His Dark Embrace (Rewrite)

By emilytwin

His Dark Embrace - Rewrite (There will probably be the odd typo here and there. Will be fully checked once c... More

War
Forget Me Not
Nights Fall
Arrival
Inspection
Tears & Blood
The Pack Meeting
Fun & Games
A Brief Escape

Chains

7.4K 374 108
By emilytwin

Aurora's POV

Sadness carves Eric's face, eyes remaining dry, lips low. He knows if he were to even blink the smallest of tears, let out the softest groan of anguish, it would be enough to terrify the rest. An endless torrent of grief. He had trained many in Ravaeyn and they all knew that, he wasn't allowed to look weak.

Humanities biggest secret...

A lot of sacrifices had been made to keep the training sessions hidden. It was forbidden, but a lot of us thought we had a right to learn about defending ourselves. The greater redemption from such a secret would be our freedom, but that looked a lot less likely. The more wars that got lost, the more afraid humans were to fight. If things carried on how they were, we'd end up giving up.

He moved nothing but his eyes as he glanced at each man, woman and child who sat before him. Chains slithering down their bodies, skin raw, red, suffocating. A teenagers cry was enough to paralysis them all, the youngest one of them down there.

"Be calm." Eric tried to soothe, he wasn't use to dealing with these situations. His eyes shivered in disgust at the fresh cuts on the boys wrists, the marks of the chains.

They were sharp, bulky and vicious.

Most of them looked impassive, their minds far away. The realisation of the fight not yet kicking in.

Dylan pulled me back, blocking my view of the others. They'd added some one way panels which allowed them to look below the stage, no one under there would know. He'd thought that a personal tour of the fighting pit they were setting up would induce the more obedient mate he wanted.

They'd also hidden microphones under the stage, so every single word could be monitored and reported back to the Godessy programme.

"This is your last chance, mate." His voice was low, emotionless.

He pushed me slightly, my body soon encased by unfamiliar gloved hands.

"You will have some freedoms with me once I can trust you, but I can't let you disrespect our bond. Especially not in front of my pack."

Two of his pack members approached. Ignoring the situation in front of them they got to work whilst the guard whom I was now a prisoner to held me still.

Chains clattered around me, prancing on my skin teasingly, the coldness numbed my wrists.

"Just do it." The reply was rough. Simple. The guard manhandling me wasn't even worthy of an insult.

Icy chapped hands pushed my wrists forwards, quickly binding them together. Successfully distracting me from the soft unfocused ripping of cotton.

They'd torn my dress.

"I hope you find the right path soon, Luna." The sudden softness of the guards word echoed in my mind as the final chain was clasped shut.

Guilt. No. Hope. Maybe.

"Werewolves might be scared to be lonely, but humans are living their lives as if they even had a choice."

Heart break is a difficult road that many face, it's cold, harsh, sometimes deceptive. We can soak our hearts with good memories, absorb the laughs, the tears, the stories, but deep down the cracks always remain. Feelings like flames eventually die, but we're left with small ashes which engrain deep within.

A lot were too afraid to love when it could be so easily ripped away.

Many only ventured down that path once they knew they were safe. Free from being a mate. Perhaps a more sensible logic, but it was a terrible price to pay.

Loneliness... No time can erase it. To some it was a friend, their solitude.

Others it drives insane; replacing their inner light with demons. The fuelers of nightmares, fear, the velvety echos in your mind. It was seductive, captivating, an easy place to find yourself getting lost.

An addiction.

To me it was a calming numbness. A time to heal, to reflect, to grow. We didn't spend much time together, I and loneliness, but the greeting was always as friends.

The darkened storm in the guard's eyes silenced by the sweet whisper of my words. After a moment they froze over. The harsh abyss replaced by a puddle of the softest of blues; like they'd been soaked in a sudden brightness, glazed with a twilight hue. Someone was mind linking him. His grasp lightened, still firm, but the roughness suddenly dissipated.

Dylan abruptly stepped in front of us, quickly closing any distance between us. My feet firmly planted on the ground, the guard using the chains as leverage over my body.

His eyes, a warmth of a everlasting hearth, golden specs of ember flickering through; his wolf. Swirly... Mesmerising. They are the forest floor, crisp  autumnal leaves. The bond tingles like it aches to tell a hidden story.

"Aurora." His voice is spellbinding, my brain marvelled. His tone slicing the burning anger which was building up inside. Heart jumping at the sound of my name flowing from his lips.

Shivering... It was the bond.

"The bond. You can feel it's whispers in your mind. Embrace it."

How could a monster be so alluring?

Leaning forward, his lips brushed my cheek; softly, delicately, tickling like butterfly wings. They were electric, curious. Heat flared up, the bond nibbling. He was looking down, his eyes imaging where his mark could lay. Hearing the inhale of his breath, they fluttered down to my collarbone.

My breath caught in my throat, eyes widening in betrayal as my body fell limp. The heaviness of the chains bringing me back down to earth. His gaze was firmly focused on my lips, they felt dry. A fact I'd suddenly become more aware of.

Staying silent gave the answer.

"Measure her, and take her to the others." He muttered whilst pulling away, the familiar darkness now back.

"Yes Alpha." The guard replied coolly, loyalties clear.

The other members now dismissed.

After the quick invasion of personal space whilst my neck was measured, I was finally paraded through a sea of corruption to be united with the others who'd chosen to fight. Multiple howls and hisses assaulting my ears as their judging gazes criticised every inch of me.

Eric's eyes widened as he saw me, frowning at the all too familiar chains. After being pushed to the floor and given a bucket, which was apparently for if we needed to go the toilet, the guards began to leave. We'd been warned that they'd be stationed around the stage, not that you could really make a run for it whilst so heavily restrained.

"No funny business, or else you'll have more than this ceremony to deal with." The guard who'd pushed me warned the group as he was about to leave.

I chuckled.

"Do I seriously look like I give a shit? Maybe someone will leave you one in the bucket if you're lucky."

The guards eyes darkened, a couple of faints gasps reached my ears. Without saying another word, he abruptly stormed out.

I never thought that my prison would be underneath a stage. I snickered at the thought, finding light amusement from such a dark situation. We did have some privacy which was a surprise. Wooden panels dug deeply into the grass, a makeshift wall with a gap on either side which served as an entrance and exit.

We'd be left here until the Libertatem ceremony which wouldn't be until night fall. I guessed we had a couple of hours left at most.

Eric's smile was tight. He wasn't sure if to be shocked or to burst out in laughter.

"Aurora, what the..."

"Careful." The interruption was smooth.

"You don't know who's listening." I warned. Eric following my eyes as I gazed up to one of the corners, where a flimsy piece of metal from one of the microphones hung. Whoever had bugged the stage hadn't gone over their handy work, which made alerting Eric of the situation much easier.

We couldn't risk talking of things we wished to keep secret. We still had to protect the people of Ravaeyn, ensuring that they could still train.

"Are you alright?" He asked quietly, his voice barley above a whisper. Chains clanking as he shuffled closer to me.

"I'm ok." Swallowing down the slight nerves in my stomach my eyes gazed at the others here with us. They were fascinated by my late arrival.

"Please... Help me."

The soft plea was quick to capture our attention. It was the boy Eric had tried to calm.

Glued to the spot, terror sucking his breath. A cold wave embalmed him as visible droplets of sweat cascaded down his body. His frame collapsed, weakly leaning against one of the wooden panels. It was then I noticed the slow dropets of blood trickling down from his arm. He'd been cut.

Eric was quick to go to his aid. Kneeling next to him he inspected the wound.

"It's not too deep. Ideally it needs wrapping to help stop the bleeding and to prevent any infection."

Looking down at my dress I sighed, it was already a mess. Knowing that my mother had made it actually gave me a bit of comfort knowing I could use it to help someone else.

Ripping a section off one of the sleeves I chucked it to Eric.

"Use that, it was ruined anyway."

The boy hissed as Eric tightly wrapped the fabric around his wound, using it as a bandage to apply pressure to the area.

"Why are you down here?" I asked softly, he seemed too young to have a chance at winning. He couldn't have been over twelve or thirteen.

He sniffled quietly, tears threatening to fall.

"My parents." He chocked out. "They made me promise... If I was ever a mate... That I'd fight."

Solemn water drops now painted his cheeks.

"Your parents? Where are they?" Eric questioned.

"They're gone... they went to fight and never came back."

Instinctively my fingers mindlessly gripped the loops of the chains, a harden grasps as I tried to keep composed.

"Keep hope. It doesn't mean they're gone." I soothed.

Shakily, he looked up. Slowly he was able to compose himself.

"There's more..." he drew out a long breath. "I don't know how to fight. Or how to defend myself."

"Fuck." Eric muttered.

I ran a hand throw my hair, furrowing my eyebrows in thought.

"You've got two options." I sighed, not liking the truth. "You either have to change your mind and stop this or be prepared to get your arse kicked."

"You can't be serious." Eric retorted.

I sucked in a breath, "I know it's crap, but unless you've got any other suggestion."

"No, I guess I don't." Eric murmured, his eyes connecting with mine. "I could try and teach him some defense moves I know but you're right. In the time we have it wouldn't be enough, not against one of them."

The boys mouth pulled into a deep scowl.

"I'm not accepting her." His voice scathing.

"Never said you had to." The reply was smooth, "all I'm saying is you need to re think your strategy."

My eyes darted towards the microphone, I couldn't say much more. His gaze bore into me, heated, but laced with intrigue.

"What's your name?"

"Taylor." He replied almost instantly.

"Well, Taylor. Pick your battles carefully. Winning the fight doesn't have to be the only way out, there are other options." I hinted.

"Options?" His voice was low, tense.

"Think about it... They have the Godessy programme, the collars for a reason. If they could just make you accept your mate that easily none of that would be needed. You just need to wait for the right opportunity and then you'll know what to do." The reply was vague, the best I could do with the microphones present.

He nodded, seeming to somewhat understand.

"I get it, I do, but I still need to fight. I can't break my promise." He sighed.

"I understand." I nodded, "and I respect you for that. We'll teach you the best we can in the limited time we've got. If anything it should help you block some of the attacks."

"Sure. I'll teach you." Eric agreed.

It was expected that some of us would have some fighting skills, to some extent. It would be ridiculous of anyone to assume that not a single human knew how to fight, therefore passing some knowledge on. Plus, there probably was a suspicion about the training due to the recent battle. But without getting caught, the training was safe. Since many humans didn't fight, it didn't highlight the risk of being discovered too much. The training was and under my watch would continue to stay hidden. Nobody couldn't afford to slip up.

Training Taylor down here wouldn't be a problem. Considering people were down here to fight, practicing wouldn't draw attention.

The rattling of chains soon reverberates around the small space, silencing most of the other occupants in astonishment as Taylor practices with Eric. They are quick to engage in a numerous cycle of blocks and counter punches; Taylor seemed to be a quick learner.

The blue in Taylor's eyes dimmed slightly in frustration; he's stumbling on the occasional block and whilst he is able to mostly recover his stance, he knows Eric is going easy.

"Focus." My voice is firm. "The more you over think your movements the more mistakes you are going to make."

Regaining some concentration, the blocks start to get stronger.

"Good." Eric praises, his voice uncharacteristically strained, his chest movements a lot heavier than usual. The weight of the chains was obviously starting to bother him.

"Do you want me to take over?" I teased, trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm good, luci." He grins in reply, effortlessly ducking as Taylor's fights launch towards his chest.

My eyes shot up, "Don't get cocky, I can still kick your arse."

He chuckles humorlessly, "after all this is over, I'll take you up on that offer."

I scoffed, "sure. Buttercup."

Taylor's lips cracked into a light grin, it was nice to see his mood lifting.

Eric flips me off with his fingers, smirking as he blocks Taylor's next move.

"You love it really, the nickname. Otherwise you wouldn't let me keep-."

Stumbling back abruptly his eyes widened, before they glanced down to my foot; which was now casually showing off that it had broken his path.

"See buttercup, it's important not to get distracted."

Taylor looked ready to laugh his head off, his lips no longer twitched to smile; he'd been entranced into the moment.

"That... that was pretty funny, and so un-effortlessly sneaky". He declared, a full smile now beaming on his face. Previous tears now forgotten.

My eyebrows rose in amusement.

Eric sarcastically rolled his eyes, yet a playful stance still held his posture.

"I'm glad I didn't disappoint. Now, I think that's enough practicing. You both need to conserve your energy."

Shortly after we'd all be hulled up by guards, a rough escort. Moonlight travels through the night sky, tree branches dancing between the silhouettes formed by clouds. Stars poking through, nights rainbow.

Fire cackling, golden balls lightening up the fighting pit they'd set up. The space usually being used to store supplies, now lay empty. Benches surrounding the space, filled with disapproving werewolves. The humans were forced to stand behind, they weren't allowed to sit. Chains pounding a tranced beat as one by one we were pushed into a makeshift pen like animals. I was surprised they'd kept us all together.

It wasn't long until Dylan and the others arrived. Flutters tingled from my stomach as my eyes involuntarily gazed to his chiseled chest, glistening droplets of sweat ran down his muscles. His hair was messy, eyes full of determination; narrowly focused on his Beta as they engaged in what seemed a tense conversation.

All of the males in the pack were shirtless. Freshly painted black symbols covered their chests; a sign of respect to their moon goddess. Written in their sacred text so humans couldn't understand any of it. Pulling my eyes away the bond flashed through me, sighing, I pushed the feelings to the back of my mind.

"Dam." A voice groaned. "How do they always look so good?" One of the girls behind us seemed hypnotised, yet her voice stayed heavy. Her eyes focused on one in particular, it must have been her mate. The bond playing with her senses.

Feeling my face heat up, embarrassment consumed me as I cleared my throat.

I wouldn't let the bond win.

"Oh please." I roll my eyes, "I've seen much better."

"Like me you mean?" Eric teased.

"In your dreams." I scoffed.

"I mean for a human he's not that bad I-"

"You little..." Eric chuckled, cutting off Taylor's sentence.

"Come on guys, there are more important things going on right now." I tried.

"Says the person who was staring." Taylor teased.

"Was not!" I snapped, "well... at least not on purpose." The last part was a mutter.

"Sure... Tell your pulse that. I can feel your heart getting rather excited."

"When the heck did you-."

"I'm holding your wrist, luci. Trust me, I wasn't trying to feel it." Eric smirked effortlessly.

"You're both idiots." I replied dryly whilst quickly pulling my wrist back.

"But it looks like your stuck with us." Taylor grinned, "whatever happens, we've got each other's backs now."

As they climbed the steps to their seats Eric's eyes followed Sophia, swirling with a wave of emotion. The dim light from the moon fully illuminating her beauty. Her shoulders were composed, she looked more relaxed. The dark blue evening dress she'd changed into for the ceremony flared in the night air. Cock-tailed to enhance the lace which brushed against her mid thighs. Teal silk ribbon was wrapped around her waist, small dark blue gems complimenting the bow in the centre. In her hand she carried a navy blue collar, fingers wrapped around it protectively.

Shaking his head Eric looked away. I decided to remain silent.

Dylan pushed a chair out for her, elegantly she sat down as her eyes searched for Eric. Lips frowning as she saw him in the pen. Dylan leaned down to her, whispering something into her ear. She grasped the collar in her hand tighter.

The crowd settled as they all got seated, the same group of werewolves as before apart from the Gamma. I assumed he was somewhere with Sapphire in the crowd with the rest of them. I knew for a fact she wouldn't be able to cope on the stage. Instead, an older looking woman had taken his place.

She looks as radiant as the other, but her fiery red hair made her stand out.

Guards stood behind the humans, it was compulsory for everyone to attend.

"Welcome." The Beta stated firmly, silencing the crowd.

"We come together this evening to witness the Libertatem. Each fighter will be given one final chance to back out before being paired with one of our warriors. As per tradition their build will match whom they fight, but don't assume this will offer any advantage. Our pack is well skilled, trained, and each warrior has the blessing from the fighters mate to proceed if needed."

Stepping back he gestured to the new woman on the stage. Stepping forward she ignored all the humans watching, instead looking directly at all of us who huddled together in the pen.

"For those of you who don't know who I am my name is Zara and I run the Godessy Programme. Alpha Grey asked me to personally observe this ceremony, especially since a lot of high ranking mates have been found today. Rest assured, I look forward to working with all of you who have the pleasure of completing the programme..."

My ears droned out the rest of her speech, I really couldn't care less.

Once finished she stepped back, looking to the Alpha's father; the official Alpha of the pack currently. Until Dylan was fully mated with his Luna he would not take over unless the Elders permitted it. The Elders were a group of prior Alpha's and Luna's who had since passed on their titles. A pack needed both their Alpha and Luna to be their strongest.

"Sir, anyone you wish to go first?"

He smirked... Looking directly at me. Teasingly he played with a glittery light silver collar, gliding it between his fingers.

"Our future Luna of course."

Great... Just great....

"Aurora... that's your-" Eric stuttered in shock, he hadn't seen the events of our meeting since he'd been taken away after his encounter with Sophia.

"Ah yeah, I forget to tell you it was that arsehole." I chuckled. Growls at the disrespect as I'd spoken loudly enough for them to hear.

Annoying them was somewhat satisfying.

"Good luck." Eric whispered just before the guards roughly yanked on the chains which served as my cage.

The crowds of people part as I make my way to the centre. Dylan's fathers eyes firmly on me; his fists clenching. Zara's eyes suddenly landed with interest, if she ever got to "work" with me I'd probably be a prized project. The warrior who they had paired with me stood about five feet away, her confident smirk was irritating.

"I must warn you..." The warrior said with venom even though she was smiling. "I won't go easy on you."

I rolled my eyes. " I wouldn't expect anything less." I grinned as we stood opposite each other. "But you must admit, it's rude to fight someone without knowing their name."

The smile instantly left her face and was replaced with a heated glare. She didn't seem like the type for pleasantries.

"Harmony... A female warrior of this pack. Yours?"

"Aurora... Just your average looking human."

Facing my head towards her my arm caught hers; stopping the first blow to my face.

She had decided to strike first.

My parents had trained me for this, Eric assisting after their disappearance; today I wasn't letting any of them down. I'd win or go down with my last breath.

Taking advantage of the situation my fist slammed into her stomach, my knuckles cracking slightly. They were definitely stronger. The crowd going into a cheering frenzy, screaming and encouraging their warrior. Some respected the fight, but most wanted me to lose as they wanted me with their Alpha.

Harmony took a few steps back and placed a hand over the sore spot where I'd punched. She started to pace around me. She went in for another kick, but before she could do any damage I blocked her again, sending my own kick back.

Unexpectedly, her fist collided with my cheek, bruising the skin. Blood filled my mouth; triggering a sudden blinding pain, but I raised my arms up in time to block her next punch. We fell to the ground, arms and legs entangled, as her fists sunk once, twice, and then for a third punch into my stomach.

Wrapping my hands around her neck; my fingernails dug into her skin. I used my leverage to grab her head and slammed it into the ground. Watching as her eyes dilated.

She seemed to sway, dizzy. Finally in a position to retaliate well, I proceeded to punch her repeatedly. Her hands raised sluggishly, slick with blood, presumably from our tumble, she tried to grab my wrists. It was easy to swat them aside. Disorientated as she was, I pulled up, unwilling to continue beating an opponent who cannot fight back. As I crouched to stand, she lunged forward, tackling me backwards. Her breathing was rapid, and I cried out as her hands neared my neck.

"Let's finish this." Her voice teased.

She tightened her fingers around my throat, cutting off my air supply. I gulped and gasped for air, digging my fingernails into her wrists; trying to dislodge her.

"Give up... I'll let you go." She chuckled as another fist attacked my ribs.

Crack...

Grabbing a rock from the floor she pressed the edge against my stomach, slashing the skin. They weren't bothered about causing any injures or scars as once a turned human shifted for the first time they would heal. It wasn't cheating as it wasn't classed as a weapon, but it was a very dirty tactic.

They thought drawing blood might push a surrender, but the red droplets running down my side didn't phase me; I had a more pressing problem.

Feeling sluggish due to the lack of oxygen my mind pushed forward a memory which would give me the kick up the arse I needed.

"Sweetheart, no matter what happens as you grow up, you'll never give up. You're a warrior, our reason for being, our light. Aurora... we'll always be proud of you for whatever you do. Face each day with strength, courage, and do what you believe is right."

An early memory from my father.

Using my last bit of strength I brought my knee up hard into her stomach. She cringed, but continued her steely grip. I repeated the process once more, this time with more determination. Seeing my chance, I lunged forward and flipped us over. Her rib cracking like mine as her body unnaturally slammed down into the ground.

I didn't have too much time, she'd heal a lot quicker.

Taking a final chance I hit her again. Jerking my head back triumphantly as a cry escaped her lips. She let go of me then, her eyelids fluttered; but I could see the rapid rise and fall of her chest. My throat in agony; blood still draining from my mouth.

Her previous grasp had made my throat swell.

"Submit." I hissed at her, my hand squeezing on her neck harshly. If I wanted to win I couldn't let go, not yet. Her strength didn't matter if she couldn't breathe. You needed air to survive and removing that would automatically weaken her. It was ironic that her own attack on me was the one I was using to defeat her. My intention wasn't to kill her; just to make her stop fighting. She continued to struggle, her body thrashed underneath mine but not enough to hinder my hold. The pain from my stomach wound keeping me wide awake, offering a reminder of why I needed to stay strong.

She grunted; but no words came out.

"Do it, or I swear I will not let go." I threatened.

"I.... I...Submit." Harmony hissed through clenched teeth. The werewolves gasping in shock.

"She really is our Luna." A small boy shout out in awe.

"That...was amazing, awesome! Our Luna is a bad ass. Do you think I'll ever be able to fight like that one day?" An excited voice chimed in.

The adults muttered between themselves, not wanting to disrespect their Alpha.

I extended my hand to their warrior on the floor. She looked confused for a second, before taking my hand; allowing me to help her up.

"I'm impressed." She said unexpectedly, "But you're foolish. This pack will do whatever it takes to keep our Luna." Her words echoed a promise which I knew I'd soon be dealing with.

The Beta stood speechless, both Dylan and his father shaking furiously. His father slammed the collar onto the floor.

"She's won... She's actually won." Hazel gasped.

I stumbled back, the words not feeling real. Cheers erupted from the people of Ravaeyn, a brief moment of bravery before many snarls of warning from the guards silenced them back into obedience.

I'd done my parents proud, yet, it didn't feel real.

Pain vibrated through my chest, brain pounding, throat aching. A hazed blur covered my eyes as soft hands suddenly supported my waist.

"Woah... I'm here. Let's get you sat down and I'll take a look at your wounds." It was my uncle Scott. Hearing his voice I automatically relaxed and allowed him to guide me out of the fighting pit.

I was surprised he'd been able to approach. They must have dug into my family details whilst keeping me hostage under the stage.

Dylan was stuck on the stage, they had to carry on with the ceremony. Their pack doctor Lorenzo, his father and Zara seemed to be talking to him as his body still shook, canines prodding as he was holding his wolf back, a thin thread it seemed keeping him bay.

My pain spreading to him through the bond. His mate was hurt.

Good, he deserved to feel it.

His mother actually had tears rolling down her cheeks. Sophia looking pale, fearing that Eric could potentially win his fight.

"Here... Sit. I'll get you some water. Just keep focused and stay with me, alright?" Scott guided me softly down onto a spread of big soft pillows. The ceremony stated that they had to prepare an area for any victors to rest after the fight, it felt foreign to me that I was actually here.

Free...

I nodded, my heart still racing in my chest as adrenaline starting to very slowly leave my system. My hands tingled as they pressed against the softness of the fabric, a mixture of light cottons and silk. Breathing deeply as another wave of pain hit I became aware of the many stares looking in my direction.

Scott quickly sat in front of me, blocking my view. Before I had a chance to speak he'd pressed a bottle of cold water to my lips.

"Drink, you need to keep hydrated."

I complied, taking slow sips as the world started to become less hazy. Another girl was being dragged out of the pen and hulled to the pit. My fight seemed to scare her rather than offer any encouragement. People knew I wasn't exactly a beginner.

"Do you wish to withdraw?" The Beta questioned

The girl looked up shakily, the warriors eyes gleaming in anticipation.

"Yes, I wish to withdraw." She replied shakily.

The mood dropped, the guards removing the chains and escorting her to be collared by her mate.

In that moment it finally felt real.

I was really free.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 12.6K 72
The girl with no wolf. An extra mouth to feed. A liability. A defenseless miscreation. Seraphina had heard it all. She had felt it all too. The bon...
6.9K 266 36
Y/n is the best fight wolf of her pack. She is only 10 but is the best of them all. Her uncle, the alpha of her pack, is very strict but can be very...
13.2M 363K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
1.1M 42.2K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...