TWO ALPHAS, ONE MATE

By Jenifer_GG

Lilly, a human, is caught between two overbearing alphas. Both claim her, but only one will have her. A story... More

CHASE| 1
HUNT| 2
CLAIM| 3
TENSION| 4
NIGHTMARE| 5
FOUND| 6
AURA| 7
REVELATION| 8
CONFESSION| 9
EXPOSED| 10
TRUTHS| 11
ACCEPTANCE| 12
SECRETS| 13
INTERPLAY| 14
WARNED| 15
CLIMAX| 16
DUEL| 17
UNCOVER| 18
PROPOSITON| 20
GOODBYE| 21
SLUMBER| 22
TRIO| 23
UNTAMED| 24
BETRAYED| 25
WARMTH| 26
WHOLE| 27
HIDDEN AGENDA| 28
DISRESPECT| 29
WITCH| 30
TRUCE| 31
PINNACLE| 32
HEAT| 33
TOMORROW| 34
TRESPASSER| 35
REUNION| 36
THE END| 37

REBIRTH| 19

10.4K 368 32
By Jenifer_GG

Joshua

I do not believe what I just heard. Lilly, a reincarnation of the moon goodness, that could not be true. She is fragile and everyone can attest to that.

"You have to be joking. You all think that the girl who didn't even know of our existence until about two weeks ago, and who almost died from claw marks is our moon goddess," I scoff at the suggestion.

I am sure they got it all wrong.

I notice Ethan in thought before he says, "I don't want to agree with Joshua, but that does not make any sense. How can one person be mated to two people?"

Elder Daniel sits down on the living room couch, and everyone follows suit.

"To answer your questions alphas, I believe we need to review the story of how our moon goddess came to be."

My parents told me this story when I was younger.

The legend goes:
Back in the beginning of time, humans and werewolves once coexisted. God created both species to learn from one another.

Humans were intuitive, humble, and compassionate. Werewolves were strong, prideful, and full of passion. Together, they flourished. But good things don't always last.

At first, werewolves were like normal human beings in terms of love. They weren't destined for one single person as they are now. It was a natural thing.

This all changed when humans started to become fearful of werewolves. Using werewolves' drive and passion, humans started to intentionally target werewolves as their love match. Humans hoped they would control werewolves this way.

Little by little, humans started to pick werewolves off. They would pit them against each other. Alphas commanding their packs to fight against other alphas all for the sake of 'love.'

One day, a human girl truly fell in love with a werewolf. However, her father found out about her love and ordered his followers to kill him.

The human girl consumed with grief started to see humans as what they saw werewolves, as animals. She went to the strongest alpha of the time and shared her father's weakness with his pack. One by one, the human leaders and her father met their demise.

After getting revenge for her werewolf lover, she no longer had any motivation to live. She had a meeting with the alphas at the time and proposed a plan. To ensure that humans no longer used love as a tool against werewolves, the girl convinced each of the alphas to mark her.

A wolf's bite mark is a symbol of their love. It allows lovers to feel connected with each other and mind link. Having known this, she told the alphas that in biting her and accepting their mark, she would be connected to the whole werewolf race.

However, being that she is human, the multiple marks and loss of blood will lead to her impending death. Her sacrifice and connection with the werewolves gave her the power to match them up with one single partner. She ensured that werewolves be paired only with werewolves so that no one will have to die a pointless death like her love.

Given that this ritual happened during a full moon, she was bestowed the name of moon goddess.
The End

I heard this story countless times from my mother. It's supposed to be the ultimate love story. A human's love so great that she sacrificed her own brethren and life for the sake of ensuring peace to a race that her lover belonged too.

The story was passed down to teach werewolves not to let their emotions get the best of them like their ancestors. It is also intended to encourage peace with humans out of appreciation that one of their own sacrificed their life to ensure werewolves' happiness.

The moon goddess was a brave warrior. But I also thought she turned on her people for a reason and not just for the sake of her love.

She truly saw humans as animals and must have wanted the superior race to live.

After Elder Daniel finished counting the tale, I still couldn't see the relevance.

I ask, "we all know the story Elder Daniel, but what does this have to do with us or Lilly."

"Legend goes that when the moon goddess sacrificed herself; she made a deal with god himself. She asked him to reincarnate her lover and allow her the chance to live one lifetime of happiness with him. After that, she will remain forever alone, content in her place as the moon goddess and caretaker of one of his precious creations, werewolves," Elder Daniel pauses.

I try making sense of Elder Daniel's words. Elder Daniel seems to believe that Lilly is the reincarnation of our moon goddess and the only reason she is reincarnated is because God kept his promise by bringing her lover back. This had to be me. If Lilly is the reincarnation, then I must be the lover.

Ethan interrupts my thought process.

"This still doesn't explain as to why Lilly would have two mates. According to the story, our goddess has one mate like everyone else, her past lover."

Elder Daniel responds, "correct, Alpha Ethan. Of course, it wouldn't be fair if God chose favorites between his creations, humans, and werewolves. He made it to where the moon goddess will be reincarnated as a human girl. Upon meeting her mate, the powers bestowed on the moon goddess at the time of her death by the alphas, will return slowly to her reincarnated self after each interaction with her mate. These powers not only allow her to sense her mate but control him as well. This is the checks and balances."

I fill in the blanks. This is not just about the moon goddess given a second opportunity to live a happy life with her lost lover. God ensured she was reincarnated into a human and not a wolf, despite knowing the bad history of human-wolf relations.

My head is spinning as I realize that God also decided to gift the moon goddess, a human, the power to control her mate, a werewolf. History is bound to repeat itself.

This is not a love story. This will be a tragedy. If her mate doesn't act like she wants, she could just wish their will away and they would be obligated to follow. After all these thoughts, I felt my stomach in knots.

I understood that God gave this power to a human to ensure humanity's survival.

But, why two mates?

I resume, "what about the two mates? Why does she have two?"

Elder Daniel gave it a moment and looks at the other elders.

"This is where we got stuck. Some of us believe that because she died with multiple bite marks, that one of those marks remained engraved in her soul. It was rumored that the first alpha she reached out to for help against her father, had a strong sense of love for her. The combination of accepting his mark and this alpha's undying love, upon her becoming reincarnated, so did this individual. Hence, one of you is her lost lover while the other could had been her future love had she not given her life."

Ethan looks at me with a grin, "hmmm.... sounds to me like the other just couldn't take a hint. She didn't give him the time of day, so he had to FORCE himself onto her second chance .... I wonder who that can be."

I am annoyed. Ethan was a prick.

I respond, "I didn't have to force myself onto her tonight."

Ethan is thinking highly of himself to envision himself as Lilly's past lover. Personally, I do not want that tittle. I see her past lover as dumb to get himself killed by humans. I would never let that happen.

I also vow that if I so happen to be the love that could had been, I will never lose twice. Lilly will beg to be with me. I will ensure it.

Elder Daniel responds, "one thing is absolutely clear alphas. Regardless of who you are or were, she has the power to potentially control you and in turn control your packs. Given that the Blue Moon Pack and the Shadow Creek Pack are one of the oldest and strongest packs out there, she could easily use this against our brethren. This was God's intention. To ensure we remain peaceful with the humans, he entrusted a human with the power to control two alphas. A power that can change the course of history for everyone."

I am conflicted. Elder Daniel is correct. Lilly is a human, of sorts, despite being the reincarnation of the moon goddess. After finding out the truth, what is there to say that she would not turn on us and help those humans who seek to hurt werewolves.

On the other hand, even if I gave Lilly the benefit of doubt, I know Lilly will never be safe. Other packs will try to come after her out of fear. My own pack will usually be inclined to act out this way.

I am split in two directions. I hate humans. I am aware of what they can do. Remembering the story of the moon goddess, just reminds me how cruel humans are. My parents' deaths would attest to this fact.

Yet, I still yearn for Lilly and her touch. I will never allow anyone to lay a hand on her other than myself. I thought in Ethan; Ethan feels entitled to Lilly. I curse at him to myself.

But the reality is that I had found her first. She accepted me first. She should be mine.

Ethan speaks, "no one in this room will speak a word about what we discussed today. Lilly's identity will be kept a secret."

Crystal replies, "what about the fact she has two mates?"

I remind them, "I only see one mark on her. I only smell my scent on her. Thus, she has only one mate. I do not intend to give Ethan the chance to claim her."

Josh interrupts, "that is not your choice. You obviously do not know Lilly. She does not take likely to people telling her what to do. It is clear to me and Crystal, as her friends, that she feels an attraction towards both of you. Why else would she finish the mating process with Alpha Joshua but feel remorseful towards Ethan? Don't forget that she can control the two of you."

"She doesn't need to know anything of what we spoke here," I reply.

Crystal argues, "and how the hell do you intend to keep it from her. She has eyes, you know. She literally healed y'all. She will ask questions."

Damon fidgets before arguing back, "so we should tell her everything and be at her mercy. We should just hope that her 'love' is strong enough to not turn us in, to our enemies, or use us to kill our own people. That's a great plan."

I agree with my beta. It does not matter how I feel about Lilly. I cannot and will not risk my pack's safety for her. If I did this, my parents' sacrifice would have been in vain.

"You see that's the problem with the Blue Moon Pack. They don't let the past go. Those who committed those atrocities died a long time ago. The moon goddess gave up her life to ensure our happiness, a human at the time. Now, it's her time to be happy. Our creator simply gave her the power to keep us in check to ensure the safety of his other creation. She doesn't have to use it if we don't give her motive. Let her live a lifetime of happiness as she asked, and when the time comes, she will remain our guardian. If you can't accept that, then just get out the way," Ethan states, glaring at Damon and me.

I wish I can be as optimistic as Ethan. But I know Ethan cannot be further from the truth.

War is not over. It still goes on. The Shadow Creek Pack decides to sit on the sideline, but my pack are warriors.

Nevertheless, I will not just give Lilly to Ethan. It will be like giving Ethan the power to control me and my pack. Plus, I just had a sneak peak of what Lilly can offer and I intend to re-live our passionate moment.

"I won't give her to you so easily," I snap.

"Then, let her decide. She will make the final decision," Crystal answers.

I did not ask for her unwanted two cents.

I am about to shut her up when I feel a sudden pain. It is very subtle. I observe myself and notice lack of injuries. I realize this wasn't my pain. Lilly is waking up.

I observe Ethan and notice he is unaware. It became clear to me that Lilly might be able to sense Ethan because of her 'powers' but Ethan cannot sense her. Ethan will be able to do this when marking her and only I have that current privilege.

Clearing my throat, I state, "my mate is beginning to wake up, not that you could sense her. This is the deal. We will analyze what she remembers. Depending on the information she knows, we will decide what to tell her."

Everyone hesitantly agrees.

I continue, "under no circumstances can we let this information known to the outside world. We will continue to tell everyone that Lilly is my mate. She has my mark, after all."

I try hard not to bite my tongue with the next statement.

It is hard to let the words escape my mouth, "only when and if Lilly decides to choose you as her mate as well, then we will inform our packs that the moon goddess has gifted Lilly to us to unite our clans."

Everyone appears taken back.

Ethan responds, "you intend to combine our packs.... no wait.... you intend to share Lilly? You have no respect as a man."

In all honesty, I hate the possibility of sharing Lilly or combining our packs. We have two different leadership styles; ideologies and our packs grew up around different environments. But it is clear to me that we are at the mercy of a human, mate or not. We should be united.

I answer, "you are obviously too much of a country bumpkin to be able to look at the bigger picture. Lilly is OUR mate whether we like it or not. She was reincarnated due to centuries of service as our goddess and given a chance of love with EITHER one of us. This means that whether you disapprove, I will never leave Lilly's side. She has the power to control me and possibly hurt my pack. I will not leave my pack vulnerable by leaving her to you solely. Thus, you either deal with me or you can go. If you want to leave your pack open, that's not my problem. I'm happy to have her for my own."

I pause and size Ethan up, "after all, I don't need your approval on my manhood. I believe Lilly already gave it."

Ethan growls at me. Just as Ethan is about to speak, I stop him.

I am sensing her presence.

In the faintest voice, I hear, 'Joshua come to me.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

971K 24.3K 32
The only thing they have in common is their jobs.His name is Ace. He gets what he wants when he wants especially if its a specific some one he wants...
14.8K 65 5
Luna was the darling of her pack until tragedy struck. Now, after years of torment, she must learn to trust again. Aeros wants to help his chosen mat...
454K 13K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
997 36 7
Humanity has fallen, the supernaturals have come out of hiding and taken control. Years after watching the chaos of The Fall Emelia is faced with her...