Runaway (Ranboo x Reader)

By Jjeve12

◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈ "𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕒 𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕, 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕪 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕟 𝕨𝕚𝕥�... More

✧1✧
✧2✧
✧3✧
✧4✧
✧5✧
✧6✧
✧7✧
✧9✧
✧10✧
✧11✧
✧12✧
✧13✧
✧14✧
✧15✧
✧16✧
✧17✧
✧18✧
✧19✧

✧8✧

9.9K 544 465
By Jjeve12

Ranboo had been awake when you returned, the hybrid seen pacing around the couch he slept on in a nervous walk. He had been fumbling with his hands while buried in his concerned thoughts about your whereabouts, doubt seeding into his heart that you had finally had enough of him and left.

So when he saw you return through the broken window, he couldn't help but to run up to you, concern swirling in his glowing hues.

"Are you alright?" Was the first thing he asked, eyes looking for any signs of injury. His concern made your heart melt, raising your hand to ruffle the hair atop his head in reassurance.

"I'm fine Ranboo, and look," you handed him the loaf of bread given to you by the bakers, the dough still warm from the oven. "I got you some food."

Pressing the bread into his hands, you watched as he brought the loaf to his face, smelling the delicious scent it gave off. He broke off a piece and placed it in his mouth, shoulders relaxing as he calmly chewed the bread. " 's so good." He spoke with a mouthful, closing his eyes to savour the taste.

You let out a laugh at his reaction, trying your best to ignore the growing hunger in your own stomach. It didn't really work out- for a rumble of protest elicited from your gut, causing both you and Ranboo to flush in embarrassment.

Without a word, Ranboo broke off another piece of the bread, passing the larger section to you with no hesitation in his movements.

"I- Ranboo, you need your energy." You tried to explain. When he saw that you wouldn't take bread, he instead held it to your mouth, not once breaking his gaze from your face. There was no way he was going to allow you to continue without a proper meal. The smell of bread hitting your nose made your mouth water, hands reaching up to finally take the bread out of his grasp.

With a satisfied nod, Ranboo took a bite out of the chunk of bread he tore off, eyeing you to make sure you ate your portion as well. There was no need to tell you twice, finally taking a bite of the bread yourself. Nearly instantly your stomach let out a satisfied growl, thankful to eat something other than bruised apples or soggy crackers.

"How did you manage to get this?" Ranboo's ears flicked with his question, stuffing the last bite of his bread in his mouth.

"I stumbled upon some nice people-" you started, splitting another piece of the rather large loaf of bread and handing it to Ranboo- who graciously accepted the food. "They wanted to meet you, actually. So I figured we could go visit them soon."

"Do you trust them?"

"I would probably in chains again if they wanted to hand me in." You chimed, thinking about just how Fundy could probably have easily overpowered you. And if Puffy hadn't intervened, you probably would have ended up with a few up with a few bite marks from the fox hybrid.

"Then I trust them too, so long as they don't try and bring us back to the pirates." He chuckled, eyeing you as the last piece of bread disappeared behind your lips. You savoured the lightly fluffed bread before wiping your mouth with your sleeve, satisfied with just how wonderfully baked the treat was. Fundy and Puffy had surely made quite a wonderful product.

There wasn't anything for you to bring to the bakery, and with the sun sill just barley grazing the tops of the hills, the city had still been quiet along the streets aside from the song of waking birds. Ranboo followed you as closely as he could through the maze of tall buildings, noting how more and more smoke began to tumble out of the chimneys above. The city was waking and soon to be bustling with life, and you didn't want to be caught within those crowds that may hide the pirates you escaped.

Turning another corner, the bakery came into view. The building had been tucked away in the small corners of the much larger structures within the city, small plants and flowers decorating the windowsills with a beautiful array of colours. You lead the Enderman hybrid through the front door this time, listening to the bell above chime, announcing your presence.

Standing in front of the door, the counters had been fully stocked with baked goods and fresh bread. Ranboo had been quietly swishing his tail with a random rhythmic sway whilst straying behind you, carefully examining the stores goods.

"I'll be out in just a minute!" The sheep hybrids voice sounded behind the counter, most likely finishing some last-minute baking in the back. You nodded and looked at Ranboo, whom was quietly observing the desserts lined across the display, jellies and glaze smothered across the golden crispy goods.

Soon enough, Puffy appeared from the back rooms, dusting some flower off the apron tied around her waist. "What can I get for you today- oh! You came back."

The sheep hybrid walked past the counter, eyes glimmering with excitement as she approached the two of you. Immediately her mouth dropped open as soon as her eyes landed on Ranboo, admiring his unique pattern.

"Oh my goodness....you're so pretty." She mumbled to herself, quickly catching her words and coughing to cover them. Her cheeks tinted pink, Puffy turning her head in attempt to hide the embarrassment. "Sorry, I don't get to see too many other hybrids around here."

"It,- it's alright, it's nice to meet you. My name is Ranboo."

"My name is Puffy, a sheep hybrid." She said, shaking her head to show off the wool-like hair atop her head. Her ears flopped around similar to a dogs, however it had a cute little twitch that seemed to match her friendly personality.

"Puffy?" Fundy's voice sounded around the corner, his little fox ears peering over the counter before his whole head appeared. "Oh, it's you."

Despite his tone, you could sense a tad bit of sarcasm within his voice, causing you to smirk just a tad. The fox set another basket of bread on the counter before joining Puffy's side, eyes scanning over Ranboo's form.

You could tell the Enderman hybrid was getting uncomfortable with all the attention, his body nearing just a tad closer to yours for that extra sense of security. Fundy looked over to you and sighed, a small smile on his face as he spoke. "I'm glad you came back. I thought I scared you away."

His animalistic snarl was still fresh in your memory from nearly an hour ago, however now, he appeared to be as tame as a cat, fur lazily patted down. His orange fur was beautifully coloured and vibrant now that you could get a good look at him. Patches of flour dusted along his face and hands, and yet the smile on his face never faded.

"You were scary. Can you imagine almost having your face torn off by a fox? You would have been made into a hat if anything happened to me." The laugher following your lighthearted joke was contagious, for even Ranboo gave a light chuckle. "But that's besides the point, you let me go without hopes of seeing me again, so I figured I'd bring my friend here."

Ranboo took a step forward, holding out his hand towards Fundy, introducing himself and getting acquainted with the fox hybrid while you spoke to Puffy.

"I didn't know hybrids lived outside the holy lands," you began, looking around the store. You noted how well kept it was, not a single web could be seen stowed away in the corners, and each surface of the glass showcases had been crystal clear- not a smudge along the display, "I've only seen them in the trades, or working under nobles."

Puffy sighed, her ears drooping a tad. "It's not easy, everyone's trying to find a reason to revoke our citizenship and trade us away. Being the only hybrids left in this town means that our dues are higher than the humans, and walking home isn't an option alone anymore."

"In short, we need to get out of here as soon as we can, and we want you to come with us."

Shocked, you looked at Puffy- perhaps with a strange stare, because immediately her cheeks flushed a light pink. "I-I mean only if you want too! I just figured you guys were going to the holy lands, so travelling together meant better protection?" She trailed off, sounding more as a question to herself.

There had been no thought that these two would want to join you, for your plan only consisted of you and Ranboo. However a month ago there was no such plan, and without him, there would never have been this opportunity.

With a gentle smile on your face, to placed your hand on the sheep hybrids arm, causing her to look up. "I think it's a great idea! Besides, who wouldn't want to leave this place anyways?"

"However, there are lots of risks." Fundy finally decided to interject. "As soon as the city finds out we left, they're going to have traders come and track us- and if they get ahold of us, we're gonna be nothing more than carpets decorating their floors."

Even though Fundy was right, you had wished that maybe it could have been different for these people. Having to live their lives in fear of getting their rights taken away despite being such kind souls.

"I've been chained to the bottom of a boat for several months." You explained. Lifting your wrists, the wounds created by the sharp shackles had started to fade from the violent red- to a dark shade of pink, skin successfully healing now that it had a chance.

"Taking this risk is better than sitting here waiting for our death sentence. With a promise of a better future out there, I want to take that chance in running off, even with the chance of being caught." Your words had been spoken straight from your heart, fully aware of the dangers this would lead you to. There would be no easy way to the holy lands, and there was no promise in staying situated inside the abandoned building for the rest of your life- for the pirates would sniff you out somehow.

"I'll follow you (y/n)." Ranboo placed a hand on your shoulder, small smile spread across his lips. Fundy and Puffy glanced at each other, sharing a nod before looking to you.

"And I will gladly join you." Fundy nodded. "So long as Puffy comes along."

The sheep hybrid smiled, ears perking up with interest. "Of course I'll come silly!"

"It's settled then." You held out your pinky, Ranboo immediately holding out his own in the familiar gesture. "I, (y/n), promise to help each and every one of you to the holy lands, facing pirates, traders, and dangers over the course of these next few days."

Ranboo joined in. "And I promise to always look out and watch your backs, even when it seems like I'm not there."

Puffy and Fundy seemed hesitant at first, but eventually they did end up sealing the pinky contract. Reaching over to one of the bread baskets, you gingerly took a loaf and split it into two, handing one to Ranboo like he had done so earlier. He hesitated before taking the bread, waiting for Fundy and Puffy's approval before he sunk his teeth into the delicacy.

"You guys make the best bread." Ranboo groaned, taking another mouthful before finished with his previous one. You had worried he would have gotten sick had he eaten too much, but perhaps hybrids worked differently.

Fundy scoffed, as if  he had already known this. Without a doubt he took a load of bread from the counter.

»»——⍟——««

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154 16 5
𝐳𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤! 𝐟𝐞𝐦! 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 * "𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒊𝒕 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕." 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒐𝒏...
6.8K 140 11
˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗ "-𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒃𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅!-" ˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗ 𝑨 𝑻𝒐𝒌𝒚𝒐 𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒔 𝒙 𝒇𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒆!𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏...
88.7K 3.3K 18
➻ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐜 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐣𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬...
34.3K 1K 16
𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐚𝐲 𝐱 𝐞𝐠𝐲𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐧! 𝐟𝐞𝐦! 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 "𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒔 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏. 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒏𝒐𝒘, 𝒘𝒆 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒕...