between her and Jordan. "We both are."

The two Beverly natives were extremely quiet until a conversation about rappers was brought up and Jordan had hopped in. Luna wasn't very interested in the conversation so she sort of zoned out until she realized Jordan was still speaking and although she mentioned before that he was attractive. She didn't quite realize how hot Jordan was until he was passionately speaking about some rapper who she literally had no idea who he was.

The cookout had dragged on until it got dark out and the group of teens had headed into the living room and carried on with their conversation. But the light-hearted conversation pertaining to Black culture soon took a turn for the worse when Chris for one wouldn't stop calling Jordan, "Carlton." And then two, when he picked a card about something having to do with a Black church.

Luna stayed quiet throughout the entire game, for obvious reasons. But it was sort of irritating having to listen to someone bash on her friend throughout the whole night and then to make things even worse Chris even decided to take it a step further and disrespect Spencer in his own house. His comment made everyone in the house turn silent and the tension in the room was thick. And for some reason, those boys felt as if the only way to solve their issues was to play football.

Thirty minutes later, Jordan, Spencer, and Luna had pulled up to the football field. Luna had asked Jordan to borrow one of his hoodies which he happily obliged to and he couldn't help but admire the way she looked in his sweater.

"Damn, JJ's ripped," Luna widened her eyes at the blonde. "He's kind of...hot?"

Jordan turned to the girl with a frown. "Go sit with Coop and Patience."

"Only because you said please," she giggled, patting his bicep. "Good luck!"

Luna skipped over to Coop and Patience and sat beside Patience, shooting her a flirtatious grin which earned her a glare from Coop but she waved it off. The game was pretty intense and Luna was almost positive she saw blood shooting out from Spencer's mouth making her grimace in disgust. The game was evenly tied but before either team could attempt to score or go any further, campus security had run onto the field making everyone run away. Luna saw the crowd of people running in one direction and followed after them, running into JJ and Asher, ultimately catching a ride with the two of them since she couldn't find Jordan.

Asher turned around in the passenger seat, glancing at her. "Do I wanna know how you ended up here?"

"I was with Jordan," she shrugged. "And don't bother asking why."

JJ let out a loud laugh from the driver's seat, making the two glance at each other in confusion. "Dude, Jordan's totally trying to bang your cousin!"

"Gross, JJ!" Asher groaned. "She's not interested."

"And if I was, Asher has no say," Luna scoffed. "If he can date Layla, I can do whatever I want with any of his friends."

JJ stopped the car, letting out a sound of amusement. "We're here."

Asher glanced at the glowing sign. "Why are we at Dave n Buster's and not at her house?"

"Because I'm not ready to go home," JJ stated, opening the car door. "And I know damn well, none of you had plans for the rest of the night."

"He's not wrong," she sighed, tapping on the window of the passenger side and glancing at a moody Asher. "Come on, Ashy-knees."

"I told you to stop calling me!" Asher argued following after them. "You promised Peter you would stop!"

"Why are you just standing there?" Luna glanced at JJ who was holding his hand out for money. "You're the one who drove us here. You're paying."

"I was just joking," JJ tapped his finger against her nose. "Don't worry your pretty little head about it."

She slapped his hand away, immediately stepping away from him. "You need to learn boundaries, JJ."

"Agreed," Asher grimaced, glancing at the arm around his shoulder.

"Oh, cheer up, guys!" JJ grinned, throwing both of his arms around them. "We have this place all to ourselves."

The trio had played games all night until closing time. Luna had fun hanging with the two boys and as much as she denied it she really did appreciate having Asher by her side. The two had grown up together and although they were both the only children in their families if there was one person they knew they could count on for anything, it was each other.

✧✧✧

👤 asheradams, jjparker

liked by jordanbaker and 1800 more

lunaramirez jj took asher and me to dave & busters he's basically our dad now🤪👨‍👧‍👦

jordanbaker thx for telling me you got home safe🙂

jjparker ur welcome babygirl

   →lunaramirez don't even start😭

asheradams thanks daddy jj🥰

    →jjparker ur welcome babyboy😘

asheradams also s/o to me for taking this picture of u🥱

    →lunaramirez thx i guess🙄

01x03

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 711 19
Olivia Baker is the only child and daughter of the head coach of an NFL team. Her dad's rules are clear, no relationships between her and any of the...
16.3K 872 28
Two college students from two different sides of the country, Olivia Baker and Spencer James meet in the most unlikely way, which makes their budding...
113K 2.1K 48
▍𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐨𝐨𝐨. 𝗹𝗮 𝗹𝗮 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱 ❪ ʰᵉʸ ᵇᵃᵇʸ, ʷᵃˢᵗᵉ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵉ ⁱⁿ ᶜᵃˡⁱᶠᵒʳⁿⁱᵃ ❫ ·˚ ༘☆ ↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊͙ 𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃... ...
224K 4.5K 40
Life in Beverly Hills was a blast. Having rich parents who let you do whatever you wanted...whenever you wanted, seemed like the ideal life for most...