Horror Stories

By DayDreamingLady

If you're looking forward to a night of sleeplessness, read on. More

The Limping Woman
Fran And Jock
Ghost Bro
The Rocking Horse
The Following
The Whispers
The Crib Shadow
The Shadow
The Satellite Images
Phantom Alarms
Mom's Scary Boyfriend
The Man In The Bunny Costume
The Ghost Babysitter
Stranger In The House
The Phantom Hairdryer
What I Saw On The Country Road
Two Little Dancing Girls
Deserted Road
The Attic
The Haunted House
The House
Stepbrother's Spirit
The Old Women
My Ex
The Stick Figures
The Face
Tap Tap At The Window
Don't Get Off The Bus
Skinwalker
Attack On The Van
Men On All Fours
The Puppy In The Basement
The Chair
The Slender Man
Grandma's Light is Always On
The Ouija Board
The Cellphone
The Man In The Mirror
Happy Birthday
The Mirrors
A Haunting Visitation
The Writing On The Wall
Blurry
We Didn't Question Why
The Devil
The Old Man In The Well
The Light
Closet Light
Wedding Day
Go To Bed
The Paper Airplane
Prettiest Girl In The Class
How I Sleep
Tumbler
That Damned Mirror
Bffs
The Dancing Strangers
The House With Marked Doors
My Husband
Mr. Right
The Forest
Who Was At The Door
Bruised By The Ghost
Torn Cows
Dead Man's Ghost
The Baby's Crib
The Dog
The Ghostly Women
My Haunted House
Leave
Brother James
The Male Ghost
What Was It?
The Walking Cardboard
The Ruined House
The Handprints
The Oldman With A Crow
Creepy Bedroom
The Smoky Thing
The Dresser
Cry Baby Cry
The Dead Niece
The Kiss
The Handprints
The Little Girl
Mrytles Plantation
The Bloody Scab
The Sinister Doll
The Plushie
The Phonecall
The Black Room
The Whistle
Camping Trip
The Knocking
Don't Play With Guns
Jhon
The CD
The Laughing Doll
The Victorian House

Mr. Mohawk

123 6 0
By DayDreamingLady

A friend had sold the house, and let me stay in it for a couple of weeks prior to the actual sale.

The house was basically empty, except for a bed, and I awoke to seeing a man hanging from the rafters. I was startled, I know I gasped, because he saw me wake up. He then looked at me and said “I’m terribly sorry, it’s just something I feel the need to do.”

He was dressed like a painter, and then, inexplicably, uncoiled the rope (as if taking it down) and descended down a ladder that was underneath him. He “dissolved” as he hit the floor, as did the rope and ladder.

Later that day I spoke to woman whose house it was, my friend’s wife, asking her if there had ever been a “ghost” on the premises. She asked me why and I told her the story.

She was startled. “The man who painted this house hanged himself. But he didn’t do it here, he did it as his own home.”

“Just something I feel the need to do.” He said it in his Aussie accent as well.

One of the first ghosts I saw was in Santa Monica, in a building I later lived in for years. I was visiting a friend in the building, and he had me sleep on his couch.

We drank wine the night before, but I was startled to wake to find a pretty blond girl sitting at the end of the couch, crying. She was dressed like a hippie, had long hair, it hung in her face, and she was obviously upset about something. I said “Hi.” She looked up and disappeared.

Later I said to my friend, “Dude, who’s the ghost in your apt?” He asked me to describe her.

He said “That was the girlfriend of the guy who used to live here. She committed suicide here.” A detail I did not know, could not have known. Years later, I met their daughter - and she looked exactly like the girl I had seen on the couch.

My favorite was while I was teaching in Maine at the Workshops near Camden.

I woke to find a Mohawk Indian standing over my bed, screaming at me in some language I did not understand. He was really upset, ferocious, had a tomahawk in one hand and an axe in the other. He was dripping blood - or it could have been red battle paint - but he was in full battle dress.

That week that I taught at the workshops, I slept with every light on, every radio or tv on. I’ve learned that if a ghost is “interrupting your sleep” - and you don’t have the time to address why that is, or who they are - it’s just easier to interrupt the field; somehow having sound waves interrupts however how they’re able to access your subconscious.

I didn’t get a lot of sleep that week, but made a point of saying every night “Look, Mr. Mohawk, I’m just here for a week, I would appreciate it if you’d let me sleep and go shout at someone else while I’m here.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379K 9.7K 36
This is a Collection of Real Life Horror stories. These stories are told by various different people who personally experienced paranormal events.
14.2K 78 16
Creepy stories that will keep you up at night
390 7 20
Creepypasta stories to read when you're bored and have nothing better to do. I do not own any of these stories, all credit goes to the people who wro...
15.5K 990 76
Ready to read some amazing scary stories? Hope you are cause I've just prepared a variety of them just for you! Make yourself comfortable but connect...