The School of Wolves

By SODream1

Crescent Swiftwater, an innocent shift-less human raised in the turbulent society of werewolves, discovers a... More

The School of Wolves Introduction
Ch. 1 The Pack
Ch. 2 The Campfire
Ch. 3 The Beginning of School
Ch.4 Part 2 of School
Ch. 5 A Comforting Hug
Ch.6 What a Night!
Ch.8 Babysitters?
Ch. 9 Not so bad Babysitters
Ch. 10 The Aftermath
Ch.11 The Second Day
Ch. 12 Stay away
Ch. 13 The Car
Ch. 14 Something's Wrong
Ch. 15 Dark Times
Ch. 16 Why did I never find you to be irritating?
Ch. 17 Badminton
Ch.18 Locked In
Ch.19 Who's there?
Ch. 20 Lighter and Princess
Announcement
Ch.21 To the Rescue
Ch.22 Grounded
Ch.23 Blood Moon Pack
Ch.24 Who's Down for Ice Cream?
Ch. 25 Hierarchy
Ch. 26 A New Type of Chivalry
Ch. 27 Fall
Announcement!
Ch. 28 Practice
Ch.29 I Don't Want to Hurt You
Ch. 30. Really?
Ch. 31 The Bonfire
Ch. 32 Explosive Night
Ch. 33 By the Window
Announcement!!
Ch.34 The First Test Mishap
Announcement!
Ch. 35 First Test, Then Fight
Ch.36 Saved by Him
Ch.37 Night in Shining Armor
Ch.38 A Close Call
Ch. 39 A Chase
Ch. 40 The Pack
Ch. 41 His Call
Ch.42 A Prisoner
Announcement!
Ch. 43 A Half Breed?
Ch. 44 Her Mission
Announcement!
Ch. 45 Obstacle Course
Ch. 46 The Great Wizard
Ch.47 Designated Savior
Ch. 48 My Turn
Announcement!
Ch. 49 A Helping Hand
Ch. 50 Heroic

Ch. 7 What are you wearing?

418 5 0
By SODream1

(Preview)

I watched as the wolves instantly stopped fighting and bowed their heads in sync and shifted. Once the black wolves shifted to human form I was a little surprised to find my brothers lying on the hallway floor. But I kinda already figured out that the wolves looked exactly like my brothers wolves. What I can't figure out is why did Jake and Jared fight?

They are always able to keep their cool and what would lead them to both loose their cool and act out. I know for a fact that wolves with Alpha blood can get agitated and are quick to fight but the last time I remember them having a fight like this was years ago. So what triggered them to fight now all of a sudden?

(Cress pov.)

My mother ran to my brothers side and draped blankets over their bodies before they would be exposed naked to everyone in the room. After securing the blankets around their figure they stood up looking around embarrassed. Glancing at the mess they made they solemnly hung their heads in shame.

My father walked over to them and started to sternly reprimanded them for starting a fight in the kitchen saying, "....If you wanted to fight, go and take it outside but not in our newly finished kitchen!" As my father asked them why they fought he suddenly stopped in mid sentence and looked over at Finn.

With a questionable look he asked, "Son, why are you wearing a robe and SpongeBob slippers at this time of night? Shouldn't you be in your training gear like James and Garrett?"

Everyone looked over at Finn curiously. They had not noticed Finn wearing a robe and slippers when he came in. Haha, Finn will never be able to live down this moment. He has always had an obsession with the SpongeBob tv shows and movies since he was younger. I guess interests never die.

Jake all of a sudden started to laugh as he thought Finn wearing SpongeBob clothing was the most hillarious thing he has ever seen. It probably wasn't good timing because Finn glared at him as my Dad sternly looked at Jake to be quiet.

That silenced Jake pretty quickly but he still wiggled his eyebrows at Finn as he gave him a smirk. Sigh, my brother can be such a child.

James just stood by and watched the whole situation with mild interest. Ever so often he would glance up and look around before gazing off into the distance.

To everyone else he looks like he is bored but I know this is just his resting face. Sometimes he even looks mad which intimidates all the young shifters when they meet him in the training room for the first time.

However, I know for a fact that he is always alert and listening to everything around him just in case of an attack. Even though we haven't had an attack for years.

In the future he will be a good beta to this pack and my brothers. I trust him and not just because he is my cousin.

Finn hesitated before answering my fathers question because he knows that speaking one wrong word would send him to cleaning the training rooms and training ground for weeks. Just thinking about all the sweat, blood and grime in those training rooms makes me want to puke.

I'm glad that I don't have to go in there because only those who are punished have to clean them and Finn already had to clean them last year when he came late to training a couple of times. If he doesn't have a good reason why he wasn't at training he would have to clean the gross training rooms.

Even if they do get cleaned every weekend, surprisingly it gets dirty really fast with hundreds of shapeshifters going in and out of them every week. However, it does put a good incentive to be on time and listen to the instructure so they don't have to clean the rooms but some people still get in trouble.

Its honestly what's expected because there's a lot of young hormonal shifters. Sometimes training can be dangerous if you're not careful. So my dad always has a high ranking wolf in the room at a time just in case they need to stop a fight before it gets worse.

It does help keep everyone in line and doing things right so they don't have to clean the rooms. It's almost laughable but I know I would never want to clean them. If Finn doesn't have a real reason why he wasn't at practice this would be his first warning; or if my father is in a bad mood he would just have him clean it right away.

However, it's hard to tell what mood my father is in but looking at him, I can sense he isn't in the happiest mood right now. With his figure towering over everyone and his more stoic face than usual makes him look like he isn't in a good mood.

He would probably have Finn clean the training rooms just to clean them even if he is one of my best friends. With a grimace on his face for a split second before morphing into a smile that would always get him out of trouble. On second thought, maybe not this time around.

Scratching the back of his neck he sheepishly said, "Alpha! Mr. Swiftwater, the training coach let me off to finish my homework and have a break since I finished everything I needed to do this week. He said I did a great job. His words not mine. I must say you have picked a wonderful new trainer, he will train the new generations well and he's very mature already for his age, very strong too..."

As Finn started to ramble on, my father sighed giving me a look saying, are you really sure this is your friend? I only smiled at my dad and mouthed, "Go easy on him." My father only grunted in response. Leading me to wonder if he will give him a light punishment or not. Finn can be.. what's the word.. very convincing when he needs to.

My father raised his right hand in the air to stop Finn's ramble. Sometimes once he talks it's like a never ending machine that spouts out nonsense but I give him credit for scoring himself some good points from his ramblings. He can always make up something good to say in such a short notice because he is very good with words.

Sighing, my father said, "Okay I will let you off this time but you have to help Garrett out this weekend with the new shape shifters."

Garrett stiffened slightly before sighing. I guess Garrett isn't too thrilled to spend time with Finn this weekend. Stifling a giggle, I looked up at Garret who stared back down at me with a raised eyebrow. Shoot! I guess I did giggle after all. I don't want to make this situation even worse by giggling, how embarrassing.

Smiling, I sheepishly covered my hands over my mouth to stifle the giggles. Garrett only smiled down at me knowing I was trying hard not to laugh out loud. His face held an annoyed brotherly look as he nodded over in Finn's direction before his face morphed into a smile as he looked down at me.

Just then Finn straightened up and saluted to my father first then to Garrett before shouting, "Thanks Alpha! I won't let you and Garrett down sir!"

I cringe a little from Finn as he shouts loudly. I was standing only a few feet from him and my ears are still ringing. My human ears are sensitive from all the yelling not being able to handle Finn's shouts. "But..please don't let me see you in your SpongeBob underpants again. You've scarred everyone's eyes enough for the night," my father tiredly said.

Finn nodded before looking sadly at his choice of clothing. Saying under his breath, "It's not underpants, its pj's." Quickly he looked up to see if my father heard him but he was already running out the door with my brothers.

Looking back at my mother, I only briefly saw my brothers running out the back door with James following behind before they all disappeared into the forest. I missed what they told everyone before they left because I was too busy watching Finn complain about his SpongeBob pj's.

Voicing my question I asked my mother, "Why did Father take Jake, Jared and James into the Forest?"

My mother came over to me and gave me a hug before saying, "Oh, sweetie are you okay?" Nodding my head my mother smiled at Garrett for probably staying my my side and said, "Your brothers just need to burn some energy they should all be cooled down when they get back after a run."

My mother smiled and moved my hair out of my eyes and tucked it behind my ears. A gentle motherly instinct to make sure her daughter was safe. The gesture immediately calmed down the nerves that I didn't even know I had. I let out a sigh before nodding my head to my mothers explanation.

Clapping her hands together she said, "There's a meeting with all the coming of age she-wolves tonight that I will be leading so I will be back sometime around 10 tonight."

Before her hand touched the door knob to go outside she turned around with a smile saying to Garrett and Finn, "Would you guys be able to stay with Cress for a while and watch a movie if you guys don't have anything else planned tonight. I don't want to leave her alone all by herself after the incident just now."

Her voice held some authority behind the words because everyone knows it's a command not a choice but she said it in a nicer way.

Garrett in a general like voice said, "Yes, Luna we will stay until you get back." Finn only nodded in agreement with Garrett.

"Great, there's snacks in the kitchen. I will be back in a little while. Have fun!" With a little wave of her hand my mother disappeared out the front door and was never seen again. DUN Dun dun. Haha sorry that didn't happen just had to say it.

After mother left we all just stood around looking at each other not knowing what to do just yet. Well more like Finn smiling at Garrett as he scowled and me wondering why my mother left me alone with these two boys.

Wait. Why am I left with two of the strongest young warriors in the pack who are very likely going to be my babysitters for the next couple of hours. Well this is going to be fun.

After my mom asked Garrett and James to stay with me I felt like I was being babysat right away. Do you agree with me?

Am I right? Who's parent asks someone to stay and practically watch over their teenage daughter? Apparently it's my mom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

792K 21K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
4.1M 135K 51
Emmanuelle is running, running from a heartbreak she doesn't want to remember. Packing her things she takes off, driving to a wherever her car takes...
24.9K 1.7K 35
Book #3 of The Bonds of Fate series. "Why?" She cried, her entire world shattering before her very feet. "Why are you doing this?" He was not lookin...