In an Alternate Reality II

By somedoodwriting1

This is a continuation of my first book "In an Alternate Reality-An Attack on Titan Fan-Fic". This book will... More

P:2 Ch:1
P:2 Ch:2
P:2 Ch:4
P:2 Ch:5
P:2 Ch:6
P:2 Ch:7
P:2 Ch:8
P:2 Ch:9
P:2 Ch:10
P:2 Ch:11
P:2 Ch:12

P:2 Ch:3

2K 51 5
By somedoodwriting1

"Connie, have you found any survivors?" Reiner asked running up to Connie with Bertholdt behind him.

"No... None...My home...it's gone...it's gone forever." Connie said as he began to cry. Reiner showed some sympathy and patted Connie's shoulder. The higher-up then came up to them.

"Hey! Something's wrong. Have you spotted any bodies?" the higher-up asked.

"No" Reiner simply said.

"No. Not yet." Bertholdt said.

"How is that even possible? Titans ransacked this place and there's not a speck of blood?" the higher-up stated curiously.

"They must have fled! The villagers I mean. They all escaped, and your family too!" the other higher-up stated.

"I see...That's gotta be it!" Connie said relieved.

"Yeah. It's the only logical explanation on why there's no trace of well...carnage." the other higher-up stated.

"Anyone not have a torch? Okay, let's move!" the higher-up said.

The higher-up then ran off with everyone else following behind. Everyone got on their horses and began to leave. Connie was about to leave when he heard the Titan that was on sitting on one of the houses talk to him.

"Welcome home." the Titan said.

Connie slowly turned around and looked at the Titan. He got caught in his train of thought and couldn't take his eyes off the Titan. Reiner then came and snapped him out of it, and they began to move to catch up with the rest of the squad.

*Time Skip*

Nanaba and her squad was scouting the area out. Heading toward the wall

"The closer we get to the wall, the less populated the area will be." a higher-up stated.

"That's good. It didn't take us very long. Alright, lets move to the south." Nanaba said.

"What's the point? Last I heard there aren't any villages to the south." Ymir stated.

"We've raised the alarm for everyone in the region. Now we pinpoint the breach. The idea is to ride along the walls to the west until we do." Nanaba stated.

"Seriously? You know Christa and I don't have our ODM gear, right? What are we supposed to do about Titans? The south will be crawling with them. If we can't defend ourselves, you ought to just serve us on a platter. Why not let the two of us withdraw from the front?" Ymir stated.

"Negative. When we find were they are coming in, we'll need someone to relay it to HQ. I know you're scared, but like it or not, that's part of the job" Nanaba stated.

"Ymir. I'm fine with putting my life on the line. After all, I'm the one who chose to join the Scouts. But it's not the same for you." Christa said.

"What, you think I signed up for all this crap because of you?" Ymir questioned.

"I mean, what other reason do you have for being here? You tried talking me into joining the Military Police 'till you were blue in the face. You bowed out so I'd be eligible. Don't try to deny it. I wasn't good enough to join the top 10 on my own. Ask anybody. When it comes to skill, you're the better soldier by far. I have no idea how you did it but...Why? Why do that for me? My family? That's it isn't?" Christa questioned.

"Sure. Why not." Ymir said.

Christa's eyes widened hearing that.

"Relax. Don't worry about it so much. Take my word for it, sweetie. I'm only looking out for number one." Ymir said.

"Really? That's such a relief." Christa said. Her eyes were closed and was smiling.

*Time Skip*

"I don't like this." Hannes said.

"Captain Hannes, sir, what's wrong." a soldier asked.

"Anyone else bothered that we haven't spotted a Titan yet? I think we would've spotted the breach by now. If the breach is nearby, then why is it so quiet? Hopefully, we can sneak in and out without stirring up a storm" Hannes stated.

*Time Skip*

It was nighttime. The south group was riding along the walls trying to find the breach. They were holding torches and were paranoid that they haven't seen or heard anything. As they traversed the night, they saw the light from a torch in front of them. As they got closer, they realized it was a squad.

"So, you followed the wall here too?" the higher-up stated.

"That's right. I assume you found the breach then?" Nanaba questioned.

"Huh?" Gelgar said confused.

"We didn't see any irregularities along the western route. Surely you must've seen something in thing in the east?" Nanaba questioned.

"No. The wall's perfectly intact." Gelgar stated.

"Well, maybe we just overlooked it." the higher-up from the south group stated.

"Not likely. A hole big enough for Titans to get through? No way." a higher-up from Nanaba's team said.

"I suggest we have another pass." Gelgar stated.

"That goes without saying. Trouble is that the horses are on the verge of collapse and so are we. If only we had more light" Nanaba said.

The clouds began to part, and moonlight shone. It was a full moon which brought plenty of light. In the distance, the groups saw an old castle ruin. They began to move toward the castle where they would rest until daylight. Once they got to the castle, they put the horses in the stables and went inside.

*Time Skip*

Hanji was staring at the crystal fragment.

"Hey four-eyes. Since when are you a geologist? Or are rocks just that fascinating? Looks like you're 'bout to drool." Levi said.

"What, this? It's not a rock. Not an ordinary one anyway. It's a hardened piece of skin left behind by the Female Titan." Hanji stated.

"Uh? It didn't vanish?" Armin asked.

"No. This fragment broke off from Annie when she reverted back into her human form. It didn't vanish. It didn't simply go "poof". So that got me thinking and when I compared it to a sliver of the wall, its texture and composition where virtually identical. In lamest terms, we're hemmed in by a barricade of enormous Titans. If my hypothesis is correct, the service was constructed by using consolidated Titan skin." Hanji explained.

"You're kidding me. That's what Armin was trying to say." Mikasa said.

Armin's body stiffened up and was about to speak but Hanji cut him off.

"Easy! It's rude to steal someone else's thunder. As it stands, we'd be hard pressed to find a rock big enough to plug Wall Rose. It would have to be the right shape and size. We don't have specifics just yet. But on the other hand, where there's a will, there's a way." Hanji said.

Eren looked down and thought for a second.

"Maybe, my Titan can use that ability." Eren plainly said.

"I was getting there! The ceiling should be composed of the same material. And the hardened bit shouldn't dissolve once you've transformed back. This might be less than a longshot than it sounds. Any thoughts?" Hanji questioned.

"I think it's well worth the risk. Assuming it does work, reclaiming Wall Rose is feasible. Up until now, we've had to transport a large quantity of materials and supplies. That's why the need for outposts past the wall limited our progress. But our supply wagons don't have to be accommodated we can make our way to Shinganshina much faster. What if we decided to carry out our plan in the dead of night? When the Titans are effectively motionless." Armin explained.

"That's not bad. In fact, it's genius! Particularly with a group small enough to slip by undetected. The straits we're in are as dire as they come, but there might be the teeniest bit of slack." Hanji said.

"Yeah. Keep in mind though, the whole plan hinges on whether or not Eren can seal the hole." Armin stated.

"It's probably unfair for me to even ask. But do you think you can?" Hanji asked.

Everyone in the cart looked at Eren. Eren was about to speak but Levi cut him off.

"What he thinks really isn't the issue. You either will or you won't. That's the reality. Our comrades are breaking their backs. But without you, it's nothing. Failure isn't an option." Levi stated.

"Yes, sir. I'll do whatever it takes to plug that hole...That's a promise." Eren said.

Eren pulled out his key from inside his shirt and looked at it. He then clenched his hand.

"We're here." Hanji said.

*Time Skip*

Everyone was in the Ehrmich District. Eren was with Hanji.

"Once we leave Ehrmich, we'll be in Titan territory." Hanji stated.

"Eren, well enough to ride a horse yet?" Moblit asked.

"Yeah, I should be fine." Eren said.

"Saddle up then, soldier. There's a mount waiting for you on the west lift." Moblit stated.

"Right." Eren said then walked toward Armin and Mikasa.

Levi and Pastor Nick walked up behind Hanji. Hanji looked at Pastor Nick's face, he looked desolate. Hanji had an argument with Nick and seemed to be cooperating.

"I'd offer my help if I could. But a duty as great as this one is beyond me. The Order of the Walls abides by the sacred veil our faith commands us to obey." Nick stated.

"Who's sacred will? You mean like God or something?" Hanji questioned.

"I can't answer that. But I can provide you with a name. An individual that the divine wisdom instructed us to monitor." Nick said.

"Monitor?" Hanji questioned.

"It's a person you know. Someone who enlisted into the Scout Regiment as of this year. A child by the name of-" Nick said but cut off.

"Important message. I'm with the 104th Cadet Corp. My name is Sasha Braus " Sasha said.

Sasha was ignored.

"You must find her with all haste. She is the key. She may know things we understand but poorly. And with that, I've come to the end to what I'm free to share. The rest I leave in your hands." Pastor Nick said.

"If she's in the 104th Cadet Corps, that means she's in the frontlines by now." Hanji said.

"Then, there's no time to lose." Eren said. He was about to turn around and run but felt someone behind him. He turned around and saw Sasha.

"Sasha?" Eren said.

"Just where did you come from all of the sudden?" Mikasa asked.

Sasha gasped, grabbed the letter, and approached Hanji.

"I was sent to give a message to Commander Erwin. Who then entrusted me to give this to you, Section Commander." Sasha explained and bowed.

"Oh, uh. Okay then. Excellent work." Hanji said then handed Sasha a potato.

"So, who was Nick talking about?" Hanji asked.

"She was the smallest one in our class. Golden hair, blue eyes? One person comes to mind." Eren said.

"The girl who's always hanging out with Ymir." Mikasa said.

"Excuse me?" Hanji asked shocked.

*Time Skip*

Nanaba's squad and Gelgar's squad was in the castle resting. When all the sudden Titans started to flood the surrounding area. Everyone was told to go to the watchtower. Once everyone was up top, they saw all the Titans. But one Titan stood out the most, it was 17-meter tall, covered in fur. It was none other than the Beast Titan. Reiner and Bertholdt got scared.

*Meanwhile*

"That's the plan. Got it?" Hanji questioned.

"Yes, clear." everyone said.

"Before everyone goes, I need you all to listen..." Levi said.

"We're going our separate ways. That's how it has to be. Erwin had his reasons to throw this squad together, but right now, this is all riding on you. Armin, you and Hanji are the brains for us. Use your combined knowledge to cook up a solution..." Levi stated.

"Right. Yes, sir." Armin said.

"Mikasa, you'll be with Jaeger. I don't think I'll ever get why your so attached to him but protect Eren at all cost." Levi stated.

"Yes, sir. I intended to." Mikasa said.

"And you...Put your skills to good use. Don't screw this up." Levi stated.

Eren nodded and his eyes began to glow. Everyone departed and went toward their horses. They had to act quickly. Things are only going to get worse.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.3K 767 25
(Smut) Manga spoilers How does the rest of the crew recover and live their lives after Eren's destruction on the world has scarred their lives. The s...
214K 6.4K 15
"Mommy did they live happily ever after?" !DISCLAIMER! I DONT OWN ANY CHARACTERS OR ATTACK ON TITAN, EXCEPT THE CHARACTERS I HAVE MADE AND THE PLOT
103K 2K 23
This story will follow the main continuity of Attack on Titan where the Curse of Ymir doesn't exist. This story will have plenty of changes from the...
9.3K 235 36
Bringing Eren Yeager back to life, Ymir connects him to Mikasa. Allowing them to feel each other's physical pains. Forced to run away from Erens cho...