Trollhunters: The Written Fut...

By TheWonderland04

After the events of the Shattered King, the Trollhunter team finds themselves in a mysterious room surrounded... More

Becoming: Part One
Becoming: Part 2
Wherefore Art Thou, Trollhunter?
Gnome Your Enemy
Waka Chaka!
Win Lose Or Draal
To Catch A Changeling
Adventures in Trollsitting
Bittersweet Sixteen
Young Atlas
Recipe for Disaster
Claire and Present Danger
The Battle of Two Bridges
Return of the Trollhunter
Mudslinging
Roaming Fees May Apply
Blinky's Day Out
The Shattered King
Airheads
Where is my Mind?
Party Monster
It's About Time
Wingmen
Angor Management
A Night to Remember
Something Rotten This Way Comes
Skullcrusher
Grand Theft Otto
KanjigAAARRRGGHH!!!
Homecoming
Hiss Hiss Bang Bang
Hero with a Thousand Faces
Just Add Water
Creepslayerz
The Reckless Club
Unbecoming
Mistral and Error
In the Hall of the Gumm-Gumm King
A Night's Patroll
Arcadia's Most Wanted
Bad Coffee
So I'm Dating a Sorceress
The Exorcism of Claire Nunez
Parental Guidance
The Oath
For the Glory of Merlin
In Good Hands
A House Divided
Jimhunters
The Eternal Knight | Part One
The Eternal Knight | Part 2
His Choice

Escape from the Darklands

3.9K 57 144
By TheWonderland04

"I am Gun Robot. Resistance is futile," came a voice off the television. A scene from the famous Gun Robot movie being played. Suddenly, the sound of an alarm beeping from above the T.v and someone snoring was heard. "Give up, Sally. Give up."

The camera finally revealed that it had been Barbara who was sprawled out on the couch, glasses resting in her hair. With a gasp, she jumps awake and slides on her glasses that had fallen off with her quick movements.

"I am Gun Robot. I am superior." She clicks off the T.V. and silences the alarm while calling up for her son.

"Jim? Jim, honey, are you up?" She had finally made it to his door, finding a note on his door. She took a glance at it before she opened the door, finding nothing but an empty bed. "Honey, are... are you here? Jim?" Worry washed over her as the room seemed untouched.

"Oh crap, the news is about to be spilled to Barbara. This lady has been through enough! Please let her relax for a little bit!"

Jim rubbed his forehead shyly. His mother would not handle his disappearance easily. He avoided her gaze, not wanting his heart to break any more. However, he had promised Claire, so his heart was conflicted on what was the right choice.

Jim had finally appeared from the side of the bed, "Oh, hey! Sorry, Mom. Putting these socks on is so easy today." He climbed over the bed, seeming more excited then he should have.

Everyone jumped back in their seats, even the Trollhunters looked shocked at the sight of Jim. Yet, the Trollhunter instantly caught the red flag on why it wasn't him. Toby was the only one who ever struggled with socks, that was his best friend. But how did he do it?

"UM.... Did we miss a whole episode here?! How the hell is Jim back!?" The Trollhunter team finally seemed to understand it, all of them sharing a soft grin.

"Why did Jim mention his socks? But we are glad you are okay."

"You scared me. I was worried you'd run off or-."

"If only future Barbara knew..."

"Run off?" Jim scoffed, his posture was stiff and he didn't seem to be himself. "Where would I go? Some scary underground world? No, I've been here the whole time." He let out a nervous chuckle. "Oh, your-your-your breakfast! Almost forgot."

He began to hum happily, leaping from the stairs, only to lose his footing. He let out a scream as he tumbled down the stairs, the scene changing from his embarrassing moment, to him opening the cupboard door.

Everyone in the theater laughed, throwing their heads back at Jim's fall. Even Steve called him out on it. However, Jim watched with an eyebrow raised.

"Way to be subtle, Jim."

"Did Jim change during the Darklands. How long was he gone to be this weird!?"

"WHY IS THERE SUCH A BIG GAP!?" Eli ignored the constant screams from the students, thinking. His mind ran faster than ever, he knew something was off, it seemed to piece together but something hadn't fit right.

He yelped when he knocked all the cans down, reaching to grab a box and then helping himself in the fridge. Jim twirled the knife with a grin, only to yelp and duck as he lost his grip on the knife, the sharp utensil embedding itself in the counter.

The scene continued to play out, an egg flying over the bowl and onto the counter as a whole tomato had followed, the red fruit actually landing inside the bowl. He pulled up the carton of milk and inspected it before shrugging and pouring it into his mix.

He chuckled, trying his best to whisk it, right before he was seen yelping as he flipped his omelette. It seemed as if he was a lot more clumsier as he cooked, which was unusual.

Barbara leaned over, watching as the pan was lit, the omelette burning as he tried to repeatedly toss it. "Looks like you've been taking cooking lessons from me."

"Guys... he can't even cook right!"

Jim had tossed it too far, the omelette sticking to the ceiling. His head whipped in every direction as he tried to find it, "The doctor said, after that concussion and loss of memory, you need all the nourishment you can get." He heard it unstick from above, running beneath it and holding out the plate. The burnt food landed perfectly on the plate and he handed it to Barbara who didn't seem as pleased, "And voila! Omelette a la Jimbo."

She took a bite and nearly gagged, "Thank you, Jim."

"Yes!" Jim hissed out, smiling.

"Must've been some concussion. I still can't remember when we redecorated the house." She set the food down, leaning against the sink as the memories played back. Jim hand shoved his mother to the floor as the axe swung into the door, Barbara crying out right before Strickler had shot the lamp, standing nervously behind the armoured table.

Scenes kept replaying, Angor yelping as the fridge flew in his direction, Angor firing at the lights while Barbara was cornered, laughing wickedly.

"It's a shame. I-I really loved the wallpaper you picked, Mrs.- Mom." His phone beeped, causing him to rush out of the house. "Gotta go, but I'll be back for dinner. See you later, Dr. L!"

"TOBY!" Everyone screamed out, the said boy leaping from his spot in panic after being frightened by his name suddenly being shouted at the top of everyone's lungs.

"You are a really good actor there Tobes," Jim teased, his best friend rolling his eyes.

"Guys, this means Jim is still in the Darklands. I mean, his health is still confusing but hey, he has to be alive."

"Dr. L?" She repeated with confusion. The garage door opened, revealing Jim as he shielded his eyes from the sun, smiling as Claire stood there, waiting for him.

"We are late, Jimbo." She turned to face him with a teasing smile. Jim groaned out, pushing the bike out as he spoke.

"Keeping up appearances is hard. She was so close to finding out today." He had a hard time keeping up with Claire as they had taken the same way Jim and Toby had in the first episode. "I don't know how long I can keep this up." He pulled off the mask, revealing Toby who was filling in for Jim, "you wear the glamour mask and play Jim. It's got this sweaty troll stank to it."

Jim smiled, that's how they were doing it. It was a pretty smart idea, but the idea of Claire playing him and living his life seemed a little nerve racking. He finally won her over, he wasn't going to scare her off if she found something out about his life... wait, it didn't seem to matter anyways, his secrets were being blasted to the whole school!

Blinky was proud of the team so far, minus Toby's acting skills. They managed to keep up in the Trollhunter's absence, which proved they were efficient enough, especially since Vendel was trying his best to hide an approving smirk from the room.

As Claire flew down the path, she turned to look back at her friend, excitement running through her veins. "No way. We made a deal. You cover for him in Arcadia, I handle all his duties in Trollmarket."

"Fine. Speaking of which, any word?"

"Come on, Tobes!" Claire seemed to have the same spunk as Jim after leaping off a hill and sticking the landing, never slowing on her speed. "It's only been two weeks, and the amulet hasn't called for anyone else. We know he's okay in the Darklands. He'll be back, and with my baby brother."

Jim loved the determination on her face, she was a strong woman and he couldn't help but love her more because of it.

"TWO WEEKS!?" People cried out, even the news shocking Jim. He was managing to survive well then. He always seemed to lack the "survive like some old western guy" skills.

She leaped from the side of the canal, skidding down the slope on her bike skillfully. "I hope so. I don't know how much longer I can deal with this stank. Where are you, Jim?" Toby cried out as he struggled to balance on the downhill.

Speaking of Jim, the border of the screen flipped, representing the Darklands. Jim rested on his hands and knees, breathing on a small hump of stones. Embers floated from the lit pile, Jim struggling to start a fire.

"Come on. Come on, come on." With one last breath, the small fire had started, Jim smiling at his success and standing in front of a vast cave. "Yes!" With a few waves of his shield, the smoke cascaded into the cave, alerting the inhabitant that someone was near their home.

"Um, buddy, ARE YOU TRYING TO DIE!?"

It's roar echoed from the walls, but it hadn't shown. Jim waited for the right time, ducking near the cave and watching as the beast emerged. All that was shown was its massive teeth and the glowing blue hue it emitted in the dark world. Angered, it roared, trying to find whoever wandered near it's home. Jim winced as it slithered out, revealing only parts of it's long snake-like body.

"What is that thing!? I don't even see it full and it's absolutely hideous!"

The Trollhunter took his chance, grabbing his nearby bag and quickly sketching an arrow on the wall. He ran into the cave, finding his target beneath a few rocks. Once he cleared them, it had revealed a few dark red eggs, making Jim smile.

"Yes! Dinner!" As he loaded the eggs into the sack, a dripping noise behind him had caught his attention, only for nothing to be there. Turning his attention back onto the eggs, he started to grab as much as he could until a sack of drool had poured down in front of him.

He let out a startled cry at the sight of the beast, it's roar was filled with rage. The Trollhunter took off in the direction of the exit, only for the enraged animal to slam it's body in front of him. "I don't suppose you want to talk about this?" Only earning another cry from it, Jim let out a scream, watching as it's vast blue mouth tried to swallow the boy whole.

Jim squeezed into a small area of the cave, the rocks raining down and knocking the beast back onto the floor, dazing it enough for Jim to climb on it's dark scales. With instant movement, the beast was up, the scales clicking as it flew up straight. As it readied to deavor Jim, the boy epically leaped from it, donning his sword. It cried out in pain as Jim managed a small hit near it's neck.

However, Jim didn't wait around, he sprinted to the exit. The creature rolling back onto its stomach and giving chase. It's full head had been revealed, large horns jutted out from it's head, making the mouth seem smaller than what it had been. It's tongue had shot out from it's mouth, piercing the spot Jim was last standing.

He slid through a narrow hole, the beast rapidly trying to pierce the boy, only to constantly miss. It roared as it watched Jim escape, frantically slithering after the Trollhunter, passageways crumbling beneath it's large body.

Jim let out a grunt as a few eggs managed to roll from the bag, falling into the deep abyss. He tried to reach for them, but was cut off. He ducked from the angered beast, instead of it still attacking Jim, it had chased after it's falling eggs, managing to tuck them safely in it's mouth but taking the harsh crash.

It's large dark and neon body curled around the thin bridge, giving up after saving a few of its offspring. With a fierce roar, it scurried back to it's nest, Jim watching it evaluate before sliding down a nearby chain and entering his own shelter.

"All right. Papa's bringing home the bacon." He dumped the remaining egg in his hand and sat down a little further into the cave. The scene was quickly replaced with a small stone, hollowed out to make a bowl as a small fire was lit beneath it, Jim sword being used to stir and flip the egg as it finished cooking.

He flipped the egg from his makeshift pot, the sword evaporating as he kept a grip on his dinner. Jim tossed the egg in his hands, blowing on each side before cracking it open, careful not to spill any it's contents out.

"Jim's sitting there like, I've been doing this for two weeks and I am already a pro."

When the egg was pulled apart, it revealed green goop and a normal looking yolk. Yet, from the reaction Jim had given after slurping some, it didn't seem to taste good. He gagged and wiped his tongue with a shiver, wiping any liquid that had run down his chin.

"Oh! Still beats chicken surprise." His eyes drifted to a large drawing that had been drawn on the cave wall, all of his friends smiling and looking innocent despite the issues at hand. "Hey, Tobes," Jim chuckled. "You want a bite, Claire? No? How about you, Blink? Gotta get in here while it lasts. Says the guy who's getting far too comfortable talking to himself."

A young man, SilentWhisper smiled lightly, "you guys are his light in his darkest times." Toby gasped, awwing at Jim.

"We miss you too Jimbo!"

His heart broke as he studied the picture, head dropping. "Man, I miss you guys." A long silence had passed before he gathered himself, "anyway, your loss. More for me. Mm..." He gagged after taking another slurp, instantly regretting it.

The theater cooed at his broken expression, Claire's hand even drifting for Jim's as she smiled at him. "Wow, Jim is actually pretty good at drawing. First cooking, fighting, now drawing! If he can sing, I will not be shocked, you multi-talented boy!"

People in the crowd blinked as they watched the scene play out. "He's losing it."

"You stay in the Darklands for two weeks with no one to talk to!" Everyone did relax now that Jim was so far unharmed. The boy was proving himself so far.

Steve and Eli watched with anticipation, seeing how Jim handled this, since he wasn't the outgoing, strong type in school. Yet, with how things changed, they rarely doubted him, their minds finally wrapping around the idea that Jim was living this kind of life and was now endangered in the Darklands.

He stood, turning to a large map he had sketched out, adding an x to another place he had searched. "Where are you, Enrique? There's no end to this place." His voice echoed as the camera panned out, showing the vast world beyond Jim.

The Nunez's were quiet, watching his determination as he scoped out the area. He was so set on finding their son that they started breaking even more. If only they knew ahead of time.

The camera flipped, going back up to the right side of the world, Blinky muttering to himself, standing near a wall within the library as he wrote on the wall, doing the same that Jim had been doing. "Then, Tobias and I ride in on the Vespa, in blazing fury, obviously using Claire's shadow staff's temporal portal ability. Aha! Yes! I believe this could work. What do you think, old friend?" He turned to Aaarrrgghh's statue, only to receive no answer.

People blinked before they all laughed, finding it adorable that Jim and Blinky were both doing the same exact thing as they tried to figure out how to rescue someone else.

"No, you're right. That can't work. A shadow staff cannot cross into the Darklands. So, the question remains. How does one open the bridge to save the Trollhunter when one needs a Trollhunter to open said bridge? The quandary is confounding. Think, Blinkous, think!"

"HOW ARE ALL OF YOU DECENT AT DRAWING! LIKE FOR A TROLL THAT IS AMAZING, DO YOU SEE HIS CLAIRE DRAWING!"

"Let's talk about how he realized Aaarrrgghh was never going to respond but denied it? MY HEART!"

"Any luck, Blink?" Came Claire's voice, knocking him from his train of thought as the two sauntered in.

"Per usual, I'm never short on plans, but a working one? No. I must say, it is most frustrating to find oneself without any options. What about you, Tobias? Any fortune with the fetch?" He looked over to find the said boy pulling his head out from the fetch.

"I've been sticking my head through this thing everywhere in Arcadia. All I see is endless Darklands. No Jim. But I have been leaving Nougat Nummies to let him know we haven't given up... and to provide a boost of nourishment," with a defeated sigh, he looked up at them while slouching against Aaarrrgghh. "This is hopeless, isn't it?"

Jim thanked his friends, glad they were so caught up on looking for him despite this being all Jim's fault in the first place. He felt incredibly bad watching them run themselves in the ground for his mistakes.

Blinky set a comforting hand on Toby's shoulder, "As my brother Dictatious used to say..." He began to speak trollish, the words not being translated until Claire spoke up.

"'Even the word 'hopeless'..."

'...isn't void of hope.'" Blinky finished, pointing at her. "Glad to see you still know your Trollish. Which is precisely why we mustn't give up in helping Master Jim. Our adventures have already taken one friend from us. We must not lose another. The answer to saving Jim is in here somewhere."

"YEAH! The same reason why Jim ran in there alone in the first place. This is all so messed up, man. Jim runs in to keep his friends safe but that caused problems so now his friends have to run in and save him..."

"How the tables have turned."

After Blinky's small but comforting speech, the teens were seen grazing through pages in the books lying around the library. Claire had her hand on her chin, studying the pages. However, Toby had his eyes narrowed, staring at something before pulling it off the table.

"Hey, what the heck?" he said in shock, falling over at the sight of a familiar but shortened handle with a dragon-like head. "Who turned my warhammer into a backscratcher?"

"After witnessing your troubles handling it, I sought to stabilize its unpredictability and make it, as you might say..." Blinky had grabbed the hammer, epically twirling it around until the normal, large hammer had appeared. "Fun-size."

"Whaaaat?" Toby said breathlessly, grabbing it back. "Pocket hammer. Fun-size. Awesome-size! Fun-size. Awesome-size! Fun-size. Awesome-size!" he said, amusing himself as the hammer constantly grew and shrunk under his command. Claire slightly narrowed her eyes at Toby before the horn of Trollmarket blew once again, alerting the team.

"Holy horns, what's that?" Toby said, sitting up. His question was soon answered as a crowd of trolls had gathered in the market, looking questionable as they watched a small group of trolls stomp through the pathways of Trollmarket.

Toby squeezed through the arms of the trolls, seeing Queen Usurna, Gatto, some unnamed troll, and a Quagawump.

"Whoa! All the troll heavyweights are here." Toby said in shock as his friends caught up, "Hey! Wise Wumpa lady!" He waved to her, only for her to let out a small groan and turn back.

"Who summoned the Tribunal, Vendel?" Blinky asked frantically, stepping up the said Elder who slowly followed behind them.

The trolls huffed. When the Tribunal showed up, nothing ever good came out of it, now that they had arrived right at Jim's departure was not a good sign. They were most likely there to
charge Jim against his dangerous decisions.

"The Tribunal summoned themselves. Word of the Trollhunter's stupidity to enter the Darklands has spread like the plague. And now, they're calling for the destruction of Killahead Bridge." Blinky made a soft noise at that, Claire catching up to the Elder of Trollmarket.

"I'm sorry?" Jim quickly said, perking up.

"But if they destroy the bridge, Jim won't be able to get out." She stated.

Everyone grew tense once again, all understanding what was going to happen. Jim would be trapped in the hands of Gunmar forever if they succeed.

"They want to trap my son in the Darklands!?" Barbara panicked, standing only to be pushed gently into her seat by Blinky.

"My son is in there too!" Cecilia cried out, her glare hardening. "He made a promise to return Enrique!"

"First the council and now the Tribunal, why is everyone so against Jim's decisions!?"

"I'm well aware of that, and I'm trying to prevent it. Let's go, Blinkous."

Jim smiled, this was the second time that Vendel was actually willing to save him. Usually Vendel hated showing any care for people unless it was dire.

"There goes our hope," Claire breathed out, her posture slacking.

"We must keep searching. Master Jim's time is running out." He caught up to Vendel, waving his hands at Claire and Toby to stay while two brute Krubera guards had blocked off the entrance, stopping the two teens in their paths.

As the group walked to a more secluded spot, dramatic music playing, the scene went black, the main focus was now back in the Darklands, Goblins that were a pale white instead, sniffed the air like hounds, pointing and alerting a troll who had followed.

Their identity was sealed beneath the large cover as they listened to the Goblin chant. It's raspy cries alearted Jim, who gasped lightly, knowing he was now a bigger risk at being caught.

He quickly ran to his map, smearing it in hopes that whoever was around, would not figure out his plans. As the Goblins scurried in, their master following, Jim must have fled because once they made it to the cave, he was gone, leaving nothing but a dark room with barely visible lines of his sketches.

"The human Trollhunter is here. The bridge can be opened. Find him."

Blinky froze, recognizing that body and voice. However, his mind quickly rejected it. He was so caught up on his brother's death, that he was now seeing him. Why would his brother work for Gunmar, this couldn't be him.

"YOU BETTER STAY AWAY FROM HIM!"

"This news is spreading faster than a damn wildfire! Like Vendel said."

The Goblins ran off while Jim was running for his life, gasping as he grew tired, his adrenaline pumping. He turned back, only to trip on a rock and fly further down into the darkness of Gunmar's vast prison. Jim cried out as he bounced off a large stone, slamming into a much thicker passage way below.

The Trollhunter sat up, rubbing a sore spot on his head before he had noticed where he landed. The gurgles of babies and happy noises were heard, Jim looking at the tons of small cradles that were suspended from rock formations.

"No way. The nursery. That's a lot of babies."

"Can we talk about how he said that's a lot of babies. I have no idea but that was the sexiest thing I ever heard from you Jimmy." A student said, nearly fangirling but Claire's sharp glare had silenced her.

"HE FOUND IT! HE FINALLY FOUND IT! WE KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!"

"Oh my goodness, look how many babies the Goblins stole! That is a lot of Changelings! I wonder how far back they go."

Vendel sighed, finally getting the answer to how many have been taken and how much more dangerous it could be. He knew the boy would find the nursery and had a lot of faith that he would be successful returning the one child he wished to bring back, however, now that the inhabitants of the Darklands were alerted on Jim's arrival, he grew more nervous that the boy was now in imminent danger.

In Trollmarket, Claire and Toby slowly snuck through the crystals of the Heartstone, sneaking into the meeting as Vendel was yelling at the Tribunal. "I see no reason for your impatience. He may still be alive. There's been no other Trollhunter chosen. Why do we have to move now?"

Jim had a hard time relaxing, even as Vendel defended him. This was all his fault, yet, it was better that he went alone because no one would be able to stop the destruction of the bridge if all of them had gone in. The news would still spread and no one would be there to help keep their only exit standing.

Claire huffed at the screen but pulled Jim closer to her, knowing he was scared and stressed about the situation at hand, even if he hasn't lived it yet. She hated that he was beating himself up for something but no matter what happened, she would do everything in her power to get him back to her, and she'd remember that so when they truly lived these days, she'd have him once again in her arms.

"We cannot allow the child's folly to endanger all of trollkind." Queen Usurna answered, Wumpa speaking up as well.

"Foolish he was to go in alone. Should not have gone at all."

"If Gunmar finds the boy, what's stopping him from getting out?" The nameless female troll asked, also not agreeing with Vendel's viewpoint.

"Killahead Bridge is locked in the vault," Vendel defended.

"Like a vault will stop Gunmar," Usurna said, her face remaining emotionless.

The stones lying upon the table began to piece themselves together, revealing a much smaller Gatto. "Tear it down, and let the flesh thing perish in the Darklands. Your toy amulet will choose another."

"Wow, they are really starting to get on my nerves!" Barbara stated, her fists balling but slouching since she was nothing but a spectator and could do nothing about it.

"Those ungrateful turds! We don't have a say about Jim, but volcano guy does?" Toby whispered angrily.

"The Trollhunter's fate is not yet sealed. The amulet has yet to call another. He may still return to us."

"Captured already he may be, with Gumm-Gumm horde marching for us!" Wumpa yelled, fist raised while Blinky watched, no longer wanting to hear it, seeping with rage.

"I am astounded at what I'm hearing. Master Jim's deeds may be brash, yes, but, in his short tenure bearing the sacred mantle, the Trollhunter slayed Bular the Vicious..." Scenes played out as Blinky explained them, Jim pressing his hand into Bular, a blue blast radiating from his hand and shooting through Bular's thick body. The blast shot hard through his core, the color pouring from his mouth and eyes as he screamed in pain. Another scene was Jim as he raised his fist, the crowd cheered and their mood completely changing as they supported him.

"-Railied Trollmarket against Angor Rot," Blinky's voice was continuously heard over the flashbacks. "Uncovered the changelings in our midst,"

Strickler felt his sore jaw. His eyes suddenly were colored red, pure rage filled Strickler as he stood, green smoke and lightning covered his body and a harsh hiss accompanying it, transforming him into an almost naked and very hideous troll.

The final flashback appeared, Jim standing in front of the large bridge right before he had leaped into the Darklands. Finally, Blinky was shown again, his face was revealing all the emotions he was feeling in that moment.

"-and captured the very bridge you now wish to make his tomb. So many times he has granted our kind mercy, saved us from ourselves. I don't merely ask that we keep the bridge standing. I demand we go in after him!"

The crowd cheered, Jim had done so much already and was still standing. They were so proud of him. He did a lot more than Kanjigar had and deserved songs written about him.

"THAT'S MY SON!"

Gatto looked down at him, expressionless. "Very moving, Blinkous, but answer me this. Who's to say this human isn't a changeling, who went in to free Gunmar himself?"

Everyone groaned out, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? THESE TROLLS SHOULD NOT BE A PART OF SOMETHING THAT HAS TO MAKE IMPORTANT DECISIONS WHEN THEY ARE ALL DIMWITTED!"

"WHY WOULD THE AMULET CHOSE A CHANGELING IF THEY ARE BAD. THESE GUYS ARE STUPID!"

Blinky gasped, not believing what he was hearing. "I am flabberghasted!"

"I see no proof otherwise," The skinner female said, crossing her arms. Claire had enough, she appeared from her hiding spot, Toby following as they chewed the trolls out.

"How dare you! You were the ones who said he has to answer every call!"

"He went in to hunt down Gunmar, the one troll the rest of you are too scared to deal with!"

"FINALLY! YOU TELL THEM, TOBY!"

"He isn't wrong, they all want to act tough and be the true heroes when they hide behind a Trollhunter for all their lives! They shouldn't be allowed to do this and it makes me so mad!"

"Oh, not these two. They're always a pain in my rear!" Gatto cried out.

"You deserve it now." Toby scoffed, scrunching his lips and making a sour face at the screen.

The guards had finally gotten a hold on Claire and Toby, right as Claire was about to speak up again, Blinky speaking for her. "They deserve to be heard! If you boot them from these proceedings, you may as well do the same to me!" His wish was granted, the three being thrown out from the hearings. "Scum of the earth!"

Back in the Darklands, gates were opened, revealing a dark room surrounded by statues, it was nothing but a large arena with a throne placed within it. The cloaked figure slowly stepped up to the throne, bowing. "Dark Underlord, the Trollhunter is here."

"The bridge... It can be opened! Find him! After centuries, we will be free," Gunmar's voice came from the blanket of darkness, the only thing seen was his black and blue hand that was moving with every word.

Speaking of the Trollhunter, he was still in the nursery but out of view as a few Goblins were taking care of the young, singing soft tunes and feeding them bottles. As the Goblin continued to sing and rub the baby's face, showing gentle and kindness, the baby had stopped it's laughter and drank.

"This is extremely rare and unsettling."

Another Goblin joined the cradle, the two singing a lullaby to the child while Jim was hanging from a cradle a distance away, climbing up one gently.

Jim finally climbed on top of the cradle, a baby opening their eyes and giggling as it spotted Jim, squealing and reaching out for him. "Shh-shh-shh!" he lightly swung the cradle and used it to get to a closer distance to the other.

The Trollhunter grunted as he hung on the side of another. He gasped and ducked his head behind the basket as a Goblin had been climbing up another in front of him. His eyes landed on the sign laying upon the cradle. "Eloise Stemhower. Born 1894." He climbed up, careful of the child and looked down upon the peaceful baby. "Jeez, what are they feeding you guys?"

"Can we talk about Jim's strength and the fact that he makes pull ups look so effortless. I would have struggled for hours then slipped to my death because my hands would be sweaty."

He hopped from the cliffside onto another cradle, a baby with black hair looking up at him. The bottle fell from his mouth, the baby beginning to cry. Jim gasped and quickly picked the bottle up, gently placing it back into the child's mouth. "Shh-shh-shh! It's okay, it's okay." He looked at the name, only to be left in shock. "Waltolomew... Strickler?"

"WAIT, STRICKLER!? I KNOW HE'S A CHANGELING BUT IT'S WEIRD TO THINK HE IS NOTHING BUT AN IMPOSTER!"

"Jim is so confused now."

"Um, why is Strickler adorable."

"Because that is the real one!"

A Goblin who had been catering to another child suddenly perked up, sniffing the air and ascending the chain. Jim was unaware of the alerted creature. "You're the real Walter Strickler? You're so... small." He lightly smiled as the baby giggled, dropping the bottle again but Jim quickly fixed it.

"You'd be an adorable dad."

Strickler looked at the screen, his eyes showing all the heartbreak behind it. That kid never had a chance to grow up and meet his parents, live a great life. The poor kid was pulled into something so deep for nothing.

Jim landed on another cradle, right in front of a familiar baby who had blown raspberries at him. Jim smiled at the sight, he looked at the nametag, revealing who the precious baby was. He picked the baby up and cuddled him in success. "Enrique! I know a girl who has been dying to see you." He heard another baby giggling and reaching for him, Jim whispering down to him. "I'll come back, I promise. I'll come back for all of you."

The Nunez's nearly fainted at the sight of Enrique, Claire gripping Jim's cheeks and smiling as the tears built up in her eyes. "You found him!"

Jim smiled, his hands hovering over her's and pulling her into a sweet but quick kiss. Cecilia and Javier had witnessed the whole moment, their hearts beating fast at the sight of their son unharmed. They no longer seemed mad that Claire and Jim were close. The boy was a saint now, yet, Javier still seemed a bit upset that a boy was already all over his only daughter.

Jim swung from the now empty cradle, disappearing from the nursery. A Goblin had made it to the same basket a few minutes later, singing as it held a fresh bottle. When the creature looked down, his hand felt the empty spot, instant panic setting in. It called out to his friends, alerting them to the situation.

Jim dangled off another cradle, watching them as the Goblins freaked. Jim let out a breath and looked down at Enrique before gaining his footing. Enrique who was safe in Jim's arms was beginning to fall asleep, letting go of the bottle and the plastic container dropping from the height. It clanked on the ground, all Goblins appearing from the baskets and staring at him.

"Okay, is it just me or is Jim now suddenly attractive as heck while he wears that armor and holds a baby."

"Nope, me too." Jim blushed at the murmurs of agreement, couldn't lie though, he looked fantastic in the armor.

"Let's talk about how now he is caught!?"

Jim wasted no time, swinging the basket around and flying to another. He leaned back, avoiding the grabbing hands of the Goblin and making his way to another cradle. He fell down the side, holding tightly onto the basket and trying to shake the Goblin off that had been holding onto Enrique.

"Get out of here! Get off!" Jim had enough, he hooked his leg onto the chain, hanging upside down and punching the Goblin off, Enrique now awake and finding the scene amusing. Jim flipped upright as he noticed the Goblins evacuating the children, some even ready to charge at him.

The swung, trying to cut the distance between them and Jim but the Trollhunter wasted no time, he gently set Enrique down and donned his thigh blades. With a simple toss, the basket was cut from it's hold, sending the Goblins down with it.

Jim caught it epically and grinned, right before he noticed the much larger group of Goblins cornering him.

"Hang tight, little guy. The bough is about to break." He cried out as he fell from the height of the basket but used his shield so nothing would happen to Enrique. Jim smiled as the child laughed and clapped at him but the moment was cut short as Jim pressed Enrique close to him and began to run as the cries of the Goblins got closer.

The Gumm-Gumms had heard of Jim's arrival, one beating a drum for no apparent reason as his comrades each grabbed a spear, readying themselves.

"The Trollhunter must not escape. We need him alive!"

"YOU CAN STAY FAR AWAY FROM HIM!"

Jim had never stopped, trying to remember where he came from and where to go, "Left, then right, then... No. Ah, Jim, you were never good at remembering things." He turned a corner, running in any direction he could that would lead him away from the trouble he stirred, but Enrique had other plans, whimpering and letting out loud cries. "Shh! Come on, Enrique, don't cry. Come on. You want everyone to know we're here?"

Everyone laughed as Jim scolded himself, Barbara even relaxing a little to see her son was the same goofball that he was. She didn't understand why he was beating himself up because of a terrible memory. He seemed to be doing just fine remembering everything so far.

Trying something else, Jim started to hum, watching as Enrique finally relaxed. "Come on, Enrique. Thank you." He blew a raspberry which seemed to upset the child more. Jim tried to take off running, only for Goblins to block his path.

He took off in the other direction as Enrique still cried, seeming to grow louder by the minute. However, each direction was covered with angered Goblins, making Jim take a much more dangerous route and leaping off the side.

Claire watched Jim carefully, hoping he didn't get caught.

Jim once again shielded Enrique from the fall and did a quick check to make sure the baby was not harmed. Not wasting anymore time, Jim continued to run, stopping in front of a wall with shock, right before his eyes narrowed in success.

An arrow was pointing to the right, reminding Jim that he had been here. Instead, the boy took off to the left and stuck his sword into a crease in the stone. With a satisfied grin, he followed the path of the arrow.

The Gumm-Gumm's weren't far but hadn't seen his plan. They looked at the arrow, thinking the boy was trying to throw them off. When they stopped at his sword, the weapon vanished and shocked the guards, right before their death had come at the hands of the same beast Jim had stolen the eggs from.

Jim listened close by, kneeling as he comforted Enrique. He held out his hand, the sword reappearing in his grip. With a quick spin of the sword, Jim slid it onto his back and ran down a small tunnel.

"That was the most epic and awesome thing I have ever seen."

Back in Trollmarket, Claire, Toby, and Blinky were doing the same thing, but running towards the vault which was being guarded by Draal who had instantly stopped them.

"Whoa there, younglings! I'm afraid the vault is off-limits until the Tribunal ends."

"Draal! What the heck man!" People cried out, the said troll looking a bit nervous even after his future self didn't seem to know anything about what was going on with Jim's situation.

"Draal, the Tribunal's going to tear down the bridge with Jim in it!" Toby said breathlessly, shocking Draal and instantly changing his mood on the situation.

"Bushigal! They can't do that!" He unlocked the vault, arming himself with an axe as they stomped into the room. "They're not going to get through us."

"That's better. Don't ever take their side mister."

"Where are they going?" One troll asked in the background, another answering.

"I don't know!" They watched as Queen Usurna led her men to the vault, Vendel following but trying to stall her and keep her away from the bridge.

"I'm sorry, I've forgotten my eyeglasses."

A lot of eyebrows were raised as Vendel nodded in an approving matter at himself. He wasn't a good liar but he didn't care.

"Trolls don't wear eyeglasses. What are they doing in there?" She shoved Vendel to the side, looking at Blinky who had helped Toby up the stairs.

"I DO NOT LIKE HER! DO NOT SHOVE VENDEL!"

"Stopping you guys from making a huge mistake!"

"Good gracious," Blinky breathed out before he lifted Toby and ran into the room.

"Please, stop them!" Vendel cried and stuck his staff out to trip a Krubera. "Oops."

Everyone laughed at Vendel's antics, enjoying the sight of him not even trying with the tone of his voice. He was a one of a kind.

Blinky gasped as a guard cut closer, yelling to his team to, "break the controls!"

"You know, if only I had a portable warhammer." He pulled it out with a grin. "Oh, wait, I do!" He did an epic flip with the weapon, easily making it down the stairs and slamming it against the lock, cutting the Krubera off from the bridge. "Let's rock this joint!"

The theater cheered as Jim nudged his friend, "Tobes, that was one of the most epic moves you have ever pulled off. You are fantastic!"

"Awww, thank you buddy!"

Draal and Toby shared a fist bump before the pudgy boy asked, "So, now what?"

"We hold them back as long as we can," Claire said as the guard pounded on the door, trying to get inside. She twirled her staff while the team readied themselves.

"For Jimbo."

"Always had a thing against authority," Draal replied.

"I just hope Master Jim is near."

Jim smiled and nudged Toby and Claire who smiled back at him. He was so lucky to have friends like that. Steve watched with a pang of bitter feelings. His friends rarely defended him unless he threatened them too, now realizing that, his mind was filled with memories of his friends not being there for him.

Something had just clicked when he heard the determination in Toby's voice and how hard they were willing to go to keep Jim alive. It was something he never seen done for him. Even Jim wanted to get punched so he could defend Eli.

He should probably talk to Jim after this.

Speaking of Jim, the boy had leaped from a tunnel, finding the awaited bridge. "Yes!" He gasped as the guards had taken another route, trying to corner him. He continued on his way to the bridge, while the Krubera still tried to knock down the door.

"Perfect timing Jim! Keep going!"

Finally, they had gotten the door unlocked, and Usurna stepped in, the guards following in. "The Tribunal shall discuss matters of your ousting after this, Vendel."

"She is such a b-!"

"Kiss my mossy bottom, Usurna."

Laughter filled the room, the moment was still scary, however, Vendel was amusing and had lightened it up.

"VENDEL! I CAN'T YOU ARE SO FUNNY!"

"And a whole mood. He pretty much will tell anyone to go away." Vendel nodded, liking the sight of Usurna's face towards his mood. It was an enjoyment to watch her grow angry at him, he did it for a sport now.

"Man, he just told her!"

Jim's feet slammed against the stone as his breaths grew heavy, the amulet lighting up at the return of the Trollhunter, even the spot on Jim's chest had glowed as well. Outside, the amulet began to flicker on the bridge, however, Claire and Toby were too busy to notice.

Draal yelled out, rolling into a ball and trying to tackle them, only to be knocked down in the process. Claire took her chance, yet, she lost her staff and was grabbed in the process. Toby had tried to help, only to suffer the same fate, the two being thrown back now weaponless.

Blinky tried to punch at the Krubera troll but was thrown down. His gaze locked on Usurna as he was grabbed once again.

"Good gracious! You're condemning the boy!"

Blinky frowned at that. He wanted to wrap Jim in his arms and beg him not to go to the Darklands, he couldn't lose his son.

"A fight against the Tribunal is an affront against trollkind." With a snap of her fingers, the troll stepped up, readying his hammer. Toby tried to stall him but was cornered by another guard.

His eyes caught the blue wave that poured over the bridge, signaling that Jim was near.

"No! Hey, wait, the amulet! He's coming through! He's coming through!"

"RUN JIM, RUNNNNN!"

"It's Gunmar! Tear it down now!" The Krubera nodded, taking one hit at the bridge while the Trollhunters were held back, Toby reaching and crying.

"NO!"

"SHUT UP!"

"STOP BEING SO STUPID USURNA!" The screams came out simultaneously, no one liking the idea of Usurna getting her way no matter how hard the other Hunters tried to stop her. They wanted to end her so bad.

"No!"

Jim ducked as pieces of the bridge began to crumble, "Oh, wait! No! No, we're here! We're right here!"

Claire heard Jim's voice echo through, joined by Enrique's cries. "Enrique! Stop! That's my brother! Let him through!" She leaped over the guard, proving to be extremely nimble. "No, no, no, no, no!" The guard tried to follow but Draal had managed to stop him, roaring as he covered the Krubera's face.

Jim was suddenly knocked to the floor, crawling back away from the drawn weapons. He pushed himself up, continuing to run to the exit, as he cried out for them, ducking from a large piece of stone that ended up colliding with a Gumm-Gumm.

"We're here! We're right here!"

"YES! SEE IT'S NOT GUNMAR! STOP WHACKING THE DAMN BRIDGE!"

"Stop, please! He's coming through! You'll hurt him!" Claire poked her head through, finding Jim running towards her as numerous guards followed. "It's Jim and Enrique! Jim!"

"Claire!" They reached their hands out, both trying their best to

"Jim!"

"A little more! Just a little more." Their hands finally joined, only for the hands of a Gumm-Gumm to grab Jim by the shoulders. "Oh, no." His hand was ripped from Claire's as they tried to pull him back.

Screams grew louder as they watched Jim get torn from the safety of Claire's hand, not liking the sight of Jim being taken away from Trollmarket because of the Tribunal.

"NOW HE IS IN THE HANDS OF THE GUMM-GUMMS BECAUSE OF YOU!"

"No!" Claire cried, the bridge crumbling after the last swing. The Trollhunters gasped, all in shock but Jim was still fighting, slammin himself into the stomach of the Gumm-Gumm and freeing himself.

He leaped forward, noticing the portal closing and made sure Enrique was first right as the bridge collapsed, Claire's body falling back with her baby brother tucked in her arms. "NO!" The amulet clanked to the ground as Jim slowly sat up, weak from the running.

"I was right there." Jim looked so defeated looking at the remains of the bridge, right before he was pinned to the ground.

Cecilia and Javier didn't seem to relax at the sight of their son finally freed from the Darklands, instead, their worry was for Jim. The boy had brought Enrique back to the safe town of Arcadia but now was taken captive because of it.

Their daughter seemed extremely upset, her hands continued to rest on Jim's shoulders, not seeming to let him go anytime soon.

"YOU- YOU FRICKEN PUT HIS LIFE IN BIGGER RISKS! YOU DID NOTHING! THERE'S SO MUCH I WANT TO SAY BUT I AM SO GOSH DARN ANGRY!"

"HE WAS RIGHT THERE! WHY DID THEY NOT WAIT JUST A SECOND! THEY COULD HAVE JUST LET HIM THROUGH AND ENDED IT THERE! WHY ARE THEY SUCH JERKS!"

"Can I swear?" A student asked, the host nodded, giving up. The student started letting out a stream of curse words, the people in the theater all looking at one another with wide eyes, the words growing more harsh with every breath.

"I'm pretty sure they said every swear word and made up their own!"

Claire sat up, looking down at her brother who smiled at the sight of her. "Enrique. Mi hermanito." She pulled him into a hug, tears trickling down her cheeks while Toby suddenly tried to leap at Usurna, a guard holding him back.

"You've killed him! You've killed him! You've killed him. You've killed him!" The light in the amulet dimmed, as the team slouched in defeat. The scene went black, the team now mourning in the library.

"He was right there," Toby said, staring at the amulet.

"I HAVE NO IDEA WHO TO YELL AT RIGHT NOW! I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS!" The kid's fist collided with the wall, leaving a large hole. Everyone froze, Jim blinking before slouching and hiding his face behind his hand.

This was not happening.

"Jim... He got you back. He kept his promise," Claire mumbled to her brother, sliding a thumb across his cheek.

"For you, always." Jim mumbled, kissing her hand as the team watched with tears in their eyes at the defeat.

"This is my fault. I could've done more," Blinky said sadly, looking at Aaarrrgghh.

Toby slammed the amulet on the table, "We can do more! There has to be a way. There has to be something we haven't thought of. You said it yourself. As long as the amulet doesn't call to anybody else, we know he's okay."

Claire looked at the glowing amulet, the device lifting itself in the air and spinning.

"James...Lake."

"It's- It's calling," Claire's voice broke.

"WHY IS IT SAYING HIS NAME! STOP IT!"

"HE'S NOT OKAY!"

"I don't understand. It's not making any sense," Blinky said as it began to speak Trollish after implanting itself on Aaarrrgghh's stone body.

"What's it saying?" Claire asked desperately.

"The troll is the key, the key to the hunter. The troll is the key, the key to the hunter. Over and over. It must be a glitch."

Blinky perked at this, this wasn't like the other times. It was calling but something was different. As if whoever was in there was desperate and upset that Jim was caged just like Gunmar.

"Is it broken?" Claire asked, looking at Toby who narrowed his eyes right before he figured it out.

"No! They're helping us!"

"Who?" Claire asked again.

"The voices in the amulet, the ghost council."

"YES! THEY ARE FINALLY DOING SOMETHING GOOD FOR US!"

"Well, what are they trying to say?"

"The troll is the key, the..." Aaarrrgghh is the key! But that's impossible, he's..." Blinky started, piecing it together.

"...gonna get us Jim back! Did you hear that, Claire? If we save Aaarrrgghh, we save Jim!" Toby celebrated.

"I don't believe it."

"Now, that is some glitch!" Blinky said excitedly, he and Toby fist bumping.

People cheered as Aaarrrgghh listened curiously. How could they possibly bring a dead troll back to life? He was glad to see his friends once more but it seemed so impossible.

Jim was wrestled onto his knees, head hanging as his arms were bound in chains. The cloaked figure stepped up to the boy, chuckling. "At long last, here you are," the troll stated, Jim watching as six eyes opened, revealing his similarities to Blinky.

Blinky gasped, standing and his mouth hanging open. He knew he recognized that voice the second he heard it. However, he was just in denial. That was until the face had been revealed and Blinky stumbled back, everyone looking in his direction in shock.

Jim looked up, growing breathless. His big blue eyes piercing into the troll before him. "You... You look like Blinky." Dictatious pulled his hood down with a grin. "You're... You're Blinky's..."

"My brother has taught you well, but not well enough." He raised the handle of the spear, and swung, the only thing heard was a decent smack and the screen going pitch black.

"DID HE JUST KNOCK OUT MY SON!?" Barbara screamed, everyone's jaws dropped as they had seen Jim's predicament. Now being in the hands of the Gumm-Gumms and what was worse, was the fact he was now unconscious.

Even Steve was watching with a bit of heartbreak, no longer finding pain inflicted on Jim, funny.

"Should have seen that coming, after all in one episode, Dictatious was mentioned so many times than he usually ever was."

"No way... it's his brother! That is some twist!" Suddenly Blinky let out an angry roar, cutting everyone off as they discussed the surprising news. The troll ran to the screen, slamming his fists against it and spewing out his rants in Troll language.

Jim quickly pushed himself from his seat and ran up to Blinky, ceasing the rapid punching. "Blinky."

"HE IS A TRAITOR! HE INJURED YOU! I THOUGHT HE WAS DEAD! I LOST MY BROTHER AND MOURNED HIM, ONLY TO FIND THIS OUT!"

Jim's heart broke as Blinky poured out his feelings. He pulled the Troll into a hug, Blinky slacking instantly and keeping a tight hold on Jim. "My brother was my closest friend before Aaarrrgghh, I was so defeated at his disappearance. Now he works for Gunmar and he has been alive this whole time. He has hurt you, I am so sorry, Master Jim. He will wish I never got my hands on him."

"No, I'm sorry." Jim kept Blinky is a tight hug, the theater silent as they shared the moment together.

A father and son moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 226 20
Ladar awakens. her body very much changed to look like her father. Learning that her Twin brother Bular is, but dead. Still she will try and bring he...
45K 1.2K 9
⚑ ᴊɪᴍ ʟᴀᴋᴇ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ » "You can tear me limb from limb, scorch me to a burnt crisp even grind my bones to dust! but if you even dare think of laying a...
14.2K 255 8
Short stories of a very underrated show. Please enjoy and feel free to request! You will find while reading: Jliare, Jim!Whump, Trollhunters, DANGER...
79.4K 2.5K 86
Sonya Wolf, aside from a few piercings, is your average teen. She's a new transfer at Arcadia Oaks High, but it soon becomes clear that Sonya is ...v...