The Trouble Next Door (Book #...

By nevergoingtofindme

(Book #3 of the mafia series) Sierra is now 21 years old and in her last year of collage She lives in this... More

Authors Note
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch.12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch.15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch.18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch.26
Ch. 27
Ch.28
Ch.29
Ch. 30
Ch.31
Ch.32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch.39
Ch.41
Ch.42
Ch.43
Ch.44
Ch. 45
Ch. 46
Ch.47
Ch. 48
Ch. 49
Ch.50

Ch. 40

1.9K 106 24
By nevergoingtofindme

Thea's POV

"What do you mean there was an FBI spy at the fucking casino?!" I shout at Naomi who is sitting across from me.

About 10 years ago she had started getting more deeply involved in the business. I was surprised but not shocked seeing as she was technically born into this life as well.

Did I give her shit for it? absolutely especially since she would give me shit for everything I did at times.

Now she keeps busy with running the percentage that Jake own for the Casino here in NY and a few Restaurants back in California.

Yes the Casino does include the Underground.

"It has already been taken care of. I had Andy on the case" Naomi says casually.

This only got me furious.

"Can you give me one good fucking excuse as to why I wasn't informed of it?" I say in the same calmness that she was radiating.

"I didn't want to worry all of you" Naomi says and that's when I throw everything off my desk.

"Next time I want a full fucking report on what's going on while it's happening. Especially if it my family's name is tainted on it. Understood?" I say to Naomi already up from my seat.

Her face blushes as she nods. "Understood."

That's when I finally sit down with a huff and I see her smile at me.

"What? Do I look like a clown to you?" I ask and she shakes her head no.

"I always wondered how you got the big dogs to respect you and now I understand" Naomi says.

I kept on looking at her waiting for her to continue.

"Im most likely certain that it's because half of them are scared of you." She says and I laugh.

"Oh please, your making me blush. Enough about me. How's Angel and Zane? Or little Esperanza?" I ask and she sinks in her chair with a sigh.

"Don't even get me started on them. In your family is it always the second born to be the most craziest? If so that's how Zane is. Always doing something to get him into trouble especially with that mouth he has on him. Angel is more quiet but he is definitely not living up to his name. Esperanza? She has a mouth on her too but she's a bit of both Angel and Zane" Naomi rants and I laugh at her stressed out face.

"Yes, it's always the second born. Or just the youngest because Cárter and Theodore are the calm ones unlike Esteban and Sebastian who are devils" I say rolling my eyes as well.

"What about Sierra? Any word on her yet?" She ask.

I stay quiet secretly debating on weather or not I should tell her.

"No, I haven't heard anything about her. Me and Mason thought that she would have understood why she got thrown out by now but here we are wit no news about her" my mouth speaks before I even decided on weather to tell her.

Mason and I Mutually agreed on kicking her out. She was getting out of hand and we thought that by kicking her out she would learn a few life lessons.

Just like Mason had when he was younger.

So far she has been doing good and I'm anticipating her next move is for her to come to us soon.

"Hopefully she will return to you guys in one piece" Is all Naomi could say. "Im sorry that i Cant stay longer then I want to but I have a meeting in a few minutes. Come by the penthouse around 8 for dinner tonight though"

"I'll check in to see if we can make it. Enjoy your meeting for now" I say as she was already on her way out.

"I'm already dreading it" Is all I hear before she left.

I sigh and stand up to look out of the windows And down to the streets filled with traffic down below me.

A few minutes go by and that's when I finally managed to grab my phone and call Andy.

The only communication we have had with any of my family is when Naomi comes in here to give me daily reports of the casino. It is at least once every 2 months.

This is the first time she has invited me to dinner in ages.

I haven't really talked to them even when we are watching the fights go down.

"What do you want? I'm kinda busy at the moment." Andy says sounding out of breath.

"Busy? Doing what? Is it really more important then talking to your favorite relative?" I ask sounding a bit offended.

"Matter of....Hmm" I hear and it instantly clicks on what he's doing.

"Andy. What. The. Fuck. why would you answer in the middle of sex?!" I shout in disgust.

What the fuck is wrong with Andy.

He didn't reply. All I heard was a few moans before he clicks.

Yeah that's it I'm done for today.

Packing up all my stuff I leave with the thought of my cousin answering the phone in the middle of sex.

Who answers in the middle of sex?!

Just as I was about to leave Luis bursted into my office and sits down in front of my desk.

"I met with Naomi downstairs. Other the Naomi we have a problem" Luis says looking a bit irritated.

I don't say anything as I just turn back and look down at the streets again.

Every person down there has a past and a path that they are leading to now. Some make it big and some don't yet we all walk past each other not caring.

"The Russians" Is all it took for me to turn back around and have all my focus on him.

I had feared that they would become a problem but not this soon.

~~~~~~~~~~

Now we were sitting across my brother, Jake, and his wife, Naomi, along with his three children, Angel, Zane, and Esperanza.

The quads sitting next to me with an empty seat in between us on my right while Mason sat to my left and Naomi facing me.

"Gosh it's been so long since we have hung out like this" Naomi explains and I just smile and agree.

"Thea and I Were actually talking about this the other day. We are trying to plan yearly trips to California and Mexico" Mason says.

"It doesn't have to be yearly. We will welcome you guys with open arms at any given moment" Naomi says with a smile.

"The kids look older" Jake comments while taking a sip of his drink.

"Years have passed since we've actually met as family and not business partners, brother" I say a bit bitter about it.

"Such a shame" Jake says.

"Indeed" I say taking a glance at the kids whom look like they never fell out of touch.

They were in their own conversation laughing and talking. It's as if just yesterday we were like them.

"You guys should also come down here to visit. It'll make your trips more enjoyable since we have been planning on moving to Italy in a few years" I say which made a spark shine through Naomis eyes.

"We will definitely come along. Especially if it's a trip to Italy. Right, Jake" Naomi says kind of elbowing him.

"Yes, dear" Jake says.

What happen to us?

The whole night it had been in small talk here and there until it finally came down to the end of the night.

I had pulled Jake to a smaller quieter spot away from the kids and Naomi when we were saying our goodbyes.

"I hope that they have informed you of the newest problems" I say and he nods.

"How much do you know?" I ask.

"Only the basics. Two of the underground fighters have been poking around in Domenics business and he has been sending out his assassins to get them.

"Not only that but there has been suspected that the two fighters are from one of us which has infuriated Domenic. He thinks that we are plotting against him to pull something bigger then the net can catch." I say and he scoffs.

"Do you know if these fighters are participants of the ball in a couple of weeks?" He asked and I shook my head no.

"Not that I know of but if it has been itching Domenic that bad do you think he will plan to attack us at any give moment. Not to mention where do the Garcia's stand if this were to happen" Jake says.

"That's what I was thinking but It looks like they are targeting more to New York rather then to you guys. I'll make someone keep an eye out though" I say to him and he nods.

As we were hugging goodbye he whispers into my ear.

"I miss you. Not the professional Thea that I always here from. I miss my sister" Jake says.

Hearing him finally voice out his thoughts made me smile a bit but it also brought sadness that We got so distant that he even noticed.

"I miss you too, Jake. May time be on our side and we can reconnect soon." I say before giving out my finale goodbyes.

I miss home. Not just home here in New York but I miss my family.

Nothing really has been the same ever since I left the mafia.

When we were on our way back home Mason turned to me and placed his hand over mine.

I look over at him and he gives me a small smile.

"You Can go whenever you want." He says.

"Oh please, Mason. I don't need you to tell me that" i say and he just rolls his eyes.

"Then Whats stopping you?" He then ask.

"Time. Time is stopping me." I say but I also knew the other reason.

I can't look my brother in the face after Sierra got kicked out. Not only did they not agree with it but they also didn't understand why.

It was for her own good to get a brake form us. To find herself. To find her path away from us.

Is that what I'm trying to convince myself to believe?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all enjoyed that small chapter! Don't forget to comment and vote!

Chile I'll see you guys next time 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 37.4K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
347 3 24
WARNING: 18+, Explicit Language, Sexual Content (Chapters will have ⭐️ if you choose to skip), and Alcohol. Bianca Taylor Smith is a 20-year-old art...
13.8K 371 20
"You don't know what you're getting yourself into with me" he murmured, lips almost touching my ear. "I trust you" I breathed back, staring into thos...
17.1K 598 65
There are few things that humble Allie Carson. As a senior, she is a central part of the popular crowd and can have any guy she wants - and she knows...