Stella & The Playboy

By AuggiePooh_

"How about we stop with the games Stella? You want me just as much as I want you." His voice was low as he c... More

Stella & The Gnocchi
Stella & The Pretty Boy
Stella & The Socialite
Stella & The Proposal
Stella & The Coffee Shop
Stella & The Peace Offering
Stella & The Spotlight
Stella & The Truth
Playboy & The Double
Stella & The Shoplifter
Stella & The Family
Stella & The Nacho Thief
Stella & The Bonfire
Stella & The Yacht
Stella & The Brawl
Stella & The Scandal
Stella & The Meltdown
Stella & The New Plan
Stella & The Birthday Boy
Stella & The Monthly Visitor
Stella & The Commercial
Stella & The Surprise
Stella & The Tease
Stella & The Slumber Party
Playboy & The Garden
Stella & The Gelato
Stella & The Prick
Stella & The Termination
Stella & The Blue Plate
Stella & The Secret
Stella & The Call Off
Stella & The Stalker
Stella & The Liar
Playboy & The Truth
Stella & The Letter
Stella & The Co-worker
Stella & The Nice Guy
Playboy & The Meeting
Stella & The Acquaintance
Bonus Chapter
BOOK 2!

Stella & The Interview

262 20 9
By AuggiePooh_

Chapter 36

Boston felt like a breath of fresh air compared to the familiar sights of New York. I felt more than ready for this job interview.

I paced across my hotel room making sure I knew everything I needed to know. Julius wasn't even on my mind at the moment, despite constantly interrupting my thoughts for the past two weeks while I was still in New York.

I was ready to blow the CEO away and Julius was going to be a thing of the past. I reapplied my mascara before grabbing my purse and straightening my skirt. It was my time, and I wasn't going to blow it.

I take a cab to the Taylor Industries corporate office and step into the building confidently. "I'm here for an interview with James Lewis." I tell the secretary.

"Top floor on your left." The secretary says as she chews on her pen. I smile politely before heading toward the elevator. As I get in, I watch the doors close in anticipation before a hand stops it and enters.

A tall man enters the elevator. He wasn't taller than Julius, and not as handsome. His light skin and strong features helped, making him still fairly handsome. His large hands press the button for the third floor before giving a flirty smile and standing beside me.

"I haven't seen your beautiful face around here before. First day?" He asks.

"Job interview." I respond curtly. The last thing I wanted was to get involved with another man.

"Ooh, what position? Secretary? Temp?"

I look at him in disgust, before ignoring him completely and he chuckles. Thankfully the elevator dings as it brings us to his floor. "Well, this is my stop. Hope you get the secretary job." He says with a smirk and a wink before getting off the elevator.

I roll my eyes as the elevator closes. "Sexist jerk." I mutter.

I arrive at the top floor and hurriedly head to the receptionist desk there. "I'm Stella Harris, here for an interview with James Lewis."

The secretary nods before pressing a button on her desk, "Your 10 am is here." She looks up at me again, "You can go in now."

I say a brief thank you before heading toward the large oak doors. I knock softly before hearing a deep voice telling me to enter.

An older Caucasian man, with dark hair striped with streaks of grey from old age. "Stella Harris, a pleasure to finally meet you."

I smile at him as I shake his hand, "The pleasure is mine Mr. Lewis." 

He chuckles, "Please just call me James. Let's get started, shall we? Have a seat." I nod before doing as told and sitting across from him as he looks over the computer screen. "You have quite the amount of accomplishments Ms. Harris."

"Thank you. I have been working in this field for quite some time now."

He nods, "I see that, from intern to operations manager. But I'm sure the fact that it's your father's company helped you significantly."

I chuckle nervously, "You would think so, but no he wasn't the biggest fan of my presence."

"Your father has said a lot of things about you, Ms. Harris." He says as he leans back into his seat. I nod in response, feeling unsure about how this is going. "But after some further research, it is evident that you were the companies driving force." He pauses, "I'm looking for someone who is a natural leader, someone with fresh ideas, and works well with others. I am also particularly looking for a woman."

I quirk my brow, "May I ask why?"

He chuckles, "When you came up here today. What did you notice?"

I take a moment to think before responding. "I noticed a lot of productive employees?"

"Yes. But the problem is, they are primarily male. I want to create a change in my company and I think you can help me do that." He chuckles again as he notices my confused expression. "I have seen what you have accomplished at Empire Industries. And despite the things your father has said I want you to be a part of my team."

I tried to hide the excitement in my eyes as he continues to speak, "Now that the role for the chief operating officer is vacant, I have been given the opportunity to give this position to someone with a different viewpoint. A majority of the people in our leadership positions are men and have been for a long time. I would like to change things, starting with you."

I was surprised at what I was hearing. It sounded like I was being given the job already and I had hardly said a word during the interview. "Well Mr. Lewis, if you decide to hire me, I can promise I will work hard by your side to create the changes you wish to see here at Taylor Industries."

He reaches out his hand for me to shake, "Then let's consider you hired."

I smile widely as I take the outstretched hand, "Thank you James. I can't wait to work alongside you."

"Same here, I'll see you back here in two weeks when you start."

I was all smiles as I left the office building. I was the new Chief Operating Officer of Taylor Industries! The COO, right under the CEO! I hailed a cab excitedly as I beamed with happiness.

I tell the driver my destination before pulling out my phone. "I got the job!" I squealed after Sheila answered. The taxi driver winces at my excitement but I didn't care.

"Of course you did! Congratulations!" She says excitedly.

"This is so big! I'm so excited I don't even know what to do. I just wanna tell the world and celebrate!" I exclaim.

She chuckles, "I'm so happy for you Stell. You deserve nothing but happiness. When do you start?"

"Two weeks. I guess I gotta start apartment hunting here now."

"Yeah, and tell your folks that you're officially leaving the nest."

I nod, "Yeah that too." I sigh as the taxi driver pulls up to the hotel, "I'll talk to you later Sheila."

"Talk to you then."

I hang up the phone and pay the driver before getting out of the taxi. I enter my suite and kick my shoes off in the corner. I lay on the bed tiredly, "Chief Operations Officer." I mumble to myself.

I was ready for this, I was so ready for this. But change was always something that scared me. It was a 4-hour drive from Manhattan to Boston. Moving meant being away from friends and family. But my only friend was Sheila, and my family was never very supportive anyway. Sheila was right, I was getting away from my father and finally living my own life.

I guess the only thing I am unsure about is leaving Julius. I would be lying if I said I didn't still feel strongly for him. We had only broken up just a week ago, and now I was running to Boston. But I knew I needed to do this, for me. I needed to let him go and get on with my life.

His unread letter sat at the bedside table. I brought it with me in case I decided to finally read it. And now I'm thinking that it's time, maybe this would be closure.

I sat up and grabbed it from the bedside table, opening the envelope carefully before pulling out the handwritten letter. I let out a deep breath I didn't realize I was holding and begin to read.

Stella,

You must hate me, I don't blame you. What I did was wrong and my regret is deep. I lied, yes I did and I know I hurt you. I was going to tell you everything and now looks like the time to do it.

Before I do I want to tell you that I love you, so much that it hurts. I wish I go back and do things differently, then this wouldn't have happened. But things happened and I can only blame myself.

I wish to see your beautiful face again. To hear you laugh, to touch you. Just to be in your presence right now would be a blessing.

I miss you so much baby.

I was already trembling, despite not finishing the letter. My eyes wet with tears and my heart heavy. I put the letter down to take a break as the tears fell.

God, I missed him so much.

I wiped my face trying to stop the tears before they fell but failed. I pick up the letter again and continue reading.

Now that you know how I feel about you, please don't forget that. It's time for me to confess. Yes, I slept with Josephine. It was before we got seriously involved but it was still wrong and I am so sorry for not telling you the truth. I was scared of your reaction and scared I'd lose you. But it looks like I've lost you regardless.

Next confession. Remember the thing I couldn't tell you about? That was an upcoming scandal that I was trying to suppress. There was a woman named Kiely who I almost slept with after our engagement party. But I did not sleep with her. She was threatening to tell the press and I was trying to pay her off. I was going to tell you once it cleared up face to face. Another regret of mine and I am so sorry.

I glared at the paper, he just can't keep it in his pants can he? There was more to the letter but I had read enough. I wiped any remaining tears before tossing the letter.

I didn't want to hear a list of regrets. Or a list of women he has and hasn't sleep with. I didn't want any more, "I'm sorry."

Julius Ashford would soon be a thing of the past. I didn't want to hear his name for as long as I lived. I didn't want to think about him, I didn't want to see him.

I was on to new and better things. And I would heal, no matter how long it takes.

———

Short chapter again oops hehe.

- AuggiePooh_

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4M 229K 61
Warning this book is rough. Not edited. We wanted privacy. We wanted a normal relationship with no high expectations. But that's hard when you have...
139K 2.6K 77
CAROLINE MATISSE - - - »I'm trained to kill, not to love« I have killed many men in my life. ...
404K 16.8K 41
"I don't fear darkness. I am the darkness." Being the leader of the largest Mafia group in USA, Ruslan Searlus is a man to be petrified of. Everyone...
965K 28.3K 39
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...