Worth Solving {Dylan O'Brien}

By AintThatDevine

Genesis and Dylan started talking over a wrong number but something compelled them to keep the calls going. A... More

*Disclaimer*
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty-One
Chapter Fourty-Two
Chapter Fourty-Three
Chapter Fourty-Four
Chapter Fourty-Five
Chapter Fourty-Seven
Chapter Fourty-Eight
Chapter Fourty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
For You, With Love

Chapter Fourty-Six

6.3K 233 30
By AintThatDevine

A/N: To be honest, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be able to end this soon. It's about damn time, too. I started writing this in the summer of 2013 and it still isn't finished. Hopefully i'll be able to tie up any loose ends but it seems maybe 50, 55 chapters and we'll be done -Mel xx

46.

{Dylan's P.O.V.}

Out of every moment in my entire life, I've never been more nervous.

Not during show and tell in kindergarten, not for my graduation speech and never once for my auditions.

Major movies, red carpet and interviews, yet none of it compared to this.

To meeting Genesis' mom.

"Okay, you look like you're about to cry." Gen held on to the steering wheel with one hand as she took a glance to me. She turned down the radio slightly, evidence of a smile lingering on her.

"What? No, I'm not going to cry." I quickly retorted, getting her to laugh.

"No, you muppet, I just mean you look scared shitless." When I didn't respond, she only smiled. "Is it my mum? It is, isn't it?"

"What if she doesn't like me?"

"What are you talking about? She already does!" Slightly confused and holding off on smiling, Gen took another look over to me as we graced the outskirts of a city. "You've spoken to her on the phone."

"Yeah, on the phone, but that's it. I'm actually meeting her this time." She gave me her free hand and I took it willingly. "What if I mess it up?"

"You won't and I know it for a fact." She squeezed lightly, an honest smile on her lips. "Here, how about we grab something to eat first? You're probably hungry, right?"

"I wouldn't object to food." I admitted, the pair of us laughing.

"Then it's settled." Gen let go, using both hands to turn and head for a small restaurant. "And, I don't think you should be nervous. She already loves you." Pulling up to a small building called Vincent's, she parked the mondeo. Taking out the keys, she nodded for me to get out as she did.

I pulled my jacket a little closer before holding my hand out to Gen, soon getting her fingers to lace with mine.

"So, you're going to experience something that may seem a little strange, but I think you can manage." Gen told me as she pushed open the doors of the building. "One, English food. Two, no one is going to recognize you. But, don't let it bruise your ego."

I rolled my eyes when she grinned back at me, "You're a bully." I said, "That is exactly what you are, Gen."

"I'm British, there's a difference." She tucked a wave of blonde hair behind her ear, waving to a man in a polo. "Jim, hi."

"Well look at who's here!" Burly with a finely tamed beard, the older man came out from behind the bar. "I hardly believe it, Genesis Venita."

Gen's hand left mine so she could hug him, a small laugh coming from her. When she was set down she motioned to me, "Jim, this is Dylan."

"The American." Jim held out his hand to me, "Gen's mum has mentioned you before."

I shook Jim's hand, a nervous smile on my lips. "All good things, I hope."

"Of course." Jim was all smiles for such a tough looking man. "Go on and grab a spot and I'll send Dalia for you."

"Cheers, Jim." Gen happily said, taking my hand again. "Booth?"

"Sure." The fact she said no one would recognize me made it even worse because it was in fact true. No one was giving me a second look. I wasn't trying to be conceited, but honestly it was a little weird, and also really nice.

"Terminology for you." Gen hadn't noticed her accent had gotten thicker since she'd gotten back. "Before you call this a diner or a bar, it is neither. It's a pub. It's going to be one of the most frequent things you'll see."

I couldn't help but smile at her, her accent stronger and her mood even a little bit brighter. "If you missed it so much here you could've visited sooner."

"We were talking about pubs."

"I can see it, Gen." I said, not letting her change the subject. "It's hard to miss."

"It's can handle being away from home for a few months. It just makes visiting even nicer." Gen glanced past my shoulder, a grin creeping on her lips. "Hi Dalia."

A woman with two gray braids narrowed her eyes, "Bloody hell, Genesis!"

Gen got up, hugging the waitress with such love. "How are you?"

"I'm lovely, but even better now that you're here." Dalia held her out at arms length before letting go. "Your mum came in and showed us those pictures of you from the fashion shoot. Darling you're too pretty for your own good. Share some with the rest of us."

Gen's cheeks flushed lightly as she took her spot back down across from me. "Well, Dalia, this is Dylan. I doubt Mum has spared much detail so you might know he's the American."

"I still don't understand how you got with an American boy." Dalia admitted, shaking my hand a moment later. "It's lovely to meet you. I'm Dalia and your girlfriend here spends any free time she has in here when she isn't writing or at uni." She touched my shoulder in a sweet way. "Hell, she'll even come here sometimes and write. Hide out in the back booth and order tea after tea."

"Come on, Dal." Gen said, looking like there was a hint of embarrassment.

"Alright, fine. What can I get you two?"

Gen looked to me, "Do you trust me?"

Dalia smiled, already on her way to scribble down an order. "You won't regret it."

"Oh hell, why not?" I answered, getting her to grin.

"Got it?" Gen looked up to Dalia, a devious look on her face. "Take it easy on him, it's his first time."

Dalia winked, disappearing after taking drink orders.

"Okay, now I'm scared."

Gen lifted an eyebrow, "About the food?"

"No, the fact you talk to people here."

She rolled her eyes, on the same page as me. "I'll let you know that I take food seriously, so the only people I really talk to are the ones who run the restaurants and pubs."

I laughed, nodding. "That makes more sense. All about the food."

Gen's smile faded a little as she glanced to her phone that lit up. She texted someone back before putting her phone away. "So, what can I do to prepare you to talk to my mum?"

"Are there any words she hates?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"I just mean, does she have any words that just make her uncomfortable or mad?" I asked, trying to get to a point where I wouldn't freak out when talking to Marabelle. "I'm trying to cover all my bases."

"She's not big on American sports." Gen started, having to think. "The word moist and," She had to get through a soft laugh. "and you should probably leave the Soviets out of it."

"Damn, you took my whole opener."

Gen rolled her eyes at me despite her grin, a laugh trickling from her. "I'll stall if you need more time to think."

"What do you think she'll ask me?" I asked, leaning with my elbows on the table.

"Probably about your work. Before she went into the government she wanted to be an actress as a teenager." Gen offered, "Maybe about LA, and probably some embarrassing questions about myself."

"Those I will willingly answer." I replied, laughing lightly.

Dalia whistled her arrival, carrying plates over to us. "All set, darlings."

"Cheers, D." Gen thankfully said with a smile, letting the plates be set down in front of us.

Multitasking, Dalia also had our drinks with her. She placed a soda next to my plate and a tea next to Gen's. "Enjoy, kids."

"Okay, your move." Gen smiled widely at me, "Go for it, America."

"Oh, I see. We're reverting back to those names now that we're not in my country anymore."

"There wouldn't be your country without my country, sweetheart. Man up and do it."

I put a hand to my chest, feigning offense. "Good lord, who are you?"

She laughed brightly, it seeming to fill up the room. It was impossible not to catch it, causing me to laugh with her.

I could tell this was going to be one hell of a trip. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

663K 24.2K 99
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
39.9K 435 12
This entire book is satire don't take this seriously This was made as a joke TW: you will need severe therapy after reading this. Beware!!
10.6K 108 9
Kiara Salvatore, the youngest of all siblings but causes the most trouble. She wasn't always so cold- hearted and distant. Just as she thought life c...
115K 2K 53
Katie "Blaze" Blackwood, daughter of Charlie Blackwood is a fighter pilot, much like those her mother was surrounded by when she was Katie's age. Kat...