Angel of Mine

By jasdarealDON

After a drug addicted mother and her daughter is separated from an alley raid, six year old Zahara learns to... More

Disclaimer
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty-nine
Thirty
thirty - last chapter
new book

eight

22.9K 1.4K 911
By jasdarealDON

excuse mistakes

Six months later....

"Papa I swear if we not there before everybody I'm gone deform your whole face." Dior mugged.

Court didn't start until 10:00 and it was currently 7:45. Dior wanted them to be the first ones there to show how serious they were about Sahara. The court was approximately 1 hour away so that meant that they would get there around 8:45-8:50.

Dior had on a nice tailored ivory pant suit. It hugged her curves greatly and gave her a professional look. She paired it up with her black red bottom heels. Dior didn't do much on her make up she decided to just go with a natural look and her diamond earrings. Ja'Kye had on a nice pressed and ironed ivory turtleneck with his grey dress pants, he paired it with his gucci dress shoes and his cuban link chain and watch. The couple screamed professional and money.

Ja'Kye finally came downstairs with his phone and keys. "I'm ready, you gave Hulk food?"

"Yea, let's go get our baby." Dior grinned.

Ja'Kye chuckled and kissed Dior's forehead. They both proceeded to the car to head to the courthouse. On the way there they stopped for smoothies and breakfast sandwiches. They didn't want to be out on a empty stomach.

"You guys ready to take your babygirl home?" Ms. Tolbert asked.

"Yea we ready." Kye nodded.

Dior and Ja'Kye's lawyer walked in with his brief case and with a big smile on his face. He was the best family court lawyer in the state. He went by the name, Mr. York.

"You guys ready?" Mr. York asked looking at his best dressed clients.

"Yes sir, we're ready." Dior nodded tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. Her nerves were kind of setting in, so she was ready to get everything over with.

"Okay, let's go in." Mr. York nodded.

The three walked into court room 30B. It wasn't as big as the other court rooms it was more smaller. It was practically empty besides Ms. Tolbert, Sahara, and two police officers.

Dior, Ja'Kye, and their lawyer set up on the other side of the room at their table, while Ms. Tolbert tried to keep a whiny Sahara calm.

Sahara was finally released from the hospital two months ago. She had to have another surgery because her intestines that were clipped together tore and started bleeding out. While she was in the hospital she gained 16 pounds and she even started being more vocal. However when she was released she did have to go to a foster case until court date. Dior and Kye were still able to visit but at this point they were ready for Sahara to live with them forever.

"Has anything changed since our last meeting?" Mr. York asking his clients. He didn't want any surprises during the hearing.

"No sir, everything is the same as documented." Dior stated.

"All rise for the honorable judge Timothy Brown." The baliff called out from his corner.

Everybody in the room stood, except for Sahara who was to busy talking to Mr. Tubby.

Timothy Brown walked in with his black robe and his clear glasses and a natural mug on his face. Once he sat down in his chair the baliff spoke again.

"You may be seated." And with that, each party sat down at their tables.

Judge Brown started browsing through the paperwork and the folders that were sitting on his stand. "Are we here for the adoption of Sahara Harris, to Dior Wright and Ja'Kye Allen?"

"Yes sir." Mr. York stood up and stated with a nod.

"Which party would like to go first?" Judge Brown asked pulling up his glasses and taking a look out into the court room.

"We will your honor." Mr. York objected.

"Yes sir, Ms.Tolbert will you be aiding in the decision with the information and background that you have collected and viewed?" Judge Brown asked Ms. Tolbert.

"Yes sir your honor." Ms. Tolbert nodded.

"Good, you may proceeded Mr. York."

"Your honor my clients are requesting full adoption of Sahara Harris. They have spent the following months getting to know the child, and also helping the little one recover from life threatening injuries. Your honor my client Dior Wright found little Sahara shot in a alley on her walk home. She immediately got the child to the hospital saving her life. My clients have shown great amounts of love and care for the child and they would like to continue to do so by officially being her parents." Mr. York stated smoothly.

Judge Brown nodded and turned to Ms. Tolbert. "Are their record of hospital visitations and assessments?"

"Yes sir your honor, bailiff." Ms. Tolbert said handing the officer the cream folder.

"Tubby say bad man." Sahara pointed at the police officer with a frown on her face.

Dior and Ja'Kye chuckled hearing Sahara's tiny voice.

"Ms. Tolbert where are the real parents of the little one?" Judge Brown asked.

"Your honor, Sierra Harris was arrested during an alley raid. So happened to be the same alley that Sahara was found shot in. I've been told that officers did a sweep after they raided it and nobody noticed the child. However the child stated that her mother told her to hide in a ditch whenever police came. It's been documented that she's been on her own for a while until she was found shot. Her father Jacob Talifero is incarcerated in the states prison serving a death row sentence. Sierra is expected to serve multiple charges including child endangerment and abuse of a child, along with multiple of other drug charges" Ms. Tolbert stated.

"Any family of kin?" Judge Brown asked looking over at Dior and Ja'Kye's income.

"No sir, we couldn't reach any contact of kin." Ms. Tolbert replied.

Judge Brown sighed and shook his head at Sahara's file. He had never seen anything like it. Most cases were just of abusive parents but he had never seen where a six year old was surviving on her own.

"Have you did a house and job assessment on the other party?" Judge Brown asked the social worker.

"Yes sir as you can see they are very financially stabled. I did a house visit and found that it was in immaculate standards. They do have a big guard dog but he's a big baby. I've also did job checks and both businesses are qualified to pass the state standards." Ms. Tolbert started off.

"Not to mention that the little girl is extremely attached to the pair. I have every reason to believe that Dior and Ja'Kye will make amazing parents. I've been with the child and case since it was first brought to my office and throughout I've watched both adults learn everything they needed to know about Sahara's well being. I think that the pair is the perfect pair to have full adoption of Sahara Harris. You have my word, your honor." Ms. Tolbert finished off with a huge smile.

Dior sniffled and wiped her face from the tears. She was very happy that Ms. Tolbert gave such great words about her and Ja'Kye.

Judge Brown nodded and read over the paperwork and file one more time to make sure that his decision was the right one.

"Ms. Wright and Mr. Allen, are you guys willing to take full custody of Sahara Harris including all health conditions and state of mental health?" Judge Brown asked looking at the couple.

"Yes sir your honor." Dior answered immediately.

"Yes sir." Ja'Kye nodded in aggreance.

Judge Brown nodded and let out a sigh. "I've come to terms with the well being of Sahara Harris. I've decided that I will grant full adoption to you with the aiding of Ms. Tolbert." Judge Brown announced with his hands interlaced.

Dior and Ja'Kye's jaw dropped as tears clouded Dior's vision. "Omg."

"However, social services will do monthly check-ins for the next six months to ensure that the well being of the child is properly managed." Judge Brown had a couple of cases that went left. He had seen where couples adopted or fostered kids just to abuse them or end up back in the system. After everything that Sahara had been through, he refused to see it happen to her.

"Is that a deal?" He asked Dior and Ja'Kye.

"Yes sir." Ja'Kye answered immediately hugging Dior who was crying in excitement.

"Well then, do we have any more requests or questions?" Judge Brown asked everybody.

"Yes sir, my clients did have one more request. Is there anyway that they could change the child's last name to theirs?" Mr. York asked.

"That could be granted. Usually we would have to petition with a jury but given the circumstances I'll write it off myself. Take it down to my assistant and she'll get everything taken care of." Judge Brown said.

"Thank you sir so much." Dior sniffled.

"Pleasure is all mines. Congratulations, I grant you Dior Wright, and you Ja'Kye Allen full adoption of Sahara Harris." Judge Brown smiled. "I'm a parent of six and raising a child isn't easy at all, but it is a god sent gift and a rewarding experience. Love, understanding, care, and patience will get it done. You guys can do it." Judge Brown stated slamming the gavel down and exiting the court room.

"Congratulations are in order." Mr. York grinned closing his brief case. This was his favorite part, the happy ending.

Dior ran to Sahara and scooped her in her arms. Ja'Kye chuckled and walked over to the two.

"Tubby mommy cry." Sahara pouted.

"These are happy tears mama, you ready to go home?" Dior asked kissing the child's cheek.

"We go home." Sahara nodded hugging her mom's neck.

"Preciate you for everything, and for helping us out." Ja'Kye told Ms. Tolbert.

"No problem, she deserves love from people who care and I have no doubt in my mind that y'all will give her everything she needs." Ms. Tolbert smiled.

"Daddy, Tubby say hungry." Sahara said reaching for Ja'Kye.

Ja'Kye's jaw dropped along with Dior. This was the first time that Sahara addressed him as daddy. He was on top of the world.

"Let's go get a happy meal." Ja'Kye grinned taking Sahara from Dior and hugging her.

"You guys have a great day, I'll mail her birth certificate, and all of her health records. Everything else will be faxed over to you. I wish you the best of luck and have a great day." Ms. Tolbert smiled.

"Thank you so much." Dior sniffled.

Ms. Tolbert nodded and winked leaving the court room to the new family.

"We go now." Sahara said pointing at the door.

"Let's go mama." Ja'Kye nodded interlacing his fingers with Dior as they happily walked to get Sahara's last name changed.

——

"Tubby princess woom." Sahara squealed sliding down the slide connected to her big bed.

"You like it mama?" Ja'Kye asked watching Sahara climb up and down her bed.

"Tubby say yes daddy." Sahara giggled plopping down on the bed.

"Slow down stinky, we don't need a ashtma attack." Dior chuckled.

"Mommy, daddy play." Sahara smiled waving them over.

"Imma go finish up dinner and then we can eat. I'll bathe her and then we both can put her down." Dior said.

"Ight." Ja'Kye nodded.

Hulk was currently locked outside in the backyard. Him and Sahara haven't met yet. Ja'Kye said that he wanted to wait until tomorrow because Hulk was super hype when they first arrived and they didn't need him hurting Sahara. Plus they didn't know if she was afraid of dogs or not.

Dior was cooking fried chicken mashed potatoes and corn. Sahara was still such a picky eater because she wasn't used to different foods.

"Daddy tubby full." Sahara said lowly pushing her plate away.

She only took two bites of her chicken a scoop of her mashed potatoes, but she didn't even eat her corn.

"You full baby?" Dior asked.

"Full mommy." Sahara nodded getting down from her chair and walking around to climb into Ja'Kye's lap.

"I'll clean up while you wash her up." Ja'Kye stated.

"Okay papa." Dior nodded.

She grabbed Sahara from Ja'Kye and went to Sahara's bathroom to start her bath.

Ja'Kye started putting leftovers up and washing the dirty dishes. He made sure the kitchen was spotless and then cut the light off.

After he was satisfied he went to take his shower and to get ready for bed. When he got out the shower he moisturized and put on shorts and socks. He never slept in a shirt.

When he walked out the bathroom he chuckled when he saw Sahara laying on Dior in their bed.

"Mama you took your shower?" Ja'Kye asked Dior.

She shook her head and swiftly moved Sahara off of her. She started her shower and washed away all of the germs and dirt.

Dior usually only slept in a sports bra and a pair of basketball shorts. So she got dressed when she dried off and joined the two back in the bed.

She smiled when she saw the room light off and Sahara in the middle of the bed.

"Papa you sleep?" Dior asked climbing in bed.

"Mhm." Ja'Kye responded with sleep in his voice.

He always tried to stay up until Dior was done with her shower but she took to long every time.

"I love you papa." Dior said leaning across to give him a kiss.

"I love you too baby." He replied.

Sahara clinged to Dior's chest and started talking to herself.

"Goodnight stink." Dior whispered kissing Sahara's cheek.

"Sleep night." Sahara whispered shutting her eyes.

———
Heyyy

How y'all doing??

Whew y'all this chapter is 2456 words

I took a while to write this, I wanted to make sure that court scene was on point lol

Speaking of, how did I do??

Y'all like our faceclaims??

PLEASE DONT COMMENT MY @'s

Thoughts on Dior wanting to arrive early??

Thoughts on Mr. York??

How y'all feel about Judge Brown??

Ms. Tolbert gave doom good word about the couple, opinions on that??

How we feel about the final decision, and the monthly check ins??

Thoughts on Sahara calling Ja'Kye daddy??

Y'all think they moving to fast by getting her last name changed??

Which last name should she get??

Sahara seems happy about her room. Y'all think they did to much with her room?!

How y'all think Sahara and Hulk gone react to each other?!

Thoughts on Sahara sleeping in the bed with her parents??

Overall how was this chapter??

What y'all wanna see next??

Don't forget to vote , comment , and sharee

Follow me kids!!

-JassyOut

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 209 8
Riches to rags! Shihori must adjust to life she's not accustomed to living. When a temporary thing, turns into something permanent watch how Shihori...
237K 8.6K 47
Nineteen year old Zuri lives with her mother in Miami along with her step father Mike. After finding out both her mother along with her stepfather we...
595K 14.2K 42
A girl name Ja'lai trying to protect her sister and move out the hood . But it's hard when your mommas on drug , daddy don't give a fuck and sister l...
104K 3.3K 20
Brooklyn White, who goes by Miracle, just wants go to work, take care of her two kids, and move on from her ex.... But when going to work means deal...