Then We Met Again || 2xuan ||...

By mini_cocoa

[Completed] This is a story based on the novel Tiang Guang Ci Fu also known as Heaven's officials blessings b... More

Guideline
Prologue
Character Guide
Reciting the Past, Missing the Past
Reciting the Past, Missing the Past 2
Concern of a Friend for a Friend
Concern of a Friend, for a Friend 2
Concern of a Friend, for a Friend 3
Our Meeting Again After years
Our Meeting Again After Years 2
Winning the Hearts, Black Demon Receives Warmth
Winning the Hearts, Black Demon Receives Warmth 2
Black Demon's concern, Black Demon's gift
Black Demon's concern, Black Demon's gift 2
Stealing a bottle of wine, tonight is the Autumn lantern festival
Stealing a bottle of wine, tonight is the Autumn lantern festival 2
The Question of Destiny, why do you live?
The Question of Destiny, why do you live? 2
Another Goodbye
Earth Master's shovel
Ol'Feng has a wife and a child
The World With You
It was her, she was his past
Black Demon on his way to meet old 'friend'
Shixiong and Shidi
I'm stuck with you, and I like it.
A charm of heart
Farewell
Bound to your soul

It was her, she was his past 2

1.3K 83 74
By mini_cocoa

That time, my father died, my mother died, begging for my release. My sister was taken away. Devoured by beasts. And my wife disappeared and after days, only her bones returned.

I couldn't protect them. I promised you I would protect you, but I failed. I'm sorry.

He Xuan could never mistake the face. It was his wife that he failed to protect years years ago.

Does she remember? Will she hate me? Does she have grudge against me? Does she blame me?

"Ol'Keai, do you know her?"

He Xuan wanted to nod at the voice but then he realised,

Oh she reincarnated! Of course she did. She was a normal human. Indeed she might have had a lot pain in her heart, but she wasn't a person who could turn into a malicious ghost to haunt down others like him. She probably just prayed to God for justice and wanted a better life in her next life. Which crazy person with their right mind would hold onto past, a dark past like that? Who didn't like to erase the painful memories and hope to start a new fresh life?

"No. I don't know her."

Shi QingXuan nodded and said, "His Highness will come soon to resolve this matter. We can wait."

He Xuan wanted to ask him, how she is his wife? Was this fate? Is this what they called destiny?

He suddenly wanted to run away but unfortunately he couldn't.

Xie lian indeed arrived as he promised. And with him was of course that annoying one eyes brat.

He Xuan really wanted to disappear.

Hua cheng upon entering into the temple, gave a weird look toward his way.

He Xuan completely ignored it as if he was blind and couldn't see anything.

Xie lian after greeting everyone didn't waste his time inspecting the baby. He could immediately feel the black magic on the baby, someone had cursed her.

He said, "This is a special grade curse. I'm afraid, with normal exorcism it won't go away directly, plus it might harm the actual body of the baby. I had this doubt when you told me about it. I had heard about this type of story long time ago from one of my friend. They called it 'Xuanwu's curse.

He Xuan was immediately alert. Again it was Xuanwu. The demon Xuanwu.

He felt a chill running down his spine.

The one who cursed the baby must have any relationship with the thing which dared to invade into his domain as well. But why this lady's baby? It can not be this coincidental, right? That means the other party definitely knows about him thoroughly. From his past to his present. Who could be it? And why?

"Isn't there any way to save the baby?", Shi QingXuan was desperate. He promised the lady after all.

" There is a way," Xie lian calmly replied as he comforted QingXuan.

As I told about my friend, his soul mate is the immortal Lan. He is greatly expert in cleansing music.

There is this melody which clears out any dark energy inside a person's body thoroughly no matter how high quality the curse is. For this high grade curse, I think this melody will work. But sadly, not everyone can play this melody. Someone like me who isn't expert in this field surely can't. And not only that, playing this melody might backlash the party who is playing it. So it's quite hard to master. I originally planned to invite immortal Lan but unfortunately his partner was having hard time with his demonic cultivated body, so he couldn't come.

QingXuan, we might need to wait for more days to find someone expert. But I'm afraid.... " , he sighed.

No needed to explain. If this continued, the baby will be swallowed by curse and it would be impossible for them to save the baby.

Everyone fell silent. The young lady started weeping.

No one said a word.

"I will do it."

He Xuan deep voice broke the silence. All of them have him weird look.

Except Hua Cheng.

He always had this suspicion.

He Xuan was a scholar in his mortal life. A fine scholar, not only knew how to study, his hobby was playing different type of instruments.

Nothing can touch one's heart like words do, and nothing can explore one's soul like musics do. Of course a refined scholar knew it.

And even after he died, he couldn't give up on this hobby of his. But he was extremely embarassed to admit as well, so he never built any skill based on instruments and never played it outside.

But Hua Cheng had accidentally heard him playing pipa once.

Xie lian wanted to say something but Hua Cheng butted in, "Sure. Then what instrument do you want? I can bring one containing high spritual power."

He Xuan really didn't want this guy with smug face to look more cheekier but he could only swallow his feelings and said, "Pipa. Thank you."

Hua Cheng whispered something in Cie Lian's ears to assure him that everything is fine and went away.

But Shi QingXuan felt quite restless. Xie Lian was about to pass the melody to the black ghost that he got from immortal Lan, but was stopped by QingXuan.

"Your higness, but... But you said the one playing the melody will get a huge backlash.  Keai-ge isn't that mighty to play this kind of melody. He is.. He is...," Shi QingXuan didn't know how to describe him so he just went with the flow, "he is just a small ghost, I mean small man and I promised to protect him, so I.. I can't let him take such risk. What if, what if  he perishes... "

He Xuan was stunned before getting embarassed. It's just, Shi QingXuan never talked about 'protecting', he believed he couldn't protect anyone because he was weak. He said he didn't dare to take responsibility.

But now, just now.. It's not like Shi QingXuan thinks he has become stronger, it's just he wants to protect the person he cares about even if he is weak. Just till he can. He refuses to back down, he refuses to give up. He wants to try.

"Sh-shut your mouth," He Xuan wanted nothing more than sealing this dumb's mouth.

"Bu-"

"I know my limit. I won't do anything beyond my ability. No worry."

Shi QingXuan nodded hesitantly.

He Xuan suddenly had this urge to poke the other, so he whispered, "And you should worry about your wife."

It sounded weird.

He Xuan had yet to swallow the fact that it was the reincarnation of that person and then he had to even digest the fact that this was, this was....

Shi QingXuan facepalmed. "You.. "

That moment Hua Cheng entered with a magnificent pipa on his hand. Colored with red and black border, the pipa looked really out of place when it entered into this broken shabby temple. This wicked ghost king indeed liked to show off.

Xie lian passed the melody to He Xuan and said, "When you start playing the melody, QingXuan and this lady will hd down the baby, I will immediately try to exorcise the curse. Don't stop even if I exorcise the curse. Listening to half of the melody may cause internal injury."

He Xuan nodded, saving his words like gold. The lady seemed to prepare herself mentally. Shi QingXuan tried to reassure her.

Everyone was sitting quietly, waiting to hear this distant looking man's hand played music.

He Xuan's long fingers fit perfectly into the strings.

Clink

If the world falls apart one day
And we lose our moral in chaos
I want to remember this song
That plays in the purest heart and soul

If my body falls apart one day
And my qi energy drains
Remind me the song that played by the lonely immortal remembering his past way

One can not truly distinguish
What is right what is wrong
When his heart is in mess
He can not differ what is white what is not.

If one day my soul breaks apart
I would still sing the song
The song of my moral
I would still go on

Dragging my mucks along
Dragging my lucida along
I will sing the song of my moral
I would stand against the world if needed
I would still wait at the end of dark single logged bridge if needed.

If the world falls apart one day
And we lose our moral in chaos
I want to remember this song
That plays in the purest heart and soul
That plays in my purest heart and soul

When the song was playing, everyone felt it.  Everyone felt as if their heart and soul was washed away with the purest Qi energy in the world. Even Xie Lian was so impressed he wanted to listen to the melody but forced himself to focus on exorcising the curse. It was indeed a powerful curse but with the help of the melody it was not much easier. When Xie Lian was about to relax after finishing the exorcism, he felt a tug on his sleeve and looked up to Shi QingXuan. He pointed toward the lady.

Xie Lian immediately understood. They highly doubted that the lady was also affected by the curse. Because QingXuan clearly remembers that the one who had buried the kid that night using earth master's shovel was none other but her.

But she must have lost that memory. A person who listens to this cursed cry everyday, was indeed affected by it.

And so Xie Lian pressed his pure spiritual energy into the young lady's body to clear out the curse. This time the curse was very hard to exorcise. It resisted hard. As if it was way too stubborn to lose it's vessel.

However Xie Lian was the most powerful God of the heaven. No matter how much that curse resisted, Xie Lian brought it out and finished it with one slash.

The melody ended.

Three body fell onto the floor with a thud.

Hua Cheng caught He Xuan and signed that he will take care of this scrap so the other two should focus on the mother and baby.

No one said anything. Xie Lian knew the Hua Changes energy was suitable for the black ghost to recover.

Hua Cheng passed spritual energy onto him, healing the mess of internal energy in He Xuan's body. Indeed the melody did a lot damage internally. If He Xuan wasn't a ghost, he might have vomitted one or two gallon blood.

He Xuan slowly opened his eyes and quietly murmured thanks.

Hua Cheng sneered and said, "If I knew you could play this well, then I would have demanded your debt to be payed by playing music. I won't mind having one extra musician in my paradise manor."

He Xuan glared at him but chose to stay silent.

The lady slowly woke up and found her baby to be absolutely normal. Her face beamed with joy and she could hardly control her tears. She first thanked Shi QingXuan to rescue her son that day and bring her here. Then she thanked Xie Lian, calling him immortal. She also bowed to Hua Cheng and expressed her gratitude.

Then at the end she looked toward the quiet guy who was covering himself wearing black all over. From her perspective of view that guy just risked his own life to save her daughter. Only if she knew this was a supreme ghost.

She didn't know how to pay him proper respect and express her gratitude so she decided to prostate but He Xuan immediately stopped her and kneeled,

"I owed you once. You might have forgotten and I'm afraid I can never fulfil my responsibility. It's just a small repay."

No body thought he was weird cause they all thought Ol'Keai was just crazy like them. Except Hua Cheng, Xie Lian and Shi QingXuan.

Hua Cheng had a vague idea, but he kept his mouth close. Shi QingXuan also knew this was a ghost so maybe he was talking about his mortal life.

The lady didn't understand a thing. She just happily showed him her baby.

The baby had big doe eyes. He Xuan hesitated. He never knew how to adore any baby. Shi QingXuan suddenly took his hand and put his in the baby's head.

"Give her blessings."

The skin of the baby felt soft against his skin. He didn't want the kids to have any hardships so he decided not to pray anything for the kid, because after all he was an evil ghost king. His words were nothing but curse.

Xie Lian decided to give all the beggars a treat today, so there was a mini feast.

Shi QingXuan then stood up in front of everyone and said, "Everyone, this lady. I just realised, I mistook her. She isn't my wife. I just dreamt that I married someone like that. I didn't understand it was a dream and thought it to be true."

Who would believe such a bullshit. He cuan didn't belive him. But the beggar's group did. They don't mind anyway. They all knew how much crazy things Ol'Feng can dream and think to be truth. Didn't he used to say that he was some God as well.

Shi QingXuan quietly sat beside He Xuan.

"How are you feeling?"

For some odd reason, He Xuan wanted to sulk.

Shi QingXuan just looked at him and God knows why, he spilled the whole story about this baby and lady.

He Xuan didn't say anything, he just nodded and finally decided that he was acting weird and so he said, "What do you planning on doing about her now?"

Shi QingXuan shrugged, "It depends on her. She is always welcome here."

He Xuan didn't know how to react.

Hua Cheng and Xie Lian had already left.

The lady suddenly came in front of everyone and expressed her gratitude once again.

Then she announced that she will go look for her husband. She knows some skills and will surely survive. She didn't want to leave her husband behind and live on, so she won't stop looking for him until she is alive.

Shi QingXuan nodded and wished her good luck.

She smiled and finally stepped outside the temple.
.
.

To be continued~

A/N : I want to clear one thing out first. No HE XUAN DIDN'T SING THAT SONG. IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE UNTAMED YOU KNOW HOW THEY COMMUNICATE WITH SPIRITS THROUGH DIFFERENT NOTES RIGHT. So from there I thought that maybe that different notes have different meaning words, so he played the tunes, which can be interpreted as these words. Mainly actually I didn't know how should I describe this music scene so I decided to write some garbage. Please don't attack me. I'm no Chinese and have no idea about this cultivation. All of this are probably some bullshit and my humble imagination. And yes Immortal Lan is Lan Wangji and his partner is Wei Wuxian hoho. I just wanted to add them.

And I know my story is becoming more bullshit day by day, but I'm trying my best to think logical, it's just I'm dumb.

Also this chapter has more than 2000 words.  And it's unedited so please forgive my spelling and grammatical errors. I'm no english expert.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 1.2K 44
𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏 𝒖𝒏𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒚 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕 There is one rule in this world, a human rises as a god, they fall as a ghost, but in the end...
4.4K 170 10
[𝓜𝓾 𝓠𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔁 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝔁 𝓕𝓮𝓷𝓰 𝓧𝓲𝓷] ''Have you heard about the Ying Yang priest ?'' ''Aren't they a ghost rank supreme? Then why aren'...
19.1K 592 23
Xie Lian was once a child idol who was smart, talented and everything you can ask for in an idol. He seemed perfect and without a flaw. His parents t...
437 28 5
Rewrite of the Rebirths of Hēi Shui: Twisted wonderland. After dying miserably yet again but now with a wish for his loved ones to be safe, even if i...