𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏�...

By Tavisshid

Katherine Forsythe has had a difficult life. Being abused for almost her whole life by her mother and her ste... More

Intro and Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Character Update
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
!Questions!
Chapter 22
!Answers!
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
ℂ𝕒𝕤𝕥
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Goodbye
Announcement
Bonus Chapter
New Book!!

Chapter 16

32.4K 783 235
By Tavisshid

(Song on next slide)

Katherine's POV

"What the fuck?"

My first thought when I woke up in an unfamiliar bed. I had a pounding headache and I could already tell that I must be looking horrible with the smudged up make up. There was no one in bed with me when I woke up. Honestly it was pretty strange that I was not at home or some motel.

I have done some pretty fucked up things when I'm drunk or high but I have never hooked up with someone, so I honestly can't figure out what happened last night. As I look down, I'm in a hoodie and sweatpants which I'm a hundred percent sure belong to a guy.

Deciding that I really needed to figure out what happened last night, I got out of the bed, tiptoed my way out of the room. The hallway to this house was huge, and looked pretty extravagant, the person must be really rich.

I was trying to be as quite as I could but alas, froze in the stop when I heard someone clear their throat from behind me. I turned around agonisingly slow and came face to face with a blond boy around my age.

Now I know that I didn't do anything with him, cause well I'm not that into blonds. The guy in front of me was tall, wearing a plain hoodie and jeans, with dirty blond hair. He himself was really good looking just not my type. What was weird about him was that he had the most biggest and goofiest grin on his face, looking directly at me.

"Hi?" I said cautiously. "Hello." He replied still with the same expression. How do I ask him, where I am without sounding crazy? "So.... um. Where- where am I?"

"Oh well you're at our house. And I'll save you the trouble, you weren't with me last night. I mean no offence you're smoking hot but I'm not really into girls. And judging by your face I'm guessing you don't remember who you were with last night."

My face almost turned red as I nodded slightly not being able to look at him. He chuckled slightly. "Oh don't worry, been there done that. Now in your case, you were here with my cousin, he's downstairs in the kitchen. Down the hall to your right."

I turned to go down but paused, looking back,he still had that excitedly happy expression almost like he had won something. "Ok,um what is it that has you so excited? Cause honestly dude it's kind of freaky."

"Oh, well that's cause A doesn't usually bring girls home, and when he does I kind of have to wear noise cancelling headphones but there wasn't much screaming last night so..." he broke off laughing "so that means he's losing his game, and that is the most fucking hilarious thing that could've happened." And the blond guy almost doubled over laughing.

"Okay..." I slowly walk down the stairs, the headache still present. Once I step into the kitchen I stop in my tracks. Oh dear fucking lord. Out of all the people in the god damn world I end up spending the night with this guy.

Ace stood in front of me, leaning over the counter, shirtless and in grey sweatpants. "Take a picture." His voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

He turns back to me holding to mugs probably filled with coffee. "Uh...." I was speechless and not just by the abs in front of me but the mere fact that I am here in front of him and defiantly looking like a hot fucking mess.

He chuckles, "You know what I changed my mind. Don't take a picture I like it when you stare at me." Yeah, okay, that brought me back. "Shut up." Going up to sit at the stool in front of the counter.

"There she is." He sat beside me, sliding a cup towards me. I took a sip, letting the hot, bitter liquid slide down my throat, sending warmth and energy through out my body.Both of us were quite, sipping on the coffee not daring to glance at each other, finally he broke the silence. "So, are you going to tell me what happened last night?" I took a deep breath "I would, but it gets a little fuzzy after the pills."

"Okay then, let's start with that. Why were you taking the pills, and feel free to tell me about the whole outfit change." "I had one of the crappiest days ever in a long time, especially because of my brothers, I was really frustrated. And before you say anything I know it is an unhealthy coping mechanism but I just didn't have it in me to fight through that last night.

As for the outfit change, I was just done pretending, if some douche can't accept me like this, then screw them, screw society." He nodded with a smile on his face "That sounds about right. What else do you remember?"

I strained my mind for what happened last night. And it was like it all hit me like a train, everything. The talk outside the bar, me shoving my tongue down his throat, him carrying me back to his room, us talking on his bed and falling asleep next to him. Oh my god, I kissed him. I practically threw myself at him.

I can't tell him that upfront, "I just remember to the part where you pulled me out of the club. And that's about it." I swear for a split second I saw his expression falter and turn into a frown but he quickly recovered from it. "Why? What happened last night exactly?"

"Contrary to what you might be thinking, we did not hook up. You just happened to be way to high and drunk, and I'm pretty sure if hadn't showed up to that club you probably would have ended up ODing in some alley." Ace replied.

"Oh come on, I wasn't going that hard and besides after all that had happened the earlier day, I was allowed to let loose." I said taking a sip from my coffee. "Yeah, you said something like that last night." He was looking at his own cup instead of looking me in the eye, like he was remembering something, probably the events of last night.

As his words register I panic slightly, I remember talking to him, but the exact conversation is a little hazy, I didn't say too much right? "What, did I exactly say last night?" He finally looked back at me.

"Stuff, about you and your brothers having a fight, and you getting tired of having to pretend to be someone you're not, so you dropped the act, and the reason why you had to act in the first place was because of something that happened with your family. I didn't ask last night but, what did happen with your family?" Ace's expression wasn't too prying, it seemed as if he was genuinely curious and maybe a little concerned.

"Oh... well just some things, happened that should not have happened to a kid. But I'm not with them anymore so I don't really like to think about it." I think he understood the message as he immediately dropped the topic, we talked a little longer about mundane topics and after a while, he led me upstairs so I could take a shower, get changed and go home.

"I can still drive you." Ace insisted as I walked towards the front door. "And I said I have already called the Uber, also I know I said I didn't give a fuck about my brothers but I know for a fact that they will kill you someone if I showed up at home with a guy." "Well, I'll do about anything for you darling." Showing a big smile on his face.

I just shake my head at his antics, say a quick goodbye and head back to my house. I'm dreading what will happen back home, a part of me wants to think that they might be worried about me but given that I have literally zero missed calls or messages leads me to believe otherwise.

Knowing those guys, they would be more angry than concerned, but either way, I've learned by now that they don't really give a fuck about me so don't need to either.

When I neared the big gates to our house the nerves started to build up again. Come on, these bitches don't scare you! Trying to boost up my confidence, I stepped out of the cab after paying the fair. I entered the code to the house and made my way inside.

The front door was locked so I had no other option than to ring the bell meaning one of my brothers was going to open the door. Swallowing the nerves I ring the bell, the tone playing for a total of about 15 seconds, and after about 15 more seconds I heard the click of the door being unlocked, and as the door swung open I subconsciously held in my breath. Half expecting to be yelled at or being slapped, like I had before.

Instead before me stood mrs. hallow, the short chubby older woman who worked as a maid and cook at our home, mrs. hallow was standing in her uniform, hair tied up in a bun seeming to be a little out of breath and an expression of slight relief etched on her face.

"Oh, ms. Marino! So glad you're home. I've been worried." I scoffed at that, stepping inside. "Yeah, you have been worried, and not the 27 year old guy who is my legal guardian. That's great." Mrs. hallow looked flustered as she scrambled for words to defend the men who had been her bosses for a long time "Oh, no he was very worried but you know him, so busy! But mr. Alex has been asking about you all the time!"

I turned back to face the older woman, "Ohh... he was worried sick about me and that is why he didn't even call me once." Mrs. hallow stood there staring at me, surprised, half due to my bold personality and half because of the fact that she just learned about the brothers having not called their sister once since the previous night.

Looking at her dumbfounded expression I scoffed, "forget it." Waving my hand dismissively and walked to the kitchen, I had expected it to be empty given that it was currently around 12:30 and the others must be in their rooms or at work.

Instead I found Dante and Marco sitting on the stools, eating a bag of chips while looking at something on their phones, as I walked in the clicking of my heels echoing through the room, their heads perked up at the sound.

I simply ignored them, opening the fridge and looking for something to eat. "Where the hell have you been?" Marco asked. I picked out a box of strawberries and a jar of Nutella, putting a few pieces in a bowl, washing them properly, sat down opposite to them, putting the spread on a little bit of the fruit and enjoying it.

"We asked you something. Where the hell were you last night?", and now for the first time today I met their eyes directly, there was no way in hell I was going to tell the truth and just because they're assholes I decided to have a little fun with them, "Well I am wearing the same clothes as yesterday, why don't you check my purse for a waded up pair of panties."

They're faces immediately turned red as a tomato, jaws clenching and their hands turning into fists. I knew they practically wanted to throw a brick at me at that moment and it was taking all of their self control not to.

"We don't have the time for your sarcastic jokes. Here the hell were you last night?!" Marco screamed at me. I internally grimaced, if we were in a cartoon show there probably would be steam coming out his nose and ears. "Why do you care?"

"We are your brothers!" Dante exclaimed, "Oh, oh ok you're my brothers. So I'm guessing last night you got abducted by aliens and they were the ones who took your place and basically told me to fuck off and die!" An accusative expression on my face.

There was absolute silence for what felt like forever, both of them stared at me, like tiny kids being called out for lying about breaking something. Neither of them said anything, and honestly what could they? There wasn't any explanation that could justify the words they said last night.

I picked up my bowl of strawberries and the jar of nutella, "I seriously have no idea, which fantasy world you're living in, but in the real world you all have no authority over me especially after last night." and with that I walked towards the exit.

But right as I was at the exit, I turned back to face the two, a smirk on my face, "I'm still not telling you where I was last night but I will tell you that I didn't sleep in my clothes last night." I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from laughing at their reaction.

But before they could say something to me, I ran up to my room.

The rest of the day went by pretty uneventfully, none of them really called me down for lunch but I didn't mind, cause I did kind of eat the big ass bowl of strawberries, and whole jar of nutella. I did however heard the front being opened a total of about three times throughout the day, most probably my brothers.

Surprisingly enough, Dante was the one who knocked on my door to ask me to down for dinner. after a really long, mental pep talk I walked down to my family out of the comfort of my lovely lovely room.

The living room was really quite when I entered, all of the guys staring at me as I took a seat. The food was already placed in front of us, so I immediately dug in, I looked up between bites to see the others still staring at me, so I being the disgusting person I am, still hunched over my plate, mouth full of food asked "What?"

Xavier cleared his throat, straightened his back "We would like to know where you were last night? you were gone for the entire night." I went back to my food, not even attempting to look up at him, "I'll give you the same answer I gave the other two idiots, I don't owe you guys shit, especially not an explanation for what I do."

"Were you with a boy last night?" Luca asked me, looking over my body with disgusted eyes, a smirk appeared onto my face, "Oh don't worry big brother. I don't think the guy knew my full name, so your slut sister won't be ruining your famous reputation." as I slowly licked the knife in my hand. I really should stop messing with them but it's just so much fun.

Luca immediately jumped to his feet, and started ranting to Xavier, about how much of an irresponsible person I was, how I was whoring around, not even caring about my reputation, blah, blah, blah.

I had finally had enough and slammed my knife into the table. All eyes turned to me, I stood up and slowly walked towards Luca, he was pretty tall so I had to tilt my head upwards a little. "Did it ever occur to you that you have no idea who I really am?"

"Oh, trust me, I know exactly the kind of person you are-." "Tell me then. What kind of a person am I?" He blankly stared at me not expecting this. "What school did I go to before I came here?" silence. "Who are my friends?" silence. "What kind of music do I like? what is my favourite movie?, what kind of snacks do I like?" silence.

"See, now that just proves that you know absolutely nothing about me. None of you do." I turn to face all of them, I had honestly wished that I could sleep here tonight, but I couldn't spend tonight with these assholes, who would rather assume things about me rather than actually talk to me.

Coming back into my room, I changed into, a red dress that stopped mid thigh along with black boots, applied a little bit of concealer and a whole lot of other shit over my arms, to cover the knife scars and cigarette burn marks. I picked up my leather jacket, wallet and my phone and walked downstairs.

I passed by the living room, where I could hear voices but didn't wait long enough to figure out what they were saying, I picked up the keys to the silver BMW, entering the garage, I took the car out and on the road, I was pissed and I didn't really want what happened last night to repeat.

So I called the only person who I knew could calm me down and make sure I didn't burn down my brothers' house. He picked up after the first two rings. "Kate?"

"Hey, what's your address?"

—————————————————
I'm back! My exams are finally over and it feels amazing!

This was kind of like a filler chapter, and also next one or two chapters would be based on Kate and her life with her friends, before we move onto her relationship with her brothers, I want you guys to know a little more about her character independently.

I hope you enjoyed this!! Let me know what you think

Love you all💕💕✨✨

Do vote
Comment
Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.8K 2.5K 33
Anastasia had never had an easy life. Living with an abusive step father and an even worse mother, Anastasia had accepted the fact that her life woul...
5.8M 156K 85
"No, I'm an only child.What do you mean by I have brothers? " Follow Anastasia Rosaline Blade through her journey. Overcoming abuse, PTSD, depression...
341K 7K 62
The lost mafia princess. Cordelia Hill is a seventeen year old girl with a troubled past. Life hit her hard. Her stepfather abused her since she was...
769K 28K 61
Maya Rogers is used to taking care of herself. After living alone with her uncle for years, she has known who she is and what she needs to do to surv...