Not Just a Kid (DP Avengers C...

By Playedcrowd5610

The last thing Danny was expecting was having some government agents showing up in town wanting him to help t... More

Prologue -Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 9

6.3K 222 13
By Playedcrowd5610

Danny spun his head around to face Tony. "We need to get out there. Do you have a suit you can use?" He asked.

Tony snapped out of his light trance of thinking, his eyes darting up to the ghost. "I got something better." He smirked and pressed a blue button on the bracelet he had put on during their talk with Loki, he was probably planning for something bigger to happen.

Danny squinted as a blue light was emitted from the bracelet scanning over Tony's body. A disguised liquor cabinet on the back wall opened up to reveal what looked like a red and gold pod. The pod launched out of the wall and stuck itself to Tony's back causing the inventor to stumble forward slightly from the sudden weight. The armor wrapped itself around Tony's body like a blanket, gears turning as it unraveled in seconds.

Danny backed up with one foot and stood amazed. "So cool."

The helmet closed over Tony's face and his voice was emitted from the comms. "You should see what I am working on after this whole thing blows over, kid." Danny smiled at Tony and turned to face the window.

He floated into the air and then flew directly at the window phasing through it at the last second. Tony thought for a second that the kid was going to be just like a bird smashing into the window, forgetting that the ghost was... well, a ghost.

Tony turned his body and then flew out of the building at full speed. Both he and Danny hovered above the city, surveying the situation. Danny's ears twitched as he was listening closely to see if he could hear anything.

Danny could hear a high-pitched buzzing that took over most of the sounds. It was the portal. But surprisingly he couldn't hear anything through the portal, just nothing. There was no sound, where did that portal lead?

Danny narrowed his eyes and held his hand out at Tony. "Be ready for anything, I can't hear what's out there."

The iron man armor seemed to nod. His eyes scanning through everything his armor could get from the readings he was getting from the rip in the sky. The silence lasted for what felt like hours, even if it was only a minute.

Suddenly Danny got his first sound of noise, The noise only came through the moment the object passed through the portal. It sounded like the humming of one of his parents' inventions. Danny could see what looked like a humanoid creature on a sort of hoverbike powered by some kind of purple energy.

Suddenly the sound of the bike amplified by 1000, the bike wasn't getting louder there was more of them. It was a whole swarm! Danny's eyes widened as he took off towards the army. Tony looked at the sky slightly in disbelief. "Right... Army." He muttered, quickly taking off in the same direction Danny was flying.

The creatures started shooting at people and buildings around the city. Tony immediately armed his repulsor blasts and was already shooting at the aliens with pinpoint accuracy before he was even getting close.

Danny wasn't aiming for the aliens like Tony was, he was aiming for the bikes they were flying on. It seemed as though these guys' weapons were on the bikes so if he took out the bikes he took out the weapons.

Danny blasted multiple ecto blasts at the creatures. Bright blue, green, and purple flashes of lasers were shot through the sky at each other. Danny was constantly spinning around and dogging the blasts from the creatures with amazing agility.

The creatures seemed to be screeching very loudly. It didn't seem like a language more like a battle cry. Tony's suit shot out multiple heat-seeking bombs. They all flew out in separate directions and blew up about 40 of the creature's ships at once causing them to fall out of the sky.

Tony wasn't worried about the bombs hitting the ghost because the ghost had a very cold temperature and not a heat signature like the weapons and bodies of the Chitari.

No matter how many they took down more appeared. Danny turned invisible to give him an edge and jump up behind the creatures. He could also quickly appear and disappear causing the aliens to shoot each other down. Danny dodged back and forth quickly, but his eyes were full of determination.

He could hear all of the people screaming down below as they were dive-bombed by more creatures that Tony and Danny couldn't take out. The creatures had started splitting up and heading into the streets. It was obvious now. They had to go down there and fight. It was getting too crowded up in the sky.

Both Tony and Danny thought the same thing as they dive-bombed down each splitting up in different directions. Shooting down a bunch of the aliens as they flew. Danny spotted a bunch of car crashes and people abandoning their cars to run into buildings.

One of the shot-down alien ships was spinning down and was about to crash into the side of a building and explode. Danny darted over and created a flat green shield across the front of the building. All the people inside winced as they prepared for the worst. The ship crashed into the shield and exploded. After the debris fell, Danny lowered the shield and looked back up seeing hundreds of the aliens flying overhead.

Danny turned invisible and took off after them. She heard Agent Romanov call out through the comms. "We're on your three, headed northeast." Danny guessed that Tony had given them access to the coms.

"What, did you go through a drive-through!?" Tony called out, he quickly rolled to the side and dodged a blast. "Swing up park. I'm gonna Lay'm out for you." Tony flew by Danny with nearly 17 of the aliens on his tail.

Danny ducked down underneath Romanov's ship so they could get an open shot. He flew behind the ship and started shooting down the aliens who were trying to attack the ship from behind. One of the hoverbikes he blasted broke into two pieces. He quickly shot one of them to make it smaller but he didn't catch the other.

Danny's eyes widened when the piece flew right into the wing of the jet destroying it! Why couldn't he have just put up a shield instead of shooting at it? How could he have been so foolish? He shook his head and darted over to the ship that was rapidly losing altitude.

They were trying to reset themselves but it was failing miserably. The other wing crashed into a building knocking it off completely. Danny quickly flew underneath the ship and lifted it. He led it to the ground safely where it would not land on any civilians.

Quickly he listened for heartbeats to tell if anyone was okay. He was relieved to hear all three heartbeats. All of the occupants of the ship rushed out and looked up to the sky to see all of the creatures still flying around. "We need to get back up there!" Cap called out.

Danny could feel something was coming, something big. "Guys something is coming, and it's bad." Danny warned, floating next to them battle-ready. It seemed that everyone held their breath, and Danny listened closely for anything.

Suddenly a loud roar hit Danny's ears causing him to flinch away. The nose of a large creature poked through the portal taking the rest of the body with it. It was like a flying mosasaurs. Covered nose to tail in the same armor that coated the rest of the invasion. It was about twice if not three times as big as Prince Aragon in his dragon form.

It was slithering through the city, using its large fins to steer itself in between buildings. As soon as it was low enough to the ground hundreds of the Chitauri warriors were launched out of pods that were attached to the underside of the armor. They were launched out into the windows of the buildings so they could attack the people inside.

Danny took off into the sky towards the creature, ignoring Cap calling out. He quickly noticed Tony flying by as well, still being followed by a couple of the aliens. Danny shot them down and turned to face Tony who was now hovering mid-air scanning the giant whale.

"Stark, you seeing this?" Cap called out.

"Seeing, still working on believing," Tony answered. "Suddenly ghosts aren't the most impossible things in the world." He sent a nod to Danny, who was shooting down any of the aliens who flew by while Tony was scanning the whale. "Kid I need you to get that thing's attention and bring it over there, I have a plan for big and scaley." He pointed to a building a little farther away, but in the opposite direction of where the creature was headed.

Danny nodded and took off. He flew along next to the creature shooting small rapid-fire blasts along the creature's side, just underneath a lip of the armor. The creature roared and started to turn, not even caring that there were buildings in the way of its path. It was destroying them like it was nothing.

"Well, we got its attention," Danny called out. He quickly spun around and sped over to where Tony had told him to lead the creature. "Now what?"

"Ever heard the story of Jonah?" Tony asked the halfa who was dodging back and forth as the creature was trying to bite his tail. Tony took off, not waiting for an answer from the ghost. He flew past Danny and into the mouth of the creature as it was open readying to bite at Danny again.

Danny spun around surprised at Tony, he was about to go in after him when he heard the sounds of multiple grenades and missiles firing on the inside of the creature. Danny backed up a bit as the creature started to fall to the ground. Tony held his hands together and made one final repulsor blast into the creature's side, just wide enough for him to escape.

He flew through the creature and then started hovering next to Danny as the creature fell to the ground. Thank goodness there was no one in the way. "Few, it worked." Tony sighed, Danny turns his head to Tony with a 'really?' look on his face.

The inventor chuckled, Danny chuckled for a second before he heard it again, the sound, more of the whales. His light smile fell as it changed to a more serious expression. "There are more coming." He stated throughout the comms.

Everyone turned back up to the portal to see three more of the creatures fly through the rip in space. These ones seemed bigger than the one before, one slightly bigger than the other two. It also seems that the portal seemed to be expanding in size. Danny growled as he stared at the widening portal, more and more aliens flying through to attack innocent people.

Cap called out through the comms and waved Tony and Danny down. They needed a plan. "All right listen up, until we can close that portal up there our priory is containment of the situation." He turned his head around the team. "Stark do you think you can take down another one of those things like you did before?"

"No can do Capsicle, used up most of my ammunition on the first one." Tony replied.

Hawkeye put another arrow on his bow. "So we have any other ideas on how we can get rid of those things?"

Danny hesitated. "I might have an idea, but I have never done it on something so big before."

"Do you think you can handle it Phantom?" Cap asked. Danny nodded.

"Okay, Barton I want you on that roof, eyes on everything, call out patterns and strays. Stark you got the perimeter, if anything gets more than three blocks out you turn it around or turn it to ash." Cap commanded.

"Give me a lift?" Barton asked Tony.

Tony smirked under his faceplate. "Right, better clench up Legolas." He grabbed onto Barton and took off into the air. Cap turned back to the others after seeing Tony take off.

"Okay, Danny see what you can with those whales, if you can, steer them away from any large buildings." Danny nodded. "Thor bottleneck that portal, make it so it is harder for creatures to disperse. You got the lighting, light those bastards up." Both Danny and Thor took off at the same time into the sky, flying side by side towards the portal.

Cap turned to Nat. "You and I will be staying on the ground. We keep the fighting here." Nat nodded.

Danny sucked in a deep breath, heading for one of the smaller whales. He had never done this to anything this big before, he doesn't even like using this power in the first place, it is one of his least favorite powers.

Danny flew directly at the head of the creature, his eyes narrowed. Danny closed his eyes and fazed into the creature. When they opened again his eyes were clouded with a blurry purple heat-based vision, it was pointing out where the people are.

Danny couldn't believe it worked. The gigantic alien's eyes flickered from dark purple to a bright toxic green. Its scales and armor changed slightly as well as it became much more closer to the color of black, highlighted with dark green. Danny had overshadowed one of the whales.

He could hear the sounds of what seemed to be commands or code, but they weren't coming from someone talking, it was like it was being imputed into the creature's brain. He felt like he was supposed to do what the voice told him, but he resisted which was hard being that he was overshadowing something this big. He could hear everything being commanded, like it was a beehive and they were listening to a queen. That was it! These creatures have a hive mind, that is how they are so synchronized.

Danny shifted his course, so he didn't crash one of his fins into a building. The other members of the avengers looked up to see the creature swiftly changing its course, you could see the bright green eyes from all the way down there. They suddenly remembered what the halfa had talked about earlier, 'possession'.

Everyone was amazed but quickly refocused back onto the task at hand. Danny quickly spotted the bigger whale diving towards a skyscraper. He flew full speed at the creature and opened his mouth revealing hundreds of large sharp teeth.

He clamped down onto the side of the creature's neck and started pulling it away from the buildings it was trying to crash into that were full of people. The other whale roared and ripped itself from Danny's grip, causing pieces of the armor around its neck to fall off all bent. The whale snarled and bit down on Danny's side, just above one of his lower fins, causing Danny to roar in pain and anger.

Danny focused all of his energy into intangibility and fazed his side individually from the creature's tight grip. Both of them backed up and ran headfirst into each other, trying to knock each other out, the armor on their heads crumpling like paper. Danny felt his (the creature's) skull crack with the impact. Danny was starting to lose his vision and control. This was his last chance.

He bit down on the other whale's back with all of his might. The other creature bit down on one of Danny's fins. Both refusing to let go. Danny directed them to the water. Danny quickly fazed out of the creature as they were both falling full speed toward the ocean. Where no one could get hurt.

Danny coughed a bit holding his hand over his core. It was really hurting, his core was trying to replenish all the energy he was losing, making it feel like he had a bunch of stitches over his core. He squinted his eyes in pain and looked back over to the city. There was still one more whale. And Danny assumed that more were coming.

Danny darted back over to the portal area shooting down a couple of the aliens as he flew. He quickly started firing at the creature, he was hoping he might be able to freeze its mouth shut so he could get a better angle on it, he didn't think he could overshadow another one at the moment.

The creature roared and spun around much quicker than Danny was expecting, his reaction time was going down with his exhausted core. The creature's tail hit Danny causing him to be thrown back first into a skyscraper. His body crashed through multiple layers of concrete and glass.

He gasped for air clutching onto his side, when he pulled his hand back to look at it, it was covered in ectoplasm! He hissed in pain rolling his head back, Danny had a deep cut all the way across his back, and he was losing ectoplasm. Nothing he could die from, he hoped. Danny could already feel his skin start to try and knit itself back together, but he would need to give himself some stitches with some ecto proof wire when he had time.

Danny limped over to the whole he was thrown through, gripping tightly onto his side. This sucked. He was about to jump back into the air to take out the last whale when suddenly the said creature was knocked down like it was punched in the face. Danny stepped back a bit in surprise as the creature fell to the ground, practically dead on impact with whatever hit it.

Danny was surprised when he saw what knocked it down, it was hulk! Just in the knick of time. Danny didn't know if he could take down another one of those whales in his state.

He floated down to Hulk who was standing next to the creature panting angrily. "Hey?" Danny called out, Hulk's head quickly snapped to Danny. Looking ready to punch Danny at any second. "Sorry." Danny held his hands up in defense. "Just wanted to say thanks." Hulk looked the halfa up and down before huffing and leaping into the air grabbing onto one of the alien hoverbikes speeding by, ripping it in half.

Danny winced and looked up at the top of one of the buildings, feeling like he was being watched, he froze as he saw a familiar face. Loki was standing up there looking down at the chaos unfolding. Danny floated slowly up to the top of the building not leaving eye contact with the god of mischief. "You need to stop this." He called out landing on the other edge of the building.

"It's too late to stop anything, you have no chance." Loki smirked.

"I know this isn't you. You are being controlled. The same way that you 'seemingly' controlled others." Loki's eyes seemed sad but his body didn't move. Danny walked closer, drops of ectoplasm staining the ground beneath him. "We need to talk."

---

Notes

Hello everyone, Thank you so much for reading my chapter. Once again it was a bit later than I would have liked. But I am terrible at writing fight scenes. I used one of the fight tactics that they used in the movie, aka the Jonah scene. But all of the other fights I came up with myself.

The next chapter will be the end of the movie section! XD I am so excited. I do feel like I did a good job with changing up the plot and making it more original. I know lots of people didn't like the first chapters, but thank you for pointing it out. I had not originally realized how close the first three chapters were to the movie. but I am very glad that I changed it, as well as followed the movie the way I did.

I am actually moving, not far like 15 min from my old place, but that is one of the main reasons that I am a little scatterbrained, I have been writing this chapter in between rapid packing, and school work. So it might end up being three weeks in between chapters while I am working on the move. I am also excited about my birthday coming up on the 6th. But I hope you understand, that it is a little hard to do everything at the same time as writing (8 ongoing stories at once). I don't think I will ever give up on this story so don't worry, I don't want any of my stories to be left unfinished. <3

Thank you all for your amazing reviews/comments on this story so far. it warms my heart every time I see one and gives me what I need to continue this story. None of this story would be possible without any of you helping me. ^^ Thank you so much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.2K 43
Highest ranking: #1 in Dannyphantomxreader Season one of Danny Phantom with you thrown into it. (I do not own Danny Phantom or any of the character...
6.3K 538 15
Loki was used to feeling like the odd man out. Once the team finally let him join them he had quickly forged a friendship with Bucky, and spent his s...
137K 4.4K 21
Danny Phantom, Young Justice/DC crossover; As more ghosts end up in Amity park, the mysterious 'Danny Phantom' seems to be getting more attention t...
354K 8.6K 31
This is just kept to see how badly i wrote when i was 12, thankfully i have had many english lessons since then. Peter accidentally messaged the wron...