Frosted Tricksters

By PikaWings

After Bunny yells at him, and the guardians turn their back on him, Jack searches for the one person he knows... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 3

4.6K 106 10
By PikaWings

"I thought this might happen"

The serene scene had been ruined by the sickeningly fake concern in that cursed voice.

"They never really believed in you. I was just trying to show you that." It continued as anger was flaring back up inside of Jack. Loki didn't show any outward signs of having heard it, but he was already readying his daggers to gut the damn spirit and feed it to the draugar.

"But I understand."

Jack had had enough and released the first attack, sending a blast of ice to the shadowy foe. He jumped in the air and leaped over Pitch to send a second attack from the other side as well. "You don't understand anything!"

Pitch simply blocked the attack with his sand, his powers having grown considerably since their last battle. "No?! I don't know what it's like to be cast out?!" He sent out 2 blasts of his own, forcing the winter spirit to dodge and leap into the air.

Jack sent a powerful blast at him, reaching the same levels as their first solo battle. Pitch brought up a pillar of sand to block the attack. "To not be believed in?!" From the settling dust he yelled out again. "To long for a-a family." He almost said desperately.

Jack turned to face him again as Pitch walked closer without attacking this time. He fell out of his defensive stance as he gave Pitch a chance to talk. The nightmare king didn't look at Jack, casting his eyes down as he opened up more. "All those years in the shadows I thought no one else knows what it feels like. But now I see I was wrong." Pitch locked eyes with Jack. He seemed to really be contemplating what was going on.

Pitch smirked a bit. "We don't have to be alone, Jack."

Before he could even muster another sound. A slow clap resonated from behind them. They turned to see Loki, lounging in a chair with a hot cup of tea on a table. Loki deadpanned at Pitch as he kept up his slow applause, much to the annoyance of the Nightmare King. He slowly got up and walked to them. "Thanks for the dinner theatre, but that's enough. The child isn't alone, so no need for your melodramatic performance." Loki went to stand with Jack, very well knowing he was getting on Pitch's nerves. He was definitely not putting himself between them to protect the younger.

Pitch hid his growing scowl behind a charming smile. "Oh how could I have forgotten the presence of the God of trickery. I must say, it is an honor. But I fear you understand my intentions wrong. I believe Jack is capable of great things." He bowed slightly before moving to circle the pair. "I believe in him. And I know the children will too." Jack couldn't believe his ears. Somebody believed? "In me?" Is there still a way to be seen? Was there really a chance?

Loki kept an eye on Pitch as he moved. To him it was obvious he was trying to trick Jack. What he didn't know was how. What was his angle.

Pitch saw Jack was believing his words and delightfully cried out. "Yes! Look at what we can do!" He gestured to the structure that their powerful attacks had created. "What goes better together than dark and cold?" Nightmare sand incased in ice. Beautiful yet dangerous. "And you, sir Loki. With you with us as a mediator between spirits and humans, who wouldn't believe our existence! Your reputation alone should be enough to solidify the belief in us!" He turned back to Jack, convincing the boy seemed so close. "We can make them believe, Jack. We can give them a world where everything, everything is-"

"Pitch Black?" The frost beings both said, though Loki sounded more bored than questioning.

Pitch knew it looked bad for him so he had to make up something fast. "And Jack Frost, too. And who better to rule over the humans than a god himself?" He looked at Loki. The man will not be easily convinced but he can always try. "They'll believe in both of us, ruled by a mighty god who will not be defeated."

Loki rolled his eyes at the ass-kissery Pitch was trying. "Yes, well, I believe I'll pass."

Jack glared at Pitch. This was all just a trick again, so he would get what he wants. If it has to be forced, then he rather remain unseen. "No, they'll fear us. And that is not what I want." Jack turned to leave and Loki went with, readying himself to teleport them out of there. "Now, for the last time, leave me alone."

Pitch glared at the retreating figures of his would-be allies. He almost had that insolent child convinced were it not for the meddling Asgardian. Plan B it is then. "Very well. You want to be left alone? Done. But first..."

Of course he had to pull something right before they left. Jack whipped around at the pained squeaks of Baby Tooth. The little fairy was trapped in Pitch's fist. "Baby Tooth!" Jack called out, reaching forward to come to her aid. As Jack got closer, Pitch squeezed harder. Baby Tooth squeaked frantically, telling Jack to not fall for the obvious trap. Jack got into a battle stance, ready to fight for the little fairy's safety.

Loki about had it with the dramatics and pulled out his daggers. "Let the bird-child go Pitch. Whatever it is that you want, you will not get it." He slowly stalked closer.

Pitch seemed to ponder for a while before giving a finite answer. "Yes, well, I do believe I'll have to pass. This isn't your battle to fight, Loki. Return to Asgard, or Jötunheim, whichever you wish, but stay out of this." He warned as the trickster god was very much getting on his last nerve.

"I am a god, you pathetic creature, you are beneath me and shall not dare to tell me what to say. Do as I say and let the bird-child go, or I will personally drag you to Alfheim where there isn't a single shadow to hide in." Loki promised as he lunged forward, daggers at the ready. Before he reached Pitch however, Loki was dragged into the shadows by a horde of Nightmares.

Jack stood in shock as he watched his closest friend disappear. "What did you do to him?!" He held up his staff, ice crackling thought the wood, brimming to be released.

Pitch simple laughed mockingly. "You are in no place to give demands, dear boy. But if you must know, he is simply taking a ride though the shadow realm. I wouldn't count on him being back any time soon. Now, hand me the staff or you get to see another friend disappear because of your incompetence. End your bad habit of interfering, and I'll let her go." He squeezed Baby Tooth a bit harder to add pressure onto Jack to surrender.

With Loki gone, Jack really felt alone. Truly, he knew he didn't have any other option. Pitch had gotten too strong, he can't take him alone. He can't risk losing Baby Tooth too, after all it's his fault she is in this position. Even if there was anybody still left to fight for him, they wouldn't get here on time. Not even Thor and Mjölnir. Jack lowered his stance and handed it to Pitch, much to the protest of Baby Tooth.

The moment Pitch ripped it out of his hands, the once powerful conductor of Jack's magic was dull. The frost patterns that decorated the wood dissipated immediately. Within milliseconds, the once powerful and beautiful weapon was reduced to nothing more than an old piece of wood. Jack looked up, glaring with whatever fight he still had left. "Alright, now let her go."

Pitch acted like he was actually considering it, happy he got what he wanted. That happy smile turned into a cold and bored stare. "No," he shook his head, "you wanted to be alone? So be alone!"

Baby Tooth got mad and noticed the loosened grip on her body. With the little extra wiggle space, she managed to move her head just enough to peck him in the thumb with all her might.

Pitch screamed in pain and threw Baby Tooth as far as he could. She was of no use to him anyway so no point in keeping her.

Jack tried to watch where Baby Tooth few off to but it was impossible to follow her small frame over such a distance. He turned back to Pitch, wanting to fight. He was only in time to watch Pitch snap his staff in half over his knee.

He screamed out in pain. His entire body felt like it went up in flames. Before he could even move, Pitch had already sent out a wave of sand and shoved Jack down a crevasse. Without his staff he couldn't ask the wind so soften his fall, not like he would have been conscious enough to do so. His body came to rest against the wall of the crevasse. Pitch looked at him from above. "Oh how the mighty have fallen." He chuckled as he threw down the broken pieces of what used to be Jack's staff. As Jack passed out from the pain, Pitch shadow travelled away.

He didn't know how long he had been gone, But Loki finally managed to break away from the sand creatures long enough to teleport back to where Jack was. He saw him laying against the ice wall and rushed over. The young spirit was completely out cold, and Loki could tell something was off.

The winds outside of the crevasse were picking up, no longer soft and playful but cold and cutting. Loki saw the broken staff and picked it up. Jack's connection to the winter elements had been cut off. With nobody to keep it under control, nature was free to do as it pleased.

With the fragmented staff in hand he went back to Jack. The child wasn't looking well and he knew he had to get him to safety. Swinging an arm over his shoulder, Loki lifted up Jack's frail body. The sudden movement got Jack to wake up for a second. "Baby Tooth." He rasped, concerned for his tiny friend.

Loki looked around for the small bird-child and saw a small lump of iridescent green a bit deeper into the crevasse. Carefully balancing Jack, Loki bent down to pick up the little helper.

Baby Tooth squeaked as she was getting picked up, fearing it was Pitch again. She looked quizzingly at Loki, ready to fight if needed.

He looked at the tiny being in his hand, wondering why it had to be him that befriended the young immortal. "Jack would never forgive me if I left you here." He said as he shifted Jack into a more comfortable position. The temperatures started to drop fast as the start of a snowstorm started to form just a few feet above them. He was sure the little fairy wouldn't last long in this weather. "Can you stand?" He asked. Baby Tooth stood up and walked up Loki's arm to stand on his shoulder.

Loki took a glance between the fairy and theteen draped over his shoulder. Where his brother to hear of his, he feared hewould never hear the end of it. Loki warned Baby Tooth to brace herself as heteleported them back to his cabin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 129 7
|Fantasy AU| |Status: Complete| WARNING: You WILL cringe. (It's still a good read, if I do say so myself) Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, the Easter...
969 80 15
Pitch is back with one thing on his mind: Revenge. And his anger will be taken out on a certain Frost who had ruined everything for him. He knows hur...
6.3K 135 14
"It wasn't my choice to be like pitch. People were afraid of me. Thinking I was the grim reaper." What if one day jack sees glowing eyes everywhere...
1.1K 47 11
"My fellow guardians, it's is our job to watch over the children of the world and keep them safe. To bring them wonder, hope, and dreams. So I have c...