Falling For The DA

By MrLostSoul

ADA Rafael Barba never was one for falling in love but what happens when he meets detective Olivia Benson, bu... More

prolog
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 3

2.5K 66 10
By MrLostSoul

Chapter 3

Rafael Barba Point Of View

Once we were in front of Olivia's apartment I couldn't stand the thought that she would be leaving me alone. I wanted to be with her longer.

'Come on Barba, keep your head in the game,' I thought as I looked over at Olivia.

"Are you up for doing something?" I blurred out.

'What the hell are you doing Barba?'

Olivia looked over at me with a surprised look on her face.

"It depends on what we're doing," she beamed as her beautiful eyes locked with mine.

"How about lunch?" I asked with a slight hope that she wouldn't turn me done.

"Don't you think it a little too early for lunch?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"It's never too early for lunch," I said with a small smile.

"Well...alright," she said with a laugh.

"Well, I still have to get ready. Do you want to come up?" I tried to conceal how happy I was that she actually said she'll go.

"Sure," I said as I stopped the engine while the both of us get out of the my car.

'I'm going in Olivia's apartment!' I sang in my head as we made our way up to her place.

"Make yourself comfortable, I'll be out in a few," she said as she opened the door, tossing her keys on the kitchen counter.

She dragged her hand across the wall then the light turned on. She turned around with a small smile which made my heart melt. She quickly turned on her heels, making her way, to what I assume, was her room.

I slowly looked around her apartment. It looked normal. I awkwardly walked into the living room, sitting down on the sofa.

'So this is what Olivia Benson's place looks like,' I thought as I scanned the room again, 'interesting.'

-

It's been almost a hour, but it felt longer. I was feeling way to awkward for my liking just knowing that she was probably naked in the next room.

'God I bet she looks even sexier,' I quickly slapped myself across my face.

'No! Bad Barba. You're not supposed to be thinking like this!' I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a door open.

I turned around to the source of the sound. There stood a very sexy Olivia Benson. Even though she was only wearing a simple pair of jeans and a shirt, she still manged to make me breathless.

Her hair swept up and curled around her shoulder. Pieces fell down naturally across her face. I had to resist the urge to push them away from her gorgeous face.

She had a jacket over her arm, while the other one was running down the length of her body, straightening any wrinkles.

'I have to control myself or I might do something I'll regret.'

"Wow," I breath out.

'To late. God, I hope she didn't hear me.'

"What was that?" She asked.

"Um...nothing. Let's get going," I said hesitating. I quickly stood up from the couch making my way over to the door.

"Okay," she said with a giggle.

'That giggle could make any man wild, especially me,' I gave small shake of the head. What was going on with me lately?

"Shall we?" I asked, taking her coat.

She gave me a surprised look, but before she could say a word I extended my arm out. She linked her arm with mine. We were so close I could smell her perfume. It was bringing me over the edge. If I don't control myself, I might not be able to stop myself from trying to kiss her. That's saying even if I got a slim chance, which is highly unlikely.

-

'I'm really craving Italian food now,' I thought as I pulled up to a little Italian restaurant.

"I love this place!" Olivia squealed, looking at me with a smile.

I swear my heart skipped a beat.

I gave her a smile as I got out of the car. I quickly made my way over to the side so I could open the door for her. Might as well show the lady I had some manners.I held out my hand hoping that she would take it, and to my surprise, she did. She got out of the car grabbing onto my arm as we both made our way inside the restaurant.

The restaurant was old fashion, but still nice. It really shouted Italy. I think that's what I love most about it, after the amazing food of course.

We sat a table that was near far corner of the restaurant. I love the corner seats, they give the most privacy. We both ordered our food, and I was surprised when she ordered the same thing as me.

'Benson you have amazing taste,' I thought as I looked at her.

She was taking a drink of her wine. She looked stunning as she swirled around her drink.

Before I could register what was about to happen. Olivia leaned slightly on the table placing her hand on top of mine. I swear I felt electricity. I couldn't help, but let a smile escape my lips.

"Thank you Rafael. This," she gestured around with her hand, "is lovely."

"No problem," I didn't want her to move her hand.

I wanted her hand to stay longer. I wanted her touch. No, I needed her touch.

"Are you smiling Rafael? Do you actually have feelings? I'm shock," she said placing her hand over her chest with a shocked face. I didn't realize that I was still smiling. I quickly put a blank look on.

"No I'm not. I don't know what you're talking about," I said smiling again.

"You know, I can't remember the last time I actually had a good time," she looked at me knowingly.

"I know the feeling all too well," she replied with a half-hearted smile as our food arrived.

"It looks delicious!" Olivia stated as she started to dig into her food.

I looked at her for a while in a daze.

'She truly is amazing,' I quickly snapped out of my daze, looking down at my plate of untouched food.

Throughout the time we were eating me and Olivia would have arguments about little things. These conversations helped me forget that she was a detective and I was a DA. It was fun just sitting and talking like every other person in the world, but I knew it wouldn't last that long.

Soon the day would end and I'll have to be left alone again.

'Olivia please never leave me,' I begged in my thoughts as she gave me a smiled.

'I think I'm falling for you.' I can't believe I just admitted that to myself.

"Rafael?" Olivia asked, placing her hand on top of mine. I quickly came out of my thoughts and back into reality.

"Yeah?" I asked looking at her beautiful face.

"I had a lovely time. Thank you," she smiled at me. That smile was a smile that would melt my heart away.

'Rafael your in to deep. Stop before sometime happens.'

"Me too...we should do it again," I said giving her a half-hearted smile.

'Olivia Benson, you will be the death of me.'

'I'd like that," she said, leaving her hand on mine for awhile before removing it. I swear I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest.

"It's getting late. Shall we go?" I asked hoping she would say yes. It was getting a bit hot just sitting inside this restaurant.

"I think that would be a good idea," I gave her a smile as we both got up. I grabbed my coat putting it on. Olivia did the same.

"Okay, ready?" She asked with a smile.

I gave her a nod and we both made our way out of the restaurant, our arms linking together.

We both didn't feel like going back to the car or going to anywhere else, so we both decided to just walk around for a bit. It was nice outside. Not too cold nor too hot it was just....perfect.

"Can we sit down? I want to see the sun go down. With work and all I never have the time," I looked over at Olivia with a surprised look on my face.

I didn't really guess that Olivia would be that type of person who watches the sun down. It was interesting learning a new thing about her.

"Why do you have a surprised look on your face?"

"I've never placed you as the type of person who would watch the sunset go down just because," I said truthfully.

'Please don't take it the wrong way,' I thought when she didn't reply. I hid my fingers from view while crossing them behind my back.

"Well I'm full of surprises."

It was relief to know that she didn't take it the wrong way.

"Let's sit there," before I could register what was happening, Olivia started pulling me towards a small bench. She yanked on my arm while sitting down. I quickly sat down next to her.

We both sat in silence. The silence was killing me and being so close to her did the same as well. How am I going to make it through the sunset without doing anything I might regret?

'You'll have to hold yourself together Barba. That's what you will do,' I think I'm going crazy. I'm talking to myself again.

I didn't want to look over at Olivia because I was scared I would do something bad. I didn't trust myself enough yet. I couldn't take it any longer. Not looking at her was basically poison for me on inside, even though I was fighting it off.

I slowly turned my head towards her as the sun was about to set. Her hair was flowing back because of the wind and the lighting of the sun was glowing on her face. She looked more beautiful then I could ever imagine possible. I just want to bring her closer, and hold her tight.

"You know, I miss just sitting down and feeling this relaxed," she said, bringing me out of my own mind.

She turned her head over to me our eyes interlocking. Her chocolate brown eyes were so amazing. I wouldn't mind looking into them forever. If only I can.

I found myself slowly leaning toward her, our body's inching together slowly. It felt as if I wasn't in control of my own body, as if someone else was controlling.

Our lips met.

At first I didn't know either to back away or continue, but Olivia answered the question for me. She wrapped her arms around my shoulders bringing our body's closer together. Our lips moving in sync. It was breath taking, literally. I didn't want this moment to ever end.

We both parted when our phones buzzed. I gave a low groan taking out my phone from my pocket reading a message from the squad.

"Duty calls," Olivia said in a low whisper. I could feel her breath on my skin we were both still so close.

"Well, I guess we're both going to the same place. I got a message too," I said, never losing our eye contact.

"Yeah," she said as we both began to inch closer together again.

'No Barba. Stop it before you go too far. You have to go remember you still have a job WITH OLIVIA. You can't just go around kissing.'

"Yeah, well I think it be best that we go. Don't want to keep the troops waiting," I said jokingly, backing slowly away from her.

"I think your right," she agreed with a semi-smile as we both moved apart from each other.

I felt as if my heart was torn because me.

'Why didn't I kiss her the second time. Just why!'

We both got off of the bench, walking in silence back to where the car was parked. It was to silent for my taste, but I knew I couldn't say a word because I knew I would say something stupid. I really only needed to be near her. That's was good enough for me.

I slowly moved my hand over towards Olivia's.

'Come on Barba! Grow some balls just do it.'

My hand connected with Olivia's. I was waiting to get punched in the face, but it never came. She interlocked our fingers together, squeezing my hand tightly.

Olivia Benson, I think I'm falling for you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 336 26
Olivia Benson can't get something that Rafael Barba said out of her mind. This story is finished, it is the first story in a series. The 2nd part of...
2.8K 208 13
What happens when a criminal and a police officer.. fall in love?
33.8K 711 25
Olivia Benson had never been one to be lucky in love; that is until 'he' came along. It had been a little over a year with the new ADA, Peter Stone...
10.8K 511 27
It started as an agreement. She'd pretend to be his girlfriend so he wouldn't be pressured to date when he didn't want to. But what if it turns into...