Andante - R. Lupin

By halcyonedaysx

'Andante, Andante Oh, please don't let me down' In which Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague just wants to be loved... More

- CAST -
- Playlist -
- PRELUDE -
- 0.1
- 0.2
- 0.3
- 0.4
- 0.5
- ACT ONE -
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
- ACT TWO -
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
- ACT THREE -
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88
89
90.
91.
92.

35.

1.4K 72 49
By halcyonedaysx

{.35. Risk Taker}

Remus John Lupin had struggled at the last full moon, ever since he had ran into Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague his heart had been conflicted. Why was he not willing to give her a chance? He couldn't really come up with a solid answer because he only had positive things to say about the beautiful Hufflepuff girl.

He had known that she was understanding and accepting, he had known that she wanted to write literal laws to help people that were afflicted with lycanthropy like Remus but there he was so confused and conflicted about giving the Montague girl a chance.

It wasn't even about the fact she had burnt him, he hadnt been concerned about that because he had wanted to ensure she was okay. He was used to being hurt either way. But Remus was embarrassed by the way that he had acted towards Alcyone because of the effects of the moon and just by generally avoiding her afterwards. That's what Remus didn't like, Hope Lupin would have been terribly ashamed of him and his attitude and he would hate to disappoint his mother.

The marauders were now sat in their usual cabin on the train home for the summer. Peter was excited because he was visiting Australia this year, for two whole weeks! It was all he had been talking about in school and everyone could understand why he was happy.

James and Sirius had no plans but to play quidditch all summer, they'd invited Remus along but he hadn't been sure. He really wasn't good at quidditch and he liked keeping his feet on the ground because of his fear of heights, he didn't know why he hated them so much but he just would rather not risk falling to his death. The only other thing they had on their agenda was to attend Ally's birthday — they assumed they were invited because she had mentioned it before but if they were honest they weren't really sure.  The school year had broken up a week earlier this year which was weird but nobody complained about it.

Remus was welcoming the break, if he was invited to Ally's birthday along with James and Sirius it would have been two weeks before the full moon and he didn't know how that would affect him. However he had wanted to go because he valued Ally and her friendship even if he was being a bit awful to her right now. He wished that there was a way he could put things right and properly make some sort of amends with her.

"How come you spent the night with Ally, Padfoot?" James asked sparking Remus' attention back to the conversation.

"She caught me walking and I had fallen so I had hurt myself, but there was so much blood I had bloody terrified her I did. And well, you know what she's like,"

"Caring?" Peter replied

"Kind?"

"Thoughtful?"

"Yes Peter, caring is the word I'm looking for," Sirius emphasised "she was scared with all the blood, she was going to get Perseus to come and check,"

"What happened?" Remus asked

Remus had no idea what had happened but he had a feeling it was a full moon Incident because the boys usually hid his Moony incidents from him so he didn't feel guilty. Sirius also knew that if Remus had found out he hurt Sirius, he would never talk to Ally again and Sirius couldn't have that because he wanted Ally and Remus to work out, he truly thought that they would suit each other really well and be together.

Remus noticed the boys silence and ran a hand over his face. He wasn't stupid, the sorting hat had seriously considered putting him in Ravenclaw because he was quick to work things out and catch on to things when people were hiding them. He knew the boys were bloody hiding things from him and it made him feel so much more down in the dumps. He didn't want to be self-deprecating or feel sorry for himself, he just hated the fact he could hurt the people he loved the most. He feared that they would learn to hate him if he continuously hurt them in a full moon.

"I hurt you, didn't I?" He huffed running a hand through his hair

"No mate, Padfoot was being a bit too cocky and annoyed you, it's alright."

"Did it scare her?" Remus asked

The last thing he had ever wanted to do was to scare Ally. It just wasn't something that he'd ever want to do. The thought of Ally's eyes ever widening in fear made him anxious because he'd never intentionally hurt her because he cared so much about her. He looked at Sirius with hopeful eyes and Sirius just reached and squeezed his hands.

"You know it was just the blood that had scared her. I think she was more concerned about the old scars from Grimmauld Place if I'm honest Moons," Sirius smiled sincerely at Remus so that he could reassure him "because you know Reg is there," Sirius explained quickly after the looks the boys gave him

"Moons, I can see the cogs turning mate. Unpack it or you'll drive yourself into an anxious frenzy," James said reaching forward to pat his hand

"Does she knows about me?" He asked quickly

"No but she stayed with you for ages on the hospital the next day, I don't think she made the connection to be honest mate," James explained squeezing his hand three times

Remus nodded and focused his thoughts back on Ally. What was he meant to say to her? He knew that he had liked her, he'd known the entire time that there had always been feelings for Alcyone Montague in his heart.

Ever since he had met the Hufflepuff girl he knew there was just something about her that he just liked. At first he thought it was the perfume she wore, it smelt of vanilla and that had always been comforting to Remus when he was struggling through the moon. Then he thought it was the fact that she radiated beauty and the fact that she was always smiley and happy. He couldn't really pinpoint what he liked about Ally Montague.

He just liked her.

He liked her so much that she often consumed his daily thoughts.

Remus stood up and excused himself to the toilets, they weren't too far from Kings Cross now and he'd wanted to see her before they got off the train. He was scared that he wouldn't get a chance and if he was being honest he didn't want to ask her for a chance in front of her brothers — that was terrifying.

He searched up and down the train for any sign of the two Hufflepuff's and the Ravenclaw but there was no sign of them whatsoever.  In the end he let out a sigh of defeat and returned to the marauders cabin. He sat down with a sigh and Peter handed him a bar of chocolate. Remus smiled and started talking to Peter about what he would be getting up to in Australia.

Remus was nervous for seeing his parents on the platform, his mum hadn't been well and he was really concerned about her. Especially as he hadn't seen her for a little while, he really just couldn't wait to give her a hug if he was being honest with himself. His mums hugs made everything feel better and he couldn't have been happier if he tried when he was in her embrace. Remus always found something comforting about being with his mum, when he was a lot younger after his first few transitions after the full moon he would always crawl into bed next to her because that's where he'd feel safest.

The train pulled into Kings Cross and the marauders grabbed their suitcases and filed off the train. James and Peter were the first two to exchange a hug while Sirius and Remus hugged each other tightly. The boys switched and then Remus hugged Peter tightly. James pat remus on the back and pointed to where Ally was hugging the boys.

Ally was hugging the boys tightly with tears streaming down her face. Her father and brothers were waiting on the platform for her to say good bye to her friends. The trio always felt incredibly emotional when they came to depart for the summer even though they all often saw each other, and now they were of age they'd be able to go into Diagon Alley and spend time together properly.

"Promise me you'll write to me everyday, the Muggle world gets so incredibly boring at times," Luke sniffed, ally wiped his tears with her thumb

"I very doubt that you know, muggles are fascinating," she laughed before he kissed her cheeks and hugged Toby before he went off to find his parents

Toby held her tightly sniffing into her shoulder, it had been a long year for the two of them and they were so incredibly proud of each other for what they had achieved. Toby was always Ally's number one, no matter what happened between the various groups. They knew that the two would always be there for each other.

"I'm so incredibly proud of you Tobes," she whispered in his ear

"I love you Ally, more than the moon," he whispered

"I love you so much more than the moon my darling, you're the sun in my life." She replied kissing his cheek

There was a clearing of the throat and Remus Lupin stood there with the marauders watching on behind him. He walked slowly up to her and smiled softly. He towered over Ally and she smiled up at him. She was very confused but Remus was acknowledging her.

"Remus—" "Cece—" they both spoke

"You go..." Remus said

"I'm so so so sorry for burning you that day, I don't know what it was. My magic was a bit temperamental but it has happened to Reggie too so it's not —"

"Cece I should apologise to you! I bit your head off for absolutely no reason. I'm so so sorry love,"

Ally grabbed his hand in hers and smiled softly shaking her head. She brought her other hand up to his hair and ran her hand through the roots. Remus looked at her and met her eyes. He looked in them and saw nothing but kindness and sincerity, he knew she was the kindest person that he would ever encounter and he was almost certain she'd be just as kind should she find out about his affliction with lycanthropy.

The more he thought about it the more he didn't know why he was denying himself the right to be happy, or why he wouldn't allow himself to be happy with her, so he brought his hand to her cheek and cupped it.

"Ignore the risk and take it all, if it's meant to be it's worth it all," he whispered

Ally's eyes widened in recognition of what she had told him the other week when she had left him with a bit of thought about taking risks. She looked up before she let out a smile and made the leap to press her lips on his. She didn't know what she was doing but it was like everything had led to this moment of her kissing Remus John Lupin.

She pulled away and flushed red when she realised that her brothers and dad were standing there with their jaws open and she realised exactly what she had done — she didn't know if she was embarrassed, shocked or wanted to faint at how brave she had been. Toby let out a squeal of excitement which drew her out of her daze and wrapped his arms around the two excitedly kissing their cheeks.

"I have to go but I am so happy about this!" He squealed pointing at the two of them while shooting Ally a wink

"I think I have to go too, but I'll write to you," Remus whispered pressing a quick kiss to her forehead "I promise," he beamed and ran off in the other direction

She let out an excited squeal and jumped up and down on the spot while doing a spin before she fully turned to her dad and brothers with a cool and calm smile walking towards them.

"Who's the boy Alcyone?" Arcturus Montague asked in a stern tone while hugging her tightly — he was in shock that he had just witnessed his youngest child and only daughter kiss another person in front of him. He knew that she loved giving cheek kisses but he thought this must be a bloody special person to get a kiss on the lips from his daughter.

"He's a friend," she muttered pulling a way from the hug

"He's a bloody good one by the looks of it," Wolf sarcastically quipped

He received a swift smack on the arm from Atlas who was giving him stern eyes while he wrapped his arms around ally as they all moved to apparate together. Atlas was very excited and couldn't wait to hear everything, he had missed his sister so bloody much.

"Tell me everything," atlas whispered causing Ally to cackle loudly

She couldn't believe it, she actually couldn't believe that Remus Lupin had kissed her on platform nine and three quarters. Remus John Lupin and Alcyone Montague put their lips together and kissed on platform nine and three quarters. Well even though there were some technicalities like the fact that she had kissed him but that didn't matter because he had bloody kissed her back and it had still happened!

She felt as if everything was alright now, obviously they had to sort the ins and outs of what that kiss meant out but for now she felt as if her questions were answered. She and Remus were in a good place and that was all that mattered to her.

Despite their new situation their friendship was always what was most important and that's the main thing. She knew that her brothers were literally about to tease her immensely but it was worth it because for once she took a stand and made the move and like she had told Remus herself. The biggest risks are the ones that people take with their hearts, it was the most important thing to do and she was glad that Remus and herself were taking these risks.

The risk could be the best one that they could ever take and ally was very bloody excited about it.

End of act one.

***

So bloody excited xxxx

Comment and vote please xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 29.2K 182
-ᴍᴀʀᴀᴜᴅᴇʀs ᴇʀᴀ ❁ -ʀᴇᴍᴜs ʟᴜᴘɪɴ ❁ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘶𝘴 𝘓𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦...
103 3 5
"if i'd known you'd leave forever, i never would've helped you disappear." in which the marauders think their sixth year will begin and end normally...
1.3M 45.1K 78
In a universe where Voldemort never became powerful enough to terrify people for decades after the first Wizarding War, Peter didn't betray his frien...
5.3K 141 26
Oh, Ophelia Heaven help the fool who falls in love. ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°★.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆. "Would you...like to hear a story?"