For Honor: True Darkness

Av Hey_Mor_Mofongo2018

The story of a Warden. A Warden who tried to live his life the best he could. Memories of his childhood still... Mer

Prologue
Part 1: Darkness Aproaches
Part 2: Life & Death
Part 4: Feelings of Vengance
Part 5: The Young Wolf
Part 6: Nothing but Lies
Part 7: Shadows
Part 8: Darkness Falls
Part 9: Dark Power
Part 10: Salvation
Part 11: Love & Heartbreak
Part 12: Ignis pluvia
Part 13: Acceptance
-Armor & Character Info-
Part 14: A Flicker of Light
Part 15: Decision [Ending Rewritten]
Part 16: The Purpose
Part 17: An Heir
Finale, Pt. 1: Rising Armies
Finale, Pt. 2: Storm of Steel
Finale, Pt. 3: A Girl, A Man, A Mother
Finale, Final Part: The Heir of War

Part 3: The Fate of Many

2.2K 42 18
Av Hey_Mor_Mofongo2018

The five warriors walked slowly in the night. The horse and wagon followed slowly behind. The journey was mostly quiet. The occasional cough breaking the silence. The leader of the Black Priors began to enjoy the silence a little less and spoke to the white and bronze warden.

???: "Who are you? I don't know your name"

The Warden was surprised she spoke to him but answered her question with no hesitation.

"I am who I look like. I'm a Warden. My name shouldn't concern you"

The Black Prior was annoyed by his answer and got closer to the warden. By now the whole group was at a complete stop.

???: "How will I be able to help you or ask for help on the battlefield if I don't know your name?"

The Warden stayed silent for a few seconds before sighing in defeat. The woman grinned and listened for his answer.

"I am Jürgen . Son of Anne and Hans Müller. Does this answer suffice?"

(Jürgen. YAH-RGeh-N)

The woman knew this was the best answer she would get and nodded.

???: "Keep moving!"

The group gathered themselves and pushed through the night to the Blackstone fortress. No one spoke again for the rest of the walk.

***

Though the fortress wasn't far the group made a camp and places to sleep. The five sat around the newly made fire for warmth.

Black Prior 1: "The amount of white you're wearing is making me sick"

"What?"

Black Prior 2: "He's right you look absolutely disgusting"

"I hate you all"

Black Prior 2: "And we hate you. looks like we have something in common"

More silence followed. The leader looked to Jürgen and asked a question.

???: "Why do you hate us Jürgen?"

"You call yourselves knights. But you are the complete opposite of what makes a Knight"

???: "Well enlighten us on what makes a Knight"

"Being brave. Defending the young and weak. Especially women who cannot defend themselves. Also being generous and being willing to help others in need. The basics of chivalry really"

Black Prior 1: "Sounds gross"

"But like I said. You are not knights. You are monsters"

In the distance, on top of a hill, stood a black figure. She stood observing the group of five. Her attention was caught by the Warden who obviously didn't belong with them.

"Why is a Warden like you affiliating yourself with Black Priors?"

The woman's horse stood at her side and ate the fallen leaves and dying grass off the ground. The figure mounted their horse and pulled the reins back to lift the horses head upward.

"I'll find out who you are, Warden"

Black Prior 2: "Is there anything to eat?"

Black Prior 1: "We have food in the wagon"

"I'm getting something fresh to eat"

Black Prior 1: "I said we have food in the wagon. Did you not hear me?"

"I did, but I don't want to eat stale bread"

Black Prior 2: "So where are you going?"

"I'm going to kill something then cook it over the fire"

Black Prior 2: "I'll come with you"

"No you won't"

Black Prior 2: "Yes I am"

I squeezed the hilt of my sword tightly.

Black Prior 2: "I shouldn't actually, weird shit happens in the dark"

Black Prior 3: "Bitch!"

Black Prior 2: "Hey!"

???: "Shut it you morons! I don't know how Vortiger can stand you idiots! Now I remember why I don't stay around the troops anymore. I can't believe I command idiots like you!"

Black Prior 1: "Ouch..."

"See you four in an hour"

I left the group and went into the darkness of the forest. As I was walking I could hear animals shuffle in the dark. Most of them returning to their homes to avoid the predators.

Continuing on my search for food I came across a small clearing in the forest. In the clearing was a very old home. No light was inside and the chimney was vacant.

I was cautious when entering the home. When I pushed open the door it came off its hinges. The door leaned forward and landed on the ground with a loud thud. I entered the home and stood in the middle of the living space.

I noticed dusty paintings hanging on the walls and dead plants in pots on a small table. The moonlight shined through the broken roof of the home, giving me some light to see in the darkness. As I continued through the home I found the master bedroom. The large bed was molded and covered in dust and moss.

I looked to my right and saw a large hole in the wall.

"Interesting"

I walked up to the hole in the wall and looked into it. I could see a small staircase lead into a secret room. My curiosity consumed me and I moved a short distance away from the hole. I got myself ready to break open the hole. I used all the strength I had and shoulder bashed the wall which broke it open completely so I could enter the room.

I quickly wiped myself off and slowly descended down the staircase. Once I got to the bottom of the stairs the room was lit with a pair of torches to my right and left. In the back of the room, in the center of a wall, was a small black box with chains and locks covering it. The box was sitting on a black pedestal.

"What the hell is this place?"

I took my sword and held a steady right guard. As I move closer to the box I could hear very faint whispering. I shook my head thinking I was just hearing things and continued to move towards the box. Once I got close enough to the box the whispers became louder.

???: "Break the chains, summon the key!"

"What the hell"

I pushed the box to the ground, removed my helmet and covered my ears. The whispers became louder and louder until they sounded more like a chant.

"What is happening!?"

Soon everything became quiet and the voices disappeared. I removed my hands from my ears and looked into the direction I pushed the box in. But when I looked to the ground it was gone. I looked up to where it was originally on the pedestal and there it was, like I never touched it.

When I put my helmet back on and stood up I felt an urge to touch it. The urge was strong, VERY strong. Without much resistance my body moved to the box.

???: "Break the chains, summon the key!"

I picked up the box which was surprisingly light and looped the chain into my belt. Just as I made the final loop the voices stopped. Once I regained my composure I ran up the staircase I came in from and left the home without observing anything else. I just needed to leave this god forsaken place.

I continued to run into the direction of the camp. My lungs began to burn and my sides began to hurt until my legs finally gave out. I hit the ground hard. I tried to lift myself up but I couldn't. My head hurt and my body felt weak. I felt around the top of my helmet and felt a dent in it. I could see stars floating in my vision. I rested my head in the dead grass and dirt.I closed my eyes and laid still.

***

A warm feeling covered my back and the back of my legs. Birds chirped and the wind blew. I opened my eyes and lifted my head. The bright sun beamed through the forest canopy and onto my body, leaving me warm and comfortable. I stood up and shook my head. I looked down to my right and saw the box from last night still chained to my belt. Just as the memories of last night came I could hear voices in the distance.

???: "Do you see him!"

???: "No! Any luck over there!"

???: "No!"

I recognize the voices. They were the Black Priors. I followed their voices and saw the leader of the four looking around. She noticed me once I got closer to her and she sighed in relief.

???: "I thought you fled"

"I told you I was looking for food"

???: "Well you're here now"

She got close enough to me to where I could feel her breath on my chest. The woman took her sword and put the tip of it through the bottom of my helmet and placed the sharp tip onto my throat.

???: "If you run you know what I'll do. I won't hesitate either"

I rubbed the back of my neck and felt something odd. The woman must have noticed too because she looked surprised.

???: "Interesting"

"What?"

???: "I didn't know you had green eyes"

"Wait what?"

I knew something didn't feel right! I don't have my damn helmet!

I ran back to where I was laying. When I returned to the spot my helmet wasn't there.

"DAMNIT!"

I kicked the dirt and ran my hands through my hair.

"That helmet was my fathers! Damnit how did it just disappear!?"

I saw the four Black Priors arrive and stand behind me.

Black Prior 1: "Relax it's just a helmet. You can replace it anytime you want"

"You're right I can replace it. But a new one will never have the value that one had"

Black Prior 2: "Let me guess, someone gave it to you?"

I nodded my head.

???: "Enough. It's just a damn helmet and you just said you can replace it. Besides, Apollyon is expecting us to arrive today. With you disappearing and us try using to find you we've been set back at least an hour. We need to leave now"

The three Black Priors ran back to camp and the wagon. Their leader came up to me and spoke. I was still looking at the dirt, wondering where my helmet went.

???: "Come on. No use in crying over spilled milk"

I nodded and followed the woman back to camp. When we both arrived back at camp the other three already packed everything up and had the wagon ready.

(Six Hours Ago)

A short distance away was the black figure again. She noticed the sound of running and metal clanking off in the forest from the path she was taking to return home. She dismounted her horse and followed the sounds, curious on who or what could be making the ruckus. As she got closer a loud clank echoed through the forest along with a groan. As the figure followed the sounds of someone groaning in pain she saw someone laying face first in the dirt twenty feet away.

Their helmet was off. As she got closer the woman noticed the helmet looked familiar. She picked the helmet up and saw small initials on the inside of the helmet, on the right side where the wearers cheek would be. She then noticed the person was the white and bronze Warden she had seen earlier. He was unconscious by now.

The figure realized it was the same helmet someone she had once loved wore. The Initials inside the helmet were H.M.

"W-Where did you get this?"

The man in the dirt did not respond, making the figure ask more questions but to herself. She knew the person who wore it before was long dead. She saw and buried his body along ago. But then a thought crossed her mind. Only for a second.

"Could it be... little Jürgen?"

Before the woman could do anything else a familiar voice spoke to her from behind.

???: "Thank goodness I've found you! Your parents sent me to find you, they were worried you had been attacked"

The woman still looked at the man in the dirt, not speaking to the person behind her.

???: "Hello? Are you alright?"

The woman snapped out of her thoughts and looked to the person behind her.

???: "Miss Sarah, are you okay?"

"Yes... perfectly fine Alex"

Alex: "Good. We need to return home quickly your parents are very much worried about your well-being"

Sarah turned back to the man in the dirt.

"I pray I'm right about who you are"

She turned to Alex and followed him to their horses. Sarah put the wardens helmet in a satchel that hung off of the side of her horses saddle. They both rode to the place Sarah had called home. It was a large home with three floors. The family she was with were very wealthy.

Once they arrived to the house Alex took the horses to the stables and Sarah went inside of the house and took off her helmet, keeping it to her side in one hand.

???: "Oh my dear you're okay!"

The middle aged woman went to Sarah and hugged her.

"Yes mother I'm fine"

The woman released her death grip and called for her husband.

???: "Arthur, Sarah is here!"

Arthur: "I'm coming!"

A large man with a freshly shaven beard came down the main staircase.

Arthur: "My goodness it's been so long"

Arthur went to Sarah and hugged her tightly.

"Hello father"

Arthur: "Look at you. You're Such a strong woman now. You remind me of Mary when we first met"

Mary: "Come now, you must be hungry. It's late but I can cook something up"

Sarah Nodded and followed her father into the large dining room. The servants were in bed by this time and Mary didn't want to wake any of them up. Yes they had servants, but Arthur and Mary treated them like family.

Alex: "Miss Sarah. Could please go to your room and remove your armor so I can clean it? I left fresh clothes on your bed"

"Thank you, Alex"

Sarah scaled the main staircase and down a hallway to her room. She opened the door and entered the room. Most of her belongings looked like they weren't touched ever since she had left. Obviously chairs and other furniture where moved slightly for cleaning purposes.

"Alex!"

Fast steps could be heard in the hallway outside as Alex opened the door.

Alex: "Yes Miss Sarah?"

"There should be a helmet in one of the satchels on my saddle. Can you get it for me?"

Alex: "Right away"

Alex left the room and down the staircase. He left the house and went to the stables. Alex entered the stable where Sarah's horse was kept and went to the saddle that was hanging on the wall. He opened the satchel and removed the helmet from it.

Alex: "Can you even see in this thing?"

He observed the bronze helmet and saw the deeply made dent.

Alex: "Good lord. Whoever wore this has got to be dead"

(Present)

The group of five were making good time while on their journey to the Blackstone fortress. The three unnamed Black Priors sat in the wagon and had plenty of conversations with one another. But whenever they tried to include Jürgen he would just ignore them. The female leader was walking on the left side of the wagon while Jürgen walked on the right side of it. She observed the Warden. He was hiding something. She wanted to know what.

Nearly two hours passed and the fortress came into view. By this time noon had come and villagers were seen coming in and out of the fortress. Two tall guards with black and orange armor stood outside of the main gate, wielding poleaxes.

???: "Here we are. You three take the wagon inside and take out the supplies in the supply depot. You come with me, I have to show you to my superiors"

The Black Priors nodded and began to do their task. Jürgen followed the woman inside of the fortress. In the courtyard villagers set up small shops that sold food. Tomatoes, apples, carrots and cocked chicken and beef were being sold. The freshly cooked meat made Jürgen's mouth water but he fought off the urge to eat and continued to follow the vile woman who had taken him to this place. 

Jürgen looked to his side and saw the small black box from last night. He remembered what the voices had said to him in the house.

Break the chains. Summon the key. What did they mean summon the key? Breaking the chains is an easy task abut summoning the key? They should have elaborated on it.

???: "Warden!"

"Wha- huh?"

???: "Follow me inside. But leave the talking to me"

"Go ahead"

The woman opened the door and led me inside. In the middle of the room was a map of Ashfeld and Valkenheim. Standing in front of an obsidian black throne was a large Black Prior talking to someone.

???: " Vortiger, I've returned"

The large man turned to us and grinned.

Vortiger: "Erzebet! Welcome back"

He turned his head to me and raised an eyebrow.

Vortiger: "Who are you?"

-To be continued-

HELLO THERE. Yes it is I, the author of this story. I've read every single comment that has been left behind on the other chapters and thank you for the feedback. I'm glad to have finally made a stable For Honor story. Again thank you for the votes and comments. Oh and before I forget here is Sarah's armor.

Metal: Iron
Armor: Omodamos Alternate (Full Set)
Embossings: None
Ornament: None
Color: Bleeding (Black & Dark Red)

Sword-

Weapon set: Iphito

Also. These are the Wardens my friends and I have outfitted. We can't decide which one is better so it's up to you guys to decide. The first one is mine. They will be numbered one through three. Whatever one wins will be put into the story so It would be appreciated if you vote!

1. ——— Believer's Vanguard

Folville Helm
Gabrielle's Zenith Chest / Legs
Gabrielle's Zenith Arms
Howard Blade
Galford Hilt
Howard Gaurd
Color- Dry Blood
Paint Patterns- Crenelation (Standards) Cross (Back)
Daubeny's Shame Ornament
Embossings: Paisley 1 (Standards)

2. ——— Mors Successore

Lord of the Manor Helm
Fendrel Chest / Arms
Folville Arms
Egeking Blade
Egeking Hilt
Death's Glare Guard
Color- Bleeding (Back & Standards)
Paint pattern- Scribbles 3 (Back & Standards)
Ridged Ornament 
Embossings- None

3. ——— Fleur-de-lis

Lederic Helm
Lionheart Chest / Legs
Lionheart Arms
Winged Victory Blade
Winged Victory Hilt
Winged Victory Guard
Color- Horizon (Back, Shoulders, Standards)
Symbol- Fleur de Lys (Back Only)
Daubeny's Shame Ornament

-Place your votes here. Whatever one wins will be put into the story!-

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

84.7K 1.2K 10
Apollyon, warlord of the Blackstone Legion. She began her campaign to find out those who were strong, who were the wolves amongst the regions inside...
38.1K 1.7K 28
When one of the most powerful and feared cursed spirits possesses a young boy, the world seems to be on the verge of collapse. However, everything is...
2K 123 7
𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑼𝑵𝑨𝑻𝑬 enough to be given a second chance at life, but unfortunate enough to be given a second life in a dangerous world. Now, as Y/n fi...
6.2K 126 8
A lone spartan soldier is happened upon by Apollyon's Blackstones, hungry for revenge against the Vikings who slaughter his group he joins them.