easy for you to say « f.weasl...

By moonstonecult

❝ a darkness that holds me, and loves when I bleed, it locks all the doors and then hides all the keys... More

EASY FOR YOU TO SAY
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.

22.

9.4K 395 72
By moonstonecult

•♡•♡•

THE ENTIRE SCHOOL HAD SPOKE of nothing other than Sirius Black for the next few days. Theories upon theories of just how he had managed to enter a 'Dumbledore-locked' castle were still as nerve wracking as the first thought. Especially for the younger students, those who'd usually cower in large groups and shudder every time they happened to pass a large enough archway. According to the twins and Lee, the Fat Lady's portrait had finally been moved to begin it's restoration on the second day, and in it's place sat a portrait of Sir Cadogan and his fat, grey pony. However, none of the Gryffindors seemed to be relatively happy about the temporary replacement.

"He keeps challenging us all to duels," George let out an annoyed huff, rolling his eyes as he speared a piece portion of his omelette before continuing his rant, "it takes us all bloody ages to even get into the damn common room."

"He changes the password at least three times a day," Fred added with a eye roll of his own, slumping in his seat as he bit into some toast, "he's a complete lunatic."

"Can't you just get someone else?" Rebecca questioned, finishing off her tie to tuck it into her grey vest before glancing between them, "I mean, Percy is Head Boy — as he likes to claim every five seconds — can't he just persuade another portrait to switch?"

"Sir Cadogan was the only one actually brave enough to volunteer," Lee supplied with a slight grimace, solemnly shaking his head, "all of them are terrified of Black coming back and giving them each the same treatment as he gave the Fat Lady."

"Well, it surely sucks to be you lot," She stated teasingly, popping a green grape into her mouth and earning three narrowed glares.

"Mister Potter, might I have a word?" Professor McGonagall had suddenly appeared by the table, face slightly grim as she stared down to the bespectacled boy just a few seats down.

Harry gave a curt nod, shooting both Hermione and Ron an extremely confused look before he was following after the older woman. They both left the Great Hall, no doubt on the way towards the Gryffindor Head of House's office. Hermione and Ron didn't bid so much as a goodbye to any of the others, waiting only mere seconds before following right after Harry.

"I wonder what trouble he's in now," George hummed, "every day is a surprise knowing Harry."

"Well, it has to do with Black, doesn't it?" Lee questioned absentmindedly pouring himself another cup of tea, "everybody knows that Black is after Harry — sure, we don't particularly know why, but if a murderer is after you, I'm sure the professors must take certain precautions."

"And just how many times have you both spent talking to one another?" Fred uttered, cocking up an eyebrow as he glanced between his best friend and the girl beside him – giving her an accusing look, "you've got Lee talking all posh and proper now."

"Oh, well, we don't really talk—"

George had gave a loud snort into his goblet, nearly sputtering his drink across the table when Fred gave a small noise of surprise at the same time. Lee smothered his smile into a large bite of ham, shooting a sly wink to the Ravenclaw who merely rolled her eyes and shook her head at their antics.

"What Lee meant, was that we—"

"No need to explain," Fred shook his head quickly, clearly avoiding any eye contact, "that's quite alright."

"We listen to music, you sickos," She let out an incredulous breath, eyebrows furrowing deeply, "you can't exactly talk or you'll miss the entire thing."

"–and you're both there with us most of the time," Rebecca exclaimed lowly, glancing between the twins, "so it's not our fault you're oblivious."

"You guys should've seen your faces," Lee snorted, grinning stupidly, "the pure shock and pain was a sight to witness."

"I'll admit it, you got me," George nodded, chuckling and shaking his head, "I really did think you both—"

"Nope, let's not get into that," She interjected quickly, her nose scrunching up slightly, "Lee is great and all, but yeah — no, thank you."

"I don't know whether or not I should be offended by that," Lee hummed slightly.

Rebecca only rolled her eyes once more, shaking her head with a small sigh. Upon spotting Adrienne sat by her dormmates, she finally smiled and stood from her seat to go and join them. The blonde smiled at the incoming figure of her best friend, gesturing her over so she could catch up to their group that was beginning to gather their things to head to their first class. The Ravenclaw just smiled bigger, greeting the girls she fell into step with, their little group of now-five leaving the Great Hall.

"Right, Potions, we best get going," Fred suddenly chimed in – his eyes having followed the group of girls out of the hall, already moving to stand from his own seat, "can't give Snape a reason to take points."

"Like Snape even needs a reason to dock us points," George scoffed with a roll of his eyes, "he hates any Gryffindor, let alone all those close to Harry."

"I don't think it's Potions he's really speaking about," Lee uttered to the younger twin, raising his eyebrows as he side-glanced him.

The two of them stood from their seats, moving quickly to follow after Fred, trying to smother their blatant amusement as they too exit of the Great Hall. George and Lee walked behind Fred for a short time, whispering conspiratorially – though it seemed like they were bickering with one another to anybody in passing. Upon reaching Snape's abnormally warm classroom, they found the girls having switched the seat around. Adrienne had snagged the seat by Angelina, and Alicia was with their other dormmate, Katie Bell. The boys walked up to their chattering group, Lee frowning that his seat was now occupied and his easy-A partner stolen. 

"Oi, you lot have some explaining to do," He had insisted, folding his arms over his chest, "just where am I gonna sit now?"

"You, George, and Fred can figure that out amongst yourselves," Alicia smiled innocently, her and Katie snickering.

"But–" 

"Well then, we're just stealing the one that can actually get an Outstanding in this godforsaken class," George huffed, jutting out a bent arm to the Ravenclaw at his side.

Rebecca eyed his arm, stifling a small laugh, "I still have a potions partner," She jutted a thumb back towards the brunette nearly tilting her entire seat back, "and Lisa won't appreciate the last-minute switch."

"So you're gonna leave us to suffer alone?" Lee exclaimed in mock-horror.

"Basically," She nodded innocently.

"C'mon," George frowned, "we both know Lisa is well-off on her own," At her hum, he subtly jabbed Lee in the side, "we'll buy you sweets if you help us pass."

"Any sweets you want," Lee nodded encouragingly.

"Well why didn't you say so," Rebecca retorted sarcastically, rolling her eyes with an exaggerated sigh, "alright, alright –" The boys cheered then, making her immediately shush them before the entire class was looking their way, "but I'm expecting my first round of sweets by Saturday, and you lot actually have to try and do some sort of work."

"Deal," The three chorused, jumping up to lead her towards their usual seats.

"And–!" She added quickly, moving after them easily, "you lot have to deal with Lisa and her dramatics once she realizes what's happened."

"Yes yes, Mallory will be taken care of," Lee nodded and rolled his eyes before he was straightening his spine and watching as George set his things on his desk instead of by his brother, "Uh, what do you think you're doing?"

"My best friend, Jordan," George stated obviously, "and I persuaded her to leave Lisa."

"Yeah, to be my partner," He retorted, "Alicia left so it's her spot needing to be filled."

"You both know I'm right here, right?" Rebecca questioned, glancing between them both with furrowed eyebrows, "and I'm well off choosing my own partner."

"You guys can't just stick me with Fred," Lee shook his head, ignoring the girl and guarding the empty seat that the older twin stood by, "he hardly does any work and I actually need to pass this term."

"Oh so effecting my marks is fine?" The younger twin protested, earning a bewildered look from his brother – looking around at each of them incredulously, "my mum will have my head should I bring back another mere Acceptable."

"Merlin's stupid beard," Rebecca let out a stifled laugh, pinching the bridge of her nose before simply sliding into the one of the vacant seats at the desk behind Lee's, "don't go breaking yourselves over who'll deal with Fred's laziness – I'll take one for the team."

"C'mon, Freddiekins," She hummed, "I'm perfectly good at getting more than just passing marks for the both of us," Rebecca pushed the seat beside her out with her foot, beginning to take out the usual materials from her bag, "thinking of aiming for another Outstanding this year."

With her gaze set downward, George finally grinned and shoved his brother towards the empty seat. Lee too smirked, wiggling his thick eyebrows before plopping himself down by his and George's stuff. Fred gave them both unimpressed looks, though his pale cheeks tinted a light shade of red. They only continued with their stupid smiles, nodding encouragingly and stifling their chuckles. With a small breath, Fred slowly sat into the chair, letting his bag fall to his feet before leaning back.

"I'm not entirely useless, you know," He uttered as Snape sashayed in with purpose, billowing black robes swishing around, "and I'll actually help you—"

"I know, Fred," Rebecca whispered, flashing him a reassuring smile as she momentarily glanced up from tugging a quill from her bag, "your brother and Lee were only teasing."

"Just making sure you—"

"Mister Weasley, may I begin my lesson before you begin your yapping?" Snape called out in a firm tone, eyes narrowed, "I won't repeat my directions for you when your dull mind doesn't retain them."

"Well?" The man questioned when Fred gave no reply, a small scowl curling at his lips.

"Well?" Fred repeated lowly, leaning further back into his seat and crossing his arms.

"Insolence — ten points from Gryffindor," Snape hissed, "you do well to remember that your marks for this term and the next are up to me."

"Oh, I remember just perf—"

"It was my fault, Professor," Rebecca interjected quickly, having grasped Fred's wrist beneath the table and giving it a tight squeeze to shut him up, "I had asked him a question before you got here — he was only answering it."

"I'd appreciate it if you kept your questions to your own time, Miss Carrow," Snape drawled, turning abruptly on his heel to begin sending out materials with a wave of his wand, "ten points from Ravenclaw for class disruption."

With a roll of her eyes and muttered profanities beneath her breath, she too leaned back in her chair. There was a slight wiggle from under her fingertips, and she immediately let go of Fred's wrist, shooting him an apologetic look as various objects clattered on the top of their desk. With Snape's monotone directions, after turning to the correct page for the recipe for Draught of Peace, she reached out to grab the deep disc of moonstones to begin their assignment.

*

Adrienne had invited both Cedric and Rebecca to the Gryffindor common room for a sleepover after dinner. Once the usual food and festivities had ended, and when the large bell tower tolled on the hour like every day, hoards of students and faculty alike had began moving towards their dorms and personal chambers to begin winding down from the day. The corridors had crowded quickly, bustling with continuous chatter and laughing students all making way to either of the four common rooms.

"I feel like we all haven't hung out in forever," Cedric sighed wistfully, glancing between the two girls walking on either side of himself, "though, you lot have certainly branched out this year."

"Whatchu mean?" Adrienne hummed, cocking up an eyebrow.

"Well, for one; you are actually speaking with your dormmates," He snorted in amusement, "and two, Bee has managed to smile in other people's presence."

"And you've finally managed a girlfriend," Rebecca added with a smug grin, "celebrations all around."

"And why do you think I've offered the lion's den for a sleepover, dumby?" Adrienne stated, hands atop her hips.

"I was trying to be sentimental," Cedric sighed.

"Well don't, that's gross," The Ravenclaw grimaced dramatically, only to have it falter back into a smile when he pouted.

"Anywhooo, let's just drop our shit off then head down to the kitchens for the usual provisions," Adrienne insisted, having grown tired of lugging around her bag, "then we can start our usual weekly catch-up – because Godric knows Ced can't last long without knowing all the latest gossip."

"Hey, don't hate me for liking to be informed," The Hufflepuff pouted deeper, jutting his bottom lip out, "how else would you both have found out about that surprise quiz in Transfiguration?"

"You mean that surprise quiz back in second year?" The blonde snorted, swatting back at Cedric as he tried swatting at her, "I'm sure we would've gotten word about it regardless."

The two simmered into their usual bickering, playfully fighting and trying to swat at one another. Rebecca only rolled her eyes in good-nature, smothering a fond smile as the three of them finally came up to the end of the corridor where Sir Cadogan sat with his fat, grey pony. The short knight was chattering on loudly at anybody who'd pass, seemingly rarely letting any students into the common room as they complained from outside in just-as-loud voices. The trio had reached the portrait after a short walk, falling short of being able to piggy-back off the last few students that had finally gotten in – the door having shut right in their faces.

"Back!" The squat knight shouted suddenly, "back I say!"

"You do this every time!" Adrienne exclaimed incredulously, "we're just trying to get into the common room!"

"Back!" He had shouted again, now brandishing his sword and waving it around within his portrait, "you dare come again? I am not likely to meet the same fate as Miss Elizabeth! Come at me, and fight!"

Rebecca was taken back, eyebrows knitting together before she was peering over her shoulder – the sudden blazing eyes of Sir Cadogan burning a hole into the side of her head.

"What drugs are you on, man?" Adrienne questioned seriously, her lips curling into a scowl, "no one is going to fight you."

"That there – a splitting image of Miss Elizabeth's attacker!" Cadogan yelled, the tip of his sword pointed at the Ravenclaw, "I know glamour charms when I see them!"

"Are you thick in the head?" Cedric retorted, having taken a step forward to the portrait, "you think she's Sirius Black?"

"She's literally a girl for one," Adrienne gestured to her silent friend, running both her hands over her face with a groan, "and she's our friend! Just let us in!"

"Likely story!"

"Why would we be harboring an under-cover Sirius Black?!" Cedric questioned incredulously.

"You have to let us in!" The blonde folded her arms over her chest, "we all know the last passwords you've used."

"Lies!"

"Lemon drops," Rebecca finally spoke up, she too, crossing her arms over her chest, "balderdash, kneazles, and Sir Cadogan's pony."

The knight faltered for a moment, falling short of words before he was putting his sword back in it's sheath – the portrait swinging open not but another minute after, "welcome to Gryffindor Tower."

Fearful that he'd change his mind, the trio rushed into the common room. Each of them letting out staggered breaths, rolling their eyes before making their way towards the far corner to lay down their things. Rebecca was the first to plop down into a squashy scarlet armchair, bag at her feet and letting out another breath that had her fringe momentarily blowing off her forehead.

"Can't believe he thought you were Sirius Black," Cedric uttered, letting himself fall into the chair opposite, "that guy is mental."

"Well –"

"Adrie!"

"I'm not saying you both are exactly picture perfect, identical twins!" Adrienne exclaimed, holding up her hands, "just that there's an uncanny resemblance between the two!"

"You saying I look like a criminally-deranged murderer?" Rebecca grew insecure quickly, slowly trying to sink deeper into the cushions beneath herself.

"No!" The blonde paused, "yes – kinda."

"Okay, look," She moved quickly around the common room, a serious look upon her face as she scoured for something – coming back immediately from snatching something off the fireplace before holding it up with a flourish, "there's just a resemblance that's been eating away at me for some time since I first saw the paper."

"Wow, tan skin and black hair," Cedric stated boredly, crossing his arms over his chest, "such a identical pair – you do know all purebloods are related in some way or another, right?"

"They have the same nose!" Adrienne exclaimed, trying to hold The Daily Prophet up beside her friend's face, immediately having it pushed away, "and similar eyebrows!"

"That's like saying me and her have the same left pinky toe!" He retorted, letting out a sudden snort and shaking his head, "don't worry, Bee, I don't think you look like a deranged murderer."

Rebecca only looked between the both of them, frowning, "I hate the both of you."

"No, you don't."

"I should."

•♡•♡•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 4K 41
❝You're not going to take no for an answer, are you?❞ ❝You should know the answer to that by now, Harry.❞ ⁂ Life has always been a bit disorganized f...
101K 1K 31
Yeah please don't take this book seriously, I was young and had nothing to do, -UNDERGOING EDIT- (Not anymore) ✔ = edited I'm only editing the litera...
226K 4.9K 70
𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄? 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏, 𝐎𝐑 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃...
233K 2.8K 66
- This book is just short stories from both the golden trios era and the Marauders era. This is just some fun ideas I've come up with and hope yous e...