Promises and Deals | The Mand...

By multi_fandom2015

Promises are made to be broken. Deals are made to be kept. [The Mandalorian Season 1-2] I do not own the Mand... More

.000
.001
.002
.003
.004
.005
.006
.007
.008
.009
.010
.012
.013
.014
.015
.016
.017
.018
.019
.020
.021
.022
.023
.024
.025
.026
.027
.028
.029
.030
.031
.032
.033
.034
.035
.036
Truth and Lies
Author's Note: Incoming Updates
.100
.101
.102
.103
.104
.105
.106
.107
.108
.109
.110
.111
.112
.113
.114
.115
.116
.117
.118
.119
.120
.121
.122
.123
.124
.125
.126
.127
.128
.129
.130
.131

.011

1.7K 58 6
By multi_fandom2015

Alora sighs as she looks over at the sleeping child. All three of their group are together in the cockpit with Mando piloting and the Child fast asleep, his soft snores the only sound.

Speaking had been an experience for Alora. She hadn't heard her own voice in years—she did not think she could speak after all this time. Maybe her voice had disappeared or something. But she had spoken. And she did not want to stop again.

"We should stop somewhere for food," she says suddenly, though Mando makes no indication of hearing her. "Our rations are running low, and the kid might like a new planet."

"Anywhere in particular?" Mando asks.

Getting to her feet, Alora presses a few buttons on the console to pull up their location. "Well, Ando is only a few parsecs away. Could be fun."

"It's just water," Mando replies.

"So? The kid'll learn how to swim." Mando tilts his helmet up to look at her. "What? At least I'm giving ideas."

He shakes his head before pressing more buttons. A transmission appears that makes Alora straighten her back, all expression washing away. The leader of the Guild, Greef Karga addresses them.

"My friend, if you are receiving this transmission that means you are alive. You might be surprised to hear this but I am alive too. I guess we can call it even. A lot has happened since we last saw each other. The man who hired you is still here, and his ranks of ex-Imperial guards have grown. They have imposed despotic rule over my city, which has impeded the livelihood of the Guild. We consider him an enemy but we cannot get close enough to take him out."

"Is he surprised? They're Imperial," Alora mutters, only getting a loud shush from Mando.

"If you would consider one last commission I will very much make it worth your while. You have been successful so far in staving off their hunters. But they will not stop until they have their prize. So here is my proposition: Return to Nevarro, bring the Child and girl as bait. I will arrange an exchange and provide loyal Guild members as protection. Once we get near the client, you kill him, and we both get what we want. If you succeed, you keep the Child and the girl, and I will have your name cleared with the Guild, for a man of honor should not be forced to live in exile. I await your arrival with optimism."

"It's a trap."

Mando does not respond as he looks back at the Child.

"You cannot seriously be considering this."

"Go back to not talking."

"No, you can't be serious." Alora walks around the chair to block his view. "He just said that Imps are crawling all over the place. You think he just called you out of the blue? As good as we are, even you and I don't stand a chance. Not in an Imperially-run former-Guild planet. It's a trap."

Mando's helmet tilts. "But if it's not, we don't have to run. Running is no life for a kid."

"Yeah, well, I spent my whole childhood hiding. Trust me, I get it." She places her hands on her hips before glancing back at the Child. "He deserves better than this, but at what cost?"

Mando stays silent for a long while before turning back to the front and jumping into hyperdrive. Before Alora can snap at him, he says, "How about Sorgan? Nice place to get some food, don't you think?"

Alora clenches her jaw. "Nice try. Still a trap."

"But we might stand a chance."

Well, she can't argue with that. Instead, Alora climbs down to her sleeping quarters and moves the mattress to stare at the hidden compartment. It had been a while since she had to deal with Imps. Only one weapon really sends them running; the only problem is that she doesn't know if she can wield it again.

Despite her fears, she opens the compartment and hides the cool metal hilts in her clothes as the ship rocks forward, falling out of hyperdrive. With the extra weight added to her belt, Alora sighs in content. It feels right after so long.

It does not take long to find Cara Dune once they land. Alora can't help the smile on her face when she sees the ex-shock-trooper in a tethered boxing match with a Zabrak. Only one way to win, and Cara definitely knows it: use his strength against him. When she wins, Alora claps loudly, looking down at the Child standing beside her before she nudges Mando, urging him to do the same. He shakes his head, but Alora couldn't be happier.

As Cara collects her winnings, Alora takes a step forward. "Nice performance, Dune." Cara turns with a frown on her face before her eyes land on the trio. She quirks a brow at their presence as Alora asks, "Looking for some work?"

A smile spreads over Cara's face. "Well, well, well. Look who's talking. Never thought I'd hear that voice of yours."

"You can hear it as we explain," Mando says from behind.

Alora rolls her eyes. "Such a buzzkill." She wraps her arm around Cara's muscular shoulders and leads them all to an empty table.

"So, do you have a name?" Cara asks as they order some food and spotchka.

"Tiri."

Cara frowns. "I don't know any generals by that name."

Scoffing, Mando leans in. "Yeah, she refuses to tell me her actual name."

"It's safer this way," Alora says. "Trust me."

Mando takes over explaining the situation while Alora tries to feed the grouchy Child. He continuously bats her hand away with a stubborn frown on his lips. Eventually, Alora gives up in favor of her own spotchka.

"It seems like a straightforward operation," Mando says. "They're providing the plan and firepower, I'm the snare."

"With the kid?" Cara asks.

"That's why I'm coming to you."

"Actually, you're here because I said it was a trap, and you refuse to accept it," Alora adds with a click of her tongue.

Cara chuckles. "I don't know. I've been advised to lay low. If anybody runs my chain code, I'll rot in a cell for the rest of my life."

Alora frowns. "But you're a veteran."

As the beaten Zabrak drops a few coins on the table, Cara says, "Come back soon." She waits until he's gone before turning back to Alora. "I've been a lot of things since, most of them carry a life sentence. If I so much as book passage on a ship registered to the New Republic, I'm—"

"I have a ship," Mando says. "I can bring you there and back with a handsome reward. You can live free of worry."

"I'm already free of worry. And I'm not in the mood to play soldier anymore. Especially fighting some local warlord."

Alora lets out a sarcastic chuckle as she leans forward on her forearms. "Did Mando forget to mention? It's not some local warlord." The smile drops from her face. "He's Imperial."

Cara's expression shifts. "I'm in."

✦✧✦✧✦

We are almost done with season 1! Season 2 will be in this book, so don't worry!

Hope you enjoyed!

-L

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.6K 1.2K 22
din djarin x reader COMPLETED ---------- you're a force-sensitive doctor who offers aid to remote villages on planets unheard of. one day, you encoun...
25.7K 554 27
Kaira Satri [Kay-Rah Sah-tree] is Luke Skywalker's apprentice. One day her master tells her that they have to go find a force-sensitive youngling who...
51.6K 1.8K 14
After many years, you decided to leave the guild. Too much reminded you of him. So to get rid of him you rid yourself of your livelyhood. But you kn...
105K 2.2K 31
"i didn't ask for a new padawan. this has gotta be some mistake" "well, master yoda doesn't usually make mistakes so i'm pretty sure it's true." in...