Coco: Remember Me (Miguel x F...

By SlinkyDogg

Miguel's friend is (Name) (Last Name). Who move to Santa Cecilia. Ernesto de la Cruz's home town. Her papa se... More

NO MUSIC
I DON'T WANT TO BE IN THIS FAMILY
Héctor
Who Doesn't Show Up To Their Own Rehearsal
The Final Death
Your Mother Always With You Cariño
Or Something I Drank
We Shouldn't Forget Him
THAT'S FOR MURDERING THE LOVE OF MY LIFE
Remember Me
Our Love For Each Other Will Live On Forever

First Performance

5.9K 168 49
By SlinkyDogg

We ride a cable cart to the contest. "You told me you hated musicians. You never said you were one." Miguel said. "How do you think I knew your great-great-grandpa? We used to play music together. Taught him everything he knows." Héctor told us. Miguel didn't buy it. But I could see it. With Héctor's singing voice.

"No manches! You played with Ernesto De La Cruz the greatest musician of all time?" Miguel said. Héctor laugh. "Ah, you're funny. Greatest eyebrow of all time maybe. But his music? Eh, not so much."

"You don't know what you're talking about." Miguel told him. "Welcome to the Plaza De La Cruz! Showtime, chamacos!" Héctor said as the cable cart comes to a stop.

We climb out and Héctor gives Miguel and guitar before we run to sign up. On stage a lady skeleton climbs out of a skull.

"Bienvenidos a todos! Who's ready for some música? It's a battle of the bands, amigos. The winner gets to play for the maestro himself, Ernesto De La Cruz at his fiesta tonight!"

Héctor kneels down and points at the stage. "That's out ticket, muchachos." He told us before we went behind stage. "Let's the competition begin!"

After Miguel sign up we waited behind stage for his turn. "So, what's the plan? What are you gonna play?" Héctor asked him. "Definitely Remember Me." Miguel answerd. Héctor then swipes the guitar out of Miguel's hand. "NO! Not that one. No." He said looking away.

"Come on. It's his most popular song!" Miguel told him. "It's too popular." We all at the contenders to see they all have the same idea. Héctor gives Miguel a 'see' look. "What about Poco Loco?" I suggested. "Epa! Now that's a song!" Héctor said happily.

"De La Cruzcito? You're on standby. Lis Chachalacos, you're up next." A band walk pass us and started to perform. Everyone was cheering and clapping making Miguel nervous. Héctor hands Miguel the guitar and askes. "You always this nervous before a performance?"

"I don't know. I've never performed before." He answer sitting down. "WHAT?! You said you were a musician!" Héctor said. "I am! I mean, I will be." Miguel told him making Héctor put his hands over his face. "AY!" "Once I win." Miguel said.

Héctor then stands up straight. "That's your plan?! No. You have to win." He then sits down on the box in front of Miguel. "Your and your friend's life literally depends on you winning. And you've never done this before! I'll go up there." Héctor reach for the guitar. But Miguel pull it away.

"No! I need to do this." Miguel told him. "Why?" Héctor asked. "If I can't go out and play one song, how can I call myself a musician?" Miguel asked. "What does that matter?" Héctor asked. "Because I don't want to get De La Cruz's blessing I need to prove that I'm worthy of it." Miguel answered.

"Oh, that's such a sweet sentiment at such a bad time!" Héctor said grabbing his head in frustration. "Okay! Okay. You want to perform? Then you got to perform!" Miguel set the guitar down. "First, you have to loosen up. Shake off those nerves."

Héctor shakes his whole body. Even his head came off then fell off back on his neck. He smile at Miguel, who dies nothing. "Come on Miguel." I said with a smile before shaking my whole body. Miguel then shakes his body as well.

"Now give me your best grito." Héctor told him. "My best grito?" Miguel asked. "Come on, yell! Belt it out." Héctor jumps on the box and screams. He then falls back, laying on the box. "Ah, it feels good." He sits up and smiles at Miguel. "Okay, now you."

Miguel tries to yell. But it sound like he was an animal stuck in a trap. Héctor falls back on the box surpise. Dante and I hide behind Héctor. Scared of his grito.

"Oh, come on, kid." Héctor said face planting. Then that band finished up. "De La Cruzcito, you're on now!" Héctor and I guide a very nervous Miguel to the state's stairs.

"Miguel, look at me. Hey, look at me." Héctor said grabbing Miguel, lifting him off the ground and placing him in front of him. "You can do this. Grab their attention and don't let it go." He then push Miguel up the stairs. "Make them listen, Chamaco. You've got this."

"De La Cruzcito!" Héctor and I cheer for Miguel as he slowly walks on stage. The lady skeleton got off stage and Miguel slowly walk up to the mic. He looks at all the skeletons waiting for him to play. Making him step back a little.

"What's he doing? Why isn't he playing?" Héctor asked Dante and I. "Bring back the singing dogs!" Someone in the audience shouted. Miguel looks to us for help. I give a determine look before I got on stage. Héctor try to stop me but failed.

I walk up to Miguel. "Come De La Cruzcito where's your grito?" I asked him. Miguel gives a nervous confused look. "Come on!" I then let out a scream. Making people clap. Miguel take a deep breath. Before letting out his own scream making more skeletons clap. "Qué bien! Vámonos! Whoo!" Miguel then stared to play the guitar.

Miguel: "What color is the sky?"
(Name): "Ay mi amor, ay mi amor"
Miguel: "You tell that it's red"
(Name): "Ay mi amor, ay mi amor"
Miguel: "Where should I put my shoes?"
(Name): "Ay mi amor, ay mi amor"
Miguel: "You say..."
(Name): "Put them on you head!"
Miguel: "Ay mi amor, ay mi amor You make me un poco loco"
(Name): "Un poqui-ti-ti-to loco"
Miguel: "The way you keep me guessing I'm nodding and I'm yes-ing I'll count it as a blessing That I'm only Un Poco Loco"

"No! No! No!" Dante then pull Héctor on stage with us. Making more skeletons clap. He gives a nervous look before he starred to dance to the beat. "Not bad for a dead guy!" Miguel told him. "Not so bad yourself, gordito! Eso!" Héctor started to take himself apart as he dances.

Héctor: "The loco that you make me It is just un Poco crazy"
Miguel: "The sense that you're not making"
(Name): "The Liberties you're taking"
All: "Leave my cabeza shsking You're just un Poco Loco."

Héctor puts himself together and motions us to spin. We do as he said and spin back to the Mic giving our grito.

All: "Un poqui-ti-ti-ti-ti-ti-ti-ti-ti-ti-to loco"

Héctor makes Miguel stand on his shoulders, picks me up barbarian style, with his head in my hands. Everyone clap loudly for us. Héctor set us down and I hand him back his head. When his head was back on he place his hands on our shoulders. "Hey! You did good! I'm proud of you. Eso!"

Miguel smile at Héctor, who throws his hands up in the air. Miguel and I follow throws our hands up as well. "Otra! Otra! Otra!" As the audience cheer for us. Miguel grabs my and Héctor's hands pulling us off stage. "Hey! Where are you going!" I asked him as we get pull away.

"We got to get out of here!" Miguel told us. "What? Are you crazy? We're about to win this thing." Héctor told him. The lady sketeon got on the Mic. "Damas y caballeros, I have an emergency announcement. Please be on the lookout for a living boy and girl. Answers to the name of Miguel and (Name)."

Héctor looks back and stops. "Earlier tonight Miguel ran away from his family. And his friend (Name) went after him. They just want to send them back to the Land of the Living."

Héctor then look down at us. "Wait, wait. You said De La Cruz was your only family." Héctor said to Miguel pull free and losing his hand. Miguel catches his hand but Héctor swipes it away, putting it back on. "The only person who could send you home."

"I do have other family, but..." Miguel started but Héctor cut him off. "You could have taken my photo back this whole time?!" He asked him.

"But they hate music! I need a musician's blessing." Miguel told him. "You lied to me!" Héctor said pointing at Miguel accusingly. "You're one to talk." Miguel told him.

"Look at me. I'm being forgotten, Miguel. I don't even know if I'm gonna last the night. I'm not gonna miss my one chance to cross that bridge because you want to live out some stupid musical fantasy."

"IT'S NOT STUPID!" Miguel told him. "I'm taking you to your family." Héctor said grabbing both our wrist and pulling us towards the stage. "LET GO OF US!" Miguel scream, trying to pull free. "You'll thank me later." He told him.

"Miguel, maybe he's right... I mean..." I said, causing Miguel to pull free and look at both of us angrily. "You two don't want to help me! You only care about yourselves!"

"Miguel, look at the situation were in. You're turning into a skeleton! And I'm about to disappear forever!" I reminded him. Miguel ignore me and took out Héctor's photo. "Keep you're dumb photo." He said tossing it away. "Miguel!" I said as Héctor and I run after it catch it.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" He yelled before I caught the photo. "I got it!" I told Héctor turning and smiling at him. He takes a breath of relief. We turn to where Miguel was but he was gone and so was Dante. "Hey, chamaco! Where did you go?" Héctor asked looking around.

"Stay close Cariño, can't lose you too." Héctor told me, taking my hand. We make our way through the crowd looking for Miguel. "Chamaco! I'm sorry! Come back!" Héctor said looking around. "Miguel! Miguel, please come back!" I pleated for my friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645 34 16
(this is my first attempt at writing a story) This story follows Imelda and the Riveras, as on Dia de los Muertos, Imelda and Hector's eldest son Joh...
181 11 11
Book 4 1 Year has passed and John still hasn't been found,Imelda and her family moved to a farm that was owned by her great uncle,Imelda still lives...
30.1K 1.1K 16
I OWN NOTHING!!! I DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY OFF OF THIS!!! IT IS JUST A FANFICTION MADE FOR FUN!!! Male!Chel X Female!Reader Based on the movie but a r...
18.1K 482 17
( this fanfic is the result of a person's boredom during Christmas Season) Being a single mother. It's a tough job but Y/N managed to get the hang of...