Baby Grey (Grey's Anatomy) AB...

By mill25x

ABANDONED "Part of being dark and twisty is not having good relationships with people, but here I am, surroun... More

CAST
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty five
Twenty six
Twenty seven
Twenty eight
Twenty nine
Thirty
Thirty one
Thirty two
Thirty three
Thirty four
Thirty five
Thirty six
Thirty seven
Thirty eight
Thirty nine
Forty
Forty one
Forty two
Forty three
Forty four
Forty five
Forty six
Forty seven
Forty eight
Forty nine
Fifty
Fifty one
Fifty two
Fifty three
Fifty four
Fifty five
Fifty six
Fifty seven
Fifty eight
Fifty nine
Sixty
Sixty one
Sixty two
Sixty three
Sixty four
Sixty five
Sixty six
Sixty seven
Sixty eight
Sixty nine
Seventy
Seventy one
Seventy two
Seventy three
Seventy four
Seventy five
Seventy six
Seventy eight
Seventy nine
Eighty
Eighty one
Eighty two
Eighty three
Eighty four
Eighty five
Eighty six
Eighty seven
Eighty eight
Eighty nine
Ninety
Ninety one
Ninety two
Ninety three
Ninety four
Ninety five
Ninety six
Ninety seven
Ninety eight
Ninety nine
One hundred
One hundred and one
One hundred and two
One hundred and three
One hundred and four
One hundred and five
One hundred and six
One hundred and seven
One hundred and eight
One hundred and nine
One hundred and ten
One hundred and eleven
One hundred and twelve
One hundred and thirteen
One hundred and fourteen
One hundred and fifteen
One hundred and sixteen
One hundred and seventeen
One hundred and eighteen
One hundred and nineteen
One hundred and twenty
One hundred and twenty one
One hundred and twenty two
One hundred and twenty three
One hundred and twenty four
One hundred and twenty five
One hundred and twenty six
One hundred and twenty seven
One hundred and twenty eight
One hundred and twenty nine
One hundred and thirty
One hundred and thirty one
One hundred and thirty two
One hundred and thirty three
One hundred and thirty four
One hundred and thirty five
One hundred and thirty six
One hundred and thirty seven
One hundred and thirty eight
One hundred and thirty nine
One hundred and forty

Seventy seven

7K 255 19
By mill25x

"You're a name brand. You're like the freakin' Ritz-Carlton of surgery. Who cares if that's why they want you?" Alex scoffed to Jackson a week later at lunch in the cafeteria.

"Because he knows deep down he's more of a roadside motel," Cristina said.

"Oh, oh, oh, she's going for the soup," Alex said, pointing at Holly Wheeler as she made her way around the cafeteria.

"Bold move. She's gonna have to talk to the soup guy," Cristina said.

"She's looking good. Looking confident," Jackson said. Holly spun around, walking away.

"And she bails. No soup for Holly," Alex sighed.

"She looks terrified. Why are you so mean? Would you just go buy her some soup?" Lexie said.

"No, it's not mean. She's going home soon, and Dr. Fincher says, she has to learn to do things for herself," Meredith said.

"Mm. And you're gonna finally have to go to Boston for your interview," Cristina said.

"I am not avoiding the interview," Meredith said.

"Really?" Cristina asked.

"They asked me if I knew if you were considering them when I called to say no," Erin said.

"What did you say?" Alex asked.

"I said I don't know," Erin shrugged.

"Well, wherever you go, just beware, they may judge you more on your personality than what really matters, like your resume," April said.

"Meredith is not like you. Her personality doesn't suck," Alex said.

"Oh, pizza station," Jackson said, looking back at Holly.

"Oh, whatever! You know what? Those programs can suck it. I'm tired of trying so hard not to be me. You know what? I like me," April said.

"That makes one of us. You make it so easy," Alex snorted.

"Look, you don't have to not be you. Just be a little less you. That's all," Jackson said.

"Get up," Mark charged over to them, grabbing Jackson's shoulder.

"What are you doing?" Jackson asked.

"Claire Hiatt just called to tell me you walked out on your interview. Call her back, apologize," Mark said.

"Look, I respectfully withdrew my application," Jackson rolled his eyes.

"You want me to drag you out by your ear?" Mark asked.

"I..." Jackson trailed off. Mark gave him a look and Jackson groaned, standing up and walking away.

"Freakin' Robbins," Alex scowled, storming away to talk to Arizona. Erin rolled her eyes fondly.

"What did they say when you turned them down?" April asked Erin.

"They upped my offer," Erin said.

"Really?" Cristina asked.

"Yeah. They offered me everything Arizona has offered me and more. But I said no," Erin said.

"You said no?" Cristina cried.

"Yes, I said no. I don't want to leave Seattle. I don't want to leave this hospital. I love it here, I love the people I work with and I love the life I've built," Erin said.

"Are you doing this for Archie?" April asked.

"I'm doing this for both of us. I have to do what's best for Archie and that's not uprooting him and moving him halfway across the country away from everyone he knows," Erin said.

"That is absolutely stupid," Cristina interjected.

"No, it isn't," Meredith slapped her arm. "It's sweet. Erin is being a good mother and honestly, I'm on Erin's side. I don't want to leave here, either," Meredith said.

"That's stupid. You can have a family anywhere," Cristina said. "And, anyway, family isn't everything. Surgery is," Cristina said.

"And we want both of our families and our surgeries here," Meredith said.

"Still, very stupid," Cristina rolled her eyes. Erin stood up, dropping her fork down onto her plate.

"I honestly don't know why you're so against my decision, Cristina. If you want to leave, if you don't want kids, that's great. That's your life, but stop shitting on me for how I'm living mine. I love my job, I love my family, I love my house and it's all in Seattle so this is where I'm staying. If you don't like it, that's your problem," Erin snapped, storming away from the table as Holly walked over to sit down with the others.

"Okay, baby. You're gonna be staying with Arizona and you're gonna be really good for her, okay?" Erin bounced Archie on her hip as she and Arizona stood outside of the shuttle bus, Erin saying goodbye before the residents had to fly to San Francisco for their boards.

"Mmma," Archie giggled.

"Yeah, baby, mama," Erin said, kissing his cheek. "Don't you dare start walking without me or I'm gonna kick your cute little butt," Erin whispered.

"She means it," Arizona laughed, kissing Archie's cheeks a few times.

"Be good," Erin said.

"He will be," Arizona said. "Now, get on your bus and go. He's gonna be fine," Arizona said.

"He's my baby," Erin shrugged, hugging Archie tightly. "I'm gonna miss you, little man. Be good," she said.

"You will be back by the end of the weekend. You'll be fine, he'll be fine, we'll all be fine," Arizona said. Erin sighed and kissed Archie's forehead.

"Fine," she said. Erin kissed Archie's cheek.

"I love you, baby boy. Be good for Arizona and don't you dare start walking or talking without me," Erin said. Archie nodded and Erin laughed. "Okay, be good. Arizona, listen to these specific words: don't you dare let him walk or talk or I'll kick your ass," Erin said.

"I will," Arizona said.

"I'm serious," Erin said.

"I know," Arizona said.

"Okay," Erin sighed. Arizona took Archie and put him on her hip.

"Go and be great!" Arizona said.

"I don't want to go," Erin groaned, pulling them both into a tight hug. Arizona kissed her cheek softly.

"You're gonna be amazing. I love you so much," Arizona whispered.

"I love you, too," Erin said.

"Call me as soon as you land," Arizona said.

"Take care of our boy," Erin said.

"I will. We'll send loads of pictures and have loads of fun. I promise," Arizona said. Erin nodded reluctantly.

"Okay. I love you both," Erin kissed Archie's cheeks and Arizona's lips.

"We love you," Arizona said.

Erin turned and got on the bus, sitting on the row next to Jackson and April.

"You ready for this?" April said, looking Erin curiously.

"I feel bad about leaving him. Can't I bring him?" Erin asked.

"No, we can't. Where the hell are Alex and Meredith?" Erin said.

"I have no idea," April said. Erin stood up and walked to the door of the bus.

"Bailey! Where's my sister and Alex?" she called.

"I'll find them!" Bailey called, heading inside the hospital.

"Erin!" Catherine called. Erin turned around, seeing Catherine and Jackson walking towards her in the lobby of the hotel they were staying in.

"Catherine! What are you doing here?" Erin smiled, letting Catherine hug her.

"I'm one of the examiners tomorrow, I'm doing three sessions. I probably won't see you before then so I wanted to wish you good luck. Jackson told me I'd psych you out but Richard has talked about how good you are at tests so I figured a little good luck wouldn't do any harm," Catherine said.

"Thank you, Catherine. It means a lot," Erin said.

"Of course, sweetheart. How's Archie?" she asked.

"He is staying with Arizona while we are here," Erin said.

"But Zola has the stomach flu and now Meredith does, too, and they all live together so it's not gonna be long before Arizona and Archie are sick," Jackson sighed.

"What?" Erin's mouth dropped open. "What? They have the stomach flu? And you're only telling me now? Derek and Arizona cannot handle two sick babies, Jackson. Why would you not tell me sooner?" she asked.

"I only found out when I walked past Meredith vomiting in a bin on our way to you," Jackson said.

"Oh, shit! I have to call Arizona and I have to get her to take Archie somewhere else before he gets sick. We can't handle sick babies," Erin shook her head, fumbling for her phone.

"I'll leave you to handle this," Catherine pat Jackson's shoulder and walked away to get registered.

"Erin, Derek and Arizona are doctors. They can handle sick babies. And, chances are, Arizona and Archie are already sick. Text Arizona, check in and then get yourself registered," Jackson said. Erin sighed.

"Fine. But if he gets sick, which he probably will, I am gonna say I told you so," Erin said, walking to get into the line to register.

"Okay, 56 year old presents with pancreatic ductal obstruction and dilated main pancreatic duct. Post-op procedure. Yes," Jackson smiled as he flipped the flashcard over.

"Dude, give it a rest. If we don't know it by now, we're screwed. Besides, you've got your magical pencil to see you through," Alex rolled his eyes.

"He's got a magic pencil? Oh, say more," Cristina said. Erin snorted, flicking over her flash card.

"His mommy brought it," Alex said.

"Wait. How magical is this pencil? And can it stop that?" Cristina pointed at April, who's face was crumpled as she sobbed. Erin sighed, rubbing her back reassuringly.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. This all just got really, really real," April sobbed.

"And man down. Two men down. First Grey, now-" Jackson started.

"Meredith's not down. She's fine," Cristina said.

"Whoa. Shut up," Alex said, jumping up and putting the phone to his ear. "Dr. Robbins. Well, you don't answer my texts. I just want to know if you got Tommy's X-rays back yet. Okay? Is Morgan, uh, are, are you gonna operate?" Alex said into the phone. He ended the call quickly. "I gotta go," Alex tucked his phone into his pocket. 

"What's going on?" Erin said.

"Go where, to eat?" Jackson asked.

"No, I gotta go back to Seattle," Alex said, grabbing his bag.

"What?" April whimpered as Alex slammed the door behind him.

"Three down," Erin sighed, pulling out her own phone to see what was going on with baby Tommy.

"This stomach flu Zola's given Meredith, will an IV fix it?" Cristina asked.

"Yeah. IV, fluids, probably some painkillers for her headache," Erin said.

"Thank you," Cristina jumped up.

"I'll go. She's my sister," Erin said.

"No way. You'll get sick and infected, and then you'll infect the rest of us. I'll take her the stuff with full protection gear and you can pay me back by not having phone sex in the bed across from me tonight when I crash in your room," Cristina said. Erin nodded.

"Fair enough," she said. Cristina left the room and Erin pulled out her phone, dialing Arizona.

"Hey, baby, do you know what the hell is wrong with Karev?" Arizona said.

"He's just left. I'm assuming he's on his way back. Sorry," Erin said.

"Don't be. It's okay. I'll sort it," Arizona sighed.

"Okay. How's my baby?" Erin asked.

"I am just great," Arizona teased. "I'm kidding. Uh, he's got the bug but he's okay. Derek told me to go to work while he deals with the kids so I did, but I keep checking in every hour. I think he's sick of me but it's whatever," Arizona said.

"Are you sick?" Erin asked.

"No, I'm fine. Promise," Arizona said.

"Okay. I love you and our baby," Erin said.

"I love you more. Call me tonight," Arizona said.

"I will," Erin ended the call and rolled onto her back, grabbing her flashcards again.

"Who is that?" Jackson asked as Erin, April and he ate dinner at the bar. He pointed over at a man on a table behind them, pointing at April with his friend.

"Oh, that's the guy who thinks I stole his job. He hates me," April sighed.

"So what? He's a douche," Jackson said. The men stood up and Erin rolled her eyes.

"Ah, and here he comes," she said. Jackson stood up quickly.

"Nah, dude, just don't. Just sit down," he said as the men got close enough.

"No, no, I-I want to apologize. I was a tool this afternoon. No hard feelings?" he held his hand out to April.

"Sure, yeah. No problem. No problem at all. I'm sorry," April shook his hand.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," Erin frowned.

"I mean, best man wins and all that stuff, right? Or woman, whatever," the man said.

"Yeah, he's had a few beers. And he got bad news today, so we'll just-" his friend started.

"All I'm saying is, obviously, she can offer something that I can't offer," the man said. Erin raised her eyebrows, spinning completely to face him.

"All right. Everybody's a little wound up, all right? So, big day tomorrow, maybe you should, um, go sleep it off," Jackson said.

"Are you the boyfriend?" the man asked.

"He wishes," Erin muttered to herself.

"You know, you should watch out next year, 'cause, uh, Ted Stevenson likes himself a redhead," the man smirked, motioning to himself.

"I think you should leave," Erin raised an eyebrow.

"Or maybe you found that out already. Is that how you got the job?" he said. April stood up and socked him in the face. Erin smirked slightly.

"Oh! Bitch!" he recoiled backwards, clutching his bloody nose.

"Hey, look, you need-" Jackson tried. The man jumped at Jackson, fist raised. Erin stood up and punched him before he punched Jackson, sending him flying back into his friend again.

"Really? Going for the guy cause a girl is kicking your ass?" Erin scoffed.

"You want to go?" the man jumped back towards Erin and April.

"Yeah, bitch! I want to go!" April shouted, trying to jump at him. Erin grabbed her before she could.

"Stop!" the guy shouted.

"Yeah, you want more of this? 'Cause I got more!" April shouted.

"Shut your big mouth, all right?" the guy said.

"Oh, yeah, it goes with my big brain, dumbass!" April cried. Erin raised her eyebrows, pulling her back again. 

"What?" the man scoffed.

"That's why I got your job next year!" April said.

"April!" Jackson hissed.

"Ugh!" April pulled free of Erin's arms, launching herself back at the man. Erin sighed, she and Jackson moving forward to grab her again.

"Enough!" Richard Webber shouted. Everybody fell silent and Erin and Jackson pulled April back. "Now if anyone is still here in 30 seconds, you're barred from the test. Now get!" he said. Everybody left, leaving Jackson, Erin and April with Richard.

"That was not our fault, okay? These case western reserve guys, they started the whole-" Jackson tried.

"What are you doing here?" April cried. Richard's eyebrows shot up and Erin sighed, grabbing her drink from the bar. She finished it quickly, knowing he would send them to bed.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here?" Richard said.

"We just came down here to get something to eat-" Jackson said.

"No, I thought you were here to prove that the considerable amount of money spent training you wasn't wasted, that the dreams you had of becoming surgeons won't vanish in a puff of smoke tomorrow when the examiner asks you a question and you can't answer it because instead of getting a good night's sleep, you were engaging in a barroom brawl," Richard said.

"We should probably go," Erin said, patting April's shoulder.

"We should go," Jackson agreed.

"Good night, chief," Erin said, pushing April forward.

"Okay, night, chief," Jackson said. They had reached the lift when April gasped.

"Oh, my god. I punched a guy," April whispered.

"Yeah, you did," Jackson chuckled.

"You have a hell of a hook, April. I'm very impressed," Erin grinned. "You have gone up in my estimations," she said.

"Thank you. You have a good punch, too," April smiled.

"You learn to punch guys who act like that quite soon when you go to college at fifteen," Erin laughed.

"I always forget about that," April said.

"Yeah, me too. You don't act like a spoilt genius brat," Jackson said. Erin shrugged.

"Meredith raised me better. Mentioning my sister, I'm going to make sure she's okay," Erin said, stepping off the elevator as they got to their floor.

"I'm gonna go and read my notes," April said.

"I'm gonna order room service," Jackson said.

"Okay," Erin smiled, heading down one hallway while they took the other to their room.

She found Cristina outside of the door and she sat down beside her.

"Your sister is here," Cristina said.

"You guys just missed April kick a guy's ass. Remember the guy who's job she took? He came over saying she only got the job for sex so she punched him. And then he tried to go for Jackson so I punched him and then there was a whole fight with April and Richard's here and he shouted at us and sent us to bed," Erin said.

"No way!" Cristina gasped.

"How was her hook?" Meredith's voice came through the door.

"It was pretty damn good for a Cristian farm girl. I'm very impressed. She might even be my new hero," Erin said. The three of them chuckled. "How you feeling, Mermaid?" she asked.

"Like shit," Meredith groaned.

"I promise I'll be by your deathbed as soon as the boards are over," Erin said.

"What would I ever do without you?" Meredith said sarcastically.

"I have no idea," Erin snorted.

"Has Archie got it, too?" Cristina asked.

"Yep. Poor Arizona and Derek," Erin sighed. Cristina made a face and Erin laughed. "I know," she said.

"Hey, so, uh, how's Tommy?" Erin said into the phone before bed.

"His bowels had rotted completely. We took him off the vents and he died about an hour ago," Alex said. Erin sighed.

"Oh, poor Morgan," she whispered.

"She was a wreck. Broke my heart, if I'm honest," Alex sighed. Erin bit her lip.

"I get it. But you're coming back, right? For the boards?" Erin said.

"I don't know," he said.

"Alex, you have to try. It's the boards. We can't be peds fellows together next year if you don't come back," Erin frowned.

"I can't leave Morgan," he said.

"Alex-"

"No. I can't. Meredith didn't leave you, did she?"

"That was completely different. My baby was already dead when I woke up. I didn't get to have her like Morgan had Tommy. Right now, you can't be there for her. You have to be here. You think Arizona is gonna let you stay and miss the chance to be a fellow? No, so do the right thing and get back here before you miss the boards."

"I can't. Be my freakin' person and understand that," Alex snapped. Erin sighed and rubbed her forehead.

"I don't understand that. But I am your person. So, do what you have to do. Just... Try and get here, okay? Your career is so much bigger than one child," Erin said.

"Thank you," he said. There were a few beats of silence.

"You know I love you, right? Whatever decisions you make, I love you," she said.

"I know. I love you, too, and I know you're gonna be fine tomorrow. Just don't freak out, remember you're a brilliant surgeon and that you and Cristina are tied first for least bad outcomes. You're gonna do it. Don't stress," Alex said.

"And you're gonna get back in time. Promise me you'll try?" she said.

"I promise. I'll come when I can," he said.

"Thank you. Goodnight," Erin said.

"Night," he clicked off the call.

Erin called Arizona and waited for a few seconds for her to pick up.

"Hi," Arizona whispered.

"Why are we whispering?" Erin whispered.

"Because I've only just got little guy to sleep and he's had a long day. He's over the worst of it, though. Missing his mama. I can't blame him. I do, too," Arizona said.

"I miss you guys more. Honestly, I'd do anything to be home with a sick baby instead of being here," Erin said.

"You're coming home tomorrow and then you can have your fill of sick Archie," Arizona said.

"Is it bad I'm excited?" Erin sighed.

"Slightly," Arizona chuckled quietly. "Oh, baby, it's okay," Arizona whispered as Archie whined in discomfort.

"Put me on speaker," Erin said.

"Okay," Arizona said.

"Hi, baby. It's mama. I'm really sorry I can't be there while you're sick but it's okay because you have Arizona there and I know she's helping you feel better. I love you and miss you so much," Erin said.

"He's smiling," Arizona said.

"Good," Erin sighed, lying her head against the pillow.

"I love you, Erin, and you're gonna do great tomorrow. We believe in you," Arizona said.

"Thank you," Erin mumbled. "I love you two more than anything," she said.

"Erin Grey," an examiner stepped out of the door. Erin stood up, the first of their group to be called. She walked over to her and shook her hand.

"It's nice to meet you," she smiled.

"It's nice to meet you, too," the woman smiled back, motioning for her to head inside. She sat down on the chair opposite the two examiners.

"Welcome to the American Medical Board of Surgery Certifying Examination. We'll give you four separate scenarios in 3 30-minute sessions, 10-minute breaks in between. To pass the test, you must pass two of the three sessions. Now you can fail a session and still pass. Still pass. But examiners are not permitted to indicate whether you passed or failed each session. You'll be rated on your ability to diagnose, manage treatment, handle the unexpected, basically, the strength of your constitution in crisis. And when we move on to the next scenario, there's no doubling back, meaning, once a question is asked, you can't go back," the examiner said.

"Do you understand?" the woman said.

"I understand," Erin nodded.

"Then, let's begin," the man said.

Erin left the room after her first session, finding Meredith vomiting in a bin with Cristina beside her.

"Oh, lord. You okay?" Erin asked.

"Great," Meredith groaned. "I wanted to vomit every time they mentioned the bowel or rectum or-" Meredith gagged again. Erin rubbed her back.

"How did you find that?" Cristina said.

"I thought it was alright. God, they really try to catch you out, don't they?" Erin said.

"Yeah. Seen Jackson or April or Alex?" Cristina said.

"No. Each session probably runs differently depending on how much we talk," Erin said.

"Yeah, probably," Cristina said.

"Okay, I have to pee so good luck on your next sessions," Erin said, hurrying down the hallway to use the bathroom.

"How's it going?" Erin greeted Jackson after the second session.

"My mom had sex with Richard last night, now she's in the room beside me. She is everywhere I turn and she's freaking me out," Jackson muttered. Erin sighed and stood on her tip-toes, pulling him into a quick hug.

"If it makes you feel any better, my mom has had sex with Richard before," she said.

"Not really," Jackson sighed. Erin chuckled.

"Yeah, I can see why it wouldn't. But, hey, just try and pretend it's somebody else. Focus on the bowels they keep talking about. It's disgusting. Making me feel a little bit ill," Erin said.

"Yeah, me too. How's it going for you?" he asked.

"It's going okay. They seem to be impressed. I think. I don't really know. I say something that I know is right and then they bring up the most unlikely what if scenario which I'll answer to and then they'll stare at me with a blank face and I panic," Erin groaned.

"We've just got to be positive and pretend to be okay until we are," he said.

"Fake it until we make it?" Erin laughed, leaning against the wall.

"Exactly," he smiled.

"Dr. Grey?" her examiner poked her head out of the door, smiling when she saw Erin and Jackson.

"Good luck," Erin said. Jackson nodded.

"Kick ass," he said, pushing her towards the examiner.

"That your boyfriend?" the examiner asked.

"One of my best friends. My girlfriend is at home," Erin smiled.

"That's nice. Is she a surgeon, too?" she asked.

"Yeah, head of pediatrics," Erin said.

"That's good. A surgeon, she gets it," she said.

"She does. We have a baby at home, too, so he's in the daycare in the hospital and we get to see him a lot. It's really nice," Erin said.

"I love babies. How old is he?" the woman said, sitting down beside the other examiner.

"He'll be one in July," Erin smiled.

"You must be excited," the man said.

"Really excited," Erin said.

"Well, let's get through this last session and send you home to your son. I'm sure you miss him," the man smiled.

"More than you'd believe. Let's do it," Erin smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 200 6
Younger Sister of Meredith Grey starts internship alongside her Sister, watch as she faces challenges and falls in love.
2K 102 13
Fem!OC x Alex Karev Fem!OC x Mark Sloan Fem!OC x Male!OC Season 1 - ?? (Started: february 2024) Nadine O'Malley always wanted to be a surgeon, she di...
673K 18.2K 89
Saving lives is all I wanted to do in life but something harder than a open heart surgery is protecting your own heart. I thought I was strong enough...
96.1K 2.3K 72
Danica Rose Millers has gone through hell on earth. She starts her internship at Seattle Grace Hospital and meets people who will change her life for...