A Chance At Redemption -- Var...

By Megan_Idek

Evil follows the group and will do anything to stop you from getting your destiny. Can you rise above everyth... More

Welcome back!
Chapter 1 - Beyond Corona walls
Chapter 2 - So we meet again...
Chapter 3 - If i could take that moment back
Chapter 4 - a wedding to crash
Chapter 5 - the return of Quaid
Chapter 6 - what's up now?
Chapter 7 - She's a deputy you crook
Chapter 8 - A birthday boy's surprise
Any questions? (Not a chapter)
Chapter 9 - Bloopers (From book one)
Chapter 10 - The forest of no return
Chapter 11 - What did you just call me?
Chapter 12 - Mr Rider and Miss Striker to the rescue
Chapter 13 - Proud of your boy
Chapter 14 - My boyfriend's a bird-
Chapter 15 - Did Leo just...
Chapter 16 - Vigor the Visionary
Chapter 17 - you have got to be kidding me Eugene
some outfits!
Chapter 18 - sleepy Bean
Chapter 19 - when you see someone fall... pick them up
Chapter 20 - How Eugene met (__)
Chapter 21 - Keeper of the spire
Chapter 22 - I am not annoyed... I AM NOT ANNOYED
Chapter 23 - King Pascal
Chapter 24
Chaper 25 - Pascal and Leo to the rescue
chapter 26 - Happiness is?
Chapter 28- A prank day gone wrong
Chapter 29 - Max, Eugene and (__) in Peril on the high seas
Chapter 30 - Remember that phase?
Chapter 31 - Independence or teamwork?
Chapter 32 - Curses!
Chapter 33 - A monkey curse?
Chapter 34 - When life gives you lemons, you give them horseshoes
new book!!
Chapter 35 - the swinging rocks... OF DOOM!
chapter 36 - The eye of Pincosta
Chapter 37 - If I had the only flask of water...
New-ish book :)
Chapter 38 - God damn it Rapunzel
Chapter 39 - The great tree...
Chapter 40 - the truth of the moonstone
Chapter 41 - A monster leashed within
Chapter 42 - The brothers Hook
Chapter 43 -Livin' the dream (as the favourite
what do you guys want?
Chapter 44- Rapunzel and Y/n: Day one
Chapter 45 -Starlight Stikes back
Chapter 46 - Varian's beginning
Chapter 47 - Mirror, Mirror!
chapter 48 - fake or real?
Varian: A Christmas Carol
Varian: A Christmas carol part two
chapter 49 :Your kidding me!
Chapter 50: Y/ntopia!

Chapter 27 - Sadness is?

705 16 70
By Megan_Idek

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Sadness is?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Varian walked around the next day, happy as ever. The beach seemed to be a little chillier than usual but maybe this was winter time for the island?

Suddenly the winds started to pick up as Varian saw something in front of him that made him almost break down then and then.

Amber was crawling up his dad again on the beach, "Varian!!"

Varian quickly ran over, "Dad! D-dad! No! I can't let this happen again!" He cried.

Rapunzel came out of the dark shadows as lightning struck the ground, "But you have, Varian. You did this to your own father."

"W-what no! It was an accident! I didn't mean for it to happen..." Tears struck his face.

Another figure came out of the shadows. You.

Varian calmed down, "(__)! Oh, thank the lords of alchemy! Tell Rapunzel I never meant to make any of this happen!!" He ran over and tried to hug you but you pushed him down to the ground.

You scoffed, "Why should I? After all, aren't you the one who is completely happy the way things are? Because of me? In that case, you shouldn't even be worried about him." You pointed towards Quirin who was still shouting Varian's name.

"But... just because I won't say I'm sad or I'm hurting or I want to change the beginning for all of us... doesn't mean I don't feel it. I just don't want to upset you anymore than I already have!"

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Suddenly Varian woke up, his eyes red and swollen. He looked around, it was broad daylight and you were nowhere to be seen which was unusual for you since you would be the one to wake him up.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Meanwhile, you were sitting at the shore, watching the dolphins again when suddenly someone grabbed your arm and dragged you up. "Hey! What the heck!?- oh hey Rapunzel."

Rapunzel grins at you, "C'mon, we're going adventuring on this beautiful island!"

"Care to not give me a heart attack before you tell me that!?" You shouted as she pulled you along.

Suddenly Rapunzel stopped as a mysterious noise came from a cliffside, "Did you hear that?"

"Uh, yeah. It came from this way!" You ran ahead, signalling for her to follow you.

Once you got to the overgrown cliffside, a green light shone from a pile of moss. Rapunzel picked it up and took the green of a mysterious object, "What is this?" she asked.

The faces on the object began to shine green, changing the atmosphere completely. Suddenly Rapunzel's eyes widened as she turned around, "Dad!?"

You tilted your head, "What are you talking about?"

Rapunzel ignored you, "How did you- how are you? You're here!" She ran and hugged a bush. "Why didn't you say you were coming! I would have planned a whole celebration!"

"Okay, some weird stuff is going on here. Rapunzel?"

"You have no idea how happy I am right now! Since I found your letter I've been so homesick!" Rapunzel exclaimed.

You and Leo glanced at each other concerned, "Uh... yeah, this isn't normal. Leo, can you go find Varian? I'll keep Rapunzel company while she talks to these plants." You ask and Leo flies off into the distance.

After a few minutes, Rapunzel put the statue in her satchel, she looked around confused. "(__)? Where did you go? And how did you just reappear here?"

"Me? Where did I go? Where did your mind go? You were just talking to a bush."

"What? Your talking nonsense (__). C'mon, let's go show everyone whos here!"

"For the last time... WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?"

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Meanwhile, the others were watching Owl in the sky.

"We've got a visual, they're coming."

"Alright, has everyone signed Rapunzel's and (__)'s cheer up card?" Eugene asks.

"We sure did."

"Mee too!"

"Not everyone... Where's Varian? I haven't seen him all day." Sophie asks with a slightly concerned tone.

"I'm not sure... maybe he's having a sleep in?" Cass said as owl landed on her arm.

"Hi, guys!!" Rapunzel shouted, dragging you along.

"Hey, look who's cheered up." Cass smiles.

"Yep!"

"Anyone seen Varian. I need him. Desperately." You asked.

Eugene had a smirk on his face as he nudged you, "why do you need him. Desperately."

"Shut up, Eugene. You'll see in a sec. Rapunzel's acting strange."

"Look at this! It is the most incredible thing E-v-e-r !!" Rapunzel pulled out the statue.

A smirk appeared on your face. "Yeah, ill let you deal with this. I'm going to find Varian." You ran off into the woods, searching for any sign of maybe an explosion from alchemy or anything in general.

But you couldn't find him... but what you did find was shocking. A cave.

A cave full of mysterious paintings.

Leo flew back to you and shook his head, meaning he couldn't see Varian.

But what you found had distracted you too much.

Painting of the Idol Rapunzel was showing everyone. "Leo, go get the Lorbs leader, Alfons."

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Meanwhile, Varian was on the complete other side of the island to you, Staring out to sea.

His dream had made him realise how much he really was missing his family.

He was stuck on an island and never wanted to be there in the first place. Varian was walking around, hating everything and missing the people who made him happy.

He was dying for a hug from you when he woke up but he might have got slightly lost when he tried to find you.

The only person who made him the happiest was you.

But his dad too...

His dream seemed so real, it was completely messing with his head.

He began getting frustrated at the confusing emotions he was feeling.

Was it wrong for him to say he wasn't as sad as you were last night because he had you by his side?

Or was it natural?

Varian picked up a rock and yelled as he threw it in the ocean.

As soon as he calmed down, he ran his hands through his hair, helping himself to calm down, doing the thing you would usually do to help him get into a better state of mind.

Wait, why was he missing you? He could literally go see you back at camp.

"Oh, dumb Varian," Varian mumbled to himself. "C'mon Ruddiger."

He followed a mumble of noise and found himself back at camp. To find everyone arguing and fighting over a statue.

He raised a brow at the item everyone was fighting over. "Uh, what the heck are you guys doing? And where is (__)?"

Rapunzel snatched the statue away from Sophie and laughed as she ran away.

"HEY! LET ME EAT ALL THE CANDYFLOSS!!"

Varian got hold of the statue, "What the alchemy has got into all of you!? It's just a little statue! Get a grip!" He screamed, not in the best of moods right now.

"We see what makes us happy! Give it back!" Rapunzel shouted as she tried to snatch it back but Varian dogged her and looked at it.

"What makes you happy?" He asked as he frowned. "I guess mine won't show anything then."

"Varian son?" A deep voice said. Varian's eyes went wide, turning around to see his dad.

"Dad?" He asked weakly, a woman came out from behind Quirin. "Mom!" Tears burst down Varian's face as he ran over to his parent's illusions. "I'm so sorry for what I did to you dad..." he sobbed.

Quirin lifted his son's chin up, "We all make mistakes, son. But let me tell you, I and your mother have never been prouder of you. Isn't that right, Dear?"

Ulla hugged her son, tears flooding her cheeks, "Oh my son, you've grown so much since the last time I saw you! You've grown into the young man I dreamed you would." she said which made tears downed Varian's face.

Rapunzel and the rest of the group stopped fighting and watched Varian in utter shock. How selfish had they'd been to not even realize that all Varian really wanted, was the family he had lost?

"I miss you both so much... you have no idea how much I do. And (__) misses you as well dad! Even with all the fights you two had."

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

You showed the Lorbs where everyone is. And your eyes widened in shock once you saw Varian holding it.

Alfons gasped, "It is exactly what I feared... (__), doesn't Varian listen to you the best? And your the only one who isnt under the spell. You must get Varian to give the idol to you but wear these gloves."

Alfons gave you a pair of gloves, "I got it. And don't worry, I'll be careful."

"Varian!" As soon as you said his name he turned to face you, of course, you knew exactly what he saw. "What you see isn't real... I know what's happened has scarred you... and you wish your parents were by your side. But life isn't perfect and what you see with that idol isn't real. You have to give the idol to me so I can destroy it."

"But I don't think I can let go of this idol... This lets me see the people I need to see and the person I love already by my side. I can't do it (__)!" Varian cried. Ruddiger rushed up to his shoulders to attempt to dry his tears.

You got closer to Varian, "Varian you can do this. Do it for Quirin, do it for Ulla do it for Ruddiger... and me. Happiness isn't an object Varbear. It's the memories we share and the love we have. You can do this... I believe in you. Just pass me the idol, sweetheart." You smiled gently at Varian, causing him to sob.

"Not too close now, (__). As soon as you get the idol run as fast as you can to the temple."

"But I'm not like Rapunzel or anyone in this group! Some people can't just say they're hurting or they're sad or even that they want another life! A new beginning..."

You were being careful with your words, "No one can have a new beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. Me and you. Together."

Varian wiped his eyes, "What if I fail?! What if I never free my dad? What if I'm the one who messes everything up again?! WHAT IF I FAIL YOU?!" He asked in a panic. "I've already done that once..."

A tear fell down your face as soon as he mentioned about you, "What if you succeed? What if we - together -  free your father? What if your the one who saves the day? What if me and you can go back to Corona hand in hand and say 'We succeeded in our destiny, together?"

Alfrons gasped, "She's doing it! Okay, she is my favourite frine floofer now."

"Youre right..." Varian looked back at his mother and father. He closed his eyes and sighed, "Happiness isn't the idol... It's the memories we share and the love we have." Varian said as he passed the idol.

Before you could fully grasp the idol, Rapunzel snatched the idol off you as the idol glowed red.

Suddenly Rapunzel, in a fright, pushed Varian to the ground, "Get away from him, Varian!"

"First, ouch what the heck. And two, Ouch, did she see me in her worst nightmares?"

The idol slips out of Rapunzel's grasp as its statues fly into the Lorbs, making them touch it, their eyes glowing red. "Change of plans... Frine Floofers will be our prisoners. And the idol will stay with us."

You helped Varian up, "I gotta admit that would've hurt. But let's not discuss that at this very moment. We need to get that Idol destroyed! But in this very very moment. HIDEE! " You pulled Varian behind a bush.

After a few minutes, you saw Eugene, Sophie and Cass. you whisted them over.

Eugene puffed, out of breath, "(__)! What's going on? Where's Rapunzel?"

"The Lorbs have taken her prisoner and that idol has turned everyone against each other!" You explained.

"And Rapunzel apparently still thinks I'm gonna pour that stupid substance on her dad. WHICH is incorrect. I would have to pour it on a black rock first."

"Look, I know that's pretty hurtful, Varbear, but I'm sure we can talk about it later. But for now... Eugene, Cass, Sophie you three go get Rapunzel, she'll be in a hut. Us two, we're gonna be a distraction."

Everyone nodded as they ran off.

"Hey, Lorbs! The idol is over there!" You shouted, making them run west. While they were distracted you grabbed the idol without them seeing it and quickly placed it in your satchel.

In the corner of your eye, you could see Eugene, Sophie and Cass had joined in on the fight.

"Wait, so if they're fighting..."

"I'm over here you two!" Rapunzel shouted.

You and Varian ran over to her. "There's the temple. Let's move. And Varian, I'm so sorry I did that to you..."

Varian tried to ignore her, "It's- It's fine. We need to get going. Now."

As you and Varian ran up the temple, followed by Rapunzel. Everyone else was fighting.

"For the last time, I dont have the idle!" Eugene shouted.

"You don't have an idol? Then who do have it?" Alfron asked.

"Alfron, alfron!" Some lorbs pointed at you, Rapunzel and Varian, getting closer to the top.

"They're trying to destroy the idol! Get them!!"

As soon as you got to the top, Varian took the statue out of your satchel and went to destroy the idol as Rapunzel blocked everyone coming up as much as she could.

Varian rose the stone up to destroy the idol, "Varian! Please... what if we never see each other again?" Quirin pleaded.

"I'm sorry dad... but I have to do this." Varian fought trying to put the idol down.

You ran over, "Varian you can do it! I believe in you." You helped him place down the idol as the wind picked up.

Rapunzel was struggling to keep the others away, "Varian we all believe in you."

"You are not my dad! My dad loves me wherever I am. If i'm by his side or a thousand miles away!"

"Hunny, if you stop what your doing right now, all of us could have a new beginning just like you wanted." Ulla cried.

"You can't go back and change the beginning. But you can start where you are and change the ending!" Varian raised the stone and shattered the idol into millions of pieces.

"You did it varbear!" You hugged him as tight as you could.

Varian kissed your forehead, "We did it, Milady."

You and Varian turned around to see everyone back to normal.

Rapunzel frowned as Eugene placed his hand on Her shoulder, "How are you feelin'"

She sighed, "Homesick... but I think I have an idea. C'mon (__), You too Varian!" She dragged you both down the temple.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

All three of you had grabbed a lantern each and written a letter in.

Yours said:

"Dear King Fredric and Queen Ariana, or mom and dad. Depending on which you want me to call you.

Today I think everyone learned a valuable lesson about what happiness really is and what homesickness can do to someone.

I miss you both very much, and (if you dont hate me) would love to be back with you two again.

But now, I and Varian know, we can be strong together as well as independent and still miss home. It's just life and nobody can be happy all the time.

And if I am sad? It's a reminder that I love my family and how much even friends can be your realist family of all.

Even if your real family tree has moved on in the circle of life.

But most importantly, today I've realized, Corona will be forever and always...

My home.

I guess you dont know how much something means to you until it's gone.

But until I see you again, you'll forever be in my heart."

Love, (__) ♡

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Did someone say... A Cass and (__) special next chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 55 22
This is a sequel to 'The Journey of the Missing Crown'. Plot; It's been one year since Eugene Fitzherbert lives in Old Corona with Varian. Eugene lea...
172K 4.9K 111
We all know what happened to Varian in the first season of "Tangled: The Series." He became the villain, was defeated by Rapunzel, and thrown into pr...
7.9K 142 16
(aka "Alone?") I adopted this fanfic from @CartoonsAreAmazing. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Varian has been groomed and abused by...
16.9K 733 38
- (Y/n) was the beloved princess of Corona, positioned perfectly to inherit the throne- until Rapunzel returned, taking everything she had, leaving h...